Mexico has one gun store and gun violence is reaching an epidemic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
La Times

Contrast that to Switzerland were everyone is required to own a gun and it has the lowest gun related homicide rate in the world.

Contrast Mexico to America, where America has 330,000,000 people and more than 300,000,000 guns and we have a lower gun related homicide death than Mexico per capita.

So I would like to know how banning guns solves the problem of gun violence.

cdtm
Answer his totally not cherry picked statistics from some NRA shilll. thumb up

Robtard
Cherry-picked-NRA-shill-stats aside, Mexico's gun problems come from our guns being shipped down South

cdtm
True. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Robtard
Cherry-picked-NRA-shill-stats aside, Mexico's gun problems come from our guns being shipped down South

LA times uses NRA stats? Since when?

BrolyBlack

And Brazil? And El Salvador?

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
And Brazil? And El Salvador?

Dude, you posted this story May of last year and nothing has changed:

Many firearms are acquired in the U.S. by women with no criminal history, who transfer their purchases to smugglers through relatives, boyfriends and acquaintances who then smuggle them to Mexico a few at a time. The most common smuggled firearms include AR-15 and AK-47 type rifles, and FN 5.7 caliber semi-automatic pistols. Many firearms are purchased in the United States in a semi-automatic configuration before being converted to fire as select fire machine guns. Mexico seized in 2009 a combined total of more than 4,400 firearms of the AK-47 and AR-15 type, and 30% of AK-47 type rifles seized have been modified to select fire weapons, effectively creating assault rifles. -snip

BrolyBlack

Robtard
That bit was just me teasing off what cdtm said.

jaden_2.0
Dude, you posted this story May of last year and nothing has changed:

Many firearms are acquired in the U.S. by women with no criminal history, who transfer their purchases to smugglers through relatives, boyfriends and acquaintances who then smuggle them to Mexico a few at a time. The most common smuggled firearms include AR-15 and AK-47 type rifles, and FN 5.7 caliber semi-automatic pistols. Many firearms are purchased in the United States in a semi-automatic configuration before being converted to fire as select fire machine guns. Mexico seized in 2009 a combined total of more than 4,400 firearms of the AK-47 and AR-15 type, and 30% of AK-47 type rifles seized have been modified to select fire weapons, effectively creating assault rifles. -snip

So better gun regulation in the US could result in less gun violence in Mexico which would result in Mexico being less of a shithole which would mean less Mexicans would want to go to the US which would lessen illegal immigration.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
So better gun regulation in the US could result in less gun violence in Mexico which would result in Mexico being less of a shithole which would mean less Mexicans would want to go to the US which would lessen illegal immigration.

Bingo.

iirc, numbers show that when Mexico does better for itself, less people want to leave. Go figure.

Silent Master
So the claim is that 100% of illegal firearms in Mexico are from the US?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Silent Master

That gun store would be out of business if that were the case.

Surtur
So what gun regulations would stop guns from going to Mexico?

BrolyBlack
Good question

Silent Master
That gun store would be out of business if that were the case.

So, if the US isn't the only source of illegal guns. what is to stop the other importers from just increasing their shipments if increased regulation in the US results in fewer US guns being shipped?

cdtm
That bit was just me teasing off what cdtm said.

And I figured that's probably where they got their "pro gun" stats from.

Even Liberal sources have to get them from somewhere, and NRA shills are the most likely source.

Robtard

"Many" is not the same as "all", you silly closet-Trumper

shiv

Accurate.

jaden_2.0
So, if the US isn't the only source of illegal guns. what is to stop the other importers from just increasing their shipments if increased regulation in the US results in fewer US guns being shipped?

Because getting guns from China and Russia, which mostly go through the US anyway, is much more difficult and costly.

And the guns they get from South America...are almost all US guns.

Robtard
He served in the military, yet somehow can't grasp logistics

Surtur
So what regulations will stop guns from flowing into Mexico from the USA?

Robtard
70% of guns in Mexico originated in the US apparently.

That would be a "majority" of their guns.

Surtur
70% of guns in Mexico originated in the US apparently.

That would be a "majority" of their guns.

^Why did you make these statements?

Robtard
Cos it's topical

Silent Master
Because getting guns from China and Russia, which mostly go through the US anyway, is much more difficult and costly.

And the guns they get from South America...are almost all US guns.

Do you have a source for any of this?

Surtur
Cos it's topical

Okay, so what regulations could we set up to reduce those numbers?

Silent Master
We should just stop selling weapons to the Mexican military and police. that would certainly make a dent.

Surtur
We should just stop selling weapons to the Mexican military and police. that would certainly make a dent.

That's a good idea, but this also seems to show that Mexico is more of a shithole due to the incessant corruption than because of anything the USA did.

Flyattractor
The U.S should do all it can to Protect the Mexicans from Harming Themselves.

https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--tTDNg_cU--/t_Preview/b_rgb:191919,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1484689171/production/designs/1118162_1.jpg

dadudemon
The wall is useless.

Strict gun laws increased homicides in Japan and Australia.

Russia has far stricter gun laws than the US but has a much higher homicide rate.

Gun laws and intentional homicides are not correlated. No amount of pseudoscience studies will change this.

roughrider
People should differentiate between guns and assault weapons. If you want a gun for home defense, that's one thing. But no one outside the police, military, special forces etc. should have access to automatic weapons. You need an assault weapon to hunt deer? I don't think so.

Silent Master
Automatic weapons are already restricted.

eThneoLgrRnae
@rough rider: There is really no such thing as an "assault weapon." At least not for civilians. Civilians don't have access to automatic weapons if those're what you're referring to. "Assault weapons" is a term made-up by the ignorant, anti-gun hysteria left. Any item you use to assault someone with could technically be called an "assault weapon" including but not limited to knives, cars, baseball bats, bricks, etc...

AR-15 does not stand for "assault rifle" either as many dumb lefties think. AR-15's are not "weapons-of-war" as Hillary deceptively called them. Any military would be nuts to go to war with it soldiers armed with nothing but AR-15's when the other side would have real weapons-of-war (fully automatic weapons).

BrolyBlack

Flyattractor
Originally posted by dadudemon
The wall is useless.

Strict gun laws increased homicides in Japan and Australia.

Russia has far stricter gun laws than the US but has a much higher homicide rate.

Gun laws and intentional homicides are not correlated. No amount of pseudoscience studies will change this.

IT hasn't been Built Yet. There for it Can't be useless.

Always love the Back and Forth Love Affair the Love has with "The Science"

And one should really ask.... Is it Legal to carry any kind of firearm from the U.S to Mexico? I mean I hear Mexico has Laws against it...SO How is is it possible to get guns from here to there?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
IT hasn't been Built Yet. There for it Can't be useless.

Walls exist already. Efficacy is terrible.

Checkmate.

Flyattractor
Real question is Why the Mexicans Gotta Kill each Other SO much?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Real question is Why the Mexicans Gotta Kill each Other SO much?

Same reason black people do?

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, I can't help but to always laugh a little and roll my eyes when I hear some anti-Trumper claiming the wall will be "useless." It's ludicrous to think that walls don't work. Tell that to Israel. Tell it to the Pope who is protected by the vatican's walls. Tell it to the Ming Dynasty (if any of those people were still alive that is) who built the Great Wall of China. There are many other examples; and don't give me that BS that those examples are all different than ours at the border. They really aren't.

Would it completely stop illegal immigration and drugs being smuggled into the country? No, nothing could accomplish that. However, it will drastically cut down on both. That's a fact.

roughrider
Automatic weapons are already restricted.

Then where are these loonies who go on their mass murder sprees getting the automatic weapons? Several times the story is repeated that they were bought legally. So how are they restricted again? Are you saying they were all done with single pump action shotguns and handguns, or something that mows down a crowd faster?

roughrider
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, I can't help but to always laugh a little and roll my eyes when I hear some anti-Trumper claiming the wall will be "useless." It's ludicrous to think that walls don't work.

We don't live in medieval times anymore. If the wall ever actually gets built the way Trump claims it will, it will go down as another colossal waste of government money up there with prohibition and the war on drugs.

Wonder Man
I like Flamethrowers.

Silent Master
Originally posted by roughrider
Then where are these loonies who go on their mass murder sprees getting the automatic weapons? Several times the story is repeated that they were bought legally. So how are they restricted again? Are you saying they were all done with single pump action shotguns and handguns, or something that mows down a crowd faster?

They're not using automatic weapons.

cdtm
You can't even buy automatics.

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
You can't even buy automatics.

You can get a license to operate and own automatic weapons (there are specific requirements though) as well as silencers. That said the weapon of choice for most these attacks is the AR-15 semi-auto rifle that has "high" capacity magazines.

Wonder Man
You would still need a sharpner.
There fore the gun problem is worth it to us to save Japan.

eThneoLgrRnae
We don't live in medieval times anymore. If the wall ever actually gets built the way Trump claims it will, it will go down as another colossal waste of government money up there with prohibition and the war on drugs.

Walls work. Period. And , no offense, but you aren't even american are you? If not, then your opinion on the wall getting built is irrelevant.thumb up

I'm so f***ing sick of "know-it-all" foreigners lecturing us americans on how we should or shouldn't do things or who we should or shouldn't vote for. Frankly, we don't care what you all think; especially not those of you who eschew nationalism in favor of globalism.

BUILD THAT WALL.

dadudemon

Wonder Man
The reason the wall is wrong is because The Chinease wall.
That President Donald Trump pretended a Russia issue to cover up he is in bed with China needed to be known.

roughrider
They're not using automatic weapons.

The Las Vegas shooter in 2017 used weapons that were comparable to automatic weapons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting

roughrider
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Walls work. Period. And , no offense, but you aren't even american are you? If not, then your opinion on the wall getting built is irrelevant.thumb up

I'm so f***ing sick of "know-it-all" foreigners lecturing us americans on how we should or shouldn't do things or who we should or shouldn't vote for. Frankly, we don't care what you all think; especially not those of you who eschew nationalism in favor of globalism.

BUILD THAT WALL.

It's your money. Yes it is - Mexico isn't paying for it, right? stick out tongue

Nice campaign promise to fall for.

Surtur
The Las Vegas shooter in 2017 used weapons that were comparable to automatic weapons.

He used a bump stock.

Silent Master

So you admit that these shooters haven't been using automatic weapons like you claimed?

BrolyBlack

cdtm
Look at the troll! What did RR do, poke holes in the dilapidated, run down shack you call logic?

quanchi112
Look at the troll! What did RR do, poke holes in the dilapidated, run down shack you call logic? Quit trolling and stick to the topic.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit trolling and stick to the topic.

Because your butt buddies rampant trolling of other posters is perfectly on topic.

Silent Master
Look at the troll! What did RR do, poke holes in the dilapidated, run down shack you call logic?

No, he claimed these shooters used automatic weapons, which isn't true. which means he either lied or has no clue what he's talking about.

quanchi112
Because your butt buddies rampant trolling of other posters is perfectly on topic. We stick to the topic and take jabs. You just show up to troll.

cdtm
We stick to the topic and take jabs. You just show up to troll.

Accusing someone of pedi-bear inclinations is s little more then a "jab"..

Surtur
wait there are bear pedophiles

nooooo!

BrolyBlack
No, he claimed these shooters used automatic weapons, which isn't true. which means he either lied or has no clue what he's talking about.

CTDM is stupid AF and likes liars as he’s one himself, what else can you expect.

BrolyBlack

cdtm

I don't really care about the debate, it's the unnecessary, uncalled for, over the top insult I'm after him for.

There's a line here, and Broly not only crosses it regularly, but doesn't seem aware a line exists.

quanchi112
Accusing someone of pedi-bear inclinations is s little more then a "jab".. You need to man up and just log out if you cannot roll with the punches.

Silent Master
You asked what RR did, I was answering that question.

quanchi112
I don't really care about the debate, it's the unnecessary, uncalled for, over the top insult I'm after him for.

There's a line here, and Broly not only crosses it regularly, but doesn't seem aware a line exists. So you admit you do not care about the debate so leave. Trolls like you cry wolf too often. Just hang out in the oft where you are not worried about a debate.

cdtm
You asked what RR did, I was answering that question.

Fair enough. And thanks.

Silent Master
You're welcome

quanchi112
Fair enough. And thanks.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/

Post here. No debating so you do not have to worry about it. Yw.

BrolyBlack

Post here. No debating so you do not have to worry it. Yw.

He never debates anything, hes afraid.

BrolyBlack

There's a line here, and Broly not only crosses it regularly, but doesn't seem aware a line exists.

If there is a line here, then you obviously dont know where it is either, because your a blatant hypocritical lying troll.

It wasn't an insult, are you only this stupid when I am around? He generally posts in a thread called "underage boys seduced by older women." If you had any intelligence you would know that there has never been a mass shooting with automatic weapons and he had no clue what he was talking about, kinda like you on a regular basis.

quanchi112
He never debates anything, hes afraid. Spikes his stress.

cdtm

Post here. No debating so you do not have to worry about it. Yw.

Lol, not falling for your logout trap. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Lol, not falling for your logout trap. stick out tongue Just do not pretend to debate from here on out.

Wonder Man
You wanna know a paradox?
MeHeco. And the attempt of white man to retain power over women.
Come on people lets start to listen.
What are we to become? A nation that trivializes women into silence for the company of men or will we address the MANCOMPANY and hear from the women of the world.

cdtm
Just do not pretend to debate from here on out.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for being too damned strong. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Darwins rule of thumb: Strong people usually aint bitching about their health all the time.

cdtm
Again, ignored. What part doesn't he understand?

BrolyBlack
If you were actually ignoring me then how do you know I am speaking to you? What part of that don't you understand?

cdtm
Still on ignore.

BrolyBlack
Nah Im not on ignore, because you knew I responded to you on the last page, loser

eThneoLgrRnae
Darwins rule of thumb: Strong people usually aint bitching about their health all the time.

Well what do ya know. Darwin actually said something smart, for once lol.

quanchi112
I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for being too damned strong. thumb up You need to just leave it to the tough guys like me.

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif https://media3.giphy.com/media/xThuVZDm1soAsMDhqE/giphy.gif

Surtur
https://media.giphy.com/media/v1O9ryEpDPwIw/giphy.gif

quanchi112
https://media1.giphy.com/media/Vu5exZjzxGWLm/giphy.gif

Wonder Man
The wonderful thing about the melting pot is that the fashion melts into medals of honor.
Remember what ever your problem is Americans are here today to make it work for you. Whether it is at home or abroad accept the olive branch.

Surtur
Originally posted by Wonder Man
The wonderful thing about the melting pot is that the fashion melts into medals of honor.
Remember what ever your problem is Americans are here today to make it work for you. Whether it is at home or abroad accept the olive branch.

wut drugs u on

Wonder Man
The acention of man to God.

Surtur
I've heard some crazy nicknames for bath salts, but none that crazy thumb up

Wonder Man
https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/carpenter_ants_nesting_in_trees_and_homes
Carp enter

mike brown
There's no way to say exactly what would solve Mexico's problems with gun violence

But given that we are the major exporter of guns used by Mexican and other Central and South American cartels, this thread is stupid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.