Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Release Date 12/25/2019 (That's Christmas day to you heathens. ps Happy birthday Jesus)
Directed by Sam Mendes
With Richard Madden, Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Strong, Andrew Scott

Premise: Two British soldiers experience one harrowing day while fighting in World War I.

UcmZN0Mbl04
Link

Love a good war epic, so I'll check this out.

jaden_2.0
It's a solid cast and director but that trailer just looked cheap.

Robtard
Felt the same, like a made for TV flick almost. Still, looking forward to this so far.

BruceSkywalker
this looks good.. talented cast. of course to see stephen strange and Ikaris in a whole lot of scenes together should be freaking awesome

Oliver Brown
I am quite impressed y this movie's cast!

I mean all the casted actors are amazing.

I'm waiting for this.

Robtard
Really enjoyed this, the cinematography was crazy excellent. This first hour or so seemed like one uninterrupted shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sam Mendes wins for best director.

Patient_Leech
Is there strong story and character development in this?

I didn't really like the Nolan film from a few years ago, Dunkirk. It was rather dry and didn't really deserve a Best Picture nom imo.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Is there strong story and character development in this?

I didn't really like the Nolan film from a few years ago, Dunkirk. It was rather dry and didn't really deserve a Best Picture nom imo.

The story is very simplistic, two soldiers need to get from point A) to point B) before X-hour or something bad will happen to a bunch of other soldiers.

There's character development in it for the two mains, but it's tidbits here/there, it works though imo. The story is about 90% focused on them and the journey. The supporting characters they meet along the way, you only a surface feeling for them, but it works in the greater story.

This movie is all about the views though, there's some absolutely terrific camerawork in this and the "reality" of war depicted here is both visceral and in your face visual.

playa1258
My number 1 film of 2019.

Amazing.

Eon Blue
A great film.

Way better than Joker bile.

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.