DC vs Thor hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who in DC is WORTHY enough to lift Thor hammer? Please explain your answer.

ShadowFyre
Wonder Woman because obvious reasons.

Maybe Batman?

I also bet a couple of lanterns might be. Hal,kyle or allan?

Cassandra Cain maybe?

And no, I am not giving a reason because I don't have one

SquallX

BruceSkywalker
Bruce and Grayson are worthy

Diana she is definitely worthy

Both Barry Allen and Wally West should be worthy

Alfred is worthy

Jim Gordon should be

ShadowFyre
I think being willing to kill is one of several things that make one worthy

deathslash

Galan007
Superman is the obvious answer. smile

Silent Master
There is only one person on the list

Wonder Woman

DarkSaint85
Love how a lot of you are still stuck in the 90s with the definition of 'warrior' and 'worthiness'.

Jane Foster lifted it. Odin couldn't. One doesn't have to be a warrior in the 'engages in physical fisticuffs' to be worthy.

Silent Master
Most people consider that story-line to be sh!t.

xJLxKing
Superman
Hal
WonderWoman

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Silent Master
Most people consider that story-line to be sh!t.

Still canon, alas.

celeyhyga17
The struggle makes u worthy.

Jane became worthy becuz there had to be a "Thor". Also Thor couldnt lift the hammer cuz he started to believe no god is worthy of serving mortals.
At least i think thats what Aaron was trying to convey.

Could be wrong.

DarkSaint85
Odin was just misogynistic, lol.

And if struggle was all that's needed, and 'there always has to be a Thor', what if Spidey had chanced upon Mewmew? Or one of those dirty muties?

Silent Master
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Still canon, alas.

True, but without either an explanation or more examples of people succeeding and/or failing to lift Mjolnir. we can't really determine what the new rules are.

That is why I'm sticking to the classic rules.

playa1258
Superman
Wonder Woman
Hal

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Who in DC is WORTHY enough to lift Thor hammer? Please explain your answer.

LOIS LANE

BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN

Illiterate, too.

Sin I AM
I think the worthiness comes from whoever is willing to sacrifice everything for a just cause in the face of insurmountable odds that may result in the death of others....or something

StiltmanFTW
Thor was never willing to sacrifice anything.

He just wanted to flex his muscles and drink beer with Hercules.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman is the obvious answer. smile Superman overpowers the enchantment, that's different from being worthy. thumb down

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thor was never willing to sacrifice anything.

He just wanted to flex his muscles and drink beer with Hercules.
laughing out loud
thumb up

Adam Grimes
Mjolnir would have to prove being worthy of being picked up by Supes.

Stoic
True, but without either an explanation or more examples of people succeeding and/or failing to lift Mjolnir. we can't really determine what the new rules are.

What classic rules? Worthiness was based on plot, and what made one worthy was dubiously murky at best. Red Norvel to Eric Masterson to Beta Ray Bill are prime examples for there being little to no pattern for what was deemed worthy to lift Mjolnir, or Spiderman, and Ben Grimm should've been prime candidates. It was all plot, nothing more.

In DC Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, and perhaps Starfire seem to fit the plot worthiness for what Marvel chose. It would be cool to see Jimmy Olsen carrying it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Wonder Woman
2. Superman
3. Hal
4. John Henry Irons
5. Kon-El
6. Captain Marvel

DarkSaint85

Which are?

abhilegend
Yeah, snake eyes might give a straight answer after two decades.

Likely, eh?

Silent Master
Which are?

Obviously nothing official as Marvel has never published the requirements. but as the reward for being found worthy is the power of Thor. I've always considered Classic Thor to be the best template.

DarkSaint85
Obviously nothing official as Marvel has never published the requirements. but as the reward for being found worthy is the power of Thor. I've always considered Classic Thor to be the best template.

But what, iyo (as there's nothing official) are they?
Not being a dick here. Genuinely curious as to what the parameters would be.

Stoic

There are none. Next week, Gwen Stacey may pick it up.

Silent Master

IMO a mix of things most heroes have like strength of character, nobility, courage and things that only a few heroes have like a *warriors spirit.

I look to Classic Thor and BRB as Thor's power is the reward for being found worthy and BRB as he was basically created to be the first person other than Thor to be worthy.

Edit: *Not to be confused with heart or willingness to fight for what's right as those are more general hero traits.

DarkSaint85
And what is this warrior's spirit?

http://geekxgirls.com/images/_articles/wonder-woman-thor-hammer-01.jpg

As WW herself said, echoing this very debate - worthiness is so incredibly subjective.

Silent Master
Yes it is, which is why I gave two examples. Thor and BRB and the reasons why I think they represent the ideal. For DC, I'd say Wonder Woman is the best example of someone that would be worthy.

Edit: I forget who said it(maybe Orion) but they said something like Superman isn't a warrior, he's a champion.

DarkSaint85
So with those two, we can distill what the measurements are.

Fights for others and not themselves.
Doesn't resort to trickery to win and fights in 'open' combat.
Courageous.
Fights for what is right.

Would you say these are the attributes? I just wanted to avoid pithy words like 'warrior spirit'...after all, Lobo has that in spades, lol (AND fights for others, like dames in need and space dolphins). Hell, Batman has it too

Silent Master
Let's put it this way, if some cosmic entity were to wave their hand and create a utopia in Marvel and DC. I could see guys like Superman, Batman, Iron-man and Spider-man hanging up their uniforms and leading basically normal lives. whereas people like Thor and Wonder Woman would still be essentailly the same as training and fighting(friendly sparring) is their blood, rather than something they do in order to help people.

DarkSaint85
That's actually a really good way of putting it.

I nominate Guy Gardner, Orion, Maxima and potentially Lobo lol. Along with WW of course.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Maxima and Orion are good picks.

cdtm
DC Thor. Because he's Thor.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
DC Thor. Because he's Thor.
thumb up

laughing out loud

h1a8

h1a8
WW and Batman for sure

h1a8
Thor's and Cap's characteristics they share in common
1. Warrior and having good fighting skilll
2. Fights for righteous reasons only
3. Cares more about others than themselves. Willing to die so that others can live.
4. Protect innocent lives if it's within their power to do so.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
WW and Batman for sure

Agreed on Wonder Woman, not a chance in hell in regards to Batman.

qwertyuiop1998
Superman, Hal, WW and orion IMO

SquallX
Let's put it this way, if some cosmic entity were to wave their hand and create a utopia in Marvel and DC. I could see guys like Superman, Batman, Iron-man and Spider-man hanging up their uniforms and leading basically normal lives. whereas people like Thor and Wonder Woman would still be essentailly the same as training and fighting(friendly sparring) is their blood, rather than something they do in order to help people.

Batman would not hang up his cape. Without the mask, Bruce is a lost lost. I would say the same for Tony.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SquallX
Batman would not hang up his cape. Without the mask, Bruce is a lost lost. I would say the same for Tony.

If Batman doesn't hang up his cape it would be because seeing his parents murdered broke something inside him. not because being a warrior is in his blood.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.