Hobbs & Shaw vs Diamondback

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d0ec77f9ca5dc90abb817565ffdeb299/tumblr_pq7q2f56bD1rrkahjo2_500.gif

vs

https://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111128283/5662837-3939375878-54771.gif

- Fight takes place on the streets of Harlem.
- Opponents start 20 feet apart.
- Everyone starts unarmed (though Diamondback has his suit), but anything goes otherwise.
- Win via incap/kill.

Who takes it?

TheVaultDweller
No takers? I was kind of leaning towards the team myself. Based on the shots they were taking from Brixton, some of which also sent them flying into things like cars hard enough to dent them, they won't go down immediately. And can probably figure out how the suit works between the two of them. And, unlike Cage who held back from going too crazy because Diamondback is his half-brother, these two don't really hold back and are both happy to kill. So, I can see either of them doing something like jamming a broken piece of glass from a car window into an exposed part of his neck while the other is distracting him.

John Murdoch
I'll give my (somewhat uninformed as I haven't seen Hobbs & Shaw) opinion:

- The Rock is superhuman at this point in terms of strength and durability. Surviving getting blown through windows multiple stories up on building onto a car below, redirecting torpedos by pushing them, etc. I'll include Statham in this as well, as the only feat coming to my mind is derived from his fight with Dom, a dude who stomped down a parking garage with his boot.
- Diamondback's suit drains him physically to the point where he is light-headed, exhausted, and starts stumbling around if he starts going too hard and too long with the punches.

These two points should give the big-screen duo the win.

KingD19
Its gonna go just like Hibbs and Shaw vs Brixton. Except I dont think DB is as strong as him, but as fast or as good a fighter so he goes down even faster because.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'll give my (somewhat uninformed as I haven't seen Hobbs & Shaw) opinion:

- The Rock is superhuman at this point in terms of strength and durability. Surviving getting blown through windows multiple stories up on building onto a car below, redirecting torpedos by pushing them, etc. I'll include Statham in this as well, as the only feat coming to my mind is derived from his fight with Dom, a dude who stomped down a parking garage with his boot.
- Diamondback's suit drains him physically to the point where he is light-headed, exhausted, and starts stumbling around if he starts going too hard and too long with the punches.

These two points should give the big-screen duo the win.

They also develop some pretty solid teamwork skills over the course of the film, especially in H2H, where they work together to create openings for each other when fighting someone they're unable to match individually.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Its gonna go just like Hibbs and Shaw vs Brixton. Except I dont think DB is as strong as him, but as fast or as good a fighter so he goes down even faster because.

Eh, I am not sure Brixton would be much, if any, stronger than Diamondback, seeing as the latter was matching Cage and ragdolling him with a number of his hits (and could oneshot kill even armored humans). However, Brixton is definitely the better and faster fighter. Cage would actually have been comparatively rusty when he fought Diamondback compared to when he fought Bushmaster in S2, based on the timeline, as he was still in hiding during JJ and LC s1 and trying to keep his nose clean, and only went full-time hero after finishing his prison time at the start of the Defenders, and would then have been actively doing the hero thing for several months when LC S2 started. And Diamondback also still lost to Cage, who wasn't trying to seriously hurt him. So, not the best reflection on his actual H2H level.

He does hit very, very hard though (as shown in the gif in the OP), which is why I wouldn't match him against either alone. They could take some hits, but if he pounded away for a while at either them, it would end very badly. They need each other to buy some recovery time after the hard hits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.