Your Top 3 Kingpins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
So, I just finished watching this narco style series in Netflix and wondered who are the biggest kingpins in movies/tv shows.

So, if you were to pick your top 3 Kingpins, who would you choose and why?

Both fictional and real characters are allowed.

TheVaultDweller
I'd have to think a bit about some of then, but Walter White aka "Heisenberg" always impressed me, if you consider where he started, as a genuine phucking nobody, to becoming a pretty huge deal. But, like most of these guys, they never know when enough is enough.

Also, was it a narco-type show, or was it actually Narcos? Because that show is quite good.

I want to obviously add a version of Fisk, but you have a choice. In terms of physical threats, the Spider-Verse version is pretty beastly. But in terms of criminal mastermind, the Netflix version is pretty great IMO.

KingD19
In real life, El Mayo. The guy who is El Chapo's boss, and just moves around and runs the organization from the shadows.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'd have to think a bit about some of then, but Walter White aka "Heisenberg" always impressed me, if you consider where he started, as a genuine phucking nobody, to becoming a pretty huge deal. But, like most of these guys, they never know when enough is enough.

Walter was a brilliant chemist, but really only a so-so kingpin. Gus ran the much more stable operation.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Walter was a brilliant chemist, but really only a so-so kingpin. Gus ran the much more stable operation.

Gus had time to establish himself though. Walter basically jumped into the deep end. And he also had the cancer thing constantly in the back of his mind and that urgency that came with it, which probably helped fuel some of his more erratic decisions. And a family member on the opposite side of the law on top of that. His downfall was ego though, which was his main weakness IMO.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Also, was it a narco-type show, or was it actually Narcos? Because that show is quite good.

I want to obviously add a version of Fisk, but you have a choice. In terms of physical threats, the Spider-Verse version is pretty beastly. But in terms of criminal mastermind, the Netflix version is pretty great IMO.

I can't agree more, I'm certainly placing Heisenberg as a mastermind. He started from scratch with 0 knowledge and yet managed to overcome his much powerful foes.

Dr Will Hatch
Walter was a smart guy, but his ego kept getting in the way. He was in the clear after Gale's death, but then he told Hank that the real Heisenberg was still out there, which led to Hank digging around a little more and Walter eventually getting caught. He also easily fell for Jesse and Hank's scheme to lead them to where the money was buried because he was paranoid they were going to burn it.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Walter was a smart guy, but his ego kept getting in the way. He was in the clear after Gale's death, but then he told Hank that the real Heisenberg was still out there, which led to Hank digging around a little more and Walter eventually getting caught. He also easily fell for Jesse and Hank's scheme to lead them to where the money was buried because he was paranoid they were going to burn it.

Yeah, Heisenberg's ego was his downfall.

Josh_Alexander
I am also thinking of Wilson Fisk (Netflix). Using the FBI to his convenience is top shit as well as turning Poindexter.

relentless1
To start, I define a Kingpin as someone operating behind the scenes who rarely if ever personally gets involved in a physical encounter with the hero, he has a vast network of thugs and mercenaries to do his bidding and he almost always gets away unscathed, even if his immediate plan fails its all apart of a bigger scheme....

Wilson Fisk (Spider Man TAS)

that dude was into EVERything, he controlled NYC no ifs ands or buts

Dr Claw (OG cartoon)

as inept as he was he DID control the largest crime network on Earth, that counts for a lot, plus you never saw what he looked like which added to the mystery of it all... unless you bought the toy back in the 90s lol

Darth Sidious

dude controlled the galaxy long before the empire, had two factions war with each other, both of which he controlled and did it all under the Jedis noses

TheVaultDweller
Honourable mention to two good characters but awful kingpins. The Stokes duo from Luke Cage. Piss even family members off to the point of killing them and don't even see it coming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.