What kind of tv do you currently have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
I just purchased one because my Samsung has one imperfect solid line down the left of center barely even noticeable. That is the kind of guy I am. Anyways which brand, model, and size?

Impediment
Samsung 4K UHD curved 55".

jaden_2.0
Sony Bravia KD-55X8509C

Robtard
It's a Samsung 60", LED 4K Ultra or something like that. I forget.

BrolyBlack

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
Samsung 4K UHD curved 55". That is the one that just broke. I still have it as a backup. Just one line but it is so small you have to look for it but once I knew where it was I knew I had to get a new tv.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Sony Bravia KD-55X8509C

sony bravia tv x950g 55 inch. The bigger ones I do not want to get because I will not be able to go back. 55 inch works for me.

BackFire
Sony Bravia X900E, 49". Great picture quality the smart interface is kinda blah and slow, but I just use my Xbox for that anyways so no biggie.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by quanchi112
sony bravia tv x950g 55 inch. The bigger ones I do not want to get because I will not be able to go back. 55 inch works for me.

55 is the right size for the room I use it in. Probably won't go bigger unless I move house. Got the 49 version in a different room. Never had any issues. It's 4 years old now so might upgrade next year.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BackFire
Sony Bravia X900E, 49". Great picture quality the smart interface is kinda blah and slow, but I just use my Xbox for that anyways so no biggie. I was looking at the new lgs OLED and the Samsung QLED but burn out occurs on the OLED. QLED is too bright whereas they said Bravia goes for a more realistic image plus the price was more reasonable. I notice this is much better than my old Samsung. I am not going to get a new one every year unless it malfunctioned. Not that guy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
55 is the right size for the room I use it in. Probably won't go bigger unless I move house. Got the 49 version in a different room. Never had any issues. It's 4 years old now so might upgrade next year. Me too this living room could not handle a 65 inch behemoth. Before the Samsung I had a 40 inch and never cared but once you go bigger it is hard to go back.

Impediment
My TV is still in pristine shape, but I've seen those new 8K screens and my eyes wanted to ejaculate.

quanchi112
My TV is still in pristine shape, but I've seen those new 8K screens and my eyes wanted to ejaculate. How old is it?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
It's a Samsung 60", LED 4K Ultra or something like that. I forget.

I have something like that in the living room and then like 4 other older 55 inches spread across rooms and a 32 inch in the kitchen, it's ridiculous.......it's like a fricken movie theatre with different movies playing across the house at times, families eek!

Stringer

BrolyBlack
indeed

quanchi112
My iPad Pro cost the same as the tv.

Impediment
Originally posted by quanchi112
How old is it?

quanchi112
2015. Mine is fine save for that line. I think I know what stressed it. I watched EG from every conceivable major character in every scene. I would start every scene over watching from all the characters in every scene until the scene ended. The funeral scene and quantum suit avengers scenes were a nightmare along with the mega battle at the end. Took over 14 hours.

cdtm
A top notch Costco TV, no expense spared for cutting edge 720p.

Going on at least 10 years old now. Main reason I keep it, is because 480p consoles look about as good as the cheap assed CRT they used to be hooked up to, without taking up the space.

Bashar Teg
50" panasonic 720 plasma
42" panasonic 480 in the bedroom (bought in 2006 at the discount price of $1300)

If one dies, I'll get a new one, but I don't think that's ever gonna happen

BackFire
To be honest 4k is not really worth it. The difference between 1080p and 4k is not as stark as I thought it would be. Quality HDR is much more important for picture quality.

BrolyBlack
HDR + is all that is. Its so good.

eThneoLgrRnae
Not really any of your business, quanni, but if you must know it's a really big (around 62", I believe) plasma high-definition tv. You don't need to know the brand.

NemeBro
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Not really any of your business, quanni, but if you must know it's a really big (around 62", I believe) plasma high-definition tv. You don't need to know the brand. Why the hostility towards a thread that doesn't seem to be directed towards you specifically?

Anyway, this is my current personal TV:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4FQB8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

samhain
Still got my 55-inch Sony something-or-other that I've had about 6 years now, but I bought a projector about 18 months ago and I use that around half the time.

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
To be honest 4k is not really worth it. The difference between 1080p and 4k is not as stark as I thought it would be. Quality HDR is much more important for picture quality.

Does 4k programming even exist? Or is it all on dvd's?

We do have a 4k capable TV, running hd cable, and I think the higher def TV makes the 720p signals look even worse then it does on a 720p/1080p tv. Kind of like how 480p signals look washed out on hd sets.

BackFire
Originally posted by cdtm
Does 4k programming even exist? Or is it all on dvd's?

We do have a 4k capable TV, running hd cable, and I think the higher def TV makes the 720p signals look even worse then it does on a 720p/1080p tv. Kind of like how 480p signals look washed out on hd sets.

It exists on streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Vudu and 4k blurays. Over the air cable and what not doesn't have 4k content yet as far as I know, and if they do there are very few.

CroftAlice
Horizon full HD 32" LED TV

roughrider
A 2011 46" Sony Bravia 3D TV. I'm keeping it as long as it works because I want the 3D option.

quanchi112
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Not really any of your business, quanni, but if you must know it's a really big (around 62", I believe) plasma high-definition tv. You don't need to know the brand. So you are even so awkward and weird even referring to your own tv terrifies you.

cdtm
Originally posted by roughrider
A 2011 46" Sony Bravia 3D TV. I'm keeping it as long as it works because I want the 3D option.

I sure would, much as those things cost, and the fact they'll be pretty hard to find since I don't think they're even making them anymore.

Like Plasma TV's.

dadudemon
Master Bedroom has a 55"4K Vizio

Living room has a 65" 4K HDR Visio

The TV in the living room is in preparation for PS5 and Xbox Next. I'll game with some people as my career settles down.

Currently, I don't use either.

I use the two 32" FHD monitors in my home office which also has 5.1 surround sound and causes minor earth quakes. Other people use the TVs. Some lazy Saturday afternoons, I'll watch Netflix in bed.

I don't spend money on anything. Nothing. I don't have cable, a fancy cellphone plan, just a Netflix subscription, don't drink, don't gamble, and I don't have time for vacations. But I spend a bit on electronics. And I game on the weekends.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Master Bedroom has a 55"4K Vizio

This is what I have in my living room.

Yeah I got rid of cable a long time ago. I also got rid of my house phone, so I just have a cell. For tv I just have netflix and hulu that I pay for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.