Name your champion to defeat Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
You have to name a character that can certainly defeat Thanos 1 to 1 in each of the scenarios. They will replace the Avengers in the final battle of each movie and should be able to defeat Thanos.

R1: Thanos w Full IG (IW)
R2: Thanos with his Infinity Sword (EG)

Can a single character defeat Thanos or is he all mighty as some members of this board believe him to be?

Josh_Alexander
Here's my pick:

R1: Morgan All Mighty (Morgan Freeman in Bruce All Mighty)
R2: Nuclear Godzilla

BrolyBlack
Rd 1: Dr Manhattan
Rd 2: Superman

WolvesofBabylon
I agree with ones picked so far but to be different

1.Legion
2. Wanda

Adam Grimes
Superman should be able to take even IG Thanos with his speed but it's tricky, as he can always manage a lucky quick snap.

TheVaultDweller
There are a number of characters who could do it, to be honest. However, none of the characters in question are anyone's definition of weak. They're all very powerful beings.

But just to throw a random pair out there, Switch or her father from Legion. They're basically time gods (described as 4-dimensional entities) that exist simultaneously throughout all of time at once (yet also outside of time and space) when their powers reach full maturity. And they can seemingly freely move around to different points to manipulate events as they see fit, or even erase things altogether.

Flyattractor
Bugs Bunny

Darth Thor
R1: Q
R2: Superman

There are loads though. A lot less for R1 obviously.

And we already know as a fact Wanda takes R2.

Silent Master
Metro Man

ShadowFyre
Composite Mothra
Final Wars Godzilla

BruceSkywalker
Doctor Manhattan

Q
Kevin Uxbridge

Juk3n
I'd like to watch Superman have a go.

playa1258
Q
Reeve Superman

relentless1
JL Superman in both

steverules_2
Quan both rounds

NotAllThatEvil
Professor x.

Scarlet witch

Surtur
Originally posted by Juk3n
I'd like to watch Superman have a go.

I wouldn't, it would be boring. One second the two of them would be standing there and then a second later Thanos is dead and everybody is wondering what happened.

Supermans covered in blood, weeping...assuring us all he's upset cuz he killed and not cuz he forgot to savor the moment.

TheVaultDweller
Mr Nobody could also probably take Thanos in both rounds, being a walking plot-device character. Literally. He can invent plots on the go and force them onto reality around himself, such as a certain moment between a giant rat and a giant cockroach.

Flex Mentallo could also potentially beat him, depending on how he uses his powers. We know that among a large number of things, he can teleport people to other dimensions, so BFR might be an option.

carthage
Legion
Dark Phoenix
Shadow King

BruceSkywalker
HOM Wanda big grin big grin big grin

quanchi112
No one will beat Thanos.

/thread

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
No one will beat Thanos.

/thread

Why?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Why? Too skilled, too smart, too durable, too wise/bloodthirsty/and the best experience in the MCU of battle. In the most powerful fictional universe with warriors of 1,000 plus years of experience he stands atop the mountain.

playa1258
Star Trek is more powerful than the MCU due to Q and other super beings. Along with superior tech to the MCU.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Star Trek is more powerful than the MCU due to Q and other super beings. Along with superior tech to the MCU. Absurd. Thanos snaps them away. MCU has way more options, tech, versatility, magic, power to decimate Trek. Sorry it is not even close.

playa1258
Please the Krenim erase the entire MCU timeline.

quanchi112
Please the Krenim erase the entire MCU timeline. Thanos snaps away the entire universe. Get mad. You know I am right.

playa1258
Q puts Thanos in an unending time loop.

Lestov16
Will Smith Genie stomps. His powers are metaphysically extradiegetic (aka, Thanos needs the Time Gem to rewind time, whereas Will Smith can literally rewind the movie)

BrolyBlack
Why did you change your post?

Lestov16
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Why did you change your post?

I felt it was an answer Quan couldn't beat, not to mention I don't know if he watches Legion

quanchi112
Q puts Thanos in an unending time loop. Thanos has control over time.

playa1258
Which means nothing to Q.

Lestov16
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos has control over time.

Answer my post, fool! How is Thanos getting around Genie's extradiegetic powers?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Answer my post, fool! How is Thanos getting around Genie's extradiegetic powers? I have not seen the film. Your opinion has flip flopped infamously over the years. I bet you are exaggerating and ignoring the portrayal.

quanchi112
Which means nothing to Q. He can fix the time loop. I get it you are upset but logic dictates your notion is ridiculous. Even a noob with the time stone created a time loop. Small time in the MCU.

Darth Thor
Q would simply blink the gauntlet out of Thanos hands.

Only a the forum clown would make a serious argument against Q.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Q would simply blink the gauntlet out of Thanos hands.

Only a the forum clown would make a serious argument against Q. You can pretend the Q does so but come on. He does not have the experience of combat nor the reflexes to best Thanos. Thanos beats him. Only a forum cuck would say otherwise.

WolvesofBabylon
I agree with

Q
Legion
Dr Manhattan

beating Thanos w IG

Without
Superman
Wanda
Phoenix

TheVaultDweller
I don't know about Legion beating him with the IG. His state of mind seems to directly affect his limitations, so it would heavily depend on where David's head is at IMO. I think he'd have to be in give-no-shits, "Acts of God" mode from the get go to stand a chance against IG Thanos.

John Murdoch
I'd give X-Men Quicksilver the victory in both rounds, but for sure round two.

I'm willing to go with Neo or Jim Carrey's Mask in round two as well.

Agreed with everyone else's answers for the most part too.

Lestov16
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I don't know about Legion beating him with the IG. His state of mind seems to directly affect his limitations, so it would heavily depend on where David's head is at IMO. I think he'd have to be in give-no-shits, "Acts of God" mode from the get go to stand a chance against IG Thanos.

The thing with David is that he has the raw power to defeat Thanos, but his powers are not reflexive and his willpower is unstable, so he's somewhat of a glass cannon if he's not immediately focused.

TheVaultDweller
The thing with David is that he has the raw power to defeat Thanos, but his powers are not reflexive and his willpower is unstable, so he's somewhat of a glass cannon if he's not immediately focused.

Well, that's kind of what I mean. His "God" persona seems to be the most decisive when it comes to taking big action. Whenever he gets into that specific mindset, he is basically unstoppable. But his normal mindset is less so, and more unstable and erratic, hence why Farouk felt he could still beat David despite David having more raw power.

His durability is all over the place though. One episode, he gets shot from behind and killed (though they did need special gear to sneak past his psychic senses to get the drop on him). In another episode, he can catch a sword strike with his bare hand and snap the blade off or catch bullets in his hand without a scratch. But I suppose it could be a thing like the Chronicle kids, where he can maintain protection as long as he is actively focusing, but loses it when he isn't.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'd give X-Men Quicksilver the victory in both rounds, but for sure round two.

Hmm good one. He literally would take the gauntlet off Thanos before he can snap. Long before.

And then he can just give him super powered punches all day.

Lestov16
Well, that's kind of what I mean. His "God" persona seems to be the most decisive when it comes to taking big action. Whenever he gets into that specific mindset, he is basically unstoppable. But his normal mindset is less so, and more unstable and erratic, hence why Farouk felt he could still beat David despite David having more raw power.

His durability is all over the place though. One episode, he gets shot from behind and killed (though they did need special gear to sneak past his psychic senses to get the drop on him). In another episode, he can catch a sword strike with his bare hand and snap the blade off or catch bullets in his hand without a scratch. But I suppose it could be a thing like the Chronicle kids, where he can maintain protection as long as he is actively focusing, but loses it when he isn't.

Well, assuming that in this match he has no PIS, there should be nothing stopping him from going Alpha and Omega on Thanos. He should be able to teleport the Gauntlet right off of Thanos' arm.

TheVaultDweller
He should be able to teleport the Gauntlet right off of Thanos' arm.

That... That is actually a good point. He's shown himself capable of teleporting himself, others and even entire buildings (as well as everyone and everything inside) over vast distances, even all the way to space.

Darth Thor
Q can do the same. Obviously.

TheVaultDweller
I'm actually thinking of the potential of transmuting the gauntlet itself (not the Stones, but the actual glove). People like Legion have used that kind of thing on both living and inanimate objects, like turning guns into things like brooms, rubber ducks etc. or a pair of Vermillion and their motorcycles into glass and shattering them when he attacked the one convoy, or when he's used his literal handgun to turn people's heads to dust, to give some examples.

I know it was forged in Nidavellir but not totally sure out of exactly what and what its properties are.

Darth Thor
I mean unless the Guantlet or Stones have any feats of resisting teleportation, I dont really see the need to think they cant be teleported just as easily as anything else of similar size and weight.

They certainly have no issue travelling through portals.

Lestov16
I'm actually thinking of the potential of transmuting the gauntlet itself (not the Stones, but the actual glove). People like Legion have used that kind of thing on both living and inanimate objects, like turning guns into things like brooms, rubber ducks etc. or a pair of Vermillion and their motorcycles into glass and shattering them when he attacked the one convoy, or when he's used his literal handgun to turn people's heads to dust, to give some examples.

I know it was forged in Nidavellir but not totally sure out of exactly what and what its properties are.

Given how David could immolate the Time Demons, I think his powers could work on extradimensional/magical beings.

Honestly, I have my own theory as to how powerful Legion is, which is to say metaphysically extradiegetic, i.e. he gained the power to control the show itself, and the entire Legion universe is built to his whims, which is why he got what he wanted in the end. It's a crazy theory, but Legion is a crazy show.

TheVaultDweller
Given how David could immolate the Time Demons, I think his powers could work on extradimensional/magical beings.

Honestly, I have my own theory as to how powerful Legion is, which is to say metaphysically extradiegetic, i.e. he gained the power to control the show itself, and the entire Legion universe is built to his whims, which is why he got what he wanted in the end. It's a crazy theory, but Legion is a crazy show.

Well, I don't know about the entire show. However, Shadow King to Legion during their first proper face-to-face in S2, "Make a decision. You decide what is real and what is not. Your will. You are the creator of reality." Which is the same line that plays through his head when he busts out of the Time Corridor trap.

Lestov16
Well, I don't know about the entire show. However, Shadow King to Legion during their first proper face-to-face in S2, "Make a decision. You decide what is real and what is not. Your will. You are the creator of reality." Which is the same line that plays through his head when he busts out of the Time Corridor trap.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Not breaking the 4th-wall level, but right beneath it. Kind of like Pre-Retcon Beyonder, where his imagination and reality are essentially the same thing.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, that's what I mean. Not breaking the 4th-wall level, but right beneath it. Kind of like Pre-Retcon Beyonder, where his imagination and reality are essentially the same thing.

I was thinking about this, and there are actually small-scale examples of this kind of thing in season 3. Like the fact that his personal area inside his cottage (which appears to be way bigger on the inside than on the outside) is identical to the mental area inside his mind where Syd properly met Legion for the first time. As well as the fact that all the weird stuff happening when Switch was being guided to David in the first episode of season 3, with all the weird signs, directions, singing wardrobe people, that tunnel that was seemingly passing through different places all over the planet etc. was his doing in his convoluted way to stay off Division 3's radar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.