Would you date a transgender person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gauntlet o doom

I had a discussion with friends the other night and opinions were divided and there were several considerations and issues raised.
- would it matter if they've had the operation?
- would it matter how early they transitioned?
- do they need to look convincingly like the gender they ascribe to?
- would you like to know immediately or be told later in a relationship?
- would you want your friends/family to know they were transgender? Is there more freedom in dating someone who's a proud transgender or is it better to date someone who doesn't tell anyone about it?

Let's say all the inner traits that you're looking for in a partner can be found in this one person but he/she/they then mention that they were originally of the opposite sex, would you then look at them differently? There's probably no right or wrong answer to the original question, it's just a matter of preferences, but opinions would be great.

Trocity
Absolutely not.

The thought disgusts me.

Bashar Teg
As a certain otf thread has proven countless times, transgender woman can be hot af.

Still I would not, even if they had a "sex change" operation....unless of course they start growing functional pussies in labs for transplants. Then maybe I would. Until then it's just mutilated penises, and I lack the intellectual self-deception required to believe that I'm not putting my penis inside another mutilated penis.

Surtur
I would not date one under any circumstance.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
As a certain otf thread has proven countless times, transgender woman can be hot af.

Still I would not, even if they had a "sex change" operation....unless of course they start growing functional pussies in labs for transplants. Then maybe I would. Until then it's just mutilated penises, and I lack the intellectual self-deception required to believe that I'm not putting my penis inside another mutilated penis.

There's always anal.

I mean, an ******* is an *******. stick out tongue

Surtur
One question is: does refusing to date a trans person make one transphobic? Some have tried to make that argument...which makes no sense to me. Are gay people heterophobic?

jaden_2.0
Not if she has a beard.

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
One question is: does refusing to date a trans person make one transphobic? Some have tried to make that argument...which makes no sense to me. Are gay people heterophobic?

Goddamnit Surt, I was just thinking about a counter argument if you said that, and then thought "No. Surt would never say that." sad

NemeBro
I'd only date a trans woman if they still had the dick. thumb up

cdtm

Only time I honestly saw someone make that argument, gay man in the room said "No, that isn't homophobic for a heterosexual man to prefer She-Ra's rack to He-Man's pec. That's what you call "normal".

Impediment
Yes, but only if they looked good and not like a man who claimed to be a woman.

cdtm
Serious question:

How do you all know that you haven't? smile

dadudemon
No, not my cup of tea.

I've been around the block: never had the urge or desire to hook up with a transexual or a transgender.

In person, it is much easier to tell. If you guys got out more, you'd understand that.

gauntlet o doom
Personally, as good looking as some are - let's say a trans who looks identical to Charlize Theron wanted to sleep with me - I don't think I have it in me to sleep with, basically, a biological dude.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Only time I honestly saw someone make that argument, gay man in the room said "No, that isn't homophobic for a heterosexual man to prefer She-Ra's rack to He-Man's pec. That's what you call "normal".

I don't think people are saying the "are gay guys heterophobic" is a thing that gets asked a lot. Rather, it's the logical conclusion we'd all have to come to if we succumb to the sheer insanity that is "you're transphobic if you won't date a transgender person".

Hell then we'd have to apply it to race too. So now a black woman who only dates black men is racist as f*ck(to be clear, she'd receive less backlash than a white woman saying she'd only date whites).

Bentley
If they were the person I'm interested in, of course.

Galan007
Originally posted by dadudemon
In person, it is much easier to tell. When they pull their cock out it's a dead giveaway. thumb up

BrolyBlack
No, not my cup of tea.

I've been around the block: never had the urge or desire to hook up with a transexual or a transgender.

In person, it is much easier to tell. If you guys got out more, you'd understand that.

What this really means is you prefer guys

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What this really means is you prefer guys

I have Jesus in my Heart, not my butt.

I'm not a nun.

Eon Blue

cdtm
No, not my cup of tea.

Not so easy, in my experience. At a party, a semi-famous woman from a local modeling agency was wowing the guys. Afterwards, I chime in with "Guys, pretty sure she wasn't born a she."

Cue the "You're nuts! That's all woman!"

A few days later the host brings up how she had both bits, and needed surgery done to go in one direction.

On the other hand, I could have been as easily wrong, because there are plenty of women with masculine features (What set me off was something about the bone structure and jawline. Seemed a bit off.. But again, I'd imagine there are women by birth who have such features.)

Surtur
Not so easy, in my experience. At a party, a semi-famous woman from a local modeling agency was wowing the guys. Afterwards, I chime in with "Guys, pretty sure she wasn't born a she."

A few days later the host brings up how she had both bits, and needed surgery done to go in one direction.

On the other hand, I could have been as easily wrong, because there are plenty of women with masculine features (What set me off was something about the bone structure and jawline. Seemed a bit off.. But again, I'd imagine there are women by birth who have such features.)

This is why if you're trans you owe it to anyone you're dating to be immediately up front with them if you feel there is even a 1% chance they don't know. This needs to be done within the first 10 minutes of the first date. Hell if you chat briefly before the first date occurs it needs to be disclosed(why waste money on a date if it won't go anywhere?)

Adam_PoE
I am not attracted to women, regardless of their bodies; and while many trans men are attractive, there is currently no procedure that can reassign female genitals to male.

This is a more challenging question for men who are attracted to women, because trans women are more indistinguishable from cis women than their trans man counterparts from cis men.

Bentley
(why waste money on a date if it won't go anywhere?)

You date whores?

snowdragon
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom

I had a discussion with friends the other night and opinions were divided and there were several considerations and issues raised.
- would it matter if they've had the operation?
- would it matter how early they transitioned?
- do they need to look convincingly like the gender they ascribe to?
- would you like to know immediately or be told later in a relationship?
- would you want your friends/family to know they were transgender? Is there more freedom in dating someone who's a proud transgender or is it better to date someone who doesn't tell anyone about it?

Let's say all the inner traits that you're looking for in a partner can be found in this one person but he/she/they then mention that they were originally of the opposite sex, would you then look at them differently? There's probably no right or wrong answer to the original question, it's just a matter of preferences, but opinions would be great.

Maybe but probably not.

Eon Blue

Surtur
Originally posted by Bentley
You date whores?

I meant that the relationship won't go anywhere and this is guaranteed because one person is not into guys.

Robtard
You date whores?

Don't be silly. Whores cost money.

Surtur
^SDS going strong smile

HammerT1me
Hell. no.

BrolyBlack
I have Jesus in my Heart, not my butt.

I'm not a nun.

laughing out loud

Surtur
Jesus is God tho and God is everywhere...

carthage
Imagine actually using the term cis in real life 😂

cdtm
You date whores?

Does being suckered Into giving one a free ride count as a "date"?

Because pretty sure this woman who was crying crocodile tears, with zero streaks down her face, as she put makeup on in the mirror, as she expressed hatred for the police when I asked her if she needed the police and asked me to drop.her off at a hotel on a night when police cars were everywhere, was a hooker.

That or a drug mule. Judging by the plastic looking outfit, my vote is hooker (She also asked for money, and I said no., and dropped her off at a stoplight. Probably wasn't a sting setup on an unsuspecting john, but this was too weird for me.)

Surtur
Originally posted by carthage
Imagine actually using the term cis in real life 😂

Some sissies probably use the term cis.

Get it...cis...sissies...get it?!

MythLord
Hmm, I would possibly date a post-op trans person, yes.

MythLord
You are not transphobic just because you don't have a preference for dating trans people. You're transpobic if you act like a d!ck to them just because they don't get your gears grinding.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
You are not transphobic just because you don't have a preference for dating trans people. You're transpobic if you act like a d!ck to them just because they don't get your gears grinding.

Sounds like you're saying some folk don't like trans people because they don't get turned on by them. Yeah, that's a weird reason and transphobic. Though I personally have never encountered anyone who disliked them for that reason.

I mean if someone said to me "I hate gays because men don't turn me on" I'd think they were gay deep down.

Robtard
Originally posted by Galan007
When they pull their cock out it's a dead giveaway. thumb up

Heh

Eon Blue
Sounds like you're saying some folk don't like trans people because they don't get turned on by them. Yeah, that's a weird reason and transphobic. Though I personally have never encountered anyone who disliked them for that reason.

I mean if someone said to me "I hate gays because men don't turn me on" I'd think they were gay deep down.

You just described yourself, Surt.

dadudemon

I am aware that there are idiots who cannot tell. They deserve the awkward situation when clothes come off, too. smile

Adam_PoE
I am aware that there are idiots who cannot tell. They deserve the awkward situation when clothes come off, too. smile

It is cute how cis straight people think they can always clock someone who is LGBT.

Robtard
I've seen a few trans women that you simply can not tell. To the point I questioned if it was actually a woman pretending to be trans for a laugh.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It is cute how cis straight people think they can always clock someone who is LGBT.

No, not "LGBT".

A homosexual man who presents themselves as a female human is much easier to "distinguish" in the real world than on filtered and touched up Instagram posts.

And men who say, "I couldn't tell!" are usually lying. They feel the need to cover up their indulges when they should really come out of the closet or admit they are bisexual like the other 99.99% of all humans.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
I've seen a few trans women that you simply can not tell. To the point I questioned if it was actually a woman pretending to be trans for a laugh.

I've seen many cute and adorable Transgender and Transexual male-to-female people in the real world, as well. You can tell with pretty much all and rather easily. Some of them were very beautiful. Many are cute.

I say "pretty much all" because there is probably a trap out there somewhere who could fool me. smile

jaden_2.0
All the make up and hair products can't hide their big ol' Adam's apple.

Robtard
Some don't have the apple or have had it removed, these are the ones that are the most passable.

If Ann Coulter removed her adam's apple, she would pass for female

Surtur
A transgender woman could say "no you're confusing adam's apple with eve's peach".

Trocity

Maximum overcringe.

Adam_PoE
No, not "LGBT".

A homosexual man who presents themselves as a female human is much easier to "distinguish" in the real world than on filtered and touched up Instagram posts.

And men who say, "I couldn't tell!" are usually lying. They feel the need to cover up their indulges when they should really come out of the closet or admit they are bisexual like the other 99.99% of all humans.

Yes, LGBT.

Cisgender heterosexual people think they can always tell, not just when someone is transgender, but when someone is gay, lesbian, or bisexual as well.

Well, guess what? You cannot.

cdtm
I had no idea a mass media teacher I was working with is gay. If there's a "gay profile", he sure didn't hit any of it.

Was a bit of an awkward experience when he told me. Mainly because I had no idea why he felt compelled to bring it up (We were in a crowded news room, and it kind of came out of nowhere. All I could do is say "Why no, I had no idea" and hope desperately for the moment to pass.)

dadudemon
Yes, LGBT.

Cisgender heterosexual people think they can always tell, not just when someone is transgender, but when someone is gay, lesbian, or bisexual as well.

Well, guess what? You cannot.

You're not talking about what I'm talking about so, no, not "LGBT." You're talking about the wrong thing.

What you're talking about is biolgical-sex-dar, gayder, and queerdar. Which is weird.

Yes, I can tell when men are gay rather easily. Even the non-flamboyant ones. But not nearly as well as I can tell for the Trans-community.

Also, I've never met a "cisgendered heterosexual" person that claimed they could always tell. Are you hanging out with only rural, poor, white people?

Eon Blue

Adam_PoE
Yes, I can tell when men are gay rather easily. Even the non-flamboyant ones. But not nearly as well as I can tell for the Trans-community.

And I am telling you as a member of the LGBT community who has much more experience with LGBT people than you ever will, I think it is cute you think that.

DeadpoolXXX
Well, guess what? You cannot. how do you know what other people can and cannot do?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
how do you know what other people can and cannot do?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/02fe60b35a580691597af7133c6bf3e2/tumblr_p6roz8uTm71u7gt7ro1_r1_400.gif

Eon Blue
https://66.media.tumblr.com/02fe60b35a580691597af7133c6bf3e2/tumblr_p6roz8uTm71u7gt7ro1_r1_400.gif

Concession accepted.

dadudemon
And I am telling you as a member of the LGBT community who has much more experience with LGBT people than you ever will, I think it is cute you think that.

Oh, the logical fallacy known as argumentum ab auctoritate with a dash of ad ignorantiam to try and solidify your position.

My experience in the LGBT+ community is yours * 1.3.

Multiply whatever sample set you have by 1.3 to arrive at my sample set. My sample set also has 3.4x geography of yours meaning my sample set comes from a greater number of locales than yours.

Adam_PoE * 1.3 = dadudemon

dadudemon > Adam_PoE where dadudemon and Adam_PoE are numbers that are rounded, positive, whole numbers.

Q.E.D.

P.S. Still batting 1.000 when determining whether or not someone is a transsexual. "But you can't tell." You can't tell that I can't tell other than you claiming that you can tell that I can't tell which is ridiculous. thumb up

BackFire
Maybe. There are a lot of trans women that I find attractive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.