OxyContin Producer flies for bankruptcy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Poetic Justice

Surtur
What about those with a legit need for the medication?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur

Duh, smoke more weed obviously.......

Raptor22

Surtur
I wonder how many hurt by the drug followed the directions on how to take the drug properly.

SquallX
Every big drug corporations should be burn to the ground. They do nothing but destroy lives.

Doctors are also part of the problem, they force kids to be on multiple drugs at a time that ****s with their developments and growths. By the time they reach into their teenage years, their are so drugged they are unable to function.

BrolyBlack

What can oxy do that weed cannot?

Raptor22
I wonder how many hurt by the drug followed the directions on how to take the drug properly. depends on what u mean by properly.

There's how much they should properly be prescribed based on the type of injury/illness they're dealing with.

And theres how much the dr prescribes them and tells them they should properly take. which is often not soley decided based on the patients best interest, but includes other factors like huge profits for the drs and pharmaceutical companies themselves.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

Alleviate extreme pain...

Smoking weed did *not* help with the pain from my latest surgery.

SquallX

BrolyBlack
Alleviate extreme pain...

Smoking weed did *not* help with the pain from my latest surgery.

Are you still on oxy?

Surtur
Are you still on oxy?

No I'm only given it for surgeries. I take tramadol, which is still a narcotic...just not as potent as vicodin or oxy.

jaden_2.0
How's your recovery going, Surt? Well, I hope.

Surtur

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
How's your recovery going, Surt? Well, I hope.

Thanks. I'm 99% recovered from the surgery and have 2 weeks of physical therapy left.

SquallX

Surtur
To be fair the doctors are the ones that ultimately decide whether or not to prescribe a kid a drug. I realize drug companies give them incentives to prescribe their stuff as much as possible, but the docs choose to do it. They take an oath to do no harm.

SquallX

Robtard
Solely blaming the end-user without taking into account the addictive nature of oxy is a silly stance to take.

In fact, it's the stance the pharmaceutical corporations take. "It's not us or the drug, it's the criminals abusing them."

Surtur
Good thing nobody here is solely blaming the user.

Robtard
Good thing nobody here is solely blaming the user.

You did imply it, but multiple people jumped in and set you down the correct path it seems. That's progress; that's a good thing.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
You did imply it, but multiple people jumped in and set you down the correct path it seems. That's progress; that's a good thing.

No, I didn't imply it.

Surtur

Blakemore
Originally posted by Robtard
You did imply it, but multiple people jumped in and set you down the correct path it seems. That's progress; that's a good thing. "jumped in and set you down the correct path" haermm
Oh robtard

Emperordmb
So I'm speaking as someone who enjoys and is a huge advocate for weed, and as someone who once had a rather negative brush with opiates (in that case fentanyl).

Last summer I had to get a pilonidal cyst removed from my ass. They left the wound open so it would heal right, and every day I had to pull the gauze out, and spray the inside of my open ass wound with a shower head.

I used oxycontin as a painkiller the first few times I had to spray a showerhead into my open ass wound. After a few days I tried just getting really high on weed before hopping in the shower. After a few seconds of spraying that water into that open wound with no oxycontin, even despite being high, I was like "**** this I need the ****ing oxycontin"

SquallX

Raptor22
^
It is more potent, but still doesn't hold a candle to the pain killing levels of opioids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.