DCAU Superman vs MCU Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Round 1 no gauntlet

Round 2 with gauntlet

Takes place on Titan.

Darth Thor
Bit if an odd match up being animated vs live action. I would have gone for animated Thanos from the Silver Surfer series.

Surtur
A few feats for DCAU Supes:

-easily lifted an ocean liner with one hand
-HV strong enough to lobotomize Doomsday(Supes punches did jack shit to him)
-HV strong enough to pierce the skin of Darkseid(who also wasn't phased much by Supes own punches)
-Speed on the level of causal bullet timer at the very least. When he raced Flash it showed them on a map(they had GPS on them) and moving across thousands of miles in a few seconds and also easily running on water
-I posted a feat in another thread where Darkseid kills Dan Turpin and Supes freaks out and begins destroying a tank in a rage and the animation suggests his punches are shaking the entire city
-Superman reveals in all of these encounters he was holding back

I mean technically...he could try to swipe the gauntlet away at super speed.

playa1258
And that's without the feats from Justice League vs The Fatal Five

juggerman
Is this any animated Supes or a specific one? The animated series is a different continuity from the films and not all the films are within the same one either

playa1258
Just the DCAU.

juggerman
So to be clear this is Superman from the following - Superman TAS, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was getting the DC Animated Movie Universe confused with the DCAU

ShadowFyre
Clark wtf stomps round 1.

Round 2 just depends on how both opponents start the battle. Either could potentially one shot

John Murdoch
Clark does indeed smirk at Thanos while he beats him six ways from Sunday in Round 1.

Round 2 could go a few different ways:
- If Thanos jobs, Clark stomps.
- If Clark jobs, Thanos snaps and kills him.
- If both job, it just depends on who decides to be quicker off the trigger.
- If neither jobs, Clark blitzes him, takes the gauntlet, and beats Thanos down.

Surtur
Superman vs Captain Marvel:

6BJ1-trrgqc

Superman vs Darkseid in the final episode:

4GDNd8b_QOo

And okay yeah maybe this Superman is a dick too in the first video and kinda destroys a city meant for the less fortunate. Remember: he can just spin at super speed to get underground, but dude just starts off ripping apart the playground.

These things happen, price of doing business. Sometimes you gotta destroy a city to save it.

Anyways, one thing to notice is in the Captain Marvel fight at the end Cap looks roughed up and Superman doesn't even have a hair out of place. It's only until magic is used that anything is done to him and even then it's not enough. And Darkseid, even amped up, still had to resort to using a power that activates all pain receptors at the same time in order to win.

carthage
Clark escaped the gravitational pull of a black hole in season 3 when dealing with Jax and the female Krytonian as well

On top of shaking Metropolis with his punches against Darkseid. Thanos would struggle against Diana much less Clark

Thanos dies

carthage

Surtur
Thanos getting beaten by cartoons. Hilarious.

ShadowFyre
Cartoons have way better feats. DCAU superman would beay the shit out of dceu superman.

And that fight against Darkseid was kinda lame. Its enough to give him a solid majority over Thanos tho

Surtur
Superman legit destroyed that city though. Owned.

Captain Atom tries to fight him at one point too and gets punked in the end.

zc1sZUcrNO8

And again what happens at the end: Captain Atom looks all messed up and Superman has not even broken a sweat. Lol and the guy is running and smashing his head into walls cuz he tried to hit Superman and he avoided it.

Surtur
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Cartoons have way better feats. DCAU superman would beay the shit out of dceu superman.

And that fight against Darkseid was kinda lame. Its enough to give him a solid majority over Thanos tho

While this is a different version of animated Superman, this guy is also awesome:

oSfCC3mZ5jU

Has Batman ever made a super villain cry on live television? Lol.

Surtur
Here is DCAU Supes first real fight against Darkseid. This is after Darkseid brainwashed him into taking over planets and then trying to conquer Earth:

ZyILB1cVS7g

Okay well playback on other websites for the video is disabled so you gotta click it and go to youtube to watch.

Darth Thor
I remember it well.

Superman wins against bricks firing omega beams from their eyes.

Thanos is just a brick. But like I already said, not really fair comparing animated Superman to Live action Thanos.

And before someone says it Clone Wars is different because its canon to the movies.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I remember it well.

Superman wins against bricks firing omega beams from their eyes.

Thanos is just a brick. But like I already said, not really fair comparing animated Superman to Live action Thanos.

And before someone says it Clone Wars is different because its canon to the movies.

Why isn't it fair to match them up? Both have appeared in movies.

And from what I recall of the Surfer cartoon Thanos would still lose due to the speed and strength gap.

eThneoLgrRnae
Saying that Thanos would struggle against Diana is kinda retarded, tbh lol. She would be like an annoying gnat to him, nothing more. I'm amazed at how so many people put Diana at a much higher level than she deserves. Don't get me wrong, I really like WW but she is not Superman/kryptonian-level and she sure as Hell isn't Thanos-level.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
Why isn't it fair to match them up?

Just saying, too one sided.

Basically a spite thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.