Edward gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
I think this is a better match for Edward. To the death. No mind reading .

Round 1. Quicksilver (mcu)
Round 2. Guyver (movie)
Round 3. Obi Wan Kenobi
Round 4. Riot
Round 5. Ragnarok Hulk. Edward gets Thors gladiator gear.

If he clears

Bonus round. Anime Guyver (Edward gets all his powers from the movies and books)

Can we give the Edward matches a break please?

TheVaultDweller
It depends. How do people rate Edward's durability compared to pre-final form Ultron Prime? Because depending on the answer, he could possibly stop at one, against Quicksilver. I'm not all that familiar with the Twi-vamps though.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11134/111342449/6627503-quickgif2.gif

A few more feats:

This is probably his best overall "speedster" feat, due to both the speed and complexity of the action:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11123/111230072/5927319-3579137702-59266.gif

Wrecking some Ultron drones:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11123/111230072/5926533-8571700734-giphy.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EntireVictoriousCentipede-size_restricted.gif

And even those drones were shrugging off gunfire from the civilian troops and Maria Hill.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111285144/5210645-may%2016%2C%202016%2018%3A54.gif

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111285144/5210627-may%2016%2C%202016%2018%3A18.gif

I've seen people bring up the fact that Black Widow's guns were working on them. But IIRC, those were the only conventional firearms that did. And Tony also specifically mentions in AoU that he designs all the Avengers gear. So, it's probably a case that she has better, armor piercing ammunition.

Gce_S8_C_qY

They were also flipping cars over and tunneling through concrete.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111285144/5210613-may%2016%2C%202016%2018%3A01.gif

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111285144/5210616-may%2016%2C%202016%2018%3A35.gif

KingD19
He's tougher than them. By a lot. The movies can't show as much as the books can describe, but since they are one and the same I'll list some feats the book has explained in far more detail.

Edward has every confidence if he was in a plane crash, he'd survive.

His dad, Carlisle tried committing suicide by jumping from insane heights. It didn't work.

His brother, Emmett, the physically strongest of the Cullens tried to push him while they were standing on stone, and when Ed braced himself, the stone below them cracked open.

Vampires very cells are comparable to diamond, which is why they're so tough and sparkly. Each individual cell is a molecule sized diamond that reflects light and adds overall durability.

And of course the van scene was just as much durability as strength, as he didn't budge an inch and stopped a speeding multi-ton vehicle skidding out of control. In the books it was even more impressive because Ed just turned and let the van hit him to cradle Bella, so it left an imprint of his upper body in the frame.

He might not be as fast, but Edward could do that exact same thing to those drones imo.

Actually, he might be faster than Pietro.

As Edward has traveled hours worth of distance in a few minutes. He also estimated he could kill a room of 19 people in 5 seconds, snapping 4-5 necks per second.

Even Bella as a Newblood Vampire is still slower than Ed, and she said an 84th of a second was plenty of time for her to fully take in her surroundings and calculate how to jump across a river while she was in high speed movement.

TheVaultDweller
How much of that is actually shown/stated onscreen? You know as well as I do that books mean diddly squat in MVF. The MVF golden rule is clear and Imp has made specific rulings about this kind of thing in the past before.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
How much of that is actually shown/stated onscreen? You know as well as I do that books mean diddly squat in MVF. The MVF golden rule is clear and Imp has made specific rulings about this kind of thing in the past before.

As I said it's hard for them to do exactly what was stated in the books. I remember several movie feats but not in great detail. And I haven't been able to find a respect thread for the films. Only books.

ShadowFyre
Just to be clear, in th bonus round I'm specifically letting all of his book feats count as his opponent is quite powerful.

And both of you made great points. I personally do not think any of these matchups are one sided.

FrothByte
Book Edward would be pretty hard to beat, as his telepathy gives him extra fast reactions on top of his super speed plus he has far better feats.

That said, movie Edward is no pushover easily. He was able to uproot that tree and palm a van. In his fight with the big Volturi they were pretty much just blurs.

I honestly think he has a good shot at clearing, might have some issues with the last 2 matches. Not familiar enough with anime Guyver to call the bonus round.

ShadowFyre
Anime Guyver operates at way past bullet speed all of his abilities from movies are significantly enhanced and he can fly and shoot gravity beams,lazers,Regen and a few other things

KingD19
Anime guyver is strong enough to destroy an entire mountain with his chest canon.

ShadowFyre
Yeah, but Edwards not gonna stand there for 2 to 3 seconds while it charges up

Anime Guyver has been killed multiple times in the show. I should specify this is only Guyver Unit 1 from the first episode. He has just been attached

Surtur
If we do go by statements I think the woman who wrote twilight said a rocket launcher could kill a vamp.

It's very weird because I don't think we've ever seen any regeneration. Never anything like "vamp gets cut or shot and we see it heal on screen". Though it is said you have to rip them to pieces and then burn them to kill them. On the other hand we've seen people act like a vamp is dead just by seeing them decapitated.

Yet we have some regen feats for werewolves I think. Jacob clearly was regenerating after that vamp squeezed him.

Also in the books the werewolves aren't even werewolves, werewolves are separate. But I also read that in the books wolves like Jacob and the others can hurt vamps with their bites because of a specific weakness they have to them. In the movies it seems the wolves are doing it based on pure strength.

KingD19
Originally posted by Surtur
If we do go by statements I think the woman who wrote twilight said a rocket launcher could kill a vamp.

It's very weird because I don't think we've ever seen any regeneration. Never anything like "vamp gets cut or shot and we see it heal on screen". Though it is said you have to rip them to pieces and then burn them to kill them. On the other hand we've seen people act like a vamp is dead just by seeing them decapitated.

Yet we have some regen feats for werewolves I think. Jacob clearly was regenerating after that vamp squeezed him.

Also in the books the werewolves aren't even werewolves, werewolves are separate. But I also read that in the books wolves like Jacob and the others can hurt vamps with their bites because of a specific weakness they have to them. In the movies it seems the wolves are doing it based on pure strength.

Nope. She said it would take a huge bomb going off basically in their face to be hot enough to actually incinerate them. But they'd have to stand there in the explosion for the entire time.

We see Edward heal when fighting Felix for Bella's safety. He gets hit and slammed a few times really hard and his skin cracks, then it heals right back up. But if a vampire is dismembered, they can literally lick the wound and stick their arm or whatever back on and their venom will heal it. Thats why you're supposed to burn them, because their venom is like napalm and will burn them up from the inside. That also goes to show how tough they are. Even other creatures with similar or greater strength have an insanely hard time hurting or killing them.

It's also explained in the movies that the Quiluete Shifters aren't werewolves. They're descended from a Native Spirit Warrior Chieftain who lost his body while in the spirit world, and made a deal with a great wolf to enter his body. And after he won against the guy who stole his body, he gained the ability to shapeshift into a giant wolf whenever he wanted. And that ability was passed on to Jacob's family and two others through the generations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoqG1aVUbx0 - Full explanation on Taha Aki, the first shifter.

They only use pure bite force and the strength of their fangs to hurt/kill vampires. There's no extra. It's just they're literally giant spirit wolves so they're no slouches.

The true werewolves, "Children of the Moon" were so powerful that a single wolf will more than likely win against a vampire, while it took multiple shifters to take down a single one. The vampires took advantage of the fact that the Children moved with maybe 2 people at a time to overwhelm them with numbers and hunt them to extinciton.

FrothByte

You do see Edward regen in the 2nd movie when he fights the big Volturi.

Adam Grimes
The werewolves were even more powerful than Vampires? Lmao

KingD19
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Yeah. One almost killed the head of the Volturi and he was terrified of them for the next 2,000 years. So they took their army and hunted them all down one by one.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Nope. She said it would take a huge bomb going off basically in their face to be hot enough to actually incinerate them. But they'd have to stand there in the explosion for the entire time.

We see Edward heal when fighting Felix for Bella's safety. He gets hit and slammed a few times really hard and his skin cracks, then it heals right back up. But if a vampire is dismembered, they can literally lick the wound and stick their arm or whatever back on and their venom will heal it. Thats why you're supposed to burn them, because their venom is like napalm and will burn them up from the inside. That also goes to show how tough they are. Even other creatures with similar or greater strength have an insanely hard time hurting or killing them.

It's also explained in the movies that the Quiluete Shifters aren't werewolves. They're descended from a Native Spirit Warrior Chieftain who lost his body while in the spirit world, and made a deal with a great wolf to enter his body. And after he won against the guy who stole his body, he gained the ability to shapeshift into a giant wolf whenever he wanted. And that ability was passed on to Jacob's family and two others through the generations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoqG1aVUbx0 - Full explanation on Taha Aki, the first shifter.

They only use pure bite force and the strength of their fangs to hurt/kill vampires. There's no extra. It's just they're literally giant spirit wolves so they're no slouches.

The true werewolves, "Children of the Moon" were so powerful that a single wolf will more than likely win against a vampire, while it took multiple shifters to take down a single one. The vampires took advantage of the fact that the Children moved with maybe 2 people at a time to overwhelm them with numbers and hunt them to extinciton.

I stand corrected on the healing. Yeah I know the wolves got their powers via spirit shenanigans.

Surtur

I'm sure they possess the power to bust out of their shirts at the speed of light and probably can brood with such force everything within miles falls to their knees.

Adam Grimes
I'm sure they possess the power to bust out of their shirts at the speed of light and probably can brood with such force everything within miles falls to their knees. That would still be well below Edward's level, though.

FrothByte

Well, wolves are generally superior to humans in a direct, unarmed physical conflict. So it kinda makes sense that a supernatural wolf is also more powerful than a supernatural human.

KingD19
It basically goes
CotM
Vampires
Shifters

In terms of formidabiity.

ShadowFyre
How do y'all think he beats movie Guyver? He can block bullets, has lasers, and his vibroblades. Just bumrushes him?

And Riot? If he is able to get ahold of him Edward would be in serious trouble? Can the symbiote read his mind?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well, wolves are generally superior to humans in a direct, unarmed physical conflict. So it kinda makes sense that a supernatural wolf is also more powerful than a supernatural human. I was talking about the so called Children of the Moon (awesome name btw) since I didn't know they even existed. Jacob and co are more or less equal-ish to vampires. Aren't they?

ShadowFyre
Kinda. If they had 2 wolves were equal to one actual vamp, unless the wolf got the drop on em inguess

KingD19
The shifters are nearly as strong as a vampire, but it often takes at least 2 shifters to take down a single vamp, and probably an average one at that.

Also I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the movies but vampires are not only bulletproof, but more than fast enough to dodge bullets, block them, or pick them out of the air. Or they should be but again that's explained in detail in the books so I'm not sure what they intended in the films.

Surtur
Do the books explain they can pluck bullets out of the air or actually feature it happening?

KingD19
They move at speeds so fast in the books that they'd be able to see bullets coming if they were shot at.

They're moving insane distances in fractions of seconds like 1/⁶⁴ and having full awareness of every detail of their environment while moving at those speeds. It's how they can haul ass at several hundred mph and not smack into trees in the woods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.