Statue of Liberty poem amended for immigration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/politics/ken-cuccinelli-statue-of-liberty/index.html

BrolyBlack
Seems reasonable. Europe, Australia, and New Zealand is home to the most progressive populous on the planet and they have the strictest immigration policy in the world. Yet they have the balls to question us.

Progressives are all about ammending the constitution to meet their needs, this is paltry compared to a constitutional ammendment.

BackFire
I don't think someone someone needing government assistance should automatically disqualify them from immigrating here. I think it should be based more on if they are going to work and make an effort to improve their situation more than anything, and if they need some assistance for a while, while they improve their situation then I don't think that should be a problem.

Robtard
"The acting director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services in a new interview revised the iconic poem on the Statue of Liberty's pedestal to suggest that only immigrants who can "stand on their own two feet" are welcome in the United States." -snip

Stay classy Team Trump

samhain
I'm looking forward to seeing the Trump administration add depth to the works of Yeats, Blake and Tennyson next.

Flyattractor
As long as No one WHITE is involved in the New Poem. Cause DIVERSITY!

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/13/politics/ken-cuccinelli-statue-of-liberty/index.html

It's no crazier than unhinged lunatics who think some stuff on a statue should dictate immigration policy. Actually wait, it's way way less crazier than that.

samhain
Originally posted by Surtur
It's no crazier than unhinged lunatics who think some stuff on a statue should dictate immigration policy. Actually wait, it's way way less crazier than that.

But if it doesn't dictate policy, then why the need for editing? Just let the poem stand as is in that case.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
But if it doesn't dictate policy, then why the need for editing? Just let the poem stand as is in that case.

Cuz moronic leftists keep talking about the damn poem. This didn't happen in a vacuum and it's not the first time they've pulled this "what about the poem on the statue" shit lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.