Where were you 18 years ago today?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
18 years ago, today, I was 21, an Infantryman in the US Army, stationed at Fort Hood, and sitting in a dentist chair in the Perkins Dental Office having two wisdom teeth removed when the first plane hit.

Do you remember where you were?

Never forget.

Stand Tall.

RIP, the innocents and the heroes who responded.

F*ck terrorism.

BrolyBlack
Getting ready for another day in class of my freshman year of college. Came down the stairs and my mom said the WTC had been hit with a plane, school was cancelled. Joined the Marines shortly there after.

Surtur
I was 15 and in biology class. For each class the rest of the day they didn't each they just had the tv on.

dadudemon
I was in physics class, dreading the midterm (split up into 9 week reporting cycles so we were hitting the midterm for the first set of 9 weeks). I wasn't prepared for the midterm.

A nerdy girl (she was awesome and I like nerds) named Aubrey came into the room crying. Our teacher, who was also the offensive lineman coach (he's a legit genius: chose teaching because he's a good man but he's a literal genius who borders and a mathematical savant), told us all to shutup and watch the TV. He was dragging in a TV cart. Plugged it in, turned it to the news. Might have been ABC. We saw one of the buildings burning. I believe it was 9:30.

At first I thought it was just a fire. But then I saw that it was a plane that hit the building. I realized the midterm was cancelled. I was happy for a moment but hated myself for celebrating the midterm cancellation. Then I got angry that our country was attacked like this as the news went on.

SquallX

Emperordmb
I was in daycare or preschool. Honestly I don't remember the day.

LordGod
Freshman in HS art class.

Teachers were wheeling in TVs just so we could watch everything unfold live.

eThneoLgrRnae
Was alone in my little one bedroom apartment I lived-in at the time (where I lived at before I got my own house; where I now live). Don't remember what I was doing exactly; probably watching tv already when the news broke, not sure.

Raptor22
I was a junior in highschool. I didnt go to school that day but cant remember why. I woke up and passed one of my brothers on the way to the shower and he said people were flying planes into buildings. I was still half asleep and i didnt pay it any mind.

Walkikg past the tv after my shower i saw the towers on fire and they were talking about people jumping to their deaths from the top floors to avoid burning to death.

Wonder Man
I remember Rudolph Giuliani trying to convince people to cover their nose and mouth.
I was at my apartment. Terror only can start a conflict.

cdtm
At home, checking the TV. Thought it was a mockunentry at first, like the War of the Worlds homage as a news program from the 90's.

Robtard
Was driving to work when I heard over the radio about the first plane crashing into the towers.

Shortly after I arrived the second plane had hit, everyone basically said "this is an attack", as there was confusion and "what if this was just an accident" sentiments with the first plane.

snowdragon
I was at work in a meeting.......had just moved to Missouri. The plane that had crashed into the Pentagon was the worst (for me) since I had worked there previously and not that long ago.

Putinbot1
A guy at work said something had happened in America, we went to the rec room and everyone was watching sky news coverage. 7 years later my 2nd oldest son was in Helmand with 2 para.

Dr Will Hatch
My eighth grade science class.

The thing that I remember most was that we were a bunch of little punks that didn't take it seriously. When the principal explained that this was a terrorist attack, somebody made a paper airplane and crashed it into their desk sarcastically.

Later, one kid was taken out of school early because his parents had thought that a relative was in one of the buildings(Thankfully, they weren't and it was a false alarm). My own folks also took me out early.

Later that night, I was complaining that this news coverage was interrupting my TV time and made fun of the patriotic stuff people on TV were saying. My dad told me that this is serious and to show some respect. This shocked me because my dad is the exact opposite of a patriotic person normally.

HammerT1me
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
My eighth grade science class.

The thing that I remember most was that we were a bunch of little punks that didn't take it seriously. When the principal explained that this was a terrorist attack, somebody made a paper airplane and crashed it into their desk sarcastically.

That little ***** ass punk.

Eon Blue
Getting a hot bukake with some mutual friends.

steverules_2
Shit 2001! Uhm starting secondary school

Adam_PoE
I was getting ready for class, and saw it on television. At first, I thought it was footage of the World Trade Center bombing from 1993.

ArtificialGlory
I was like 11, playing video games with a buddy.
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Getting a hot bukake with some mutual friends.
Were you giving or on the receiving end?

HammerT1me

panthergod
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I was like 11, playing video games with a buddy.

Were you giving or on the receiving end?

He said "getting"... sick sick

cdtm
I think that was the day I found a ruler with all the presidents on it, and was trying to memorize them all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.