Should the ban on Superman vs. threads be reinstated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
One of the many reasons we banned Superman threads in the first place(even though it royally pissed off a few people) is because any cross-company threads involving him always seem to devolve into toxic stupidity... Always.

We then lifted the ban hoping that you guys would get the point and cut the shit, because it really shouldn't be that hard to keep things civil... But fast-forward a few months, and here we are again: Superman-based threads/discussions generate the most reports, and overall issues, BY FAR.

So my question is what YOU GUYS think should happen next? Looking for your honest opinions here.

*I'll keep this open until it either: a.) gets some solid/constructive feedback, or b.) until it starts going down the shitter(it IS still a Superman thread, after all.)

carver9
Here's the answers you will get...

Ban the people that disagrees with his power level.

Boom, that's it. There's your answer. How far will this go? Who knows? You get rid of that crew, do you ban anyone else that feels the same way? Who's making these Superman threads and why are so many being made? Your thread doesnt consist of an easy answer.

Classic NES
Don't ban them, but close them sooner than other threads, Like if you see a Superman thread going on for more than 10 pages shut it down.

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
Here's the answers you will get...

Ban the people that disagrees with his power level.

damn...carver imposes self-ban

celeyhyga17
ban is boring

playa1258
Probably would be wise especially with the Manhattan confrontation coming up.

xJLxKing
Keep in open. No point in banning out one of the biggest used heroes in the forum

However, i think you need to ban certain stipulation. It's about time we address the sundip power level. If not, ban that scenario

I'd also get a bit more strict on the trolling. At this point, the Superman threads are full of the same 3-4 trolls spewing ridiculous shit

Badabing
Originally posted by Galan007
One of the many reasons we banned Superman threads in the first place(even though it royally pissed off a few people) is because any cross-company threads involving him always seem to devolve into toxic stupidity... Always.

We then lifted the ban hoping that you guys would get the point and cut the shit, because it really shouldn't be that hard to keep things civil... But fast-forward a few months, and here we are again: Superman-based threads/discussions generate the most reports, and overall issues, BY FAR.

So my question is what YOU GUYS think should happen next? Looking for your honest opinions here.

*I'll keep this open until it either: a.) gets some solid/constructive feedback, or b.) until it starts going down the shitter(it IS still a Superman thread, after all.) Pr has a list of people we can ban. We can just add to the ban list until there is peace.

I almost just started banning people who were making crap Superman threads. Luckily I went to the gym, then fed on a rare steak. So I'm a bit more tolerant, for now.

NemeBro
No. thumb down

cdtm
Meant to vote 3, but my thumb got in the way and it came out two.

8swords
as a lurker in this site..I think that superman threads tend to devolve, is mostly due to some fanboy x vs fanboy y being uncivil.

temp ban when they get a little feisty IMO.

Badabing
Originally posted by cdtm
Meant to vote 3, but my thumb got in the way and it came out two. You have now been added to the ban list. thumb up

Super-fan1230
ban carver

DarkSaint85

*I'll keep this open until it either: a.) gets some solid/constructive feedback, or b.) until it starts going down the shitter(it IS still a Superman thread, after all.)

Don't ban the people who disagree with the power level. It's a debate site after all, we should all be able to hold differing opinions.

HOWEVER, we can also recognize the toxic behavior when it starts. None of us are new here, we know when people are being snide, or low-ballling, or just straight out lying.

Just have a mod ruling on whatever it is the mods believe happened with World Forger, for example. Clear cut, black and white. Then that nips any attempts at low-ballling in the bud.

I mean, we all know that Carver has his issues with the showing. Fine. Except when pressed to explain it, he won't do so, because he doesn't feel safe debating with a mod. Yet wouldn't debate it with others either.

But you can bet he will pop up here and there with the snide remarks on how it's the most debatable feat ever in the history of comics, lol.
So my solution is, make it non debatable with a ruling.

And yes, I name him, because honestly, even abhi at least branches out to other characters.

qwertyuiop1998
No, I personally dont think this is an appropriate solution.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
ban is boring

Superman threads are boring. They really are.

They're full of "Superman wins", "Superman speedblitzes" and "Superman one-shots" posts.

Ban them again, I say. At least till the DD Cock concludes. Forum was a much nicer place without this kryptonian nonsense.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by 8swords
as a lurker in this site..I think that superman threads tend to devolve, is mostly due to some fanboy x vs fanboy y being uncivil.

temp ban when they get a little feisty IMO. To be fair this has always been the way. To expand on that, triggering people who take comic characters too seriously needs to happen.

MrMind
seriously though, if you ban superman vs any marvel characters, then there won't be no butthurt, be no trolls.

StiltmanFTW
Oh, don't you worry about that. There'll be plenty.

DarkSaint85
And banning Superman just makes things move to a different character.

Next it will be Cyborg Superman. Then Superboy. Then Doomsday. Then Shazam. Then Black Adam. Etc etc. They will all be scaled off Supes.

As it's been said in a canon comic, all roads lead back to Superman.

Bentley
Just make a rule that allows you to only discuss in one thread of the Superman characters at the time and check who can be civil enough to respect that rule

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And banning Superman just makes things move to a different character.

Next it will be Cyborg Superman. Then Superboy. Then Doomsday. Then Shazam. Then Black Adam. Etc etc. They will all be scaled off Supes.

As it's been said in a canon comic, all roads lead back to Superman.

I see what you're saying.

Let's ban DC thumb up

Philosophía

Philosophía
I just noticed I wrote Darkseid instead of Darksaint.

Fitting.

-Pr-

MrMind
Stilt copied that slip from me

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Fk15H6PjBis/hqdefault.jpg

Philosophía
You both seem to be slipping on cocks a lot, tbh. thumb up

MrMind

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
Thread, with a link to the original argument.

I remember one of my first interactions with him, when he said Superman's mind was all over the place after he sundipped in OWAW.

That's when I knew he had never read it:

WAIT! Galan has shown the exact same page to carver before!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=560126&pagenumber=5

We are due another one next year; it's like the Olympics with Carv.

My point: Maybe not a ruling - but a ruling THREAD? Where 'forum myths' are locked down, so we never need to keep rehashing the same arguments over and over and over again?

carver9
Dark, you're pointing me out a lot. I'm guessing it's due to me outright ignoring you which was intentional. The same day you asked me to answer your question that Pr asked, you mentioned me getting banned. Why would I answer your post when your intentions are to get rid of me? It's like you're setting me up. I should have kept you on ignore this entire time because I think things wouldve been better. Everything else, I agree with. A mod ruling would be sufficient but would that help? A lot of people hated the fact that Galan removed Superman from the forum.

ShadowFyre
No. I do not think you should because people should be adult enough about this.

But my question is, if so many people truly believe that he is this multiversal being every time he sundips. Why are they still making matches with him vs. hulk/Thor etc?

carver9
Superman one punch kill Thor...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=662701&highlight=%22Superman+vs%22

I'm being civil asking for fts and Philo tells me to be a man.. lol

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=662587&highlight=%22Superman+vs%22

That's a good way for this to go.

I say the Annihilators win and get attacked. Lol...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=662528&pagenumber=2

At the end of the day, I can post numerous of threads like this. People can go in and say "Hulk gets one shot killed" or "Gladiator and Superman heat vision each other melting Hulk during the process", they can get away with things like that but if I vote against a certain character, it is a problem.

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
No. I do not think you should because people should be adult enough about this.

But my question is, if so many people truly believe that he is this multiversal being every time he sundips. Why are they still making matches with him vs. hulk/Thor etc?

EXACTLY!!! It's obviously baiting. One person even put wanked characters in the thread. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. I dont see anyone going around bashing when people go in threads calling Hulk low meta or Thor street level or Silver Surfer slow.

Martian_mind
I'd ban the posters, TBH. I mean, if I see a thread that puts Superman against a character, I'm not going to avoid it because Superman is in the title. If I see that a few...select posters, have made the latest post, however, then i know for a fact that the thread will have devolved into an absolute shit-show.

Diesldude

cdtm
Superman one punch kill Thor...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=662701&highlight=%22Superman+vs%22

I'm being civil asking for fts and Philo tells me to be a man.. lol

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=662587&highlight=%22Superman+vs%22

That's a good way for this to go.

I say the Annihilators win and get attacked. Lol...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=662528&pagenumber=2

At the end of the day, I can post numerous of threads like this. People can go in and say "Hulk gets one shot killed" or "Gladiator and Superman heat vision each other melting Hulk during the process", they can get away with things like that but if I vote against a certain character, it is a problem.

This probably isn't a game you want to play, tbh. Whether you get trolled isn't in doubt, it's pretty darned obvious it happens.

Whether you do anything to earn it, is another story. Hence the "Don't play this game", because it will result in sooo many postings of point/counterpoint that no one wants to see..

BrolyBlack
Pretty much.

I mean, Carv even had two separate arguments, 4 years apart, on the exact same topic, with Galan. The first time, it ends with Carver saying 'yes, fine, you're right Galan', and then 4 years later, he pops up again, with the exact same argument (it was to do with OWAW, and how Imperieix Probes don't release energy when they explode, or some nonsense).

He then continues to argue that WWH regenerated his limbs, and matter manipulated his gladiator sandals and armour back.

Exactly the same argument. Hell, I'm not surprised if two years down the line, Carver starts arguing that Superman destroyed a tiny hollow planet AGAIN.

He'll then disappear, wait until the original thread was buried, then rear his head back up again.

This and what Philo said.

Certain people should just be banned from talking about Superman. Its pointless. Carvers brain doesn't work right when talking about Superman, its like it shuts down.

carver9
@Diesldude..

That is called DEBATING, not lying. Ya know, like when Stoic mentioned WBH destroyed a solar system and all of you ganged up on him saying he didnt. I couldve called all of you liars for not agreeing with Stoic opinion on the matter but you felt as if the ft was debatable and argued against it. It's like you all want me to agree with everything you say. Well, that's not going to happen. I gave my reasoning on why I felt like Superman dove into more than 6 suns and I debated it as well. You posting what the writers are saying, we know why that doesnt fly anymore.

carver9
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This and what Philo said.

Certain people should just be banned from talking about Superman. Its pointless. Carvers brain doesn't work right when talking about Superman, its like it shuts down.

laughing out loud

I miss you bro. So if I went into every thread saying Superman wins or Superman one shots, will that make things better? If I see someone say "Hulk is trash and will get melted by a single punch from Superman", i should agree with this, huh? Because it does happen, literally all of the time. I just posted one up above where someone said Gladiator and Superman heat vision clash will kill Hulk.

BrolyBlack

cdtm
Is it a lie if he believes it?

Like Anakin Skywalker defending the Sith being evil as a "point of view", despite the fact they're burning down temples and murdering kids. (Yeah, the side that builds a Death Star is totally not evil.)

It's absurd, but Anakin actually believed that. Maybe Carver really believes lies are only points of view.

In other words, maybe he's not a liar, but merely insane.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Is it a lie if he believes it?

Like Anakin Skywalker defending the Sith being evil as a "point of view", despite the fact they're burning down temples and murdering kids. (Yeah, the side that builds a Death Star is totally not evil.)

It's absurd, but Anakin actually believed that. Maybe Carver really believes lies are only points of view.

In other words, maybe he's not a liar, but merely insane.

confused

carver9
@Broly...

If that is how he views the ft then that is HIS opinion. I was just using that as an example. If I feel like Hulk, Thanos, Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel can beat anyone in the Herald tier, I'm entitled to that. I went into a thread and said that Gladiator could pull a majority against Superman and was basically told I act like a woman, prove my case. Would I have received the same response if I said Superman wins? It's like I am being forced to agree with the crowd or I am trolling. This doesnt just apply to me though, I'm just using myself as an example.

DarkSaint85
I switch between those views. Sometimes I think he's deliberately trolling, sometimes I think he's genuinely not understanding what's happening.

That's why I'm not in favour of banning him. But with mod rulings in place.

That doesn't excuse ALL his behavior, though. He knows full well that interviews are inadmissible....yet was perfectly happy to jump on interviews and argue their validity. When it suited him of course.

All my views are my own wink

DarkSaint85
@Broly...

If that is how he views the ft then that is HIS opinion. I was just using that as an example. If I feel like Hulk, Thanos, Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel can beat anyone in the Herald tier, I'm entitled to that. I went into a thread and said that Gladiator could pull a majority against Superman and was basically told I act like a woman, prove my case. Would I have received the same response if I said Superman wins? It's like I am being forced to agree with the crowd or I am trolling. This doesnt just apply to me though, I'm just using myself as an example.

Case in point.

You went into that thread and made stuff up, as if your opinion was a valid one (you said Gladiator could 'buff' his strength).

You are free to have your own opinion. But it's so frequently wrong and so badly wrong, that you get called out on it aLOT

carver9
Case in point.

You went into that thread and made stuff up, as if your opinion was a valid one (you said Gladiator could 'buff' his strength).

You are free to have your own opinion. But it's so frequently wrong and so badly wrong, that you get called out on it aLOT

That's what I THOUGHT and you all corrected me and i accepted that, lol. I've seen people on numerous of occasions disagree with you as well, so let's not pretend you're Moses here. I was wrong when I said that during that scene. Being wrong and lying are two completely different things. I admit, i was so excited about the scene that I read that part wrong.

Galan007
^ Let's please not turn yet another Superman thread into a bash-fest.

To reiterate:

I don't have an issue with people expressing their opinions on Superman as a character. He isn't everyone's cup of tea... I get it.

My issue is when people intentionally lowball/downplay his feats with a total lack of evidence, OR intentionally exaggerate his feats beyond reason... Especially when said opinions have been factually proven wrong multiple times. That's just people flagrantly trolling, and I'm sick of constantly dealing with it.

On top of that, people can rarely ever have a civil discussion about Superman. People on BOTH sides of the fence ALWAYS seem to turn the thread into a toxic bash-fest. Again, it's just ****ing annoying seeing the same problems surface time and time again.

I'd also add that banning people for stuff like this is typically a last resort. I disagree with Carver frequently, for example, but I still don't necessarily want to see him banned. That being said, there are several people who are VERY close to getting banned for this BS, so regardless of the final outcome here, I suggest calming down and staying civil.

It's comics, and we're all adults. One character shouldn't divide us like this. wink

Astner
What's toxic stupidity? Are they breaking rules?

Galan007
Bashing, trolling, flaming, etc.

So yes.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

I've said my 2 pence. We shouldn't ban the topic, or the poster, just because they have different opinions.

What I suggest is, we have a thread only mods can post in, and we can post rulings in there as and when needed. We should be able to realise when such events occur (WF, for example).

BrolyBlack
So my response to Carver got deleted?

xJLxKing

Galan007
thumb up

I've said my 2 pence. We shouldn't ban the topic, or the poster, just because they have different opinions.

What I suggest is, we have a thread only mods can post in, and we can post rulings in there as and when needed. We should be able to realise when such events occur (WF, for example). I'm curious to see what Pr and Bada think as well, because at this point i don't really know if that would fix the problem...

I like the idea though.

Super-fan1230
I'm curious to see what Pr and Bada think as well, because at this point i don't really know if that would fix the problem...

I like the idea though.
Galan , could you check your PM?

Galan007
Nope. thumb up

Philosophía
Yeah, I sent Galan PM two days ago and he hasn't answered.

He's ignoring all "superfans", super-fan.

The poll actually refers to us.

sad

Zack Fair
LMAO I come back after what feels like an eternity to find out SUpermn was banned from vs threads xD

darthgoober
thumb up

What I suggest is, we have a thread only mods can post in, and we can post rulings in there as and when needed. We should be able to realise when such events occur (WF, for example).
We have a thread for rulings, it just doesn't get updated every time a ruling is made. My suggestion would actually be to pin a thread specifically dedicated to clarifying and discussing rulings and such so there's less confusion about the logic being used to support or ban things. That would cut back on individual threads being derailed over such things and there'd probably be less confusion about which things apply and when.

cdtm
Another idea is make Carver global mod, and appoint him as the only mod able to resolve disputes by ruling.

The problem would sort itself out, I imagine.

BrolyBlack

DarkSaint85
I'm curious to see what Pr and Bada think as well, because at this point i don't really know if that would fix the problem...

I like the idea though.
I had too much faith.

We have a ruling that interviews are inadmissible.

Guess what, people still use them as evidence. Including some in this very thread, just now.

BrolyBlack

cdtm
WJVBvvS57j0

Arr.

cdtm
Originally posted by Badabing
You have now been added to the ban list. thumb up

Better a fair mod, then Impediment.

Can you believe he banned Quan? For trolling, he says!

Quan has never trolled anyone in his life. mad

Astner
Bashing, trolling, flaming, etc.

So yes.
Then ban those who engage in those types of behaviors, and eventually they'll stop. The bans don't have to be particularly long as long as they're handed out consistently they will deter posters from posting stupid shit.

cdtm
Originally posted by Astner
Then ban those who engage in those types of behaviors, and eventually they'll stop. The bans don't have to be particularly long as long as they're handed out consistently they will deter posters from posting stupid shit.

The problem is, very few posters engage in this behavior. And the few that do, are very clever about it.

-Pr-
Okay, so I thought about it, and... No, I don't think we should re-institute the ban. It might just be time to ban the people who make the threads as annoying to read as they are.

cdtm brought up a very good point earlier, asking if something is a lie if a person believes it. And in the case of questions like "who is more powerful?", there's always wiggle room to argue about things like that, so no, I don't consider that lying.

What is lying, though? When a comic blatantly states something, and people twist it to their own ends. Now, generally I have no issue when people will read a scene and take something non-featy from it. Like a character's motivation or their perception of something on a moral/ethical level. That shit is interesting, and it's part of the best debates about comics (imo).

Quantifiable feats, though? No. When the page states something, it states something. Unless the math is somehow wrong, like in the case of the Flash saving a Korean town feat. Is the math wrong? Yes, because the comic states that Flash saved everyone, and that statement carries more weight than the speed he was going. Literally. The feat is STILL quantifiable, though. People on this board alone have done the math.

If you're going to misinterpret a feat, by ANY character, then you're trolling. And I don't mean "Stilt shitting on Aquaman" trolling. I mean actual "I hate that Superman can beat my favourite character, so I'm going to act the fool about it" trolling. That just makes you a ****.

And for anyone that says "why can they say Superman stomps, but I can't say Hulk/Thor/Aquaman stomps?", yes you can. You have been doing it for over a decade. Stop being a liar. It doesn't make you clever, but the option has always been there.

==

The truth of it is, in years gone by you would have seen people like Philo, Juntai, myself and some others say things like "Superman is as powerful as he needs to be to win the battle", or talking about things like dynamic powersets. The reason the ban went in to effect at all was because with the World Forger feat, now DC was definitely, unequivocally saying it. It wasn't just one feat either, but it was that final straw that broke the camel's back.

There is no Marvel equivalent. There should be (and I think Hulk is the closest to it, and should be treated as such by writers), but there just isn't. Until there is, Superman is always going to be seen as having that extra gear that even his peers just can't keep up with.

Superman can beat pretty much everyone's favourite character. Even mine. You might not think it's right, but if your basis for liking your favourite character is how powerful they are, then that's your problem, and your business. It doesn't mean I have to listen to you whine about it.

carver9
Has anyone ever said characters like Thor or Hulk could pull a clean sweep against Superman though? We all know he can beat the best of them but there is still a debate to it imo. If we go into a thread knowing for a FACT a character is just going to win because it's that character, then what is the point in having this person in any threads? I agree with everything you said, except, I think if someone feels Thor could pull a 6/10, I wouldn't call that person a troll OR bash them for it. I've debated against a lot of people here that thinks Thor could pull a clean sweep against Hulk and I remained civil and did not call that person a troll or whatever even though I could post showings of Hulk caving Thor head in. Anything is debatable. Especially with power levels fluctuating per each writer.

NemeBro
Has anyone ever said characters like Thor or Hulk could pull a clean sweep against Superman though?

Hulk literary one punches him. Haven't see anything from Supes that gets him the win here.

JBL THE GREAT
In a comicbook, heros WILL be written to win against overwelming odds. Superman is NOT the only hero that does it, but its ALL controlled by who the writer wants to win. If the writer wants wonderman to punch through trion juggernauts shield and ko him, then its going to happen in a comic, there are no writets here.

JBL THE GREAT
In a comicbook, heros WILL be written to win against overwelming odds. Superman is NOT the only hero that does it, but its ALL controlled by who the writer wants to win. If the writer wants wonderman to punch through trion juggernauts shield and ko him, then its going to happen in a comic, there are no writers here. You cannot say a character is allmighty when he is allowed to beat galactus but has lost to damage or WW. You cannot have one without the other. Superman fans on KMC think that a forum battle is the same as a comicbook battle they read. Example, john cena beats bigshow in the ring as a storyline, but then they all go out to eat and cena and show gets into it foreal and show breaks cena jaw.

-Pr-
Has anyone ever said characters like Thor or Hulk could pull a clean sweep against Superman though? We all know he can beat the best of them but there is still a debate to it imo. If we go into a thread knowing for a FACT a character is just going to win because it's that character, then what is the point in having this person in any threads? I agree with everything you said, except, I think if someone feels Thor could pull a 6/10, I wouldn't call that person a troll OR bash them for it. I've debated against a lot of people here that thinks Thor could pull a clean sweep against Hulk and I remained civil and did not call that person a troll or whatever even though I could post showings of Hulk caving Thor head in. Anything is debatable. Especially with power levels fluctuating per each writer.

Jesus Christ; it's like you didn't read a word I said.

Also, what Nem said.

Originally posted by JBL THE GREAT
In a comicbook, heros WILL be written to win against overwelming odds. Superman is NOT the only hero that does it, but its ALL controlled by who the writer wants to win. If the writer wants wonderman to punch through trion juggernauts shield and ko him, then its going to happen in a comic, there are no writers here. You cannot say a character is allmighty when he is allowed to beat galactus but has lost to damage or WW. You cannot have one without the other. Superman fans on KMC think that a forum battle is the same as a comicbook battle they read. Example, john cena beats bigshow in the ring as a storyline, but then they all go out to eat and cena and show gets into it foreal and show breaks cena jaw.

One, you obviously didn't read it either, and two, you're missing the great, big, stinking point:

Most writers will never write Wonder Man doing ridiculous shit on a consistent basis.

They do, however, do that with Superman.

I should have expected as much from you, tbh.

JBL THE GREAT
Yes those writers will. They wrote spiderman beating firelord and a gas station explosion koing superman.

-Pr-
Yes those writers will. They wrote spiderman beating firelord and a gas station explosion koing superman.

You're literally misreading my posts now. Stop being a dick, dude, and read the rules of the forum. Please.

carver9
Originally posted by NemeBro

I said that because of ABHI. It was obvious a joke post. Isnt that the same thread ABHI started off calling him trash.

carver9
Just checked. Yep, that's the thread ABHI started off calling Hulk trash tier. Lol

BrolyBlack

So you got locked out of your other account and gave up on the forum, and the only reason you came back is to argue about Superman.

A Serious question..do you not have a life, ffs.

-Pr-
Just checked. Yep, that's the thread ABHI started off calling Hulk trash tier. Lol

So what's your excuse for all the other threads where you've done it, then?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Almost as fitting as Stilt's Freudian slip here:

Not a slip, I started calling it that after sawing that nude pic of Manhattan in Comic Questions thread.

carver9
Post above mine - "Superman throws Hulk into the sun".

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=663445&highlight=%22Hulk+vs+Superman%22

Starts the thread off by lowballing Hulk. Saying since Thing beat Hulk, Doomsday...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=663083&highlight=%22Hulk+vs+Superman%22

Superman one shots Hulk...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=663218&highlight=%22Hulk+vs+Superman%22

Superman one shots Hulk.

Another post... "Superman and Gladiator heat vision clash incinerating Hulk.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=657488&highlight=%22Hulk+vs+Superman%22

Same trend...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=661619&highlight=%22Hulk+vs+Superman%22

Superman one shots...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=659522&highlight=%22Hulk+vs+Superman%22

I can post more.

BrolyBlack

Super-fan1230
Nope. thumb up
appreciated

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Galan is savage, love it.

Super-fan1230

Super-fan1230
laughing out loud

Galan is savage, love it.
rude=/=savage

BrolyBlack

Super-fan1230

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Super-fan1230
rude=/=savage

Just report him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o84sw9CmwYpAnRRni/giphy.gif

JBL THE GREAT
So you got locked out of your other account and gave up on the forum, and the only reason you came back is to argue about Superman.

A Serious question..do you not have a life, ffs. I have a very good life. But it seems you have a problem when superman is not praised. I like superman and his types, but im not going to cherry pick for any character.

DarkSaint85
Okay, so I thought about it, and... No, I don't think we should re-institute the ban. It might just be time to ban the people who make the threads as annoying to read as they are.

cdtm brought up a very good point earlier, asking if something is a lie if a person believes it. And in the case of questions like "who is more powerful?", there's always wiggle room to argue about things like that, so no, I don't consider that lying.

What is lying, though? When a comic blatantly states something, and people twist it to their own ends. Now, generally I have no issue when people will read a scene and take something non-featy from it. Like a character's motivation or their perception of something on a moral/ethical level. That shit is interesting, and it's part of the best debates about comics (imo).

Quantifiable feats, though? No. When the page states something, it states something. Unless the math is somehow wrong, like in the case of the Flash saving a Korean town feat. Is the math wrong? Yes, because the comic states that Flash saved everyone, and that statement carries more weight than the speed he was going. Literally. The feat is STILL quantifiable, though. People on this board alone have done the math.

If you're going to misinterpret a feat, by ANY character, then you're trolling. And I don't mean "Stilt shitting on Aquaman" trolling. I mean actual "I hate that Superman can beat my favourite character, so I'm going to act the fool about it" trolling. That just makes you a ****.

And for anyone that says "why can they say Superman stomps, but I can't say Hulk/Thor/Aquaman stomps?", yes you can. You have been doing it for over a decade. Stop being a liar. It doesn't make you clever, but the option has always been there.

==

The truth of it is, in years gone by you would have seen people like Philo, Juntai, myself and some others say things like "Superman is as powerful as he needs to be to win the battle", or talking about things like dynamic powersets. The reason the ban went in to effect at all was because with the World Forger feat, now DC was definitely, unequivocally saying it. It wasn't just one feat either, but it was that final straw that broke the camel's back.

There is no Marvel equivalent. There should be (and I think Hulk is the closest to it, and should be treated as such by writers), but there just isn't. Until there is, Superman is always going to be seen as having that extra gear that even his peers just can't keep up with.

Superman can beat pretty much everyone's favourite character. Even mine. You might not think it's right, but if your basis for liking your favourite character is how powerful they are, then that's your problem, and your business. It doesn't mean I have to listen to you whine about it.

Plus...we are all pretty clued up people. We KNOW when people are just being stupid and blind to things, or being called out so they triple down on their mistake because of ego.

At the same time, we can all recognize when it's Stilt level'trolling', which isn't really trolling, but makes the forum a fun place.

StiltmanFTW
At the same time, we can all recognize when it's Stilt level'trolling', which isn't really trolling, but makes the forum a fun place.

Awwww love

I have a very good life. But it seems you have a problem when superman is not praised. I like superman and his types, but im not going to cherry pick for any character.

Are you really the original JBL?

What happened, lol?

BrolyBlack
I have a very good life. But it seems you have a problem when superman is not praised. I like superman and his types, but im not going to cherry pick for any character.

Strawman, I never such a thing about wanting him to be praised. But you felt the need to create a whole other account to come get some feelings in about Superman. Why?

StiltmanFTW
Strawman, I never such a thing about wanting him to be praised. But you felt the need to create a whole other account to come get some feelings in about Superman. Why?

Dude, you made like a thousand accounts in total... stick out tongue

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dude, you made like a thousand accounts in total... stick out tongue

Can you come up with some new material Stilt? You say the same thing over and over.

StiltmanFTW
Just pointing out your hypocrisy, nothing more.

BrolyBlack
You say the same thing over and over though, do you enjoy that? And it wasn’t hypocrisy. I know you like it to be so you can be relevant in the discussion now since you were not being addressed.

DarkSaint85
Can we all just focus on the real enemy here, Carver? stick out tongue

MrMind
JBL is like amalgamation of fukin quanchi and Carver.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by MrMind
JBL is like amalgamation of fukin quanchi and Carver.

laughing out loud

Hey by the way I responded to your response to me about reality warpers in Marvel

StiltmanFTW
You say the same thing over and over though, do you enjoy that? And it wasn’t hypocrisy. I know you like it to be so you can be relevant in the discussion now since you were not being addressed.

You attacked JBL for making a new account, yet you are known for producing socks like a factory.

BrolyBlack

StiltmanFTW
And you're saying you never did the exact same thing...?

K.

BrolyBlack
Where did I say that? Try to read what I wrote instead of strawmaning me to be relevant.

Again are you not a bit tired of saying the same thing over and over?

StiltmanFTW
Are you not tired of being tucked...? vin

DarkSaint85
Guys. Take it somewhere else.....

BrolyBlack

JBL THE GREAT
Awwww love

Are you really the original JBL?

What happened, lol? Yes i am. Someone stole my phone so i upgraded, but i lost my yahoo account. I cannot remember or reset my password, so i created another account here.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

StiltmanFTW
Guys. Take it somewhere else.....

thumb up

Yes i am. Someone stole my phone so i upgraded, but i lost my yahoo account. I cannot remember or reset my password, so i created another account here.

Welcome back.

DarkSaint85
https://i.redd.it/n1yysokk12v01.jpg

BrolyBlack

JBL THE GREAT
thumb up

Welcome back. Thanks, but it looks like superman fans are butthurt about my return. Lol

StiltmanFTW
Thanks, but it looks like superman fans are butthurt about my return. Lol

As they should be wink

carver9
I'm glad to have u back, buddy. Did you see Gladiator latest Abstract ft?

BrolyBlack

DarkSaint85

JBL THE GREAT
I'm glad to have u back, buddy. Did you see Gladiator latest Abstract ft? Thanks carver. No i have not seen it, but did superman fans cry about it or lowball it?

StiltmanFTW
Thanks carver. No i have not seen it, but did superman fans cry about it or lowball it?

Check your PM box.

DarkSaint85
Thanks carver. No i have not seen it, but did superman fans cry about it or lowball it?

Put it this way.

Carver read some aspects of the feat wrongly, and has admitted as such in this thread.

MrMind
So JBL is the first jackass to cause issue after this thread, should've choose optioN 3

JBL THE GREAT
Check your PM box. WOW!! Even LT feared this Galactus. What a feat for gladiator. I see my other boy has a decent feet against world forger. But Gladiators? WOW!!

MrMind
laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
WOW!! Even LT feared this Galactus. What a feat for gladiator. I see my other boy has a decent feet against world forger. But Gladiators? WOW!!

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Galan007

==

Superman can beat pretty much everyone's favourite character. Even mine. You might not think it's right, but if your basis for liking your favourite character is how powerful they are, then that's your problem, and your business. It doesn't mean I have to listen to you whine about it. thumb up

Closing and unpinning now, because guess what? Another Superman thread is going down the shitter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.