Who is More Vulnerable To Energy drain? Superman or Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
who?

also bonus question:who resists it better?

use feats to support your arguments please

-Pr-
laughing out loud

ghostman
Originally posted by -Pr-
laughing out loud

lol what?

-Pr-
This thread should be fun/funny, is all.

xJLxKing

carver9
Wasnt this already proven recently? Superman was in an area where there was NO Sunlight and Surfer was in an area where he couldnt recharge his power. Superman almost died while Surfer was taking on a God and creating mini Suns.

xJLxKing
Lmao no

ghostman
bump

cdtm
Superman wins, with ease.

His power level drops like a stone under red sunlight, and Triumph could have easily killed him. He is FAR more vulnerable to energy drain.

Therefore, he wins this thread.

Edit: And resistance? He needed a force field to resist Parasite. Superman has no resistance at all.

Norrin Radd can't hope to be as vulnerable to energy draining as the mighty Man of Steel is, that loser couldn't GIVE his energy away as fast as Superman loses it!

"Who is more vulnerable to energy drain?" In this contest, as always, Superman is the superior. SUPER-INFERIOR.

Now to sit and wait as Carver or someone tells me why I am wrong.

gauntlet o doom
I know Superman needs a certain type of radiation to recharge whereas Surfer doesn't need to be anywhere specifically.

Wonder Man
Surfer only needed a little bit to overcome eyeblast.
I give this to him.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
I know Superman needs a certain type of radiation to recharge whereas Surfer doesn't need to be anywhere specifically. But Superman could convert other energies( For instance bio energy coverts to solar energy and absorbing it)

Stoic
Superman is on a large average less vulnerable to energy drain, if we are saying that the two of them are standing there while a powerful energy manipulator attempts a power hijack.

Wonder Man
Silver Surfer sailed out the energies of this universe with a partner while fighting and created new space energies for Marvel besides hyperspace after Secert Wars.
Noble he is.

carver9
Recently, who've been drained the most?

Sin I AM
Hmmm...

They've both been drained with varying degrees of difficulty, I remember once when Surfer was drained upon entering a planet in search of Thanos last will and testament, Doom, HE, actually come to think of it he's been drained alot. Back in the day the best way for a non cosmic threat to deal with him was by draining him. For Supes just look at any red sun, kryptonite or parasite scenes. Threadsakes though I'll go with Clark, since his willpower/resolve is stronger than Norrin in addition to the way their powers are treated. PC seems like a power source that Surfer plugs into and draws from. Yellow Sun fuels Clark but he's treated more like a rechargable battery. I'd say about even.

Wonder Man
Surfer would change Superman's skin to Yellow and defeat the Green Lantern and Superman would admit to being in league with China.
Of course when groups conspire against America we can easily defeat them.

carver9
Killer Frost and Poseidon drained Supes dry. And Superman entering a dark dimension recently was draining him as well.

Surfer black hole showing drained him, Rulk drained him (even though it was a newly experience Surfer), then we have high evolutionary draining him as well. Different type of drainage for both. Depends on how you look at it.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by cdtm
Superman wins, with ease.

His power level drops like a stone under red sunlight, and Triumph could have easily killed him. He is FAR more vulnerable to energy drain.

Therefore, he wins this thread.

Edit: And resistance? He needed a force field to resist Parasite. Superman has no resistance at all.

Norrin Radd can't hope to be as vulnerable to energy draining as the mighty Man of Steel is, that loser couldn't GIVE his energy away as fast as Superman loses it!

"Who is more vulnerable to energy drain?" In this contest, as always, Superman is the superior. SUPER-INFERIOR.

Now to sit and wait as Carver or someone tells me why I am wrong.

What a crock of shitlaughing out loud

Wonder Man
Xorn puts their energies into remission and recreates Gladiators world for him.

SquallX

Wonder Man
Xorn can change into different people.

carver9
@Squall...

Surfer was in that black hole for yrs. Traveling and being in black holes for an extended amount of time are 2 different things. Superman for an unknown amount of time almost died without light while Surfer for yrs inside of a black hole still had enough power to fight a symbiote God, light up a planet, create life, etc...

Then this isnt about absorbing anything, this is about resistance.

SquallX

carver9
I'm not talking about will power though, lol. I'm saying that using the fts that have been mentioned, drainage fts, Surfer looks FAR better. Taking everything under consideration, I dont know who is taking this.

Mindship
A lot of it has to do with the writing. By force of will, Superman sometimes has to resist stuff sorta outside the range of his familiar powerset (eg, he doesn't have a superpower per se for resisting depletion). Superman already has established, well-known weaknesses. No need to add more.

Surfer, OTOH, is so versatile + powerful, that (from a writer's POV) it helps having some sort of semi-established way of taking out an otherwise godlike being. He doesn't have a few specific weaknesses story-wise to fall back on.

Leaning toward Superman (for dramatic-storytelling reasons wink ).

Mindship
Originally posted by Mindship
Leaning toward Superman (for dramatic-storytelling reasons wink ). Oops. Meant, leaning toward Superman to better resist draining.

Wonder Man
Surfer was meant to sail the universe. You won't see him comming but when he does he'll have found something akin to people.

ozz81
Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.