NRA Sues San Francisco After Lawmakers Declare It A Terrorist Organization

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur

Good, this is ridiculous lol.

Robtard
1) It hasn't been singed by the Governor yet, so it means nothing

2) If signed: "San Francisco's resolution, which lacks explicit enforcement tools..."

So the NRA is suing over being called "mean names" thus far? Isn't that supposed to be something only "Leftist!" do?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur

Good, this is ridiculous lol.

Amen. thumb up

If any organization/group should be called terrorists it is obviously the Antifa thugs. Certainly not the law-abiding NRA though.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
1) It hasn't been singed by the Governor yet, so it means nothing

2) If signed: "San Francisco's resolution, which lacks explicit enforcement tools..."

So the NRA is suing over being called "mean names" thus far? Isn't that supposed to be something only "Leftist!" do?

Nah this isn't just about being called a mean name. This article gives a good rundown of why this is chilling even if it never gets signed:

https://reason.com/2019/09/10/lawsuit-argues-that-san-franciscos-anti-nra-resolution-violates-the-first-amendment/

And if it never gets signed it was just pointless virtue signaling.

Robtard
See #2, even if signed, this resolution is seemingly toothless from the go.

dadudemon
Suing them means nothing until they actually win.

Surtur
See #2, even if signed, this resolution is seemingly toothless from the go.

Article I linked addresses this:

"Notably, Stefani's main defense against the NRA's constitutional claims seems to be that the supervisors didn't really mean it. "It's a resolution," she told The New York Times. "It's not an ordinance. It's nonbinding." But even the threat of scrutinizing contractors for ties to the NRA can be expected to have a chilling effect, and any attempt to follow through on the aspiration to stop contractors from doing business with the organization would implicate the First Amendment."

If they never ever intend to follow through on this, may I ask what the point was? Besides wasting money.

Robtard
It's seemingly just an empty gesture even if signed.

I'm also okay with the NRA suing here, we live in a country where people sue each other over anything. One more won't break it.

But 'chilling effect' is the gripe, cool. Let's pocket that and remember it for the future.

Surtur
So then it'd be fair to label it "virtue signaling" ?

Robtard
You can do so if you wish, I'm not bothered by it.

Surtur
Not what I asked, but let me be more clear: would you say calling it virtue signaling was inaccurate?

Robtard
Already answered:Originally posted by Robtard
You can do so if you wish, I'm not bothered by it.

Stop being passive aggressive.

Surtur
Hypocrisy overload. Moving on.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Suing them means nothing until they actually win.

I'm wondering how this isn't slander?

Imagine the shitstorm if republicans did the same thing to Planned Parenthood. Do you think we'd see democrats shrugging their shoulders and going "meh it is toothless" ?

Silent Master
Odd, certain leftists usually get really mad when people use the wrong names.

See the multiple examples of meltdowns over "misgendering".

jaden_2.0
I'm wondering how this isn't slander?

Imagine the shitstorm if republicans did the same thing to Planned Parenthood. Do you think we'd see democrats shrugging their shoulders and going "meh it is toothless" ?

It'd be pretty ironic given that Planned Parenthood were the victims of a terrorist attack by a Republican.

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
@squall: also ironic that Hillary Clinton--who claims to fight for minorities-- praised that same woman.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It'd be pretty ironic given that Planned Parenthood were the victims of a terrorist attack by a Republican.

Perhaps, but this would not be shrugged off with "meh it's toothless".

It would be "REPUBLICANS ARE TRYING TO TAKE AWAY ABORTION OMG! DOES THEIR EVIL KNOW NO END? I BET THEY WANNA SHOOT BABIES IN THE FACE FOR TARGET PRACTICE!"

dadudemon

How many of those terrorists were also members of the NRA? And then, how many of those, assuming any were part of the NRA, were encouraged by NRA leadership to commit terrorist attacks against Planned Parenthood?

In the US, under culpability "means tests", you need to prove it was leadership or direction set by leadership (pamphlets, memos, etc.) that lead to the crime. And the "influence" or "direction" from leadership must also be reasonably attributable to the crime committed. Meaning, you cannot just say it was the NRA's fault if the council said, "We must win back our rights from the oppressors!" and someone decided that meant bombing a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Of course, I took your obviously troll comment seriously. You triggered some folks with this post so carry on. smile

dadudemon

Surtur
How many of those terrorists were also members of the NRA? And then, how many of those, assuming any were part of the NRA, were encouraged by NRA leadership to commit terrorist attacks against Planned Parenthood?

In the US, under culpability "means tests", you need to prove it was leadership or direction set by leadership (pamphlets, memos, etc.) that lead to the crime. And the "influence" or "direction" from leadership must also be reasonably attributable to the crime committed. Meaning, you cannot just say it was the NRA's fault if the council said, "We must win back our rights from the oppressors!" and someone decided that meant bombing a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Of course, I took your obviously troll comment seriously. You triggered some folks with this post so carry on. smile

I don't see how any of the responses to Jaden were triggered. Unless mocking how dems would react to a similar situation and pointing out Hillary praised Sanger equates to triggerdom...

Patient_Leech
"Terrorist organization" might be a tad hyperbolic, but pathological for sure. But that could be said about a lot of corporate lobbies.

Surtur
A tad? They are nowhere near being a terrorist organization.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
"Terrorist organization" might be a tad hyperbolic, but pathological for sure. But that could be said about a lot of corporate lobbies.
Does this apply to all lobbies?

Would you say the same thing about Planned Parenthood's lobbying? (not insinuating you wouldn't, just curious) Because IIRC the pro-abortion lobby is roughly the same size in terms of monetary donations as the pro-gun lobby, and yet every republican who lines up with their point of view is labeled "corrupt" and "bought" while the a lot of the same people casting those aspersions often buy that pro-choice politicians are genuinely principled and not bought off by planned parenthood.

I'm not going to speak up in defense of lobbying, but honestly, compared to most corporate lobbying, the NRA could honestly be argued to be more ethical in a sense. If you give money to most corporations, you're buying a product or service, generally not with the intent of supporting their political goals. At least with the NRA people who donate to them actually intend for their money to be used for that purpose. Basically what I'm saying is that there's more of a grassroots element to the NRA than you'd find with most lobbying.

Like if I give money to an alcohol company, I'm doing so because I want the booze, not because I want them to then use my money to lobby against weed legalization. At least the person who donates to the NRA agrees with that use of their money.

Personally, I don't know why people don't focus more on the private prison lobby... which is literally a lobby with the incentive to skew laws and criminal justice standards to throw more people in jail for longer periods of time so they can make a profit.

Adam_PoE

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
This country was founded by white racists who owned slaves. By your reasoning, we need to abandon the entire American experiment.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... more of the retarded "America was never great blah, blah, blah, blah, America was founded by white supremacists, blah, blah, blah, blah..." GTFO with that anti-America talk, you commie piece of dogshit.

Again, if you don't like America then move your ass to a different country. Pretty sure no one is forcing your ass to remain in a country you claim to hate so much.

Robtard
This country was founded by white racists who owned slaves. By your reasoning, we need to abandon the entire American experiment.

laughing out loud

Robtard

laughing out loud

Surtur

Robtard
PSA:

The Party of Trump likes to call Democrats racist, this is just a smoke screen to cover up that their only Black congressman in the House is not seeking reelection.

That's going to leave them with only Tim Scott as a Senator. One.

jaden_2.0
https://media.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif

https://media3.giphy.com/media/jTHTaTiIKLFHa/source.gif

Surtur
PSA:

Democrats are racist.

Robtard
Tee + hee

https://i.imgur.com/pSrtB3c.jpg

:laughing:

Surtur
I know right, Democrats are so racist they obsess over the racial makeup of Republican congress members.

laughing

Robtard
For the kids who can only relate to emojis:

https://i.imgur.com/LLCeFTH.jpg

Teeheehee + hee

Surtur
Damn, people calling democrats racist really hit a nerve with you today.

So sorry this is happening to you.

Robtard
^ Sensitive White Males (aka SWM) acting up over benign pictures again.

Surtur
^ He says, after acting up over facts.

SquallX

Robtard
@squallx Your argument was essentially "Planned Parenthood is bad now, because a racist started it back then".

Apply that same logic elsewhere. <--- That was the point, since you missed it. YW.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... more of the retarded "America was never great blah, blah, blah, blah, America was founded by white supremacists, blah, blah, blah, blah..." GTFO with that anti-America talk, you commie piece of dogshit.

Again, if you don't like America then move your ass to a different country. Pretty sure no one is forcing your ass to remain in a country you claim to hate so much.

Trump and his supporters do not think America was great. That is why his campaign slogan is "Make America Great Again." By your reasoning, he should not have run for president and his supporters should not have voted for him. Rather, they should have moved their asses to another country. Russia perhaps?

Adam_PoE

dadudemon
@squallx Your argument was essentially "Planned Parenthood is bad now, because a racist started it back then".

Apply that same logic elsewhere. <--- That was the point, since you missed it. YW.

I'll make a correction of your summary so your point is not a strawman:

"@squallx Your argument was essentially 'Planned Parenthood is bad now, because a racist started it and they continue to disproportionately target minorities especially black people. They have done it so disparately that many black people have started anti-genocide campaigns to call attention to the mass-abortion of black babies and the unfair targeting of black people by Planned Parenthood."

Keep in mind, I didn't state anything other than facts.

If black lives matter, boycott Democrats, require fair treatment from Planned Parenthood, and fight black homicides.

Surtur

"@squallx Your argument was essentially 'Planned Parenthood is bad now, because a racist started it and they continue to disproportionately target minorities especially black people. They have done it so disparately that many black people have started anti-genocide campaigns to call attention to the mass-abortion of black babies and the unfair targeting of black people by Planned Parenthood."

If black lives matter, boycott Democrats, require fair treatment from Planned Parenthood, and fight black homicides.

There is the problem though...black lives do not matter to the Democrats. If they were being honest they'd say "black votes matter".

Adam_PoE

No, Planned Parenthood serves people who cannot otherwise afford care. Financial hardship is the single-greatest reason women seek abortion. It is almost like women who are disproportionately affected by structural racism are more likely to be poor and need social services.

What is racist, however, is the implication that minority women who have an elective procedure are not smart enough to be actively choosing what they think is in their best interest, but are being manipulated like sheep.

Robtard
No, Planned Parenthood serves people who cannot otherwise afford care. Financial hardship is the single-greatest reason women seek abortion. It is almost like women who are disproportionately affected by structural racism are more likely to be poor and need social services.

What is racist, however, is the implication that minority women who have an elective procedure are not smart enough to be actively choosing what they think is in their best interest, but are being manipulated like sheep.

Bingo

Bingo x2

Emperordmb

eThneoLgrRnae
There is the problem though...black lives do not matter to the Democrats. If they were being honest they'd say "black votes matter".

"Bingo."

"Bingo x 2". thumb up

snowdragon

Weird I didn't know structural racism caused single parents and dead beat dads....woops.

Let's be clear dead beat dads are black and white but don't pretend financial hardship comes from racism....try single income families without a father and lack of education.

SquallX

Surtur

Robtard
racistpatronizing.jpeg

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by snowdragon
Weird I didn't know structural racism caused single parents and dead beat dads....woops.

Let's be clear dead beat dads are black and white but don't pretend financial hardship comes from racism....try single income families without a father and lack of education.

You did not know that policies designed to disenfranchise people of color might result in poverty? Well, you learned something today.

Adam_PoE

Silent Master
IOW, It's always someone else's fault.

Grow up.

Blakemore
^ great post........... Dave.

SquallX

Surtur
And at least tax payers don't fund the NRA, can't say the same about PP despite the fact they get a f*ckton of money donated.

And of course it needs to be said again: NRA isn't a terrorist org and frankly anyone saying it is or is even close to one is crazy. Though I'm willing to hear examples of people committing acts of terror in the name of the NRA.

Putinbot1
Wow, Adam kind of rag dolled people in this thread. Impressive.

Surtur
I mean yeah you could ignore reality and say that.

Surtur

eThneoLgrRnae
And at least tax payers don't fund the NRA, can't say the same about PP despite the fact they get a f*ckton of money donated.

And of course it needs to be said again: NRA isn't a terrorist org and frankly anyone saying it is or is even close to one is crazy. Though I'm willing to hear examples of people committing acts of terror in the name of the NRA.

Don't hold your breath, Surt, because you'll be waiting for a very long time for evidence of that; currently, there are no examples of it happening and I seriously doubt there ever will be.

Plenty of examples of Antifa thugs committing political acts of terror though. Yet, dirtbag leftists continue to praise them because they are their version of brownshirts. They are their political arm in the same way the KKK was the democrats' after the civil war when they were used to terrorize black people.

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm starting to understand why racists on the left love Sanger so much.

There is a statue of her in the Smithsonian. The white progressives don't seem to wanna take it down though. Oh some black pastors want it gone, but psshhh black feelings only matter if they align with white progressive feelings.

"Bingo."

"Bingo x 2." thumb up

Surtur
Oh and earlier this week at the debate Robert Francis O'Rourke said he's definitely gonna be taking away AR-15's, etc. if he wins.

Bless him, the rare leftist who says the quiet part out loud.

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh and earlier this week at the debate Robert Francis O'Rourke said he's definitely gonna be taking away AR-15's, etc. if he wins.

Fortunately, he'll never be president though.

And even if a president did issue an executive order to ban any type of gun some judge could (and probably would) easily overturn it. Just look at all the executive orders Trump has issued that have gotten shot down by judges. There are still way too many judges who understand the importance of the 2nd amendment and what the words "shall not be infringed" means to let an unconstitutional executive order like that stand.

Surtur
Fortunately, he'll never be president though.

And even if a president did issue an executive order to ban any type of gun some judge could (and probably would) easily overturn it. Just look at all the executive orders Trump has issued that have gotten shot down by judges. There are still way too many judges who understand the importance of the 2nd amendment and what the words "shall not be infringed" means to let an unconstitutional executive order like that stand.

Leftists: if you ban abortions women will just get them illegally in back alleys.

Also leftists: ban guns

Surtur
Also while Robert Francis O'Rourke will never be president it's not like all of the other democrats running for president pushed back against his idea.

Robtard
Leftists: if you ban abortions women will just get them illegally in back alleys.

Faulty Comparison

Robtard

Didn't catch that part, so I googled. You're either lying or being intentionally misleading, implying he wants to ban all or most guns with your "etc.".

O'Rourke's comment was about specifically banning "assault weapons", which sounds a lot like the AWB of 1994. He mentioned 'weapons of war' and the AR-15 and AK47 specifically.

eThneoLgrRnae
Faulty Comparison

Nah, it's not.

jaden_2.0

Aren't gun owners "law abiding citizens"?

Surely if the law is they're not allowed to own certain guns they'll only own the ones they are allowed...

snowdragon
You did not know that policies designed to disenfranchise people of color might result in poverty? Well, you learned something today.

I certainly can't speak to specific policies nor deny your claim that it "might" lead to poverty.

Yet factually/quantitatively we can see the outcomes of single moms in poverty raising families (no policy can erase individual choices) and lack of education drives low earnings(so does illegal immigration,) which obviously creates many problems that blacks/browns/whites in our society face. Would you deny those set of facts?

dadudemon

Nothing I said was wrong. Only this perspective you express, here, is wrong.

As fact, Planned Parenthood disproportionately targets black people and minorities for abortion:

https://www.protectingblacklife.org/pp_targets/index.html

If what you said is correct, a majority of those facilities would be in or near white neighborhoods because there are many more white people in the US than black AND the raw numbers of white people in poverty exceed black people and Latinos.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0& amp;sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sor
t%22:%22asc%22%7D

Pick 1:

1. The Russians interfered with the 2016 election causing Trump to win the election and Hillary to lose the election.
2. People are above advertisements and marketing and cannot be influenced to make decisions that can go against their interests.

I'm smart. I'm also stupid enough to fall for marketing campaigns and be influenced in my decision making. I'm not stupid enough to think I'm above marketing campaigns and being influenced to make decisions - that would be the height of arrogance. And, yes, black people are being manipulated and treated like sheep by the Democratic party which is part of what makes the Democratic party so evil. Keep those black people down so they can't rise up against their neo-slavery-masters and see them for what they are: evil slavers who say pretty words.

dadudemon
Faulty Comparison

No, he captured it perfectly.

Humans have a clear and measurable reaction to prohibitions: the illegal acting humans can expand their illegal behaviors and monetize the criminality (expanding it and making it far worse) where as the legal portion continues to still be legal.

He probably didn't realize he was correctly capturing a well understood sociological phenomena that is at the heart of what is wrong with prohibitions.

Trocity
Hypocrisy overload. Moving on.

No kidding. laughing out loud

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE

Tax payers do not "fund" Planned Parenthood either. Planned Parenthood bills Medicaid for non-abortion medical services it provides to the poor. You know, like every other medical service provider in the country is entitled to do.

Surtur

Humans have a clear and measurable reaction to prohibitions: the illegal acting humans can expand their illegal behaviors and monetize the criminality (expanding it and making it far worse) where as the legal portion continues to still be legal.

He probably didn't realize he was correctly capturing a well understood sociological phenomena that is at the heart of what is wrong with prohibitions.

https://i.imgur.com/yrDDXkw.jpg

Adam_PoE
Nothing I said was wrong. Only this perspective you express, here, is wrong.

As fact, Planned Parenthood disproportionately targets black people and minorities for abortion:

https://www.protectingblacklife.org/pp_targets/index.html

Get back to me when you have a legitimate source, and not a propaganda website.

If what you said is correct, a majority of those facilities would be in or near white neighborhoods because there are many more white people in the US than black AND the raw numbers of white people in poverty exceed black people and Latinos.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0& amp;sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sor
t%22:%22asc%22%7D

The difference is that poor white people tend to be spread out across rural communities, whereas poor black people tend to be concentrated in urban areas. That goes back to the structural racism I mentioned before, and policies designed to affect where black people can live and work and do business. If you are a social service organization, and you want to do the most good, you will place your services where they can be accessed by the most people in need. That means placing them in population centers. Sorry, but geography is not a conspiracy against black people.

Robtard

No, it was a:

Faulty Comparison

Silent Master

Agreed.

Robtard
Tax payers do not "fund" Planned Parenthood either. Planned Parenthood bills Medicaid for non-abortion medical services it provides to the poor. You know, like every other medical service provider in the country is entitled to do.

The anti-PP types have to push the narrative the PP exist mostly to perform abortions and that tax payers are paying for said abortions, when as you know, both of these narratives are wrong. iirc, pregnancy tests, cancer and std screenings and affordable contraceptives are the most common services at PP.

Remember in 2017 or so when these same types were pushing doctored videos "proving" that PP was havesting and selling "baby parts" on the back market.

dadudemon
Get back to me when you have a legitimate source, and not a propaganda website.

The onus is on your to prove it is wrong if you disagree with it.

It just so happens, all their facts are backed up using actual, veritable, mapping information freely accessible to the public. You can think they are biased all you want - great! But dispute the facts, not the bias.

You may hate it that those PP (lol) locations are in minority locations, mostly black, but those are the facts. I can't change facts because a bunch of black people are educating themselves about the Black Genocide problem American is experiencing. Are you getting upset that black people are no longer suckling the teet of Democratic Slavery?

The difference is that poor white people tend to be spread out across rural communities

You didn't pay attention to the source, then. Here is how they narrowed down their facts:

"Every minority population over 50% is considered targeted, as are minority populations that are at least 1.5 times higher than the percentage of the surrounding county."

Guess which race is the majority in almost all locations in the US? White.

They would have had to go out of their way, quite intentionally, to target black neighborhoods.

There are some poor-ass cities around me. Poor as hell. Farming and meth seem to be the only jobs around. Almost completely white, though. Where are the PP surgical facilities? If what you said is correct, you'd see far more around these cities.

In tennis, this is what you call "Game, Set, and Match."

Trocity
LOL, please stop, he is already dead. laughing out loud

jaden_2.0

It just so happens, all their facts are backed up using actual, veritable, mapping information freely accessible to the public. You can think they are biased all you want - great! But dispute the facts, not the bias.

You may hate it that those PP (lol) locations are in minority locations, mostly black, but those are the facts. I can't change facts because a bunch of black people are educating themselves about the Black Genocide problem American is experiencing. Are you getting upset that black people are no longer suckling the teet of Democratic Slavery?

You didn't pay attention to the source, then. Here is how they narrowed down their facts:

"Every minority population over 50% is considered targeted, as are minority populations that are at least 1.5 times higher than the percentage of the surrounding county."

They would have had to go out of their way, quite intentionally, to target black neighborhoods.

There are some poor-ass cities around me. Poor as hell. Farming and meth seem to be the only jobs around. Almost completely white, though. Where are the PP surgical facilities? If what you said is correct, you'd see far more around these cities.

Poor white communities tend to be conservative. Maybe PP aren't in those communities simply because they would be heavily protested.

Adam_PoE

That is not how the burden of proof works at all.

Poor farming communities are not population dense, are they? So that does not contradict my point at all, does it?

dadudemon
That is not how the burden of proof works at all.

lol, nice try, but yes it is.

The proof has been provided. It is up to you to provide counter-proof if you wish to disprove it. Disproving it is impossible, however: census data is readily available, google maps with addresses are readily available. What are you going to do, pull out a higher tier census and a higher tier mapping system?

Here is how it doesn't work: "I don't like these facts so I will ignore them."

Poor farming communities are not population dense, are they? So that does not contradict my point at all, does it?

Sure does. My point was definitely more specific than just a rural village - note the lack of reference to rural village types in my post. Would you like to take a stab at why a city with well over a million people, including the metropolitan area, would be lacking PP surgical centers? Hint: it has to do with race population ratios and lack of super super race-heavy neighborhoods.

Care to take a better stab a rebuttal? You're 0/2.

dadudemon
Poor white communities tend to be conservative. Maybe PP aren't in those communities simply because they would be heavily protested.

Contrary to popular belief, conservatives don't protest very much. That's something young white liberals do. And the Westboro baptist church. Reality is, there are PP surgical centers in mostly white neighborhoods out there. They are just a small minority. And many poor white-majority areas are lacking these same facilities. Why would that be? Well, it should be obvious: passive population control of minorities especially blacks.

Additionally, there are the problems of these facts confounding your perspective:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/30/facts-about-abortion-debate-in-america/

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/emily-ward/blacks-make-134-population-36-abortions

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/25-states-with-most-abortions/1/

jaden_2.0
Contrary to popular belief, conservatives don't protest very much. That's something young white liberals do. And the Westboro baptist church. Reality is, there are PP surgical centers in mostly white neighborhoods out there. They are just a small minority. And many poor white-majority areas are lacking these same facilities. Why would that be? Well, it should be obvious: passive population control of minorities especially blacks.

Additionally, there are the problems of these facts confounding your perspective:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/30/facts-about-abortion-debate-in-america/

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/emily-ward/blacks-make-134-population-36-abortions

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/25-states-with-most-abortions/1/

There's a ridiculously large number of other factors at play. Again, poor white areas tend to be conservative. That means their local government tends to be republican who will always throw up barriers and refuse permits for PP and other abortion providers.

Silent Master
DDM provided actual sourced evidence, do you have anything other than opinion/speculation to say that his information is wrong?

jaden_2.0
I'm not saying his information is wrong. I'm saying it's not the singular reason he's suggesting it is.

Silent Master
Out of a 100%.

DDM's theory represents what %
Jaden's theory represents what %

SquallX

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Silent Master
Out of a 100%.

DDM's theory represents what %
Jaden's theory represents what %

A quarter of abortion clinics have closed in the US due to state and local anti-abortion legislation since 2010

TRAP laws (targeted regulation of abortion providers) have been used locally for decades to close down or prevent the opening of abortion clinics by implementing overly burdensome regulations.

Some states implemented that abortions could only be provided at ambulatory surgical centers. Then when Planned Parenthood tried to move into those centers the states changed their zoning laws again specifically to prevent them from doing so

If their locations were purely about targeting black people and not about conservative/republican vs progressive/democrat then why does Memphis rate so low on the reproductive freedoms index despite being 63% black yet Los Angeles rates at the top despite being only 10% black?

jaden_2.0
Here's the cities scored in that report.

The demographics of some of those cities

Lowest scoring
Richmond Virginia. 50.3% black
Phoenix Arizona. 6.9% black
Oklahoma city. 15% black
Nashville Tennessee. 27%
Louisville KY. 23%
Las Vegas NV. 11%
Hartford CT 38%

Highest scoring
New York city 25%
San Francisco 5%
Chicago 32%
Philadelphia 42%
Seattle 7%
Washington 47%
Austin TX 8%
Boston 25%

Doesn't really seem to be much correlation between skin colour and abortion provision.

I wonder if there's more to it

CaveDude33211
https://media0.giphy.com/media/c8ZJZB5V8w2fS/source.gif

Da wamen sluts thank you for caring about abortions

Silent Master
A quarter of abortion clinics have closed in the US due to state and local anti-abortion legislation since 2010

TRAP laws (targeted regulation of abortion providers) have been used locally for decades to close down or prevent the opening of abortion clinics by implementing overly burdensome regulations.

Some states implemented that abortions could only be provided at ambulatory surgical centers. Then when Planned Parenthood tried to move into those centers the states changed their zoning laws again specifically to prevent them from doing so

If their locations were purely about targeting black people and not about conservative/republican vs progressive/democrat then why does Memphis rate so low on the reproductive freedoms index despite being 63% black yet Los Angeles rates at the top despite being only 10% black?

None of that answered my question.

Between the two of you, which one's theory represents the more likely or main reason?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
https://media0.giphy.com/media/c8ZJZB5V8w2fS/source.gif

Da wamen sluts thank you for caring about abortions

laughing out loud laughing out loud

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Silent Master
None of that answered my question.

Between the two of you, which one's theory represents the more likely or main reason?

So what's more likely, that abortion provision is more about the political leanings of the legislature where the provision is located or that there's a hidden conspiracy to commit genocide on a particular demographic despite that demographic increasing in population.

F**k knows, mate.

Silent Master
So what's more likely, that abortion provision is more about the political leanings of the legislature where the provision is located or that there's a hidden conspiracy to commit genocide on a particular demographic despite that demographic increasing in population.

F**k knows, mate.

You don't have an opinion about which one of you is closer to being right?

eThneoLgrRnae

F**k knows, mate.

You seem to keep ignoring the fact that the founder of PP -- Margaret Sanger -- had anti-black views and called black people "weeds" that "needed to be removed." So it is not really some hidden conspiracy as you make it out to be.

Nor is it a conspiracy that Hillary Clinton praised Sanger. Clinton herself called black people "super predators". Then there was also the whole business with her screwing over the haitian people (who're mostly, if not all, black) as well.

SquallX

Surtur
And they cry about the border while living in gated communities.

Silent Master
They also cry about normal people having access to guns, while being protected by armed security.

Surtur
Speaking of guns I'm still waiting for anyone to come provide examples of people committing acts of terror in the name of the NRA.

Silent Master
Personally, I want to hear a valid reason they want to ban AR-15 style rifles instead of handguns. considering those type of rifles only make up a tiny minority of gun related murders.

Surtur
It's about race, we know they obsess over it. Focus on AR-15's and they can talk about the evils of guns and white people. The demographics would change if they focused on handguns.

If we banned AR-15's today and 6 months from now someone uses two glocks to commit a mass shooting will democrats promise not to try to go after those guns too? That is a question I'd ask every single Democrat running for president.

Surtur

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/yzyuoPD.jpg

jaden_2.0
You seem to keep ignoring the fact that the founder of PP -- Margaret Sanger -- had anti-black views and called black people "weeds" that "needed to be removed." So it is not really some hidden conspiracy as you make it out to be.

Nor is it a conspiracy that Hillary Clinton praised Sanger. Clinton herself called black people "super predators". Then there was also the whole business with her screwing over the haitian people (who're mostly, if not all, black) as well.

Historical white person in shitty opinions about black people shocker

Great. Is she still in charge or has she been dead for over 50 years?

eThneoLgrRnae
@squall: yes, everyone knows they're the biggest of hypocrites. They call conservatives racist while they're racist themselves. They accuse Trump of "russian collusion" when the actual evidenbce indicates it was Hillary and the DNC that truly colluded with Russia yet they totally ignore that.

They are projectionists.

eThneoLgrRnae
Historical white person in shitty opinions about black people shocker

Great. Is she still in charge or has she been dead for over 50 years?

Yeah, just as I thought; you downplay the fact that PP was started by a known racist. The fact she's dead doesn't change anything.

jaden_2.0
No proof of that giant black genocide conspiracy other than a white woman born in the 1800s had shitty opinions about black people.

👍

eThneoLgrRnae
Sure thing, jaden. wink

cdtm
A white liberal activist who worked in the slums of New York City.

SquallX

jaden_2.0
Still waiting. People would rather go off on odd, irrelevant tangents instead.

Surtur
Speaking of waiting...

Speaking of guns I'm still waiting for anyone to come provide examples of people committing acts of terror in the name of the NRA.

Anyone?

eThneoLgrRnae
Speaking of waiting...

Anyone?

Nothing but crickets chirping. That's odd... if the NRA was truly the terrorist organization all the snowflake lefties claim it is surely they'd have some examples that actually prove that.

So far nothing from them though... shocker. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon

The "protecting black life" organization feels like they've already addressed your point because they've used a specific control to determine where these surgical facilities get placed:

Where black and/or Latino minorities make the majority of the population or represent 1.5x higher than the white population. In LA, the areas where these surgical facilities are located quite easily meet the criteria set by the "protecting black life" using census and address data.

However, you do bring up another point: Atlanta George is well known to be a very black city: ~52% black. Yet not a single PP surgical facility is located there. In the entire state.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/georgia/atlanta/30316/east-atlanta-health-center-4286-90330/abortion

What you bring up is correct however, it is possible for both of us to be right without either of us taking away from what the other pointed out.

Conservatives likely have blocked surgical abortion centers from being setup in Georgia. However, if they were allowed, they would definitely target black people and Latinos.

It's 79% targeted towards black people and Latinos. Almost 80%. That means 8 out of 10 PP surgical centers are in areas that are mostly black, Latino, or both.

How is that not systematic targeting of black people and Latinos? By the raw numbers, there are more "white majority" cities with more poor white people than either black or Latino. There are more poor white metropolitan areas than there are black and by quite a comfortable number.

Side-note: white and Latino Socio-economic mobility continues to far-outpace black SEM. When controlling for factors such as employment consistency, education, criminal history, and marriage, SEM parity is nearly reached. The best take away advice, if you are a young black man or young black woman, is:

1. Stay away from crime.
2. Stay away from drugs.
3. Maintain consistent employment history (do not job hop)
4. Do not have babies until you get married.
5. Get married.
6. Finish high school and acquire post-secondary education by any means possible.

If you do this, there is almost no difference compared to your white peers when comparing the same variables.

Also, because of the opportunities that exist for black people that do not exist for white people, I am willing to bet that if all those items are checked off, a black person will see better SEM than a white person, on average.

How do we know all of this? Second generation Asians. no expression The children of Asian immigrants are better in almost every single category compared to any other race demographic. Health, education, income, etc.

dadudemon

dadudemon
No proof of that giant black genocide conspiracy other than a white woman born in the 1800s had shitty opinions about black people.

👍

Well, except for the absurdly racist reality about abortion, who is targeted about 80% of the time with abortions (including marketing campaigns), etc.

Since 2014, more black babies were aborted than were born in NYC and that gap keeps widening. Hooray for racist progressives and Democrats who are doing very well to keep their black voters under control, poor, and voting for them.

"Why would they want to control the population if they want their votes?" Districts. They will not change for many decades. They are guaranteed votes. They don't want the population spilling over into their gentrified neighborhoods, though. It's a passive genocide.

Every chance I get, I tell young black people to get an education, be consistent and reliable with work, and stay away from crime. AND...get married and make tons of babies after settling into their career. Tons. It's the same advice I give white people, as well.

I should get on having tons of kids...

eThneoLgrRnae
I agree.

I say it a lot: conservatives are in your face with their climate change denial or at least denying the weight of human involvement in climate change.

They are in your face with their xenophobic racism (but it is not necessarily racism as many are more than happy to bring highly educated, skilled workers, non-criminals into the US through the legal immigration process - race has nothing to do with it for many of them).

They are in your face about their mostly archaic sexism about gender roles.

They are usually overt. You know what you're getting. It's there in the open.

Contrasted with leftists and progressives where everything is subversive, hidden, and covertly evil. It's far worse and sinister. If I sit down with a conservative and talk politics, I can reason with them. Conservative libertarians, Muslims, Christians: almost always, they can be reasoned with. Not so for my fellow liberals. I cannot reason with them if you get them going.

1. That's because the so-called "evidence" for man-made climate is almost non-existent; or at least the effect that man has on actual climate change is very insignificant. It is not "denial" lol. This reminds me of how some atheists and even some so-called "Christians" (usually catholics and their false prophet pope) say creationists "deny" evolution. Denying it would mean there is overwhelming evidence to support it yet there is literally NONE. You don't deny something that hasn't been proven, you choose not to believe in it. Yeah, I'm sure you and others will now say there is overwhelming scientific evidence for both but there truly isn't, especially darwinian evolution bs. Only microevolution is a proven fact and that really isn't evolution. People can deny gravity (which would be very dangerous to do) but no one denies evolutionism. Many people to choose to not believe in it though (yes, I am one of them).

2.LOL Conservatives as a whole are not "xenophobic racists." I thought you were above making typical left-wing arguments like that. Guess I was wrong. Wanting strong borders and people to come here legally is not being racist.

3. There is nothing "archaic" about traditional gender roles. Absolutely nothing. It is only you and other leftists' opinions that they are outdated.

4. Modern day so-called "liberals" are not really liberals, at least not in the classical sense. They are radical leftist so-called "progressive" (they're actually regressives, imo) pieces of shit. I thought you claimed you were a centrist. confused

CaveDude33211
1. That's because the so-called "evidence" for man-made climate is almost non-existent; or at least the effect that man has on actual climate change is very insignificant. It is not "denial" lol. This reminds me of how some atheists and even some so-called "Christians" (usually catholics and their false prophet pope) say creationists "deny" evolution. Denying it would mean there is overwhelming evidence to support it yet there is literally NONE. You don't deny something that hasn't been proven, you choose not to believe in it. Yeah, I'm sure you and others will now say there is overwhelming scientific evidence for both but there truly isn't, especially darwinian evolution bs. Only microevolution is a proven fact and that really isn't evolution. People can deny gravity (which would be very dangerous to do) but no one denies evolutionism. Many people to choose to not believe in it though (yes, I am one of them).

thumb up

Evolution is a major-religion.

And like any major-religion, it will never be ridden of, and it's followers will insist it's true - even if you argue logic and facts with them.

Evolution is basically Scientology's prettier and more popular cousin.

Both are science-fiction-based religions.

And Charles Darwin is basically a charlatan and the supreme prophet of that religion.

(Praise be upon him)

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
thumb up

Evolution is a major-religion.

And like any major-religion, it will never be ridden of, and it's followers will insist it's true - even if you argue logic and facts with them.

Evolution is basically Scientology's prettier and more popular cousin.

Both are science-fiction-based religions.

And Charles Darwin is basically a charlatan and the supreme prophet of that religion.

(Praise be upon him)

Yes, it is basically a state-funded highly protected religion. It's not part of real science. I have no problem with people believing in it but we shouldn't all have to pay for it with our taxes. If people want to teach it then they should start their own private school and teach it there.

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE

Lowest scoring
Oklahoma city. 15% black
Nashville Tennessee. 27%
Louisville KY. 23%
Las Vegas NV. 11%
Hartford CT 38%

Highest scoring
New York city 25%
San Francisco 5%
Chicago 32%
Philadelphia 42%
Seattle 7%
Washington 47%
Austin TX 8%
Boston 25%

Doesn't really seem to be much correlation between skin colour and abortion provision.

Damn, roasted.

Silent Master
Who did he roast?

eThneoLgrRnae
His mama? laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing

dadudemon

SquallX
I am just repeating verbatim what Trump said to four women of color who are also public servants. You did not consider it racist when he said it, so why is it racist now?

Maybe you should either stop
A. Stop lying
B. Or start reading and understanding what your reading

jaden_2.0
Stop stop lying or or stop or start reading and understanding what your reading aye?

SquallX
Stop stop lying or or stop or start reading and understanding what your reading aye?

And here comes the grammar police of the internet. But I do love the fact your unable to refuse the points though.

But then again, why am I surprise. White liberals.

jaden_2.0
I didn't even read your previous points.

Couldn't really counter the one I responded to given that it's unintelligible garbage.

SquallX

NemeBro
SquallX is really coming apart at the seams here.

jaden_2.0
Who's "we"?

You and your imaginary friends?

You're losing the plot.

eThneoLgrRnae
Who's "we"?

You and your imaginary friends?

You're losing the plot.

Don't be so damn dense. I think everyone understands when he says 'we' he's either referring to all the people who're reading you two's back and forth replies with each other or he's referring to himself and you as the 'we'. You insulting him by accusing him of having "imaginary friends" isn't helping your argument at all. But, like a typical leftist, you resort to insults when you're losing the argument as lefties always do.

dadudemon

jaden_2.0
Don't be so damn dense. I think everyone understands when he says 'we' he's either referring to all the people who're reading you two's back and forth replies with each other or he's referring to himself and you as the 'we'. You insulting him by accusing him of having "imaginary friends" isn't helping your argument at all. But, like a typical leftist, you resort to insults when you're losing the argument as lefties always do.

Here comes the other fruitloop gibbering utter pish. Birds of a feather and all that.

Putinbot1
I love the sock army support from Fly coming in. He is now trying a second account in the GDF beyond his lone ranger one. Funny stuff.

Putinbot1

Surtur

SquallX
Originally posted by NemeBro
SquallX is really coming apart at the seams here.

When women are being used as a political tool, then thrown out after their no longer of used, only to return and do the same thing once election rear his head, then come back and talk to me.

Till then, **** off.

Surtur
So not a single instance of terrorism done in the name of the NRA...I figure if anyone here had an example they would have mentioned it by now so yeah I'm calling bullshit.

Robtard
I am just repeating verbatim what Trump said to four women of color who are also public servants. You did not consider it racist when he said it, so why is it racist now?

Funny how that works.

Robtard

Lowest scoring
Oklahoma city. 15% black
Nashville Tennessee. 27%
Louisville KY. 23%
Las Vegas NV. 11%
Hartford CT 38%

Highest scoring
New York city 25%
San Francisco 5%
Chicago 32%
Philadelphia 42%
Seattle 7%
Washington 47%
Austin TX 8%
Boston 25%

Well, there goes that silly theory they were pushing. Not that it really had legs to begin with. Thanks for the info.

Surtur
Funny how that works.

So was Adam being racist by telling him to go back to Haiti or not?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>