Most skilled combatant in movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Any 'verse, any time period, who, to you, is the most skilled combatant ever portrayed in film.

To narrow it down and not get too obscure, we'll keep it to Wester Cinema.
I think I'd put forward Hit Girl. I think, stats equalised, she'd take a majority against most others I can think of.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Juk3n
Any 'verse, any time period, who, to you, is the most skilled combatant ever portrayed in film.

To narrow it down and not get too obscure, we'll keep it to Wester Cinema.

I am placing my bets on Neo.

The lad was literally an expert in every combat style.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I am placing my bets on Neo.

The lad was literally an expert in every combat style.

I was gonna say Neo, but then I came to the conclusion that his stats and non combat powers saved him more than his actual skill. Rules of the Matrix didn't apply fairly across the board and he could take advantage of that.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Juk3n
I was gonna say Neo, but then I came to the conclusion that his stats and non combat powers saved him more than his actual skill. Rules of the Matrix didn't apply fairly across the board and he could take advantage of that.

Ofcourse.

But in this case, superpowers are left aside, he still has that knowledge left.

Considering that all characters are as strong, fast, agile, etc.

Galan007
Maybe not *the* best, but John Preston from Equilibrium is pretty damn untouchable.

FrothByte
Boyka comes to mind. For swordfights I'd say Achilles.

KingD19
Pai Mei from Kill Bill. Eastern character but it's a Tarantino film so he counts.

BrolyBlack

FrothByte
How many truly skilled opponents have Pai Mei and Alita tested themselves against?

carthage
Bane

BrolyBlack

Robtard
McClane

BrolyBlack
^laughing out loud

Old Rob is back, where has he been all this time?

Josh_Alexander
I was thinking of The Wife from Kill Bill.

ShadowFyre
Hit Girl and Alita would be a good fight everything equalized

Robtard
I was thinking of The Wife from Kill Bill.

Pfft

Impediment
NB4 Thanos.

quanchi112
Thanos.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
Pfft

The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart tecnique is OP dude.

ShadowFyre
This is such a tough category because several people here mistake flippy spinny stuff and acrobatics for skill.

It may require a lotta skill and practice to do a triple backflip headbutt kick but a skilled combatant would not waste the tine and energy on doing such a thing .

BrolyBlack
Alita stomps

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Alita is very impressive in terms of fighting skill.

It can be really hard to compare different characters though, because some have physical capabilities over others that will give them an advantage when performing certain techniques or moves.

A guy who I always thought seemed pretty skilled was Agent Whiskey from the 2nd Kingsman movie. He was doing a decent job of fighting both Harry and Eggsy at once, on top of his other feats against fodder and such, and the actual things he does in a lot of his fights at least look like they'd require quite a bit of skill to do:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111289255/6612911-9960863628-giphy.gif

Lestov16
Best peak human live action combatant? If we are talking live action, no super/metahumans, no amps, serums, or implants....

Ozymandias from Zach Snyder's Watchmen, IMO. He's the closest cinema has ever come to portraying an omnicompetent Ubermenschian human (peak of mental/physical conditioning). He's above all live-action Batmans, ninjas, superspies, and commandos. Even the great Jack Bauer, Adrian Veidt is truly the ultimate cinematic badass.

relentless1
Ip Man, dude was untouchable with skill alone and barely even got tested throughout his three films

but if you wanna limit it to just western films then ill say Bone from Blood n Bone, Michale Jai White cleaned HOUSE and wasn't ever really pushed by an opponent at all throughout the entire film

Juk3n
Originally posted by relentless1
Ip Man, dude was untouchable with skill alone and barely even got tested throughout his three films

but if you wanna limit it to just western films then ill say Bone from Blood n Bone, Michale Jai White cleaned HOUSE and wasn't ever really pushed by an opponent at all throughout the entire film

Non credentialed opponents in terms of feats though.

Id say Shaw Stathem from fast and furious would take him.

BrolyBlack
No one has the skills that Alita has.

Juk3n
Alright my guy damn, you win. 🤷🏽‍♂️ None of the humans mentioned thus far can beat the futuristic animated Cyborg created for combat and gifted a super exobody. Now if Alita was off the list who would you pick?

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by relentless1

thumb up Ip Man would certainly be a contender.

FrothByte
Question is, if we dropped Alita's stats to a regular human, would she still be just as impressively skilled?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Question is, if we dropped Alita's stats to a regular human, would she still be just as impressively skilled?

That's the thing, you have to drop their stats to human level for this thread to be fair.

relentless1
Id put Bone, Ip Man or Tony Jaa up against anyone else skill for skill and they'd take the MFs to the woodshed; all other human stats being equal of course

ShadowFyre
I vote Superman. He was able to kill thousands of people in seconds in his first fight ever. Now thats impressive.

FrothByte
That's the thing, you have to drop their stats to human level for this thread to be fair.

And that's why I'm iffy about putting Alita that high up there. Majority of the moves she pulled she was able to do due to her advanced cybernetics, especially once she had her berserker body.

Plus she never really went up against a skilled opponent. Mostly just thugs with high-tech gadgets. Not saying she's not skilled, just saying I wish we had more stuff to base her skill on.

Josh_Alexander
And that's why I'm iffy about putting Alita that high up there. Majority of the moves she pulled she was able to do due to her advanced cybernetics, especially once she had her berserker body.

Plus she never really went up against a skilled opponent. Mostly just thugs with high-tech gadgets. Not saying she's not skilled, just saying I wish we had more stuff to base her skill on.

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't put Alita there. Her abilities are way too enhanced by cybernetics.

Silent Master
SbI_04n3lLU

BrolyBlack

What a complete joke, I guess you didn't see the race ball scene. Name a single person mentioned here that could pull that off.

BrolyBlack

This thread says nothing about "humans only" quit trying to change the stips and OP because you don't like the way it's going for you.

relentless1
forgot about yuri, dudes a beast, still think Ips got him tho, only fight he was ever pushed was when he fought the boxer and only because they cheaped him out and disallowed his kicks, also the guy was way bigger lol but Ip still won relatively easy, hell Tyson didn't even really give him any trouble although that was just a sparring match

BrolyBlack

She didn't go up against any skilled opponentslaughing out loud

What a complete utter joke, she was in a universe of skilled opponents, and she went up against tons of highly skilled opponents at the same time and stomped them all out.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What a complete joke, I guess you didn't see the race ball scene. Name a single person mentioned here that could pull that off. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.