aoa nightcrawler vs aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
hmmmm....

Quick Freeze

leonidas
/thread. thumb up

-Pr-
I really hope this version of Kurt isn't one of those that can only teleport in to places he's seen before.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really hope this version of Kurt isn't one of those that can only teleport in to places he's seen before.

Age of Apocalypse.

He literally 'ported 616 Wade's head off.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Age of Apocalypse.

He literally 'ported 616 Wade's head off.

Yes, but I couldn't help myself.

That was the one that was in X-Force, right? The one that was a tad psychotic?

StiltmanFTW
Correct. He was in Remender's Uncanny run.

He could end the fight in an instant, unless Arthur has a telepathic power that is actually useful. DC guys themselves are still not sure what to do with it, last time I checked they wanted to retcon it into something other than tp?

Quick Freeze
You know he was playing off my joke Stilt! It was a very Stilt-style joke! I laughed!

-Pr-
Correct. He was in Remender's Uncanny run.

He could end the fight in an instant, unless Arthur has a telepathic power that is actually useful. DC guys themselves are still not sure what to do with it, last time I checked they wanted to retcon it into something other than tp?

I'm not caught up, but I don't trust the last couple of Aquaman writers to know what they're ****ing doing.

If recent comics are to be believed, the 90s are canon again, and Aquaman would have his full suite of telepathy back at his beck and call. That said, yeah, Nightcrawler could likely just teleport his head off unless the character's durability plays a part.

Senor Cage
Nighty wins.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not caught up, but I don't trust the last couple of Aquaman writers to know what they're ****ing doing.

If recent comics are to be believed, the 90s are canon again, and Aquaman would have his full suite of telepathy back at his beck and call. That said, yeah, Nightcrawler could likely just teleport his head off unless the character's durability plays a part.

616 NC actually ported Bastion's (transformed further) arm off once it got stuck inside him in Second Coming, if memory serves. So he can bypass the durability part, I guess.

So you want to use the fish part of the brain scan again, yes?

I'm going to gouge my eyes out first, wait a minute.

-Pr-
616 NC actually ported Bastion's (transformed further) arm off once it got stuck inside him in Second Coming, if memory serves. So he can bypass the durability part, I guess.

So you want to use the fish part of the brain scan again, yes?

I'm going to gouge my eyes out first, wait a minute.

True. I bring it up because I remember Rogue saying that Nightcrawler's ability to teleport individual parts is also dangerous to himself, as she lamented how painful it was when she used it on Nimrod. I mean, I think a double KO is feasible, but again, I haven't read AoA Kurt's every appearance.

Funnily enough, that's not his best telepathic feat. Just his most popular. If he wanted to, I really don't think it would be a problem for him to shut Kurt down. I just don't see him trying to do it unless he gets forced to, which gives Nightcrawler an opening.

StiltmanFTW
AoA seems to be doing the dismembering part without any significant effort. It's his trademark trick.

Makes him very dangerous (and resented) on battleboards.

-Pr-
AoA seems to be doing the dismembering part without any significant effort. It's his trademark trick.

Makes him very dangerous (and resented) on battleboards.

Yeah, that'd do it all right. And it being his "go-to", yeah, that would make him a pain.

leonidas
my only thought was the durability angle. his power is pretty haxx in this type of setting. i wonder where the limit would be drawn? i've not seen any recent tp feats from arthur to make me think writers are doing anything 90's with it, that's for sure. i liked the early part of his recent series but the events after drowned earth....sucked hard and i stopped reading.

nc also doesn't have to teleport something OFF--he could teleport something INSIDE of arthur. i'd totally forgotten the scene where he ported that shark into blob until i checked out a respect thread. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
he could teleport something INSIDE of arthur

Heh, I forgot about it, too. Great find.

But he's not teleporting anything inside Arthur in a featureless environment forum scenario.

Unless you're suggesting he should sacrifice a part of his body or something like that, Kitty Pryde style?

leonidas
lol no, i always forget the default is featureless. i thought the rule changed or something. i was originally going to set this in a huge scrapyard. thought a shockwave chance for arthur might help, but it would have helped nc more. oh well. this version of nc is pretty underrated. a little like exiles blink who gave king hyperion hell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.