Homelander vs. Brightburn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Fight in the fields of Wakanda. All out fight between these two superman clones. Who wins?

juggerman
I almost made this thread a few days ago but didn't think there was enough feats to figure it out. I'd personally go with Homelander because he seems to be quicker on the trigger. Brandon likes toying around more but honestly IDK if they could hurt each other

Adam Grimes
Homelander.

John Murdoch
Haven't seen Brightburn yet, just the trailer, but read the synopsis on Wikipedia. I'll back Homelander in my ignorance.

Great thread idea, Froth!

BruceSkywalker
Gotta go with Homelander...

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Haven't seen Brightburn yet, just the trailer, but read the synopsis on Wikipedia. I'll back Homelander in my ignorance.

brightburn was a pretty decent film.. if you ever get the chance check it out

NemeBro
Brightburn would rush Homelander at full speed and the impact of hitting his chest would turn Brandon into a smear on the road.

Robtard
If Homelander is supposed to be basically Superman in the series, then he takes this, as it's adult Superman vs kid Superman.

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch

Thanks. Just finished watching Brightburn last night (and The Boys last week) and thought that these two characters were pretty similar.

Homelander has more experience and is more in control of his powers. Brightburn is more psycho and has slightly more feats on his side.

Impediment
Homelander rapes Brandon, but not in the sexy way.

Surtur
Homelanders kid is gonna essentially be brandon lol.

But yeah he b*tch slaps him.

FrothByte
Out of curiosity, what feats do Homelander have that convinces you guys that he stomps Brandon?

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
Out of curiosity, what feats do Homelander have that convinces you guys that he stomps Brandon? Homelander doesn't have as many feats, but he scales to pretty much everyone else.

I think Homelander hits harder because Maeve does, considering she stopped a train with a punch.

In terms of durability even Starlight has somewhat better feats (I think Butcher's gun was a .50 caliber) and apparently no weapon can harm Homelander.

In terms of strength, even A-Train has better feats, like pulling that train.

As for speed, that one's harder, but if he really did outspeed that C4 explosion when he saved Butcher that is better than any of Brandon's feats.

It could change with a Brightburn sequel but for now while both characters have undefined upper limits, the lower limits of Homelander look higher.

KingD19
Well nothing can supposedly hurt Brandon except for the metal of his ship.

Surtur
Look at the effort brandon put into lifting a car versus people lesser than Homelander letting cars slam into them with no effect.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
Look at the effort brandon put into lifting a car versus people lesser than Homelander letting cars slam into them with no effect.

To be fair, slowly trying to lift a car and allowing it to slam into you are two different things. Brandon did take down a whole building just by flying through it.

Surtur
I recall him flying through stuff multiple times, but not one shotting a building.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Surtur
I recall him flying through stuff multiple times, but not one shotting a building. It happened in the end credits.

0RwE13mlDqc

42 seconds in. It's not really clear how he destroyed it though, he certainly wasn't flying very fast at the end.

TheVaultDweller
Interesting thread. Going by implied power, I'd have to go with Homelander though. It helps him a lot that there were a bunch of other superheroes with feats on the show who were all scared shitless and implied to be weaker than him. But I hope we get another Brightburn film with the story progressed a few years. See what he can do as an older teen/young adult maybe. Could go full adult, but if you jump too far ahead in the timeline, you have to start changing the entire world in the story to reflect that as well, which is an added hassle.

NemeBro
Yeah, Homelander gets a lot of hype as canonically the strongest supe in the setting, so I think scaling him to every supe in strength and durability and every supe but A-Train (who is apparently the fastest man in the world) in speed is fair.

Like I said, their upper levels are hard to define since both have done what they've done fairly easily and both have only used their powers to easily butcher humans onscreen, but while Homelander has every other member of the Seven (many of whom have good feats) terrified of crossing him and subservient to him due to his power, Brandon doesn't have anyone to scale off of yet.

ShadowFyre
I haven't seen brightburn but that WW and Aquaman Easter egg was ****ing awesome

KingD19
We know the monster aquaman is strong enough to sink oil tankers.

cdtm
If his power levels are same as the comics, Homelander isn't all that durable. A nuke could end him, and depleted uranium rounds could shred him As they had his more powerful evil clone, Black Noir.

Until we see more from Super Incel, it's impossible to say for sure, but I'd bet no weapon on Earth could touch him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.