DOV Capt. Marvel vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Day of vengeance Billy being amped by all of earth's mystic's takes on a moderately well fed big G as he did the specter, does Billy have a chance here?

lawest9
C'mon folks, weigh in.

lawest9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

beatboks
There isnt enough to go on for DoV Cap.
He did nothing that is noteworthy.
He attempted to delay Spacre and failed.
A few panels of literally zero sunstance.

What are we supposed to weigh in with? Speculation?

lawest9
Isn't all the threads speculation to begin with?......rather silly question I think.

Stoic
Implied power levels would likely place him on the level, but with the way Galactus recently treated mystical forces, this may be a one sided match in favor of Galactus.

spetznaz
Galactus

BruceSkywalker
Galactus stomps poor Shazam

abhilegend
CapOriginally posted by beatboks
There isnt enough to go on for DoV Cap.
He did nothing that is noteworthy.
He attempted to delay Spacre and failed.
A few panels of literally zero sunstance.

What are we supposed to weigh in with? Speculation?
What do you mean? Cap almost killed Spectre by his own admission.

Stoic
Where? From where I sat, the Spectre was fully in control of that battle.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Where? From where I sat, the Spectre was fully in control of that battle.
https://i.postimg.cc/pLwJ17B4/image.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/HLb9G2Zx/image.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
https://i.postimg.cc/pLwJ17B4/image.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/HLb9G2Zx/image.jpg

Thanks for the scan. The Spectre is extremely powerful, but so is Galactus. They both vary in power. The Spectre's upper levels are depedant on the will of the Source (let me know if I'm incorrect okay), while Galactus has to consume in order to reach those upper levels. In retrospect, the battle between the Spectre, and Captain Marvel (Shazam) reminded me of the battle between Galactus and the Spinx.

I have questions.

1. Was the amount of magical power given to Shazam ever quantified?

2. Have you ever noticed that many battles become subject to the rock, paper, scissors dichotomy?

3. Would you agree that Galactus has a history of being dominant over magical creatures and/or magical energy? Let's do something. For now, let's ignore the absolute conquering that was seen during the recent Doctor Strange issue numbers # 14-17 to see if there's any validity to the notion.

I have examples that may, or may not spell the death of DOV Captain Marvel Shazam.

Galactus has a few showings that place him above mystical forces due to his nature. For example; he nearly devoured Mesphisto's realm, the defeat of the Ka Stone and his influence over it, the ability to consume the mystical Old Power, his run-in with Agamotto, his physical connection with Knull's sword All-Black Kylntarr, and how he took on the sword's properties. I strongly believe that Galactus would devour Shazam based on what was seen in Doctor Strange issues 15 and 16 alone. But I needed to see if anyone else took heed of his past encounters with magical creatures and energy?

abhilegend
Galactus was altered to devour magic in Dr Strange arc.

Spectre is far more powerful than Galactus.

Stoic
Spectre has variable levels, as does Galactus. I went back and read the arc. Strange didn't alter Galactus in some way that allowed him to devour magic. I realize the implications of what this means, which is why I won't go into it, but Galactus would devour DOV Captain Marvel.

Senor Cage
Abhi is right. Spectre is more powerful than Galactus, on average. I'd take SHAZAM here.

Stoic
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Abhi is right. Spectre is more powerful than Galactus, on average. I'd take SHAZAM here.

Abhi is wrong as are you. Misan-Ha Gorath was powerful enough to hold his own against the Living Tribunal and the other Abstracts, and Galactus devoured his power reducing him to nearly nothing. He'd do the same to Shazam. Perhaps you should read what Galactus did in that Doctor Strange arc. Shazam was exhausted by taking on all of that magic, while Galactus became a megaversal threat.

Stoic
Abhi I read your post wrong. For some reason, I read Strange altered Galactus. You are right in that Galactus became altered, but this was due to consuming Misan-Ha Gorath's power. I don't see why he couldn't do the same to Shazam who was more than likely less powerful than Misan-Ha Gorath.

abhilegend
Abhi I read your post wrong. For some reason, I read Strange altered Galactus. You are right in that Galactus became altered, but this was due to consuming Misan-Ha Gorath's power. I don't see why he couldn't do the same to Shazam who was more than likely less powerful than Misan-Ha Gorath.
Galactus absorbed a magical planet first. That's what altered him.

Strange saying something isn't a feat for a completely featless character. Misan was less powerful than Dormammu who had centuries long feud with him.

MrMind
I'm going with Galactus

Stoic
Galactus absorbed a magical planet first. That's what altered him.

Strange saying something isn't a feat for a completely featless character. Misan was less powerful than Dormammu who had centuries long feud with him.

Dormammu wasn't weak. He never was. Galactus simply has power over magical beings, constructs, and magical energy. Misan-Ha Gorath was said to have held his own against the Living Tribunal and the other Abstracts, which is stated as Galactus consumed his magical energy reducing him greatly in power. The idea that Dormammu feuded with Misan-Ha Gorath for centuries shows that they were roughly equal in power.

The alteration became evident after Misan-Ha Gorath blasts Galactus who then became aware that his search for sustenance was standing right in front of him. Misan-Ha Gorath is magical just like Shazam is. The implications of how powerful Galactus would become if he switched places with the Spectre would likely resemble what happened between him and Misan-Ha Gorath. He would likely become just as crazed as he became recently, and began hunting anything with a trace of magic in it. This would be a slaughter Abhi.

It's like I said before when I mentioned this being like a game of rock, paper, scissors.

abhilegend
Dormammu wasn't weak. He never was. Galactus simply has power over magical beings, constructs, and magical energy. Misan-Ha Gorath was said to have held his own against the Living Tribunal and the other Abstracts, which is stated as Galactus consumed his magical energy reducing him greatly in power. The idea that Dormammu feuded with Misan-Ha Gorath for centuries shows that they were roughly equal in power.

The alteration became evident after Misan-Ha Gorath blasts Galactus who then became aware that his search for sustenance was standing right in front of him. Misan-Ha Gorath is magical just like Shazam is. The implications of how powerful Galactus would become if he switched places with the Spectre would likely resemble what happened between him and Misan-Ha Gorath. He would likely become just as crazed as he became recently, and began hunting anything with a trace of magic in it. This would be a slaughter Abhi.

It's like I said before when I mentioned this being like a game of rock, paper, scissors.
He was also bound by Dr Strange and couldn't break the spell in the very same issue. He was also unable to break the barrier spell created by Umar.

Clearly a story about Misan is more important than actual feats. Dr Strange>Galactus>Living Tribunal.

Right.

On topic, Cap beats the crap out of him.

Stoic
Abhi, I just re-read the issue. Galactus was subdued for seconds by Stephen before he began to break free. Stephen was helped by other magical characters to reinforce the spell which tired him to the point that he passed out for an entire day. Stephen could not hold him. WTF man? You're bullsh1tting now? WTF?

We take what is written on panel as proof before taking another posters word for it as you're attempting to do. There was no hyperbole evident in Stephen's words, but instead it was considered as something that happened in history at some point in time.

Your inability to admit this is ridiculous.

Galactus would easily defeat this suped up version of Shazam, based on what was recently shown on panel in Doctor Strange #14-17. And he has feats in the past against powerful magical creatures like Agamotto which shows that this isn't something new for him.

abhilegend
Abhi, I just re-read the issue. Galactus was subdued for seconds by Stephen before he began to break free. Stephen was helped by other magical characters to reinforce the spell which tired him to the point that he passed out for an entire day. Stephen could not hold him. WTF man? You're bullsh1tting now? WTF?

WTF?

https://i.postimg.cc/DmTHQTnF/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/ThJSC43b/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/F7F6qVYB/image.jpg

Strange was exhausted because he was restraining AND teleporting Galactus both.

With Clea he successfully restrained Galactus and teleported him.

Or maybe I know Misan was just cannon fodder to hype Galactus up.

If not, kindly show those feats for either Galactus or Misan which shows they can stalemate LT.

An altered Galactus, not normal Galactus.

Galactus could not do anything to Agamotto. Dire Wraiths have almost killed Galactus.

Cap beats the shit out of Galactus.

Stoic
1. Strange had the stamina of an ancient dragon aiding him. That band around his arm wasn't for show. Galactus has a history of being able to not just resist magic, but has also consumed magic. Are you trying to deny this? If so, you did not understand what you read in Doctor Strange #14-17. I said that he was exhausted from restraining Galactus, but it took more than Clea to hold him. It wasn't just those two. Are you trying to paint a different picture than that which was written? Go further into the story, to when Clea visits Stephen after he wakes up. Clea isn't restraining Galactus, there are others there, and they're barely able to hold him.

2. No maybe about anything. Galactus defeated a magical being that held his own against the Living Tribunal and the other Abstracts which is what was stated on panel, which is canon. This shows that Galactus has power over magical beings. It also shows that Dormammu wasn't weak. This feat talk only goes so far. Or, should we get a mod ruling of this particular instance?

3. When Galactus entered the Realm of Magic he was normal. The very first time that the alteration occurred was when Misan-Ha Gorath blasts him. You should re-read that part, because it wasn't the planet that began the transformation. Besides, Captain Marvel was exhausted from just holding the amount of power that was transferred to him. And now you're low balling? Galactus fought Agamotto in his own land, where he had power. It was an example to show that he was not weak, or vulnerable to magic. His run-in with Mephisto is another example.

abhilegend
1. Strange had the stamina of an ancient dragon aiding him. That band around his arm wasn't for show. Galactus has a history of being able to not just resist magic, but has also consumed magic. Are you trying to deny this? If so, you did not understand what you read in Doctor Strange #14-17. I said that he was exhausted from restraining Galactus, but it took more than Clea to hold him. It wasn't just those two. Are you trying to paint a different picture than that which was written? Go further into the story, to when Clea visits Stephen after he wakes up. Clea isn't restraining Galactus, there are others there, and they're barely able to hold him. What is this nonsense?

It was only Strange and Clea who restrained and banished Galactus. Later Galactus was amped further by flames of faltine.

What? It was just a story with nothing shown that Misan was that powerful actually.

Sure, go to check with a mod if you like.

It was when Galactus consumed a magical planet. Don't lie now.

Agamotto/Mephisto are a gnat compared to Spectre.

Stoic
I'm at work. Will reply later. You're partially right, while at the same time glazing over certain facts. Shazam loses though, no matter how deep you're trying to pull this out to.

abhilegend
ermm

quanchi112
Galactus absorbs his magic. This is unfair for Billy tbh.

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
Galactus absorbs his magic. This is unfair for Billy tbh.

Exactly. Billy was just an inflated ball of magical energy with no way of defending against an energy consumer on Galactus' level. He began shrinking seconds after obtaining his power up. No contest TBH.

abhilegend
Exactly. Billy was just an inflated ball of magical energy with no way of defending against an energy consumer on Galactus' level. He began shrinking seconds after obtaining his power up. No contest TBH.
Only if he eats a magical planet and altered by flames of faltine.

Otherwise Cap would beat the shit out of him.

Stoic
Shaman, couldn't even maintain form. Galactus doesn't have a limit to what he can or can't consume. He devours entire planets that have had magical beings on it. It's what started the entire thing. You'd best try harder at concealing the truth.

Galactus beats him worse than hid beat the Sphinx.

quanchi112
Exactly. Billy was just an inflated ball of magical energy with no way of defending against an energy consumer on Galactus' level. He began shrinking seconds after obtaining his power up. No contest TBH. No defense against Galactus. Kind of unfair.

abhilegend
Shaman, couldn't even maintain form. Galactus doesn't have a limit to what he can or can't consume. He devours entire planets that have had magical beings on it. It's what started the entire thing. You'd best try harder at concealing the truth.

Galactus beats him worse than hid beat the Sphinx.
What are you blabbering now?

Sphinx is nothing at this level.

Eternal Idol
Hard to see Galactus losing this fight, after that Doctor Strange arc.

Galactus (unamped and hungry) one-shotted Mishan-Ha Gorath, who was stated on panel to be powerful enough to cause problems for the Living Tribunal and other Abstracts, in his own realm. He then one or two-shotted Dormammu in his own realm (and while under his influence) before consuming him entirely. He went on to crush Satannish and consume him while under attack from several mages.

There wasn't any kind of energy Galactus couldn't absorb. The only reason Strange stopped him was by realizing Galactus was absorbing vast quantities of energy faster than he could metabolize it. He waited until damn near everyone and everything had been absorbed until he allowed all of his own energy to be absorbed, causing Galactus to implode, creating a new reality.

Stoic
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

Galactus (unamped and hungry) one-shotted Mishan-Ha Gorath, who was stated on panel to be powerful enough to cause problems for the Living Tribunal and other Abstracts, in his own realm. He then one or two-shotted Dormammu in his own realm (and while under his influence) before consuming him entirely. He went on to crush Satannish and consume him while under attack from several mages.

There wasn't any kind of energy Galactus couldn't absorb. The only reason Strange stopped him was by realizing Galactus was absorbing vast quantities of energy faster than he could metabolize it. He waited until damn near everyone and everything had been absorbed until he allowed all of his own energy to be absorbed, causing Galactus to implode, creating a new reality.

Yeah but Anhi won't accept it, because... well just because, but if they said that someone from the Super Family did something off panel, it's phucking canon. Abhi tsk tsk.

cdtm
Billy beat Spectre so badly, he had to retreat to mend his heavy injuries. He would have won, had he not been cut off from the amp because of Sorceress going insane from the power (Which I presume is not something that can happen here.)

Eternal Idol
Yeah but Anhi won't accept it, because... well just because, but if they said that someone from the Super Family did something off panel, it's phucking canon. Abhi tsk tsk.
That's a shame. That was a hell of a story, too.

Aside from what we've already mentioned, Galactus f*cked up Nightmare in his own realm without ever having to acknowledge his existence, and it looked as if Mephisto was about to suffer the same fate.

cdtm

Because he was cut off, when Sorceress went evil mad.

Since his power source is external, it's debatable how efficiently Big G can absorb his energy, especially while getting pounded on.

Senor Cage

I don't see how that is important, seeing as Spectre could do the same thing. You really think Dormammu can really hold his own against a non jobbing Spectre?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Senor Cage
I don't see how that is important, seeing as Spectre could do the same thing. You really think Dormammu can really hold his own against a non jobbing Spectre?
I don't know. I don't read much of the DC stuff, and Spectre seems to be all over the place in terms of power (something to do with the host and the will of the Source, I believe).

If Spectre could absorb magic the way Galactus did in the Doctor Strange book, why didn't he do it against Captain Marvel?

Was this another case of an Abstract/Cosmic jobbing to a herald/skyfather for the sake of the story?

Senor Cage
I don't know. I don't read much of the DC stuff, and Spectre seems to be all over the place in terms of power (something to do with the host and the will of the Source, I believe).

If Spectre could absorb magic the way Galactus did in the Doctor Strange book, why didn't he do it against Captain Marvel?

Was this another case of an Abstract/Cosmic jobbing to a herald/skyfather for the sake of the story?

Well, DOV Spectre ran a freight train through the lords of order and Chaos, IRC. Although not the most powerful Spectre, still leaps and bounds above Dormammu.

abhilegend

You're aware that Galactus was restrained by Dr Strange and Clea like a ***** AFTER he absorbed a featless character (Misan)?

https://i.postimg.cc/DmTHQTnF/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/ThJSC43b/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/F7F6qVYB/image.jpg

This is AFTER he ate a magical planet which changed him to devour magic, before which he couldn't absorb magic at all?

https://i.postimg.cc/Fkkm0NLR/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/ThKTzq46/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/14bysnkN/image.jpg

Galactus was further amped by flames of faltine which changed him to his core and made him a blend of magic and science which allowed him to do everything like beating Dormammu?

So no, normal Galactus doesn't stands a chance here.

Eternal Idol
You're aware that Galactus was restrained by Dr Strange and Clea like a ***** AFTER he absorbed a featless character (Misan)?

This is AFTER he ate a magical planet which changed him to devour magic, before which he couldn't absorb magic at all?

https://i.postimg.cc/Fkkm0NLR/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/ThKTzq46/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/14bysnkN/image.jpg

Galactus was further amped by flames of faltine which changed him to his core and made him a blend of magic and science which allowed him to do everything like beating Dormammu?

So no, normal Galactus doesn't stands a chance here.
A normal yet hungry Galactus effortlessly drained a featless hell-lord character who apparently was strong enough to give the Living Tribunal and other Abstracts trouble in the past. As I believe Stoic mentioned, Strange's narrative wasn't hyperbole as much as it was acknowledging Misan-Ha Gorath's history as well as his power.

How long do you suppose Galactus was restrained? It looks to me like he was breaking free of them almost immediately, until Clea supported the restraint spell long enough for Strange to teleport him away right after that.

abhilegend
A normal yet hungry Galactus effortlessly drained a featless hell-lord character who apparently was strong enough to give the Living Tribunal and other Abstracts trouble in the past. As I believe Stoic mentioned, Strange's narrative wasn't hyperbole as much as it was acknowledging Misan-Ha Gorath's history as well as his power.

Its just a story for a featless character (Strange says he has 1/5th power of Misan) even. That wouldn't put Misan near a skyfather much less abstracts.

Immediately? Galactus was squirming inside the spell for two pages and then got completely bound by Strange and Clea.

So Strange+Clea>>>Misan~LT, eh?

Eternal Idol
Its just a story for a featless character (Strange says he has 1/5th power of Misan) even. That wouldn't put Misan near a skyfather much less abstracts.

Immediately? Galactus was squirming inside the spell for two pages and then got completely bound by Strange and Clea.

So Strange+Clea>>>Misan~LT, eh?
No. Strange said he DIDN'T even have a fifth of Misan-Ha Gorath's power, and he said so as he watched Galactus crush Misan-Ha Gorath, wondering just how he was going to stop Galactus himself. The context matters.

Those two pages read like seconds to me. Sure doesn't seem like they held him for very long before teleporting him away. Strange's narrative seems to confirm that this just pissed Galactus off, which would explain why he chose to break through the spell than try to absorb it.

abhilegend
No. Strange said he DIDN'T even have a fifth of Misan-Ha Gorath's power, and he said so as he watched Galactus crush Misan-Ha Gorath, wondering just how he was going to stop Galactus himself. The context matters.

So either he was just talking shit or Clea is more powerful than Strange and Misan because they did bound him and banished him.

And couldn't. What's better is that Umar and her motely crew of sorcerers made Galactus prisoner for a whole day.

https://i.postimg.cc/n9q5W6Bc/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/3WGPWDV5/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/F7mnRC03/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/TyytSzXM/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/5jqWnC35/image.jpg

That's your LT level Galactus, eh?

Stoic
Now you're just making things up as you low ball your way up and down this thread. Strange prepped before leaving Earth. Galactus had a notable change only after absorbing Misan Ha Gorath's power blast, the very same guy that the phucking story that we all read said was able to hold g Is own against the Living Tribunal and other Abstracts. It didn't say anything about a Galactus level Living Tribunal. You're trolling at this point, because no one is going to listen as you attempt to hatchet the story that wasn't difficult to comprehend.

Galactus would consume the little DOV Captain Marvel. He was the size of a building, and exhausted by carrying far more power than he was ever supposed to. Let's concentrate on the weakest link instead on attempting to lie and reinterpret a story that even the dullest if minds would comprehend. Shaman was barely able to stand after launching a 3 hit combo on a less than optimal Spectre, who then turned around and one shot him.

Stoic

Those two pages read like seconds to me. Sure doesn't seem like they held him for very long before teleporting him away. Strange's narrative seems to confirm that this just pissed Galactus off, which would explain why he chose to break through the spell than try to absorb it.

Notice how the spell that binds Galactus is nearly broken. Clea only reinforces it. Then Stephen passes out, and he went into the fight with the stamina of an ancient dragon. Abhi will lowball the shit out of anything in order to attempt to change the meaning of a story. Perhaps Galan or Pr should read the issue because someone obviously needs a warning.

carver9
Hes lowballing in this thread as well.

abhilegend
Now you're just making things up as you low ball your way up and down this thread. Strange prepped before leaving Earth. Galactus had a notable change only after absorbing Misan Ha Gorath's power blast, the very same guy that the phucking story that we all read said was able to hold g Is own against the Living Tribunal and other Abstracts. It didn't say anything about a Galactus level Living Tribunal. You're trolling at this point, because no one is going to listen as you attempt to hatchet the story that wasn't difficult to comprehend.

Galactus would consume the little DOV Captain Marvel. He was the size of a building, and exhausted by carrying far more power than he was ever supposed to. Let's concentrate on the weakest link instead on attempting to lie and reinterpret a story that even the dullest if minds would comprehend. Shaman was barely able to stand after launching a 3 hit combo on a less than optimal Spectre, who then turned around and one shot him. Originally posted by Stoic
Notice how the spell that binds Galactus is nearly broken. Clea only reinforces it. Then Stephen passes out, and he went into the fight with the stamina of an ancient dragon. Abhi will lowball the shit out of anything in order to attempt to change the meaning of a story. Perhaps Galan or Pr should read the issue because someone obviously needs a warning.
laughing out loud

You've totally lost it now. Go home.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Hes lowballing in this thread as well.
laughing out loud

Apparently posting context is lowballing now.

Eternal Idol
So either he was just talking shit or Clea is more powerful than Strange and Misan because they did bound him and banished him.

And couldn't. What's better is that Umar and her motely crew of sorcerers made Galactus prisoner for a whole day.

https://i.postimg.cc/n9q5W6Bc/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/3WGPWDV5/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/F7mnRC03/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/TyytSzXM/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/5jqWnC35/image.jpg

That's your LT level Galactus, eh?
Misan attacked Galactus, who no-sold the attack before stripping his lifeorce away. Didn't even bother to kill him as he was no longer any threat or of any use to him.

Yes, he was breaking the binding spell, which is why Clea showed up to help Strange restrain him just a bit longer, while Strange focused on teleporting him away immediately. They knew it was their only choice.

A direct confrontation and an assisted cheap shot/BFR are hardly the same thing, are they?

Umar and her "motley crew of sorcerers" turned out to an entire realm of sorcerers, and the best they could do was distract him for a few hours while he was trying to find a way out of wherever they sent him. He ultimately killed them all like he was swatting flies when he began to go mad, including Umar and Satannish.

He absorbed or obliterated every hostile magical force to confront him. Why would Captain Marvel be any different?

Stoic
Misan attacked Galactus, who no-sold the attack before stripping his lifeorce away. Didn't even bother to kill him as he was no longer any threat or of any use to him.

Yes, he was breaking the binding spell, which is why Clea showed up to help Strange restrain him just a bit longer, while Strange focused on teleporting him away immediately. They knew it was their only choice.

A direct confrontation and an assisted cheap shot/BFR are hardly the same thing, are they?

Umar and her "motley crew of sorcerers" turned out to an entire realm of sorcerers, and the best they could do was distract him for a few hours while he was trying to find a way out of wherever they sent him. He ultimately killed them all like he was swatting flies when he began to go mad, including Umar and Satannish.

He absorbed or obliterated every hostile magical force to confront him. Why would Captain Marvel be any different?

Because Abhi lacks the ability to comprehend what he reads. His disbelief in Galactus is extremely great, while at the same time has no problem in believing that Superman punch with megaversal force. It's the way he rolls.

abhilegend

This sounds a lot like excuses as to why Galactus got bound.

He was amped by flames of faltine there, forgot about it? Cap beats him like he did to Spectre who is a lot more powerful than Galactus. Even this Galactus.

abhilegend
Because Abhi lacks the ability to comprehend what he reads. His disbelief in Galactus is extremely great, while at the same time has no problem in believing that Superman punch with megaversal force. It's the way he rolls.
facepalm

Eternal Idol

Yeah, he's definitely lowballing Galactus here.

I can't tell what his argument for Captain Marvel is. Momentarily brawling with a version of the Spectre who was off his A-game is still impressive, but it doesn't answer how he keeps from being consumed like so many other top-tier hell-lords, or flat out annihilated like everyone else.

Eternal Idol
This sounds a lot like excuses as to why Galactus got bound.

He was amped by flames of faltine there, forgot about it? Cap beats him like he did to Spectre who is a lot more powerful than Galactus. Even this Galactus.
What's to stop him from absorbing the magic that powers Captain Marvel? You haven't answered that yet.

Stoic
What's to stop him from absorbing the magic that powers Captain Marvel? You haven't answered that yet.

Nothing stops it. Captain Marvel wasn't even fully in control of that power. Galactus would laugh at him. He was literally exhausted from carrying it.

lawest9
Wow, fantastic debate.

abhilegend
Because not even Spectre could do so. And that Spectre killed so much magic, it created an infinite multiverse out of one universe.

Eternal Idol
Did he even try? Or did they just trade punches the entire time?

quanchi112
Nothing stops it. Captain Marvel wasn't even fully in control of that power. Galactus would laugh at him. He was literally exhausted from carrying it. thumb up

abhilegend
Did he even try? Or did they just trade punches the entire time?
He tried draining Cap, at the end they were both equally drained.

Bentley
Galactus just defeated Dione with the IG. This isn't even a fight thumb up

MrMind
maybe it means DOV Billy> Galactus> IG

Bentley
Originally posted by MrMind
maybe it means DOV Billy> Galactus> IG

Will you open a thread to confirm that? biscuits

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Bentley
Galactus just defeated Dione with the IG. This isn't even a fight thumb up
https://media2.giphy.com/media/1482hCQhu36bq8/source.gif

MrMind
Originally posted by Bentley
Will you open a thread to confirm that? biscuits

if I'm bizarro mrmind

Stoic
Because not even Spectre could do so. And that Spectre killed so much magic, it created an infinite multiverse out of one universe.

This isn't about Spectre with his variable power levels, it's about Captain Marvel, and how he wasn't even able to control the power given to him. One punch and he fell to the ground nearly comatose. Galactus would have no problem draining him. He would have no problem growing to a size that dwarfed Captain Marvel (unlike Spectre). You're whole game is to attempt placing doubt on the obvious superior character while also attempting to cover up how easily Captain Marvel could be exploited. Hell even the Surfer would have defeated him.

abhilegend
This isn't about Spectre with his variable power levels, it's about Captain Marvel, and how he wasn't even able to control the power given to him. One punch and he fell to the ground nearly comatose. Galactus would have no problem draining him. He would have no problem growing to a size that dwarfed Captain Marvel (unlike Spectre). You're whole game is to attempt placing doubt on the obvious superior character while also attempting to cover up how easily Captain Marvel could be exploited. Hell even the Surfer would have defeated him.
You seem to have some memory problems. It wasn't one punch or even three punches. It was a prolonged fight and Cap was depowered because Enchantress went mad with power.

Spectre wasn't variable within the same arc.

quanchi112
This isn't about Spectre with his variable power levels, it's about Captain Marvel, and how he wasn't even able to control the power given to him. One punch and he fell to the ground nearly comatose. Galactus would have no problem draining him. He would have no problem growing to a size that dwarfed Captain Marvel (unlike Spectre). You're whole game is to attempt placing doubt on the obvious superior character while also attempting to cover up how easily Captain Marvel could be exploited. Hell even the Surfer would have defeated him. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.