Would Superman be worthy enough to lift Mjolnir?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*DCEU Superman
*Based on his character, his deeds, and his personality would Clark be worthy of lifting the hammer?

NemeBro
No, but he's strong enough to overpower the enchantment. thumb up

Impediment
Originally posted by NemeBro

^This.

Silent Master
No

Surtur
If the hammer deemed him not worthy he'd just fly off and murder Odin over the insult.

quanchi112
No, but he's strong enough to overpower the enchantment. thumb up Absurd.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NaturalHastyArmednylonshrimp-size_restricted.gif

We all know how this ended.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Surtur
If the hammer deemed him not worthy he'd just fly off and murder Odin over the insult.

Odin is already dead.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin is already dead.

Superman punches him back to life and then kills him.

quanchi112
Superman punches him back to life and then kills him. Nah, Odin beats him worse than Bruce Wayne did.

Silent Master
Superman punches him back to life and then kills him.

He does love murder enough to try.

Surtur
To be fair if Thor can be worthy even after trying to murder Captain America, Superman can probably be a little bit worthy. Maybe he'd budge the hammer a bit, enough to commit murder.

Silent Master
To be fair, Cap attacked Thor first, thus it could be argued as self-defense.

ShadowFyre

No way.

Surtur
If Superman murders everyone else in the universe is he worthy by default?

If that is the case...maybe don't share that detail with him.

quanchi112
If Superman murders everyone else in the universe is he worthy by default?

If that is the case...maybe don't share that detail with him. He was unable to beat a human or save his own step dad from a tornado. Get a grip on reality.

Eon Blue
Bane dies.

Surtur
He'd previously seen Waterworld and knew what needed to be done. F*cking people judging him.

Josh_Alexander
Superman isn't lifting that hammer. No way.

BrolyBlack
Superman lifts it, Josh Alexander cries himself to sleep.

WolvesofBabylon
Yes

Silent Master
Why?

Josh_Alexander
Why?

Fallacies are common arround here, that's why.

BruceSkywalker
Supes is a murdering bastard, he doesn't lift the hammer

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
Heh... if Superman isn't worthy enough to lift Mjolnir then literally NO ONE is.. including Thor, himself lol.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to vote on this poll... more technical issues.

Silent Master
What makes DCEU Superman worthy?

steverules_2

Silent Master
Tony sacrificed himself during the Battle of New York, he still couldn't lift it.

TheVaultDweller
Well, what do Cap, Vision and Thor have in common, in terms of positive characteristics? Because they are the three who have been Worthy enough to lift the hammer onscreen. Granted, it's all rather vague IMO.

quanchi112
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Heh... if Superman isn't worthy enough to lift Mjolnir then literally NO ONE is.. including Thor, himself lol.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to vote on this poll... more technical issues. He is not. You know it. He is not WW.

Darth Thor

Mindship
Worthy of heart, not in wisdom.
Verdict: hammer stays grounded.

TheVaultDweller

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Supes is a murdering bastard, he doesn't lift the hammer

In all seriousness, Superman killed Zod to save others he didn't murder him.

He also did him a favor because he was genetically bred to be a solider and yet had trouble fighting a scientist so he was clearly defective and needed killing.

TheVaultDweller
He also did him a favor because he was genetically bred to be a solider and yet had trouble fighting a scientist so he was clearly defective and needed killing.

When you get your ass kicked by the genetically bred nerd, you know you suck.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
When you get your ass kicked by the genetically bred nerd, you know you suck. thumb up

steverules_2
Tony sacrificed himself during the Battle of New York, he still couldn't lift it.

Like I said it was a guess, I dunno why people think he can

WolvesofBabylon
In all honesty Cap has been more worthy than even Thor since the beginning. The fact Thor(my favorite MCU character)who has shown plenty of character flaws since the beginning makes me think Superman should be able to wield it.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
In all honesty Cap has been more worthy than even Thor since the beginning. The fact Thor(my favorite MCU character)who has shown plenty of character flaws since the beginning makes me think Superman should be able to wield it.

Superman has shown to be merciless and violent. He had also been shown to be vengeful.

DCEU Superman isn't Worthy.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Superman has shown to be merciless and violent. He had also been shown to be vengeful.

DCEU Superman isn't Worthy.

Just curious what scenes you are referring to. Please list them.

SquallX

Eon Blue

Josh_Alexander

He beating and making fun of a much weaker opponent in the likes of Batman.

He being vengeful against Batman in JL.

They guy is just not humble nor kind-hearted.

Silent Master

Cap failed to lift the hammer in AoU, he didn't become worthy until Endgame.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
A farmer whose seriously built and will snap your neck.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
A farmer whose seriously built and will snap your neck. Nah, an old and tired Batman beat the **** out of him. Without his powers he is not shit. Superman is a loser. He is no warrior he is not worthy. No shame in being a farm boy well there is but ya know.

WolvesofBabylon
Cap failed to lift the hammer in AoU, he didn't become worthy until Endgame.

You sure? Because Thor seemed to know Cap could lift it all along and wasnt surprised whatsoever. Why would he say "He knew it." That implies that Cap could/should have wielded it sooner.

Not to mention my post was my opinion that Cap seemed a more worthy individual than Thor based on their character portrayal. I am aware that it was part of Thors storyline and what the writers wrote for Thor to be worthy but based on what I have seen Cap was more worthy from the get go in my opinion.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
He beating and making fun of a much weaker opponent in the likes of Batman.

He being vengeful against Batman in JL.

They guy is just not humble nor kind-hearted.

Oh you mean right after he just arose from the dead and wasnt aware of what was going on. I thought the movie was pretty obvious in pointing that out

Silent Master
You sure? Because Thor seemed to know Cap could lift it all along and wasnt surprised whatsoever. Why would he say "He knew it." That implies that Cap could/should have wielded it sooner.

Not to mention my post was my opinion that Cap seemed a more worthy individual than Thor based on their character portrayal. I am aware that it was part of Thors storyline and what the writers wrote for Thor to be worthy but based on what I have seen Cap was more worthy from the get go in my opinion.

Yes, we all saw Cap and several other Avengers fail to lift Mjolnir in AoU.

We aren't using your definition of worthy, we are using the MCU's and according to the MCU even Cap didn't become worthy until Endgame.

WolvesofBabylon
Yes, we all saw Cap and several other Avengers fail to lift Mjolnir in AoU.

We aren't using your definition of worthy, we are using the MCU's and according to the MCU even Cap didn't become worthy until Endgame.

Well the Russo's agree with me

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/15/avengers-russo-brothers-confirm-captain-america-always-wield-thors-mjolnir-10577107/

And I am aware they didnt direct AoU

Josh_Alexander
Oh you mean right after he just arose from the dead and wasnt aware of what was going on. I thought the movie was pretty obvious in pointing that out

Ehh..He recognized Batman and was clearly thirsty for revenge.

He attacking the JL was being unconscious

Silent Master

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/15/avengers-russo-brothers-confirm-captain-america-always-wield-thors-mjolnir-10577107/

IOW, that was just their opinion and not something they had any say in.

BTW, we argue screen feats, not opinions from interviews.

WolvesofBabylon
IOW, that was just their opinion and not something they had any say in.

BTW, we argue screen feats, not opinions from interviews.

It makes more sense that he could based on Thor's comment as well. Why would he say he knew Cap could do it? It also makes no sense that he could even make it budge if he wasnt worthy. You either are worthy or you arent or was Cap 51% worthy and Iron Man 49% thats why he could make it budge. That is just dumb.

Maybe the Russos including that line from Thor was retconning that scene fromSoU.

Silent Master
Speculation isn't canon, only what is shown on screen counts and what was shown on screen is that Cap failed to lift Mjolnir in AoU.

Edit: Not that this matters as Cap being able to lift it doesn't prove that DCEU Superman could as they are completely different characters

Robtard

That makes the most sense now after the fact we've seen all the Avenger's films.

Cap was always worthy, since he's been the same standup guy all along.

'Our interpretation of the famous scene in Ultron was that when he realized he could pick up Mjolnir he quickly chose not to, because he didn’t want to embarrass Thor.' -snip

Hence Thor's "I KNEW IT!" cry when the moment finally happened.' -snip

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
That makes the most sense now after the fact we've seen all the Avenger's films.

Cap was always worthy, since he's been the same standup guy all along.

'Our interpretation of the famous scene in Ultron was that when he realized he could pick up Mjolnir he quickly chose not to, because he didn’t want to embarrass Thor.' -snip

Hence Thor's "I KNEW IT!" cry when the moment finally happened.' -snip

Honestly that makes no sense. He hardly nudges it a few centimetres. Not enough time to realise he can lift it but decide he better not.

cdtm
He's a quick study. And he probably went in preparing not to even try, felt it start to move, and had an "Oh shit" moment as he let it go.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Honestly that makes no sense. He hardly nudges it a few centimetres. Not enough time to realise he can lift it but decide he better not.

Makes more sense than just nudging it honestly. So Cap is only 51% worthy and Iron man is 25% worthy? That's why he moved it? You are either worthy or youre not. Feige is on board with that as well.

But back to the topic I still think by the end of JL Superman would be able to wield it.

cdtm
I liked Kurt Busiek's interpretation of "conditional worthiness", where only Thor is worthy to weild it 24/7, period, and anyone else who meets certain conditions can weild it, but only in times of great need or exceptional circumstances.

So everyone that used Mjolnir in the comics, could at other times be unable to move it in inch, because that need is no longer there.

It's a neat concept, but then you have to explain why someone like Beta Ray Bill was able to lift of. Did the hammer detect a need here? Perhaps it sensed he could be a good ally of Asgard, and that Odin would be interested in using him to test his son?

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by cdtm
I liked Kurt Busiek's interpretation of "conditional worthiness", where only Thor is worthy to weild it 24/7, period, and anyone else who meets certain conditions can weild it, but only in times of great need or exceptional circumstances.

So everyone that used Mjolnir in the comics, could at other times be unable to move it in inch, because that need is no longer there.

It's a neat concept, but then you have to explain why someone like Beta Ray Bill was able to lift of. Did the hammer detect a need here? Perhaps it sensed he could be a good ally of Asgard, and that Odin would be interested in using him to test his son?

That does make some sense honestly

Silent Master
Makes more sense than just nudging it honestly. So Cap is only 51% worthy and Iron man is 25% worthy? That's why he moved it? You are either worthy or youre not. Feige is on board with that as well.

But back to the topic I still think by the end of JL Superman would be able to wield it.

Why?

cdtm
Why?

Because it's never worked other then an either/or preposition.

You can move it. You can't move.

Cap moved it.

Inhuman

Not him but...

- Constant passive aggressive behavior in MOS.
-Trashed the work truck of a guy in a bar he had a slight argument with. Probably got the guy fired and ruined his life.

- Destroyed a multi million dollar piece of military equipment in front of the military and threatened them. "Dont spy on me or else!" Leaving all the tons of wreckage there for the military to clean up. And just flies off. Yeah the military and government should be totally fine with an alien that can kill anyone be roaming around free. When the same type of aliens leveled a city earlier.

- Not once during the city fight did Clark give a shit about any casualties or civilians.
When the fight was over, Clark decides to shove his tongue down Louise's throat all while ignoring the city background where there were thousands of dead and burning bodies screaming for help. During the kiss, the ashes of the dead civilians are falling down on them.

Forgetting a few more from MOS, and BVS, JL..... Like the montage of Supes saving people with a disgusted look on his face.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Inhuman
Not him but...

-Trashed the work truck of a guy in a bar he had a slight argument with. Probably got the guy fired and ruined his life.

- Destroyed a multi million dollar piece of military equipment in front of the military and threatened them. "Dont spy on me or else!" Leaving all the tons of wreckage there for the military to clean up. And just flies off. Yeah the military and government should be totally fine with an alien that can kill anyone be roaming around free. When the same type of aliens leveled a city earlier.

- Not once during the city fight did Clark give a shit about any casualties or civilians.
When the fight was over, Clark decides to shove his tongue down Louise's throat all while ignoring the city background where there were thousands of dead and burning bodies screaming for help. During the kiss, the ashes of the dead civilians are falling down on them.

Forgetting a few more from MOS, and BVS, JL..... Like the montage of Supes saving people with a disgusted look on his face.

By the end of JL you feel he was the same Superman as MOS? Because to be fair at one point Thor was not even worthy either but changed.

Inhuman
By the end of JL you feel he was the same Superman as MOS? Because to be fair at one point Thor was not even worthy either but changed.

Thor is worthy by being the son of Odin and Asgardian. He was still worthy of it when he was a spoiled brat. Odin had to take off the enchantment by force.
Outside of being the Son of Odin, you have to be worthy being a person similar to Cap, or to newborn Vision.
You cant compare Thor to Superman or anyone else because Thor is worthy by blood. Not by his morals and actions like Cap has to be to lift Mjolnir.
This is basically how it has gone down in the MCU.

Josh_Alexander
Not him but...

thumb up

Exactly what I had in mind, just didn't feel like bothering.

Nice summary.

Silent Master
Because it's never worked other then an either/or preposition.

You can move it. You can't move.

Cap moved it.

That doesn't explain why JL Superman would be worthy.

WolvesofBabylon
Thor is worthy by being the son of Odin and Asgardian. He was still worthy of it when he was a spoiled brat. Odin had to take off the enchantment by force.
Outside of being the Son of Odin, you have to be worthy being a person similar to Cap, or to newborn Vision.
You cant compare Thor to Superman or anyone else because Thor is worthy by blood. Not by his morals and actions like Cap has to be to lift Mjolnir.

Ok I can concede that point about Thor. That actually is something I didn't consider but does make sense.

cdtm
That doesn't explain why JL Superman would be worthy.

Because he's Superman!

The paragon of virtue. The guy who you can count on to repel an alien invasion, and not leave your home, town, city, and state a smoking hole in the ground, as he makes out with a beautiful woman on a mountain of corpses.

Would Superman ever do those things, I ask you! mad

Silent Master
Because he's Superman!

The paragon of virtue. The guy who you can count on to repel an alien invasion, and not leave your home, town, city, and state a smoking hole in the ground, as he makes out with a beautiful woman on a mountain of corpses.

Would Superman ever do those things, I ask you! mad

Joking aside, that does appear to be some people's argument.

Darth Thor

Iron Man never nudged it.

I dont think Feige confirmed that. If he did I concede the point. Just think its kind of silly.

Id argue he was worthy, but testing his worthiness as some kind of competition wasnt a worthy intention. Hence it nudged.

Or just that his heart wasnt really in it to move it.

Anything makes more sense than him realising and purposefully stopping as it moves a few millimetres.

We see Thors worried expression so him shouting I KNEW IT makes sense either way.

h1a8
Wrong! Thor is worthy due to his character change. In Thor he wasn't worthy until the end of the movie.

Surtur
Superman decides if he can't wield it nobody can and snaps the hammers neck.

/endthread

Stigma
^ LOL

By the end of JL Supes can probably lift it. By the end of Endgame Tony could as well naughty

quanchi112
Superman is not worthy and it drives Superman fans nuts.

ShadowFyre
Why would Superman be any more worthy in any of the movies. His character changed like 0% in bvs and jl

Eon Blue
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman is not worthy and it drives Superman fans nuts.

thumb up

ShadowFyre
What noble act did he commit in JL? He attacked his own friends and punched a guy in the face.

I doubt he even really saved that apartment building tbh, going by his track record, I'm surprised he didn't powerbomb it into a volcano.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
What noble act did he commit in JL? He attacked his own friends and punched a guy in the face.

I doubt he even really saved that apartment building tbh, going by his track record, I'm surprised he didn't powerbomb it into a volcano.

Well he didnt slaughter the whole planet for starters, never once tried to score with Wonder Woman which probably is harder to do than beat Thanos and he also wasnt an internet bully like Thor. Not to mention he didn't make out with the love of his life niece.

Did you even watch the movie?

quanchi112
Well he didnt slaughter the whole planet for starters, never once tried to score with Wonder Woman which probably is harder to do than beat Thanos and he also wasnt an internet bully like Thor. Not to mention he didn't make out with the love of his life niece.

Did you even watch the movie? There is no reason to believe he is worthy save your own inherent bias.

Batman beat Superman one on one. Teehee. Bruce Wayne has a better case of being worthy. He actually has skill unlike Superman.

WolvesofBabylon
There is no reason to believe he is worthy save your own inherent bias.

Batman beat Superman one on one. Teehee. Bruce Wayne has a better case of being worthy. He actually has skill unlike Superman.

Well he did buy the bank so Martha could move back home. That's more worthy than anything Cap or Thor ever did.

quanchi112
Well he did buy the bank so Martha could move back home. That's more worthy than anything Cap or Thor ever did. Money does not determine worthiness. That is more or less a shot at how pathetic Superman was.

WolvesofBabylon
Money does not determine worthiness. That is more or less a shot at how pathetic Superman was.

Sounds like something a poor person would say honestly. Superman can do whatever he wants and refrains. He has absolute power and it has not corrupted him.

Silent Master
Superman has done nothing to indicate he'd be worthy.

BruceSkywalker
only batman the animated series is worthy, the rest aren't

quanchi112
Sounds like something a poor person would say honestly. Superman can do whatever he wants and refrains. He has absolute power and it has not corrupted him. The dude could not beat Batman, save his mom after DD killed him, leave finances for his mom, save his step dad, real dads a.i., etc.

The guy is a failure no wonder you love him. He is so bad warner has not made anything related to a superman film since JL damaged their brand and set them back. Dc is shit and no one cares.

laughing out loud

SHM
The dude could not beat Batman, save his mom after DD killed him, leave finances for his mom, save his step dad, real dads a.i., etc.

The guy is a failure no wonder you love him. He is so bad warner has not made anything related to a superman film since JL damaged their brand and set them back. Dc is shit and no one cares.

laughing out loud

YeAh! Ir0n-MaN 1s MuCh C00leR thAn SuPerMan!1 MaRvEL RUleZ aNd DC sUckZ!1 L0L0L0L0L!!1

That's how you sound.

Anyway guys, regardless of Superman being able to lift Thor's hammer or not, we can all reach the conclusion here, that quanchi112 is still a pathetic fanboy.

Dr Will Hatch
Christopher Reeve Superman? Sure. DCEU Superman? No.

Silent Master
Supermurderer isn't worthy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.