Would crossovers matter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
We all know that crossovers aren't allowed via the forum rules, but what if that suddenly changed? If tomorrow, all crossovers were allowed and considered as valid as canon appearances are there any particular fights or topics you would shift your position on given the new evidence?

-Pr-
Honestly, no. Even leaving out the fact that most crossovers are just not very well-written (and use massive amounts of PIS to make fights that shouldn't be competitive last longer than ten seconds), they're still just single showings among the hundreds each character possesses.

"But BOTH Marvel and DC say X" isn't some damning evidence that can't be argued against. At least not to me.

deft
Hell no, the crossovers generally have bad writing and are inconsistent. Imo, that matters are the average showings.

xJLxKing

Smurph

Flyattractor
Is this another one of them UnWritten KMC Rules that tends to change on the whim of the mods?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is this another one of them UnWritten KMC Rules that tends to change on the whim of the mods?

I'm going to tell you this once: Keep your whiny, "I'm the victim" shtick off of this section of KMC. Or, keep going a hypocrite, and I'll ban you.

Flyattractor
Sure Thing Squiggy!

-Pr-
Uh-huh. And just for future reference, the rules are clearly laid out here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

And have been since before you were even a member here.

Flyattractor
Wow... Thatsa Lot of Rules!

Damborgson
Yes, they'd matter.

It would definitely prove that Superman going close to all out, using speed, heat vision and flight, is able to barely beat Thor if Thor specifically only uses melee.

Also that regardless of how close to Thor he is, Superman cannot dodge Mjolnir even when Thor shouts he's going to throw it at him.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/asslQOaa0OtVe/giphy.gif

-Pr-
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wow... Thatsa Lot of Rules!

We like to be thorough.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Yes, they'd matter.

It would definitely prove that Superman going close to all out, using speed, heat vision and flight, is able to barely beat Thor if Thor specifically only uses melee.

Also that regardless of how close to Thor he is, Superman cannot dodge Mjolnir even when Thor shouts he's going to throw it at him.

I was willing to forgive the Superman stuff, but Cardi B? Really?

qwertyuiop1998
If it in canon, Then should be matter, But all in all it just a few showings for a character, There are still a lot of other issues to use IMO

Mindship
If crossovers mattered ... Orion's solid, no-sweat defeat by Surfer would be rather astonishing.

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
We like to be thorough.

I was willing to forgive the Superman stuff, but Cardi B? Really? Imagine recognising Cardi B, whoever that is.

Badabing
I'm going to tell you this once: Keep your whiny, "I'm the victim" shtick off of this section of KMC. Or, keep going a hypocrite, and I'll ban you. Well said. thumb up

Quick Freeze

Magnificent M
Just admit you want Venom being superior to Superman be usable.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Magnificent M
Just admit you want Venom being superior to Superman be usable.

+ bishop fisting manhunter

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Damborgson
Yes, they'd matter.

I also think they would matter to an extent. There simply isn't enough crossovers to make a huge difference though.

Magnificent M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
+ bishop fisting manhunter

thumb up

Although, it's J'onn J'onnz. I'm sure everyone's fisted him at one point or another.

HammerT1me
Originally posted by darthgoober
We all know that crossovers aren't allowed via the forum rules, but what if that suddenly changed? If tomorrow, all crossovers were allowed and considered as valid as canon appearances are there any particular fights or topics you would shift your position on given the new evidence?

I have noticed since Superman defeated Thor in the JLA/Avengers crossover an acceptance that didn't exist beforehand, that Superman would win. Before, the argument I constantly heard was that "Superman has two weaknesses: Kryptonite and magic. And Thor has magic." Now what I notice is that Silver Surfer seems like the primary Marvel icon that Superman now can't beat. Which, of course, is silly.

Damborgson
We like to be thorough.

I was willing to forgive the Superman stuff, but Cardi B? Really?

I didn't think she'd be recognized tbh laughing out loud

Bentley
Pr is just really into Cardi B

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.