Gears 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdavidthier%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F09%2FCapture-1-1200x677.jpg

q_Qi14S4Djw
fi-r-hBnCp4

So this launches Friday. I played the hell out of Gears multiplayer since the second entry so I'll obviously be there Day 1. Is anyone else interested?

cdtm
After you've played Doom, kind of hard to go back to Gears.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cdtm
After you've played Doom, kind of hard to go back to Gears. Doom 2016? Game was fun for the first couple of levels but it got tedious really quickly IMO. Also, it plays nothing like Gears (story or multiplayer). The only thing they have in common is the abundance of gore, so that seems like a weird comparison. It's like saying Nier makes it hard to go back to Pokemon.

Smasandian
Yeah....strange comparison. There isn't too much out there that is similiar to Gears.

Of course, there is cover based shooters like The Division but it's not the same. I'm looking forward to playing it.

Arachnid1
I think this is the best Gears we've had yet. Tons of content. The campaign is fantastic too. I can tell they put a lot of heart into it.

Smasandian
The graphics are incredibly on the Xbox One X.

By far the best looking console game out there. Very high production values.

cdtm
Hard to imagine Gears 2 being dethroned as best Gears.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by cdtm
Hard to imagine Gears 2 being dethroned as best Gears. Gears 2 is my favorite too. So far, this has had an outstanding start. I'll need to finish the campaign and see the complete story before I claim it's definitely better, but it has a solid chance.

Khazra Reborn
Once they ditched Marcus and the original crew, I fell off. I'm looking for something new to play though

cdtm
Warhammer Space Marine feels very much like Gears with better melee and no cover.

If you like the dark tone, give Dead Space a try.

If the gameplay, can't go wrong with Vanqush.

Khazra Reborn
That's funny, I actually just blew through the Dead Space trilogy a few weeks ago.

cdtm
Allright then thumb up

I could go on and on about last gen stuff, and know nothing about current gen, but really depends on what you like. There are plenty of cover based shooters, if that's your thing (I forget the name, but one shooter had the name "Ghost" or "Ghost unit" in it)

If you just like good shooters, Fall of Cybertron is a fun one I replayed a few months back.

And, I don't know, there's always Darksiders to get into. I have both of then, but haven't gotten too deep into them yet.

cdtm
And if you have any sort of system from the last three years, you can do like me and just milk off of Epic Games. Some of their giveaways are quite good.

Inhuman
Never was a fan of all the wall hugging and the constant rolling around mechanics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.