Never Forget: August 6, 1945

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TempAccount
90jpIQPKBmI

Today marks the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima; the 9th will mark Nagasawki; two awful days where weapons which should never see the light of day were used against humanity.

The War Criminal and self-admitted racist Harry S. Truman attempted genocide by killing over 200,000 Japanese civilians; many of which were Korean workers and even Japanese-American 2nd generation off-spring visiting family at the time of the attack.

Truman stated that the US was prepared to drop atomic bombs on Japan until there was nothing left, further re-enforcing the idea that he and the US were prepared to wipe out an entire race of people.

The Mayor of Hiroshima is pushing that Japan adapts a no-nuclear weapon policy, which PM Abe is rejecting due to the reality of the threats from Russia, N. Korea, and China.

While I typically back Abe, I cannot support the possession or use of WMD which threaten civilian lives by Japan.

http://commonsensenation.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/racist-democrat-harry-s-truman.jpg

Emperordmb
But I thought there were only those with power and those without power, right Kurk?

Surtur
I won't forget it and unlike Japan you won't have to remind me twice.

Zing!

gold slorg
"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's honest and decent and not a ****** or a Chinaman"

MY PRESIDENT

SquallX

Surtur
Truman was a doofus. If only FDR had lived longer.

Silent Master
Should the US have been more like the japanese and just rape and murder their way across Japan?

Surtur
The Japanese government spread so much propaganda that you had citizens committing suicide because they were so afraid of american soliders and what they would do. They said we rape kids and are cannibals.

There is legit a cliff called "suicide cliff". Even pregnant women leapt off.

eThneoLgrRnae
Poor little baby stil crying over the results of WW2.

Yeah, that's right WW2 Japan lovers. Never forget the fact that the japanese paid the price for f***ing with the wrong nation. thumb up

Surtur
Then there are the concentration camps the Japanese had. Hell thousands of allied soldiers died just building the Burma Railway. Which is also known as "The Death Railway".

TempAccount
Originally posted by Emperordmb
But I thought there were only those with power and those without power, right Kurk? This still holds, yes.

Nice to see you post. I always see you lurking in the shadows. Continue to enlighten us with your spacey ways, DMB

Originally posted by Silent Master
Should the US have been more like the japanese and just rape and murder their way across Japan?
No high-ranking military official endorsed this behavior. There are primary sources of command feeling sickened upon hearing of the isolated cases of misconduct.

Every country's military had issues of this to some extent, but to remind you, the native Manchurian's sided with the Japanese over the Russians as they regarded the former to be far more disciplined in their conduct.

Originally posted by Surtur
The Japanese government spread so much propaganda that you had citizens committing suicide because they were so afraid of american soliders and what they would do. They said we rape kids and are cannibals.

There is legit a cliff called "suicide cliff". Even pregnant women leapt off.
That was primarily on the island of Saipan. Most committed suicide b/c surrender was seen as the biggest disgrace one could do. They are a collectivist society.

Originally posted by Surtur
Then there are the concentration camps the Japanese had. Hell thousands of allied soldiers died just building the Burma Railway. Which is also known as "The Death Railway".
lol welcome to the conduct of any war.

Silent Master
Isolated cases of misconduct.

LOL!!!

Surtur
Originally posted by TempAccount
That was primarily on the island of Saipan. Most committed suicide b/c surrender was seen as the biggest disgrace one could do. They are a collectivist society.

Some of it was that, some of it was fear of americans coming to rape and murder them.

Lol wait, what? Are you saying there are comparable stories about American prisoner of war camps during WW2?

roughrider
America was at war with the Empire Of Japan, who did attack them and the British Empire first. I'm not into this apologizing for the use of the bomb.

The military estimates were that taking Japan by land would cost the Americans another million casualties and take another year. The closer American & Allied forces got to Japan the more fanatical the Japanese fought and acted; they got mothers running with their children off cliffs in Okinawa because of the propaganda they spread about the American soldiers, which made Okinawa one of history's great madhouses. They gave Tojo and his government the opportunity to surrender or they would use it. The government didn't believe them, and so they dropped one. But even after that devastation, they still wouldn't surrender, so the second one dropped. Japan had to be blasted down so badly to get the military fanatics running the country to finally stop sacrificing their citizens, in the name of their twisted code of honour that forbade surrender.

That they were civilians - the practice of terror bombing as a tactic got started during the Spanish Civil War (before that it was a taboo) and was used by all sides during WW2.

We should be thankful instead that such a weapon has never been used on a civilian population again, despite the decades of Cold War tensions and arms race. Because we saw the devastation in Japan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.