Smartest Villain in Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
Which villain is to you, the smartest, most cunning, and best strategist?

Josh_Alexander
I'd nominate Chancellor Palpatine.

Eon Blue
Thanos is by far the greatest mind in cinema.

Palpatine was a silly little joke of a man in a dress. She was really a gurl.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Thanos is by far the greatest mind in cinema.

Palpatine was a silly little joke of a man in a dress. She was really a gurl.

Naah, Thanos failed several times in his quest for the Infinity Stones.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Naah, Thanos failed several times in his quest for the Infinity Stones.

Then why did Palpatine get thrown down a chimney chute whilst wearing a cookie dress.

quanchi112
Thanos by far. Darth Sidious in terms of scale only looked to dominate the galaxy whereas Thanos set his sights up by imposing his will against the universe.

Josh_Alexander
Then why did Palpatine get thrown down a chimney chute whilst wearing a cookie dress.

Sidious was betrayed just once, Thanos was double-crossed several times.

Palpatine is trully superior.

quanchi112
Sidious was betrayed just once, Thanos was double-crossed several times.

Palpatine is trully superior. Sidious was killed by his betrayer Thanos was not. Do you not grasp the obvious failure in your logic?

ShadowFyre
Stripe from Gremlins.

NotAllThatEvil
Thanos was an idiot who who's entire plan be picked apart by a twelve year old. If you want to argue he's the strongest or most effective, fine, but he is most definitely not the smartest

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Thanos was an idiot who who's entire plan be picked apart by a twelve year old. If you want to argue he's the strongest or most effective, fine, but he is most definitely not the smartest So you ignore how successful he was and what opposition was against him. A 12 year old cannot obtain all the infinity stones. Intelligence goes hand in hand with realizing your goals. Universal goal was achieved. You can pretend he was not smart but that makes you come across trumpian in your denial of reality.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sidious was killed by his betrayer Thanos was not. Do you not grasp the obvious failure in your logic?

Naah, Thanos failed multiple times, Sidious failed only once.

quanchi112
Naah, Thanos failed multiple times, Sidious failed only once. Thanos won. He achieved his mission. Sidious failed against Windu. He failed against Vader. What is worse he risked the empire over acquiring Luke which he once again failed again. What is worse is that Vader originally convinced him to not kill Luke and instead work to turn him.

Josh_Alexander
Thanos won. He achieved his mission. Sidious failed against Windu. He failed against Vader. What is worse he risked the empire over acquiring Luke which he once again failed again. What is worse is that Vader originally convinced him to not kill Luke and instead work to turn him.

No he didn't. He and his forces were wiped out of existence.

You are delusional.

Thanos' planet died, Gamora betrayed him, Nebula betrayed him, Ronan betrayed him, his trust on Loki was misfounded.

Thanos is inferior to Sidious in terms of success.

Juk3n
Thanos had the benefit of foresight via Nebula memory and still shit the bed in the end.

BUT. he accomplished it on his first try and survived.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Juk3n
Thanos had the benefit of foresight via Nebula memory and still shit the bed in the end.

BUT. he accomplished it on his first try and survived.

Thanos didn't accomplished on his first. That wasn't the first time he attempted to sieze the stones.

He initially planned to send heralds to do it for him, yet failed.

Also, Thanos had the luck that the Avengers were devided and many of the heaviest hitters gone.

playa1258
Lex from BVS. Helped crash an entire cinematic universe which enabled the long time arch enemy to gain what seems like an insurmountable advantage.

Thanos only took out half a universe and then was shit on twice within a 5 year period. Lex crashed an entire cinematic universe for 3 years already and he is not even done yet.

Thanos is C team at best.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
*e

dadudemon
There is a good case for Thanos due there being over 14 million ways he won. That's a lot of ways.

I'm unsure if anyone else, from the big screen, comes anywhere close to this effective. He was effective in pretty much all possibly scenarios except one where it was still a partial loss.

But the math, Thanos is by far the most effective at his plan execution. He is inevitable. It's hard to argue against it.

Ozymandias bested a god who had godlike powers, however. He can be a distant second.

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack
Its in your heart, you are a fair weather fan, The Tribunal is ashamed of you.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Its in your heart, you are a fair weather fan, The Tribunal is ashamed of you.

The Tribunal is fair, something you are akin of, DC fanboy.

BrolyBlack
I remember when you called me a MCU fanboy laughing out loud

You have no credibility, and you have never read a single Marvel comicthumb up

Josh_Alexander
I remember when you called me a MCU fanboy laughing out loud

You have no credibility, and you have never read a single Marvel comicthumb up

Can't you be a fan of both franchises?

Your IQ is incredibly low.

BrolyBlack
DC fanboy means you are biased against Marvel, and Marvel fanboy means you are biased against DC.

So no you cant be both, you low IQ stooge.

Eon Blue
DC fanboy means you are biased against Marvel, and Marvel fanboy means you are biased against DC.

thumb up

relentless1
Sidious has my vote, dude was ahead of the game until the very end, took six movies to take him down an half that time his enemies didn't even know he existed

Although a huge nod has to got to Adrian Veidt because his plan actually succeeded with no apparent blow back

Josh_Alexander

Fanboy definition - Merriam Webster Dictionary

You have the IQ of an ape.

thumb up

Poor bot, just as stupid as his masters.

Eon Blue
^ and you are an ape.

Thanos still reigns supreme against Palapatine aka, Shem.

Lestov16
Adrian Veidt. Dude built a tachyon generator and outsmarted his Universe's embodiment of God.

quanchi112
No he didn't. He and his forces were wiped out of existence.

You are delusional.

Thanos' planet died, Gamora betrayed him, Nebula betrayed him, Ronan betrayed him, his trust on Loki was misfounded.

Thanos is inferior to Sidious in terms of success. IW. That occurred first.

No, Sidious had his most trusted apprentice betray him but that is fine since betrayal happens. He was killed by it. Thanos correctly knew Gamora would lie to him but he played her to lure her into a trap of torturing his other daughter to lead him to the soul stone. That is called turning a frown upside down. Sidious died as a result.

Thanos was unable to convince Titan hence he imposed his will from there on out. That experience was vital in becoming who he is with the will to enforce his will not only on the planet but the universe.

Universe>galaxy.

Josh_Alexander
^ and you are an ape.

Thanos still reigns supreme against Palapatine aka, Shem.

Concession accepted, low IQ being.

More lies.

Josh_Alexander
IW. That occurred first.

No, Sidious had his most trusted apprentice betray him but that is fine since betrayal happens. He was killed by it. Thanos correctly knew Gamora would lie to him but he played her to lure her into a trap of torturing his other daughter to lead him to the soul stone. That is called turning a frown upside down. Sidious died as a result.

Thanos was unable to convince Titan hence he imposed his will from there on out. That experience was vital in becoming who he is with the will to enforce his will not only on the planet but the universe.

Universe>galaxy.

Thanos still lost more times. Palpatine is more efficient.

Thanos loses, again..

BrolyBlack
^Take Thanos out your sig, you are not worthy.

Josh_Alexander
^Take Thanos out your sig, you are not worthy.

Your brain is too inferior to tell me what to do.

BrolyBlack
You dont have a brain, hence why you cant win any debate or Bzlaughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
You dont have a brain, hence why you cant win any debate or Bzlaughing out loud

If that were to be the case, then where would that leave you?

In the end, it's evident you are inferior to me.

BrolyBlack
You lost your BZ 3-0laughing out loud

Nib destroyed you

quanchi112
Thanos still lost more times. Palpatine is more efficient.

Thanos loses, again.. Thanos won. Sidious lost to Windu, lost in converting Luke, failed to kill yoda, failed to kill all Jedi. He lost to the rebels by a move he put into play that left his forces vulnerable. He clearly had forces at his disposal that dwarfed the rebels might. How is he more efficient?

You basically just typed baseless claims showing an intelligence so small one wonders how you remember your way back on here.

quanchi112
Your brain is too inferior to tell me what to do. Change your sig you Sidious cuck.

ShadowFyre
The velociraptor from JP that turned the doorknob

WolvesofBabylon
The Architect from the Matrix

BrolyBlack
Change your sig you Sidious cuck.

He likes cucks

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
The Architect from the Matrix

Why?

Josh_Alexander
Change your sig you Sidious cuck.

You are pathetic.

He likes cucks

Liar.

Silent Master
Megamind

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Cuck Worshiper

Truth.

thumb up

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Silent Master
Megamind

Uhh nice proposal.

I was thinking of Hans Landa too

Josh_Alexander
thumb up

Altering quotes once again huh? Then you wonder why no one takes you seriously arround here.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Clown_Shoes
Altering quotes once again huh? Then you wonder why no one takes you seriously arround here.

*around

Ironic coming from the guy nobody takes seriouslylaughing out loud

quanchi112
You are pathetic.

Liar. You failed to address my points and are a disgrace to a Thanos fans. Not on my watch.

quanchi112
*around

Ironic coming from the guy nobody takes seriouslylaughing out loud If he does not remove the sig soon I will have him banned.

BrolyBlack
He should have been banned a long time ago

quanchi112
He should have been banned a long time ago He needs to tread carefully.

Josh_Alexander
*around

Ironic coming from the guy nobody takes seriouslylaughing out loud

Many people take me seriously. You are funny.

He should have been banned a long time ago

They'd ban you before they even think of banning me.

Josh_Alexander
You failed to address my points and are a disgrace to a Thanos fans. Not on my watch.

I did. Read again.

quanchi112
I did. Read again. You never responded to my response. Josh, are you this inept or just intentionally lying?

Thanos won. Sidious lost to Windu, lost in converting Luke, failed to kill yoda, failed to kill all Jedi. He lost to the rebels by a move he put into play that left his forces vulnerable. He clearly had forces at his disposal that dwarfed the rebels might. How is he more efficient?

You basically just typed baseless claims showing an intelligence so small one wonders how you remember your way back on here.

ares834
Thanos was a ****in dumb ass. His "plan" was doomed to fail right from the start. He spends years (likely decades) concocting this "plan" that anyone with half a brain would have realized would fail.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Thanos was a ****in dumb ass. His "plan" was doomed to fail right from the start. He spends years (likely decades) concocting this "plan" that anyone with half a brain would have realized would fail. He succeeded. You say this as an audience member but looking at his success and what he was up against it is not close. He prevailed in over 14 million scenarios with time travel and the most super powered combination of super heroes ever on one battlefield. This moment was unlike any ever seen in cinema.

Sidious was up against dogshit compared to the forces aligned against Thanos. The rebels were a joke. MCU is the most powerful fictional universe to ever exist so just stop.

ares834
He didn't succeed. It was undone a few years later, but even if it wasn't his plan would have still failed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
He didn't succeed. It was undone a few years later, but even if it wasn't his plan would have still failed. He did succeed. He eliminated half of life. His impact is known universally. The ramifications caused those left behind to grieve their losses and age 5 years. Now some younger siblings are older now. Gamora is taken via the soul stone. Vision is still dead. Loki gone. Heimdall dead.

Look we get it you are jealous but nothing like Thanos has ever hit any fictional universe before. Star Wars does not hold a candle to the type of storytelling a 22 film arc. Universal goal achieved. He won. It was rammed down our throats in EG. You maybe upset over it but you cannot change the past.

Josh_Alexander
You never responded to my response. Josh, are you this inept or just intentionally lying?

Sidious intentionally lost to Windu in order to doom Anakin into falling to the Dark Side.

Thanos was double crossed SEVERAL TIMES.

Thanos plan only last 5 years, whilst Palpatine's Empire lasted decades.

You are naive, boy.

quanchi112
Sidious intentionally lost to Windu in order to doom Anakin into falling to the Dark Side.

Thanos was double crossed SEVERAL TIMES.

Thanos plan only last 5 years, whilst Palpatine's Empire lasted decades.

You are naive, boy. That is conjecture. GL stated Windu overpowered him. You are confusing Sidious feigning weakness to better help the situation he found himself in. Saberless and unable to hit Windu he had to manipulate Anakin to help him.

So was Sidious. Vader. Vader killed him whereas Thanos manipulated those who betrayed him to help him achieve his goals. Being betrayed has nothing to do with intelligence you moron.

Thanos imposes his will on a universe not some puny galaxy.

You are wrong as ever.

WolvesofBabylon
Thanos plan was stupid. After he snaps he then destroys the stones. Doesnt he realize population will increase again causing the same problem.

If you wiped out half of earth's population it would put us at 1970 levels and we were draining resources then.

quanchi112
Thanos plan was stupid. After he snaps he then destroys the stones. Doesnt he realize population will increase again causing the same problem.

If you wiped out half of earth's population it would put us at 1970 levels and we were draining resources then. He was just balancing the equation. That is all he wanted. Your criticisms are so crybabyish it makes me chuckle. It is like saying if you solve world hunger rn it will not save the world a hundred years from now. Just save yourself the criticism. To achieve a goal that was universal in scope is the single greatest achievement in the history of cinema.

Kazenji
The Joker from The Dark Knight.

WolvesofBabylon
He was just balancing the equation. That is all he wanted. Your criticisms are so crybabyish it makes me chuckle. It is like saying if you solve world hunger rn it will not save the world a hundred years from now. Just save yourself the criticism. To achieve a goal that was universal in scope is the single greatest achievement in the history of cinema.

The Avengers winning was a bigger achievement. 1 in 14 million odds. That's insane. Thanos is like when the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead vs the Cavs in the finals.

TheVaultDweller
Surprised no one has mentioned Moriarty from the Sherlock films. Both he and Sherlock were so clever they could basically predict near future events (like how fights would go) by working out probabilities in their heads.

Josh_Alexander

If you wiped out half of earth's population it would put us at 1970 levels and we were draining resources then.

thumb up

Thanos' plan was intended to fail from the beginning. His quest was foolish as is Quan.

Josh_Alexander
That is conjecture. GL stated Windu overpowered him. You are confusing Sidious feigning weakness to better help the situation he found himself in. Saberless and unable to hit Windu he had to manipulate Anakin to help him.

So was Sidious. Vader. Vader killed him whereas Thanos manipulated those who betrayed him to help him achieve his goals. Being betrayed has nothing to do with intelligence you moron.

Thanos imposes his will on a universe not some puny galaxy.

You are wrong as ever.

Naah, Sidious lost willingly. And even so, we aren't talking here about whose more powerful but whose more cunning.

What are you talking about?

Sidious was killed once. Thanos died twice.

I defeat you once again.

Darth Thor
Why is Thanos even in the conversation for smartest villain? These trolls are destroying the forum.

TheVaultDweller
his trust on Loki was misfounded.

To be fair though, Loki's basically been a career troll for over a 1000 years. Even Odin wasn't immune to his antics.

Drsoe08
Clyde Shelton and Ozymandias.

quanchi112
The Avengers winning was a bigger achievement. 1 in 14 million odds. That's insane. Thanos is like when the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead vs the Cavs in the finals. Thanos already won. They did not need time travel to undo the warriors they just beat them before the series was over. The movie beats it into your head that Thanos won. The series was over. You seem unable to accept the basic premise of the film. It was not just the warriors it was the entire league and they also had to use time travel to face an earlier version of the warriors with 1 out of 14 million chance. Philosophical Thanos never lost in the film.

quanchi112
Naah, Sidious lost willingly. And even so, we aren't talking here about whose more powerful but whose more cunning.

What are you talking about?

Sidious was killed once. Thanos died twice.

I defeat you once again. Prove it. You made the claim Lucas says otherwise.

We are talking about intelligence. Thanos was more cunning than Sidious since he benefited from those who betrayed hi .

Thanos allowed it to occur per filmmakers commentary. He achieved his goal.

Sidious failed in converting Luke and defeating a much weaker opposition in the rebels. Embarrassing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Why is Thanos even in the conversation for smartest villain? These trolls are destroying the forum. Originally posted by dadudemon
There is a good case for Thanos due there being over 14 million ways he won. That's a lot of ways.

I'm unsure if anyone else, from the big screen, comes anywhere close to this effective. He was effective in pretty much all possibly scenarios except one where it was still a partial loss.

But the math, Thanos is by far the most effective at his plan execution. He is inevitable. It's hard to argue against it.

Ozymandias bested a god who had godlike powers, however. He can be a distant second. So everyone who disagrees is a troll despite their arguments. You are pathetic.

Josh_Alexander
Prove it. You made the claim Lucas says otherwise.

We are talking about intelligence. Thanos was more cunning than Sidious since he benefited from those who betrayed hi .

Thanos allowed it to occur per filmmakers commentary. He achieved his goal.

Sidious failed in converting Luke and defeating a much weaker opposition in the rebels. Embarrassing.

Outside thread's parameters. We are discussing who's the smartest not who's the better fighter.

Thanos died twice. Sidious only died once.

BrolyBlack
You just be one of those Star Wars retards born again

Josh_Alexander
You just be one of those Star Wars retards born again

And you are just a retard. Simply an empty headed.

Lestov16
Thanos, wielding the Power Gem and Reality Gem, got overpowered by a plucky group of Avengers and only managed to achieve victory because said group of plucky Avengers were emotionally overreactive (and because later on another Avenger didn't go for his head). If Adrian Veidt had the Infinity Gauntlet, Dr. Strange and co. wouldn't have lasted two seconds.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon

Ozymandias bested a god who had godlike powers, however. He can be a distant second.

In the end Thanos failed, while Ozy succeeded. The success that Thanos did have was usually due to brawn and not brains.

Plus if Thanos was truly smart he could have figured out a better use for the glove.

Silent Master
There is nothing saying that those millions of ways were anything other than, Thanos and his army overpower them.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Surtur
In the end Thanos failed, while Ozy succeeded. The success that Thanos did have was usually due to brawn and not brains.

Plus if Thanos was truly smart he could have figured out another way to use the glove to help the universe that didn't involve killing half of everything.

Like make resources regenerate, give planets the equivalent of healing factors etc etc etc

Surtur
Ozy was able to invent advanced technology and also fool a god-like being that is capable of seeing the future. Thanos achieved ultimate power(through brute force, not cunning) and still ended up failing and getting erased from existence.

Ozy, the strongest and smartest human on the planet, ends up winning and chilling in his ice fortress.

TheVaultDweller
Ozy was able to invent advanced technology and also fool a god-like being that is capable of seeing the future. Thanos achieved ultimate power(through brute force, not cunning) and still ended up failing and getting erased from existence.

Ozy ends up winning and chilling at his ice fortress, the strongest and smartest human on the planet.

One issue with that argument is that Thanos failing also hedged partly on outright luck. Joe Russo said in an interview that the mouse stepping on the button to release Ant-Man was essential for things to happen the way it did, and there were timelines where it didn't. It's really dumb IMO, and one of the weaker plot points of that film, but it is what it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
One issue with that argument is that Thanos failing also hedged partly on outright luck. Joe Russo said in an interview that the mouse stepping on the button to release Ant-Man was essential for things to happen the way it did, and there were timelines where it didn't. It's really dumb IMO, and one of the weaker plot points of that film, but it is what it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/

One could argue it was also luck that Thor didn't decapitate Thanos at the end of Infinity War and instead went for the heart...

TheVaultDweller
Someone targeting centre mass instead of the head and a mouse randomly stumbling across the exact button needed to activate a quantum tunnel, which kicked out the exact hero needed to start off a bunch of time travel shenanigans and a giant battle are two very different things.

Plus, that one comes straight from Russo himself. The mouse saved the universe.

Impediment

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Someone targeting centre mass instead of the head and a mouse randomly stumbling across the exact button needed to activate a quantum tunnel, which kicked out the exact hero needed to start off a bunch of time travel shenanigans and a giant battle are two very different things.

Plus, that one comes straight from Russo himself. The mouse saved the universe.

Fair enough, but if Thanos had been smart enough to wipe out the Avengers the mouse would have been irrelevant. So his own arrogance played a role in his defeat and some absurdly bad luck factored in as well(bad for him anyways).

TheVaultDweller
Well, as I said, I am not a fan of it as a plot point. I felt like it's completely unnecessary and kind of silly.

quanchi112
Outside thread's parameters. We are discussing who's the smartest not who's the better fighter.

Thanos died twice. Sidious only died once. Sidious died to dumber opposition and no time travel was necessary. He lost to the lowly rebels. We already know Thanos is the better fighter but to achieve a universal goal this opposition blows anything the emperor did out of the water.

quanchi112
You just be one of those Star Wars retards born again thumb up

quanchi112

Plus if Thanos was truly smart he could have figured out a better use for the glove. Thanos succeeded. Ozy faced less opposition and his goal was about the planet not the universe. Are you retarded?

quanchi112

Ozy, the strongest and smartest human on the planet, ends up winning and chilling in his ice fortress. Universe>world. Opposition knew what Thanos was doing ozy had a few super powered foes in his world and he was still at the mercy of Manhattan. They were scared of nukes ffs. Pitiful universe for a pitiful guy. Thanos achieved his goal in IW.

BrolyBlack

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
Sidious died to dumber opposition and no time travel was necessary. He lost to the lowly rebels. We already know Thanos is the better fighter but to achieve a universal goal this opposition blows anything the emperor did out of the water.

His entire quest to erase half the universe in order to "save the universe" was USELESS. His plan was stupid from the get go.

Thanos is stupid.

Sorry Thanos fanboy, you are as dumb as your idol.

Sidious stands superior.

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack

quanchi112
His entire quest to erase half the universe in order to "save the universe" was USELESS. His plan was stupid from the get go.

Thanos is stupid.

Sorry Thanos fanboy, you are as dumb as your idol.

Sidious stands superior. Has nothing to do with the intelligence required to achieve a universal goal.

Your post resembled not one rational point just you demonstrating bias, stupidity, and trollish behavior.

Thanos teabagged the universe whereas the rebels inserted their penis into Sheevs backside.

quanchi112

carthage
^Double posting Mongoloid

You shame Thanos with every post

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
^Double posting Mongoloid

You shame Thanos with every post He won just as I did with two posts.

Josh_Alexander
Has nothing to do with the intelligence required to achieve a universal goal.

Your post resembled not one rational point just you demonstrating bias, stupidity, and trollish behavior.

Thanos teabagged the universe whereas the rebels inserted their penis into Sheevs backside.

Sidious would have recovered the IS way better than Thanos, except he wouldn't have used them in such a stupid way.

You are delusional

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack

StiltmanFTW

quanchi112
Sidious would have recovered the IS way better than Thanos, except he wouldn't have used them in such a stupid way.

You are delusional Speculation. Doubtful he could even take Xandar tbh. The guy lost with all the advantages to the rebels. That is a fact. Despite the Death Star and the sheer power behind the empire he got tossed down a shaft like a crybaby.

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.