Term Limits For Congress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX

Robtard
100% for term limits. Not sure if it should be 8 years like a president or over, but more than 20 years seems excessive.

Setting congressional term limits was one of the few items Trump talked about when he was running that I agreed with, wish he'd have kept that promise.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
100% for term limits. Not sure if it should be 8 years like a president or over, but more than 20 years seems excessive.

Setting congressional term limits was one of the few items Trump talked about when he was running that I agreed with, wish he'd have kept that promise.

One compromise I read for the term-limit argument was no consecutive terms allowed.

You could serve as long as you wanted. You'd just have to sit out of congress or whatever elected position it was.

Robtard
So one term on and one term off?

I could see that working for the Senate, as they serve 6 years. The House only serves 2; that might be futile.

SquallX

You do know Obama said the same thing right and did nothing about right?

Trump has no power when it comes to something like this, the best he could do is talk about it.

His only route is to sign an executive law, then what? As soon as he is gone, the next President could just forgo it.

Robtard
Originally posted by SquallX

Trump has no power when it comes to something like this, the best he could do is talk about it.

His only route is to sign an executive law, then what? As soon as he is gone, the next President could just forgo it.

Yes, I wish Obama had done something too.

And like Obama, I wish he'd had talked about it more, made it a hot issue with the voters to try and force congress to act/change.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by SquallX

Not only that, but if he did issue an executive order declaring it then some leftist judge way over in Hawaii would probably block the action lol.

Blakemore
Yes, I wish Obama had done something too.

And like Obama, I wish he'd had talked about it more, made it a hot issue with the voters to try and force congress to act/change. You're running to be president and representing a political party be it the Democrats (Obama) or the Republicans (Trump) and one of your policies is removing them from their jobs after serving as their boss...... and they're the ones nominating you......

Gee, I wonder why they were so quiet about it. facepalm

Robtard
You barely understand how politics works in the U.K so I'm not surprised you don't seem to understand that people also vote in our Senators here in the US.

So if a President were to make it a hot topic that gained traction across both major sides with our voting base, many of the Senators who opposed term limits could become targets of being voted out in the next election cycle and replaced with those running with a pro-limits stance. /politics

dadudemon
So one term on and one term off?

I could see that working for the Senate, as they serve 6 years. The House only serves 2; that might be futile.

I don't want them serving to serve again. Or campaigning while in office.

2 years is more than enough.

SquallX

Robtard

Emperordmb

Robtard
No limits also keeps the old White racist that make up 99% of the Republicans be career politicians. eg Mitch McConnell won't leave until he's voted out or dies.

Badabing

Emperordmb

SquallX
Originally posted by Badabing
Normally I'd agree with the term limits. But where does it end? Soon you'd have the rabble, er, good citizens of KMC demanding term limits for mods. No thank you! sneer

Damn it, you saw through my ruse! Congrats👏

You can stay a mod for a little longer.

Adam_PoE
We have term limits now. They are called elections.

Wonder Man
I like old money and new money to get together. Keep it the way it is.

Badabing
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
We have term limits now. They are called elections. Fair enough.

How about an alternate change. The people of Congress must live in the districts (for the House)/states (for the Senate) they represent at least 7 months per year?

Lord Lucien
No running for Consul again for at least 10 years.

SquallX

dadudemon
Originally posted by Badabing
Normally I'd agree with the term limits. But where does it end? Soon you'd have the rabble, er, good citizens of KMC demanding term limits for mods. No thank you! sneer

I made that suggestion back in the day when Ush brought too much of the hammer on these forums. He would have been voted out of office if he had to be re-elected each year like I suggested. smile

Robtard

SquallX

Robtard

SquallX

Robtard
No, not a gotcha. Ease up.

Blakemore
You barely understand how politics works in the U.K so I'm not surprised you don't seem to understand that people also vote in our Senators here in the US.

So if a President were to make it a hot topic that gained traction across both major sides with our voting base, many of the Senators who opposed term limits could become targets of being voted out in the next election cycle and replaced with those running with a pro-limits stance. /politics Gee, if only Senators had like, some sort of power to block that kind of legislation from happening, right?

You're an idiot!

Robtard
You and your noncesense.

dadudemon
Which is why their taxes should be audited every year regardless of which political party they're in. Including the President.

We'd need the FairTax Plan to be in place before we could start doing this kind of thing.

And with the FairTax Plan, you wouldn't need to audit anyone.

As of right now, you'd be auditing people who played by the rules instead of figured out loophole after exemption after credit. It's just not a fair assessment taxes.

Oh, and don't forget the Panama Papers scandal. They could just simply...not pay taxes at all and hide their money.

Blakemore
You and your noncesense. Just like with the f*ck you Robtard thread you fail stupendously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.