Explaining the Hate Enablers in terms of Physics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
Fascinating, I see it here from Surt and Co. Even sometimes DDM. Fascinating.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/aug/22/online-hate-extremism-physics-science

Mindship
Holons. He's talking about the tendency of existence (regardless of level: physical, biological, mental/social) to organize into larger and larger wholes.

(Google it as an entry in philosophy -- unfortunately, the link I had posted kept forwarding to the article on the city in Israel).

The concept has been around a very long time.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship
Holons. He's talking about the tendency of existence (regardless of level: physical, biological, mental/social) to organize into larger and larger wholes.

(Google it as an entry in philosophy -- unfortunately, the link I had posted kept forwarding to the article on the city in Israel).

The concept has been around a very long time. To a point yes, but his application of maths to this takes things a lot further Mindship, it's a lot more than that, but yes, it isn't a new idea. But, he is actually moving away from biological/social models and moving more towards a quantum model if you like.

Bashar Teg
...so milk curdles because the decaying molecules get together and form hangouts gang?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Fascinating, I see it here from Surt and Co. Even sometimes DDM. Fascinating.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/aug/22/online-hate-extremism-physics-science

Yup, I definitely post violent hate and espouse violent extremism. Typical dadudemon stuff, you know.

Curdled milk n'stuff.

snowdragon
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yup, I definitely post violent hate and espouse violent extremism. Typical dadudemon stuff, you know.

Curdled milk n'stuff.

You're just one of the small curds man, so is he accordingly.

I'd rather the enablers stay vocal to keep a finger on the pulse then go underground without knowing what's going on.

Hate, greed, jealousy etc they are never going away and better that we can see it and control it then let it go unfettered like a crazy brush fire that ends up burning down everything.

Mindship
Originally posted by Putinbot1
To a point yes, but his application of maths to this takes things a lot further Mindship, it's a lot more than that, but yes, it isn't a new idea. But, he is actually moving away from biological/social models and moving more towards a quantum model if you like. I see it this way: Math from quantum theory may be a starting point, which seems good in that quantum fluctuations are postulated as the 'seeds' of the phenomenal world. So he may be describing the overall sweep of holism, this umbrella tendency of nature, from a more fundamental level than has been done traditionally/historically. In effect (and imho), holism has been deepened and mathematically strengthened by subsuming the most fundamental, known level of physical existence (and working up from there).

Surtur

Yep, that shit is the bee's knees thumb up

Wonder Man
Anotherwords the op knew that Jehovah the Prince of the World had math and science skills.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
I see it this way: Math from quantum theory may be a starting point, which seems good in that quantum fluctuations are postulated as the 'seeds' of the phenomenal world. So he may be describing the overall sweep of holism, this umbrella tendency of nature, from a more fundamental level than has been done traditionally/historically. In effect (and imho), holism has been deepened and mathematically strengthened by subsuming the most fundamental, known level of physical existence (and working up from there).

You're talking about microtubules and the holonomic brain theory.

I think it's something like that, as well. Memory storage and consciousness is not a classical physics problem. It has been the domain of metaphysics and philosophy for centuries. Ideas such as the holonomic brain theory seek to bridge that gap and bring the metaphysical into the material.

If it can be studied, understood, and even duplicated, we can become gods. Imparting a soul through intentional design is the power of gods.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, that shit is the bee's knees thumb up

Yes, all the violence we espouse. Knees, bees, etc.

Wonder Man
Hate is different from offense and to lump it into one catagory is not smart.
It's a lie to do harm.

Robtard

dadudemon

Mindship
You're talking about microtubules and the holonomic brain theory. Isn't that Penrose's baby? It's a physics attempt to deal with the "hard problem" of consciousness. As such, I was never a fan of it. I'm talking about the universe's tendency toward self-organization overall, as opposed to a specific application.

Wonder Man
Univesal Theory over scientific fact.
I prefer to bet on life.

cdtm
Since this thread is about hate, what do you think of this theory:

Suicide rates of trans individuals are well documented. Any hate towards the lgbtq communities tends to be taken care of very quickly and aggressively, compared to other things like racism against blacks.

There have also been lawsuits against companies and individuals for driving suicides. Ergo, the motivations for respecting trans people has nothing to do with an ethical stance against hatred, and more to do with covering against being complicit in a wrongful death.

Sound theory, or pure crackpotedness?

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
Now I remember why I don't read the guardian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.