Smartest character in movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
Name who is to you the smartest character in movies and why.

BrolyBlack
Professor Hulk from Endgame

Josh_Alexander
I'd personally think of Lucy by Scarlett Johansson. She literally had superpowers because of her intelligence.

Impediment
Tony Stark.

Robtard
Adrian Veidt

Reed Richards

Sherlock Holmes (Moriarty too, they were about equals)

Spock

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment
Tony Stark.

Tony as smart in his own area of expertise. But I agree he is a contestant.

How about Elijah Pierce?

steverules_2
Doc Brown

TheVaultDweller
Eddie Morra deserves a mention here.

TheVaultDweller
To give an example of what he can do, this is a scene from the Limitless show, which is canon to the film. Figures out someone is planning to snipe him, from where, and exactly what the best course of action is not only to survive, but spin it in a PR win, all while delivering a speech to a group of people:

EyvDdAmClEo

quanchi112
Thanos. Common sense.

Robtard
@josh a

Oh, you're asking who is the smartest character of them all? I thought you just wanted mentions of some of the smartest characters in film/

The top character would be Morgan Freeman's protract of Abrahamic God, since he's eternal, omnipotent and omniscient. Limitless in a word.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
@josh a

Oh, you're asking who is the smartest character of them all? I thought you just wanted mentions of some of the smartest characters in film/

The top character would be Morgan Freeman's protract of Abrahamic God, since he's eternal, omnipotent and omniscient. Limitless in a word.

Who's according to you the smartest character. A list is okay, should you not have a clear winner.

Hmmm...Let's leave Gods and Omnipotent beings out for the sake of debating.

Let's stick to characters that aren't All Mighty.

TheVaultDweller
Well, people like Sherlock, Moriarty and Morra are so intelligent that they can take in all the variables of a scenario and actually predict events in the near future to a degree.

pMU2Pk-SBs0

OS-Qd-jQFkM

mI4ZnMT8Pmc

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
To give an example of what he can do, this is a scene from the Limitless show, which is canon to the film. Figures out someone is planning to snipe him, from where, and exactly what the best course of action is not only to survive, but spin it in a PR win, all while delivering a speech to a group of people:

EyvDdAmClEo

Very smart. But Elijah was able to escape a heavily guarded facility while being paralyzed, convince the Beast to join him, play David to fight the Beast, and kill everyone while recording it all in a very elaborate plan to expose superpowers and a secret evil organization.

That's messed up.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Very smart. But Elijah was able to escape a heavily guarded facility while being paralyzed, convince the Beast to join him, play David to fight the Beast, and kill everyone while recording it all in a very elaborate plan to expose superpowers and a secret evil organization.

That's messed up.

Yeah, but the Beast is extremely violent already and David's kid gave him a hero complex, so Elijah just needed to push the right buttons to trigger that confrontation. He did well to pull it all off under wraps though, especially while under observation. That's the more impressive part to me. But what makes someone like Morra in particular impressive is even other people who have taken NZT can't figure out his plans. And his intelligence extends across a wide variety of fields. For example, he can learn a new language within a few hours, or near-instantly master a new musical instrument, or pull a mentalist on someone and manipulate them by reading body signs, speech patterns etc.

Josh_Alexander
Yeah, but the Beast is extremely violent already and David's kid gave him a hero complex, so Elijah just needed to push the right buttons to trigger that confrontation. He did well to pull it all off under wraps though, especially while under observation. That's the more impressive part to me. But what makes someone like Morra in particular impressive is even other people who have taken NZT can't figure out his plans. And his intelligence extends across a wide variety of fields. For example, he can learn a new language within a few hours, or near-instantly master a new musical instrument, or pull a mentalist on someone and manipulate them by reading body signs, speech patterns etc.

Saw the clips, he is a smartass. His short term responses are insane. Wonder how good he is in the long-term.

TheVaultDweller
Saw the clips, he is a smartass. His short term responses are insane. Wonder how good he is in the long-term.

Well, IIRC, he became a US senator within like a year or something after deciding to go in that direction.

Josh_Alexander
Well, IIRC, he became a US senator within like a year or something after deciding to go in that direction.

I'll give that TV Show a shot. I was impressed by his abilities.

Since we are talking about long-term and TV Shows, I'd say it's worth mentioning Raymond Reddington from the Blacklist and
Francis Underwood from House of Cards.

TheVaultDweller
I'll give that TV Show a shot. I was impressed by his abilities.

Since we are talking about long-term and TV Shows, I'd say it's worth mentioning Raymond Reddington from the Blacklist and
Francis Underwood from House of Cards.

More worth watching the 2011 Limitless movie than the show. He's mostly a guest character in the show, which takes place after the film, whereas he is actually the main character in the film, so you get to see his journey. And the film is better than the show. At least IMO.

Josh_Alexander
More worth watching the 2011 Limitless movie than the show. He's mostly a guest character in the show, which takes place after the film, whereas he is actually the main character in the film, so you get to see his journey. And the film is better than the show. At least IMO.

Going to follow that advice smile

ShadowFyre
The ***** that doesent go see what that noise was in a horror movie

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
The ***** that doesent go see what that noise was in a horror movie

Be right back. It's late and I heard a noise outside and I'm not expecting company.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.