Iron Fist vs Batman and Nightwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smurph
Who wins?

leonidas
smurph! welcome back my friend. love

too many gadgets on the bat side here i think. i'd def take them for a majority.

Quick Freeze
Yeah I agree. I know IF has gotten amped and whatnot, and most certainly takes either one on one, but Batman & Nightwing together? They can put down a lot

cdtm
Originally posted by Smurph
Who wins?

Take the fact Danny is VASTLY faster then Bruce, being comparable to Spider-Man, who himself outclasses Cassandra Cain, whom Bruce himself admitted he'd lose against in a straight fight (And who simply has better speed/reaction feats then he does, despite his much longer history).

If it was straight hand to hand, I'd vote Danny over both of them. If they used gadgets, they'd still have to manage to USE them before getting blitzed into the ground (Unless you think they could last more then a few seconds against Spidey, who IMO could overwhelm them pretty quick)

But lets say they get to use their gadgets. Which gadgets, exactly. will stop him? A Batline/net? He's broken out of Spider-Webbing, easily as strong as any fiber-mesh Bruce carries. Electric Battrangs? He amped off of rail car electricity in Immortal Iron Fist. Gas? According to an IIF one shot, he claimed poisons never work on him, because the chi simply burns it out of his body.

This is all without taking the Iron Fist attack itself into account. If he used that, then it's GG. One shot KO's all around. He's punched through everything from speeding trains, to helicopters, to characters that could give Thor a run.

I mean, someone will probably break out scans of Batman surviving Wonder Woman or Superman attacks, because he has a lot of those. But really, he has no business surviving a Wonder Woman killing shot.. At the very least, a punch that could one shot Luke Cage should knock Bruce cold, every single time.

IMO, Iron Fist wins a majority. Give the team one or two wins if Danny is off his game or fooling around.

Quick Freeze

cdtm

BruceSkywalker
Good match.. too many gadgets for bruce and dick...

rand will make them work for it but 8/10 times bruce/dick take him

StiltmanFTW

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by cdtm
Since Claremont.

I used to post scans all the time, but too lazy now. Stilts probably seen most of them, from other posters if not me. One scene had him redirecting machinegun fire using his fingertips. They were flechette's, not bullets, but they were said to be capable of penetrating steel (Only in comic books), and real world flechette's can reach the speeds of bullets at point blank range (Which this was at)

A more recent, more famous scene from Immortal Iron Fist had him catch a bullet out of mid air, while weakened (To the point that poison made him sick, as at full health he's immune to poisons.)

I'll try and hunt some scans down, maybe.
You don't have to find the scans unless you feel like it. Were those feats considered to be due to an actual speed amp? I recall IF at least dodging bullets long before that (same with Bats, etc.)

Was Rand redirecting bullets like Quicksilver in Days of Future Past?

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He got more powerful in every sense.

Chi enhances everything, not just one physical attribute.

Not that matching Parker's speed is that impressive. It's his agility, wall-crawling, Spider Sense and webs that make him appear faster than he really is.

Anyway, we take Danny at his best, we need to the same for Bruce and Dick... who are formidable even without prep.

Bats packs so much unnecessary stuff, it's ridiculous. Dick doesn't, but he's still more likely to have gadgets at his disposal than, let's say, Daredevil.

Lol your "makes him seem faster" is my "just contributes to his impressive feats of super-speed"

StiltmanFTW
That's why every skilled human can compete with him, even z-listers like Prowler thumb up

Quick Freeze
I'm not gonna dump Spidey speed feats all over Smurph's nice thread because you know how to bait me by focusing on Parker's lowest showings, which, btw, are only there to make him RELATABLE, unlike some dirty invincible Canadian fur-ball who only knows how to be angry!!!! THATS NOT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SOLVE PROBLEMS DAD!!!

Quick Freeze
whoops

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He got more powerful in every sense.

Chi enhances everything, not just one physical attribute.

Not that matching Parker's speed is that impressive. It's his agility, wall-crawling, Spider Sense and webs that make him appear faster than he really is.

Anyway, we take Danny at his best, we need to the same for Bruce and Dick... who are formidable even without prep.

Bats packs so much unnecessary stuff, it's ridiculous. Dick doesn't, but he's still more likely to have gadgets at his disposal than, let's say, Daredevil.

They're formidable, sure. It's the Iron Fist that makes this a mis-match in my eyes.

I mean, if you put Danny in a martial arts tournament battle royal with A and B listers like Matt, Shang, Shiva, Cain, Natchios.. Just pick a list of 30-60 people. It's kind of hard to use martial arts and gadgets against a walking nuke.

Which is what the Iron Fist IS, a glorified bomb ala Nitro. Characters with healing factors like Wolverine or Deadpool could take them all day, which is kind of what you need (That's why he almost never, ever uses it against streets, and saves it for the bricks with bullet hard skin.)

At his best, Batman has stuff that can and WILL put him down, no question. I'm just not sure he could pull any of it out before getting nuked. (Unless he keeps a Justice Buster in that belt of his. Which isn't all that crazy, since it's the Goddarned Batman..)

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

beatboks
Originally posted by cdtm
They're formidable, sure. It's the Iron Fist that makes this a mis-match in my eyes.

I mean, if you put Danny in a martial arts tournament battle royal with A and B listers like Matt, Shang, Shiva, Cain, Natchios.. Just pick a list of 30-60 people. It's kind of hard to use martial arts and gadgets against a walking nuke.

And yet Matt has matched Danny how many time

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/daredevil-vs-iron-fist-2.jpg

Or my favorite?which i cant find at the moment)
Where Danny comments on a move of Matt's and asks if he can borrow it and what its called and Matt's response is "ducking"

Senor Cage
Team wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
And yet Matt has matched Danny how many time

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/daredevil-vs-iron-fist-2.jpg

Or my favorite?which i cant find at the moment)
Where Danny comments on a move of Matt's and asks if he can borrow it and what its called and Matt's response is "ducking"

And he doesn't nuke him. Doesn't even seem to amp his durability, as he did when Prince of Orphans sent him flying with a Kamehameha beam from K'un L'un across dimensions to the ice and snow across the divide.

That quote happened in Bendis's Defenders, btw. Matt had quite a few jabs at his expense that run.

*Barely beats Elektra, bloodied and battered*. "Really? You couldn't have helped out a little?"

"No."

However, it sure wasn't Matt who beat came back from a broken back, and beat down a super amped Diamond Back capable of ragdolling Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. If Matt fought THAT Danny, it wouldn't be much of a fight.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/6000585-defenders%20%282017-%29%20004-016.jpg

panthergod
Batman by himself wins 7/10.

with NW?

IF loses 9.9/10 at minimum.

BruceSkywalker
Bruce steals the iron fist, then pummels Rand with it... Seconds later Rand bends the knee

Smurph
Originally posted by leonidas

too many gadgets on the bat side here i think. i'd def take them for a majority. love

Yeah, this is all gadgets and teamwork vs chi.

cdtm
This will be like Batman and Dick vs Slade.

Slade BEAT Batman, and regularly punks Dick with an entire upper tier team behind him.

deft
With the gadgets? Id say the team takes this

meep-meep
Nah riv.

AlbertoJohnAvil
bump

Just wanna know what happens if batman uses foam?

Batman had enough Foam to stop all Kinetic energy of a Bomb blowing up Wayne Tower

https://i.postimg.cc/9rZHDd3Z/bas.jpg

Thats one Gadget, takes away kinetic energy

He has it in capsule and Gun form

https://i.postimg.cc/9z2nLvsR/rels.jpg

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas

too many gadgets on the bat side here i think. i'd def take them for a majority.

And none of it would withstand a full on chi aura.

Battarangs and batlines would disintegrate, gas would have no effect (As stated in an annual, his chi burns any toxins or poisons out of his system)

Not to mention he can amp up a lot more speed then Bats. On par with Spider-Man, no exaggeration.

If Danny wanted to nuke the area, how would Bats even get close? He can total a city block, easy.

lawest9
Team.

cdtm
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Yeah I agree. I know IF has gotten amped and whatnot, and most certainly takes either one on one, but Batman & Nightwing together? They can put down a lot

How?

The chi amps everything up. He tanked Cage hitting him as hard as he could in the back of the skulls. He's walked off being launched like a missile and crashing into a mountain of ice.

Iron Fist can literally one shot fifty of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.