Predator vs The Thing (John Carpenter movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyrannoraptor
Any type of Yautja vs this creature.

CaveDude33211
Yautja most likely gets assimilated by The Thing.

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Yautja most likely gets assimilated by The Thing.
But Predator may have his plasma cannon to defend himself.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Tyrannoraptor
But Predator may have his plasma cannon to defend himself.

If he uses plasma then he wins but if he tries hand to hand then he loses

ShadowFyre
All of the above are correct. The yautja has the technology to kill it but it can also assimilate him/her

TheVaultDweller
I'd back the Predator more often than not. Despite their whole supposed honour shtick, a lot of them are kinda dicks who will plasma snipe you from a distance while using stealth. And some of them are also sore losers and will just blow everything the phuck up if it looks like things are going sideways.

KingD19
They like to hunt not fight. That's why in 2 the pred almost wasted a kid because he thought his toy gun was real at first.

Robtard
Really depends on the setting and what shape the Thing is currently in?

If it's a generic arena type of match and setting, then the Pred just blasts it away via cannon. If the Pred decides to go H2H, he easily cuts it into pieces, but then those pieces would be close enough to attack and latch on, then it's over.

If it's in a jungle and the Thing has already assimilated the local fauna, then it could conceivably get close to the Pred taking the shape of a small mammal as disguise.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Robtard
Really depends on the setting and what shape the Thing is currently in?

If it's a generic arena type of match and setting, then the Pred just blasts it away via cannon. If the Pred decides to go H2H, he easily cuts it into pieces, but then those pieces would be close enough to attack and latch on, then it's over.

If it's in a jungle and the Thing has already assimilated the local fauna, then it could conceivably get close to the Pred taking the shape of a small mammal as disguise.

Yup

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
They like to hunt not fight. That's why in 2 the pred almost wasted a kid because he thought his toy gun was real at first.

I never mentioned hunting or fighting. I said honour. And we see this in the occasional one-on-one duels, the kill marks some make, the trophies they take from fallen prey etc. And yet, some of them, as I said, will just trigger a bigass bomb if it looks like they are losing anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.