A Superstitious and Cowardly Lot BZ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
https://i.imgur.com/81r1PHK.jpg

Don't agree, then rep your outlaw in this tourney and show everyone just how bad he/she really is.

Nothing is final but I'm thinking mid herald level for the power cap.

So talk about everything here rules, tier level, type of tourney like a blind draft, etc..

Also unlike the villain pub, anti-heroes are welcomed here.

Sin I AM
Low Herald (Iron Man), free post, no power mimicry, dupes or immortals.

DarkSaint85
Are you saying IM is a villain, or wanting to draft a villain of his?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Are you saying IM is a villain, or wanting to draft a villain of his?

No. I'm using him as a gauge for the low herald cap. Not that he's a villian or that he should be chosen

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM

That gives us

Absorbing Man, Darkness, Dr. Light, Dr. Polaris, Enchantress (Marvel), Fin Fang Foom, Godzilla, Gorilla Grodd, Granny Goodness, Hector Hammond, Kalibak, Killer Frost, King Hyperion, Loki (Ultimate), Major Force, Mirror Master, Morlun, Mr. Sinister, Parasite, Ronan the Accuser, Shadow King, Skeletor, Solomon Grundy, Super Skrull, Ultra-Humanite.

As character options if we go a full blind tourney

Supermutant

Those are some good rules, I will add no time manipulation. In the other thread some are in favor of getting assigned a random villain, so that no one will know who they are facing until after the OPs are posted. A couple of ways that could go, someone could randomly pick from a certain tier or each participant pick a character to go into a character pool. With a random character being selected from that pool.

By the way I'm just listing ideas to gauge interest, because I want to be a participant. Hopefully, someone else comes along and acts as a host for a potential random draw and such. Maybe wishful thinking. We could always pester a mod until they agree. messed

Supermutant
Originally posted by beatboks
That gives us

Absorbing Man, Darkness, Dr. Light, Dr. Polaris, Enchantress (Marvel), Fin Fang Foom, Godzilla, Gorilla Grodd, Granny Goodness, Hector Hammond, Kalibak, Killer Frost, King Hyperion, Loki (Ultimate), Major Force, Mirror Master, Morlun, Mr. Sinister, Parasite, Ronan the Accuser, Shadow King, Skeletor, Solomon Grundy, Super Skrull, Ultra-Humanite.

As character options if we go a full blind tourney

There are some more like Vulcan, Wendigo, Magneto, Living Monolith etc. Plus we can always adds some more like Brainwave Jr. if everyone agrees or go a higher tier up.

DarkSaint85
My views on general tiers,is that villains are usually more powerful than their heroes. To present a challenge.

Therefore, as a rough rule of thumb, if a villain isn't on the list, we could....Roughly say they're a tier above their usual hero? Or at least, the same tier.

Obviously this doesn't work for every villain.

staxamillion
sounds fun. mojo too

Sin I AM
The lines blur between high-meta and low herald with Tony being a prime example. Sandman is a good example of a character who can be both. Iceman operates at high meta but uncuffed can be high herald. There are others like rookie gls and novas.

beatboks
Originally posted by Supermutant
There are some more like Vulcan, Wendigo, Magneto, Living Monolith etc. Plus we can always adds some more like Brainwave Jr. if everyone agrees or go a higher tier up.

Thought I'd included Mags (I know I had copied him must have stuffed up pasting in my reply).

Brainwave Jr is more a hero with a brief period of flipping his lid. He's also not a tier above, Ultra TP kicked his preverbial more than once and matched his old man who on showings is above Jr by a smidge. Added to which Ultra has low level class 100 physicals on top of his mental powers. His old man would make for a much better choice but then again few besides me are going to be aware of what he can do. He's only made about 4 post Silver age appearances and all were pre Crisis.

There is a good chunk of the crime syndicate that might fit in that tier though. Johnny Quick, Power Ring for example.

Supermutant
good stuff. I mentioned going a tier above in general, meaning we aren't bound just by the tier rankings here. If everyone who is participating agrees or a majority then that character can be used.

So who all is interested?

Damborgson
Me !

ShadowFyre
Oooo Godzilla.

EmperorThanos
What would mid herald be in terms of stats? And can I use a non comic character?

Supermutant
here's a link to the tiers thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t659442.html

mid herald have characters like Apocalypse and Black Adam.

I guess the first decision would be whether to have a blind draft or not. I'm for either, but I lean towards whichever would give us the most participants. While also trying to not have a person get stuck with someone that puts them at a huge disadvantage.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by EmperorThanos
What would mid herald be in terms of stats? And can I use a non comic character?

What genre? Video games..think Kratos with buffs is mid-herald. Jim Kazama and Ryu are like high meta until they turn heel and amp up to mid-herald. If we're talking Anime..Saitama is mid.

EmperorThanos
What genre? Video games..think Kratos with buffs is mid-herald. Jim Kazama and Ryu are like high meta until they turn heel and amp up to mid-herald. If we're talking Anime..Saitama is mid.
Was looking to use a Dragon Ball Character or if they are too much a Naruto one

Bentley
Is Kang available for this? When you say time manipulation is banned, which parts of his powerset are we nerfing?

DarkSaint85
I think we should use loser characters. D list villains. Push the boat out (and no, no Spot this time).

Supermutant
Originally posted by Bentley
Is Kang available for this? When you say time manipulation is banned, which parts of his powerset are we nerfing?

sure if most do not want a blind draft. Just as long as someone like Pro Zoom can't erase everyone from the timeline on their 5th birthday. Seriously though I was thinking of prep time for 5 seconds to summon one piece of tech, weaponry, or armor. But not something independent like the growing man. shifty

I think we should use loser characters. D list villains. Push the boat out (and no, no Spot this time).

laughing out loud it would be funny to win this tourney with Condiment King. Not sure how others feel about it though.

staxamillion
I'm in blind draft of or d listers sounds fun

DarkSaint85
Condiment King, Kite Man, the Walrus....cap it at someone like Rhino.

Basically, we can see how dangerous these guys are with CIS off.

Bentley
So are we drafting randoms or choosing? I guess I can also play the D-lister game since that sounds around my alley

DarkSaint85
Maybe we all throw two or three suggestions into a pool, then the host randomizes it?

That should hopefully stop people from picking someone absurdly powerful like Spot, say, or some obscure 1980s Strange villain who then turns out to be Zom or something.

Supermutant
this should be fun so a random draw with d-listers. Well I guess everyone participating should state some characters that would fit this. Then we see if the majority agrees with the list. And finally someone not participating can do a random draw.

I vote for toad, kite man, and stilt-man to go in the random draw.

DarkSaint85
Condiment King, Jester (Daredevil and Spiderman villain), Frog Man.

staxamillion
cardiac, sugar man, black tom cassidy? mojo? would be my names to throw in if they are allowed

staxamillion
if too op I could name more

Sin I AM
Originally posted by staxamillion
cardiac, sugar man, black tom cassidy? mojo? would be my names to throw in if they are allowed

They aren't d listers

Supermutant
so a low meta cap perhaps? So far Toad, Kite-Man, Frogman, Condiment King, Stilt-Man, and Jester. How about Crazy-Quilt, Trapster, and Black Tom? I'm sure Black Tom is the non-plant version.

I'm very interested in hearing others opinions about everything. So for this d-listers tourney we have four participants so far, DarkSaint, Bentley, Stax, and myself.

Any others?

Sin I AM
Was looking to use a Dragon Ball Character or if they are too much a Naruto one

I wouldn't use DBZ characters personally. The are broken for battle boards. U can use Naruto though. I think Sixth Paths would be max

DarkSaint85
Or with Naruto, limit the jutsus they can do. Maybe only Kage Bunshins or something, and limited to three clones.

staxamillion
typeface, slyde from spider-man, and the owl from daredevil?

DarkSaint85
I've only heard vaguely of slyde, and that's it.

I say yes!!!

Lots of Marvel D Listers.

staxamillion
he kinda sucks he just has a frictionless suit and glides everywhere on his feet like he's speed skating

Supermutant
lol he fits perfectly then

Supermutant
Rainbow Raider???

BrolyBlack
Whenever I see this thread I think of Lob

Sin I AM
Or with Naruto, limit the jutsus they can do. Maybe only Kage Bunshins or something, and limited to three clones.

I like you

Ok so D-List Villians? What do you consider D-List? Power or influence?

Supermutant
I think sinnie should be the host. thumb up

DarkSaint85
I like you

Ok so D-List Villians? What do you consider D-List? Power or influence?

Influence. What I quite like with Morrison and other writers, is how they can sometimes take D-listers and write them up to be proper threats. I was also interested in how much villains are held back by bad writing and CIS (and sometimes both).

The BZ should deal with that. Give lesser known villains a chance to shine.

Although, Condiment King....

EmperorThanos
I guess I can take Juubi Madara if that works.

DarkSaint85
I guess I can take Juubi Madara if that works.

Lol, no.

staxamillion
would it be so we could write ideas of what the character could potentially do or only what is written with feats already?

DarkSaint85
Both.

It's up to us to convince the judges we can do it.

Can Two Face bite someone's dick off? Yes. Has he done that exact thing in comics? No. But I can attempt to prove (him having teeth, having the jaw muscles of a normal man, dicks being fleshy tubes) that he can.

Sin I AM
Influence. What I quite like with Morrison and other writers, is how they can sometimes take D-listers and write them up to be proper threats. I was also interested in how much villains are held back by bad writing and CIS (and sometimes both).

The BZ should deal with that. Give lesser known villains a chance to shine.

Although, Condiment King....

Good way to go. Condiment King actually sounds like a good story. It reminds me of clock king. He was absolutely my fav in btas

Supermutant
dicks being fleshy tubes

nice segue into newest challenger

https://i.imgur.com/c5tltcL.jpg

Codpiece

DarkSaint85
Oh ****, it's Sex Machine from Dusk till Dawn lol.

Supermutant
so list for random draw:

Toad
Condiment King
Kite Man
Stilt-Man
Jester
Frog Man
Crazy Quilt
Trapster
Black Tom Cassidy
Slyde
Rainbow Rider
Codpiece

12 is a good even number, now we just need participants. Stax, DS, and myself have been pretty active in this thread. Can the following confirm if they are still interested?

Bently
Emperor Thanos
Damborgson
Beatboks
Martian Mind
Shadow Fyre
Anyone who I made have missed or who wants to join

beatboks
Scratch me sorry.

1. Holidays coming up. Fly to Phuket for a couple of weeks in a few days. Get home for a week and go on a concert cruise. So pretty tied up from friday till end of Oct.

2. The low tier of characters really isnt my ballpark. I'd need to do WAY to much research to compete.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Supermutant
so list for random draw:

Toad
Condiment King
Kite Man
Stilt-Man
Jester
Frog Man
Crazy Quilt
Trapster
Black Tom Cassidy
Slyde
Rainbow Rider
Codpiece

12 is a good even number, now we just need participants. Stax, DS, and myself have been pretty active in this thread. Can the following confirm if they are still interested?

Bently
Emperor Thanos
Damborgson
Beatboks
Martian Mind
Shadow Fyre
Anyone who I made have missed or who wants to join

Lemme compile a list for you. I think some may be too obscure for some posters

Supermutant
Lemme compile a list for you. I think some may be too obscure for some posters

sure

Originally posted by beatboks
Scratch me sorry.

1. Holidays coming up. Fly to Phuket for a couple of weeks in a few days. Get home for a week and go on a concert cruise. So pretty tied up from friday till end of Oct.

2. The low tier of characters really isnt my ballpark. I'd need to do WAY to much research to compete.

Did you get my PM?

EmperorThanos
yeah I'll drop out too. I can't really debate those characters.

Sin I AM
demogoblin
deacon frost
purple man
floronic man
arcade
gentleman ghost
jack o lantern
death adder
the fly
chemo
shadow thief

Just a small list. I see a couple of posters bowing out. Might be better to let the tourney participants choose their own d listers and let the judges or tourney host decide if they are legit

Supermutant
Well we can always go back to mid herald (Kang level) if that will get more participants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.