Current Superman vs Current Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Super-fan1230
Superman-
https://i.imgur.com/27DdE21.jpg
vs
All new Sentry
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11137/111370208/6758809-sentry.jpg
Who wins ?

MrMind
superman one-shots him

carver9
Sentry wins after a decent fight.

Galan007
We don't even know the extent of this merged Sentry's power right now.

In his last solo series he easily stomped a 'Sentrified' Billy, She-Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Cranio... And in his most recent appearance, merged Sentry looks to perhaps be warping reality on a city-sized scale.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007

In his last solo series he easily stomped a 'Sentrified' Billy, She-Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Cranio... And in his most recent appearance, merged Sentry looks to perhaps be warping reality on a city-sized scale.

Yes, but Namor and Immortal Hulk raped them just the same.

Superman camp is arguing that Supes can assrape Manhattan now, while at the same time assraping (and recreating...?) all of existence, so what can poor Bob do?

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Superman camp is arguing that Supes can assrape Manhattan now, while at the same time assraping (and recreating...?) all of existence, so what can poor Bob do?

well there was that....punch...which he was very much amped

I still think regular superman is only trans tier though...above sentry obviously

Super-fan1230
He has been soloing Aaron's Avengers whom are pretty weak

Galan007

Superman camp is arguing that Supes can assrape Manhattan now, while at the same time assraping (and recreating...?) all of existence, so what can poor Bob do? Yeah, current Sentry hasn't done anything that is beyond the ability of his previous forms.

...Owning Molecule Man, for example, was a LOT more impressive than anything merged Sentry has done so far.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
well there was that....punch...which he was very much amped

I still think regular superman is only trans tier though...above sentry obviously

We don't know how powerful this Merged Sentry is.

Theoretically, he should be able to pwn a dozen of Supermen, while chatting with you on sexcams.

MrMind
We don't know how powerful this Merged Sentry is.

Theoretically, he should be able to pwn a dozen of Supermen, while chatting with you on sexcams.

sentry is yummy, I'd tap that

Adam Grimes
Merged Sentry may finally be as impressive as unmerged Superman. Hopefully.

AlbertoJohnAvil

That's above anything current Supes demonstrated without being amped.

DarkSaint85
Current Superman is Superman.

Why do you keep saying it as if there's a difference?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Current Superman is Superman.

Why do you keep saying it as if there's a difference?

Because he's weaker than even New 52 based on what's hes shown.

If It was POST IC Superman than yeah I would say he'd win in a close match.. but rebirth superman has literally not been impressive so far apart of destroying a planet, but that's inconsistent with his other dozen of low ends.

Seriously "current" Superman needed to BFR DOS Superman. and you think he isn't weaker? OK

DarkSaint85
Please stop.

They're the same. Mod ruling.

Super-fan1230
Lmao they are the same and it was confimerd by Scott Snyder on Twitter

AlbertoJohnAvil
Okay, let me ask you a question. Is Post ic Superman stronger than Doomsday?

https://i.postimg.cc/nM7dLSNM/doas.jpg

You think the Superman before new 52 started would had needed to BFR DOS Doomsday?

Honest question

TheHulkster
Please stop.

They're the same. Mod ruling.

"Current" doesn't necessarily mean a different character, so much as a different portrayal. People have repeatedly made reference to "current Thor".

Galan007
Of course they're the same. The evidence is explicit:

http://i.imgur.com/uqSD2eeh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/re5JLp7h.jpg

Hence the mod ruling:
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman: As of the Superman Reborn arc, Superman is now considered to be an amalgamation of both the Post-Crisis and New 52 versions of Superman, and has all the feats that come with both.

End of story.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Galan.,.. I'm not saying they're different, i'm saying He's not operating at the levels.

Originally posted by TheHulkster
"Current" doesn't necessarily mean a different character, so much as a different portrayal. People have repeatedly made reference to "current Thor".

^This is what I'm talking about.

qwertyuiop1998
It already comfirmed in comics long ago, For example:In Supergirl issue #8 clearly showed and stated post-crisis Superman and new52 Superman are merged as one Superman( Rebirth Superman, Of course)

DarkSaint85

Who is different from classic Thor (up until he became worthy again).

No Mjolnir
Jarnbjorn
A black uru arm
No teleportation abilities

The differences, especially in a forum fight, make him a different character.

It's a pretty poor analogy with Superman.

MrMind
marvel fanboys won't stop until they split each dc character to different versions per issue, so their pet marvel characters can have a slim chance, can't blame them

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Galan.,.. I'm not saying they're different, i'm saying He's not operating at the levels.

^This is what I'm talking about.

So what, we take Superman as of last week's issue? Last two weeks?

That's stupid.

Galan007
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
It already comfirmed in comics long ago, For example:In Supergirl issue #8 clearly showed and stated post-crisis Superman and new52 Superman are merged as one Superman( Rebirth Superman, Of course) thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/tAw1pxqh.jpg

But again, Rebirth Superman = post-Crisis Superman + DCnU Superman. As such, he gets the feats of both. Mod ruling.

Period, end of story.

TheHulkster
Who is different from classic Thor (up until he became worthy again).

No Mjolnir
Jarnbjorn
A black uru arm
No teleportation abilities

The differences, especially in a forum fight, make him a different character.

It's a pretty poor analogy with Superman.

Current Thor has Mjolnir. Either way, how is it a different character? It's the same character with different circumstances.

This very thread says "current Sentry". Same character albeit with a merger. All previous feats of the merged halves should count but in this very thread, you have people saying that Merged Sentry doesn't hardly have any feats to be judged by.

What makes this different?

DarkSaint85
Current Thor has Mjolnir. Either way, how is it a different character? It's the same character with different circumstances.

This very thread says "current Sentry". Same character albeit with a merger. All previous feats of the merged halves should count but in this very thread, you have people saying that Merged Sentry doesn't hardly have any feats to be judged by.

What makes this different?
Which is why I said (up until he had Mjolnir again). Lol.

Either way? I literally explained how if it was prior to him getting Mjolnir back, he had different offensive and defensive capabilities. Hence, in a forum setting, vastly different.

As for the Sentry, because his powers depend HEAVILY on his mindset, agree?

So what's the current Sentry's mindset like, relative to his previous incarnations?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Current Sentry is merged with the void. Before he had dynamic strength lol

Also, current Sentry casually trashed both current thor and she hulk

TheHulkster
Does current Sentry gets all of the feats from pre-merged Sentry and pre-merged Void?

DarkSaint85

Stoic
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
It already comfirmed in comics long ago, For example:In Supergirl issue #8 clearly showed and stated post-crisis Superman and new52 Superman are merged as one Superman( Rebirth Superman, Of course)

Nu52 Superman died WTF? Superman even makes reference to this other Superman in Action Comics just before his confrontation with Rebirth DOS Doomsday. The Doomsday that Jor-El imprisoned. You've thoroughly confused me. Explain yourself or be Nullified.

Stoic

In other words we have to wait and see. But we all know that Sentry wins this.

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Stoic
Nu52 Superman died WTF? Superman even makes reference to this other Superman in Action Comics just before his confrontation with Rebirth DOS Doomsday. The Doomsday that Jor-El imprisoned. You've thoroughly confused me. Explain yourself or be Nullified. Well, It was explained in Superman #19 that N52 Superman is come from the original Superman(Rebirth Superman), When the original Superman was separated in half, One became N52 Superman and later he died.....In physically, But he actually was transferred to an energy, Then Later they were merged again in Action Comics
https://postimg.cc/dkVLq61x
https://postimg.cc/1gH8h29F
https://postimg.cc/94VDkCjV
https://postimg.cc/tsdTWwnc

MrMind
Apparently Stoic completely missed the Superman Reborn storyline

MrMind
Of course they're the same. The evidence is explicit:

http://i.imgur.com/uqSD2eeh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/re5JLp7h.jpg

Hence the mod ruling:

End of story.

And same thing applied to Superman supporting cast, villains and mythos etc

carver9
Which is why I said (up until he had Mjolnir again). Lol.

Either way? I literally explained how if it was prior to him getting Mjolnir back, he had different offensive and defensive capabilities. Hence, in a forum setting, vastly different.

As for the Sentry, because his powers depend HEAVILY on his mindset, agree?

So what's the current Sentry's mindset like, relative to his previous incarnations?

Rebirth Superman and DCNU Superman mindset is completely different. Lol. Dont know why you're asking about mindset.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Rebirth Superman and DCNU Superman mindset is completely different. Lol. Dont know why you're asking about mindset.

So you agree Superman's powers depend on his mindset....And he ramps up when mental blocks are off?

evil face

carver9
Wait, so an amped Namor and Immortal Hulk doing good against the Avengers is a low showing for the Avengers? Or does it mean Namor and Hulk is just that powerful?

DarkSaint85
Wait, so an amped Namor and Immortal Hulk doing good against the Avengers is a lie showing for the Avengers? Or does it mean Namor and Hulk is just that powerful?

Cap was beating this 'amped' Namor pretty well....

What was his amp, btw?

carver9
So you agree Superman's powers depend on his mindset....And he ramps up when mental blocks are off?

evil face

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is, Post Crisis Superman is FAR more level headed than DCNU Superman who was one of the most cocky Supermen in existence. Being cocky vs being more stable doesnt have anything to do with a power increase. Lol.

DarkSaint85
Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is, Post Crisis Superman is FAR more level headed than DCNU Superman who was one of the most cocky Supermen in existence. Being cocky vs being more stable doesnt have anything to do with a power increase. Lol.

So you completely misunderstood my point as per usual.

JBL THE GREAT
Sentry every time.

SquallX

TheHulkster
Well, current Sentry's mind is stable now. So doesn't that mean that he is now more formidable than before?

panthergod
Superman punches him out of existence.

Adam Grimes
We go by feats.

xJLxKing
Nothing was shown about Sentry yet

TheHulkster
Plenty has been shown of sentry.

Super-fan1230
bump

Adam Grimes
Plenty has been shown of sentry. such as

xJLxKing
Plenty has been shown of sentry.
Of this merged sentry? Can you tell me what? He has 2 issues

TheHulkster
Current Sentry is Sentry.

xJLxKing
Lol

CatL18
Off topic.
Why current Superman is so underrated?
Does he low-end feats?
But, it is same as every characters in comic.

abhilegend
Its just comicvine.

JBL THE GREAT
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its just comicvine. Whats so bad about that place?

carver9
Sentry stomps

Super-fan1230
Sentry gets feats from before and superman gets feats from new 52 and post crisis both

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Super-fan1230
Sentry gets feats from before and superman gets feats from new 52 and post crisis both

Does that include Void's feats?

MrMind
Wouldn't matter, Superman builds a helicarrier in attosecond then smashing it into void , turning him back into Bob.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL THE GREAT
Whats so bad about that place?
laughing out loud

Where to start?

MrMind
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Where to start?

The cosmic battles aren't that bad, for example most people agree Lucifer and Michael can beat Beyonder and Owen now

DarkSaint85
Ok. So we have seen a bit more of current Sentry.

MrMind
superman still one-shot, nothing changed

Galan007
I was thoroughly disappointed with his portrayal.

DarkSaint85
OKOYE WAS STRANGLING HIM WITH A SPEAR lol.

StiltmanFTW
Okoye is a black female... who also happens to be bald... and Wakandan...

Sentry never stood a chance against such power.

MrMind
Okoye is a black female... who also happens to be bald... and Wakandan...

Sentry never stood a chance against such power.

You'd think out of everyone in that group Thor would be the one who beat the void out of sentry, nope it's fat cobra. and he ate the void energy like eating a gumball

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
You'd think out of everyone in that group Thor would be the one who beat the void out of sentry, nope it's fat cobra. and he ate the void energy like eating a gumball

Thor was getting his ass handed to him.

Loved it.

xJLxKing

StiltmanFTW
Yeah.

And don't forget that she was played by Danai Jekesai Gurira... who also played Michonne from The Walking Dead...

Who Sentry is again?

Galan007
My favorite part was when Fat Cobra socked the Void right out of Sentry, then just ate it like a f*cking Baozi. thumb up

Adam Grimes
Thor was getting his ass handed to him.

Loved it. Lol he had to use Mjolnir to match Sentry's punch.

Bentley
Thor got destroyed.

So... since Thor is Superman's equal in everything, then Sentry wins here

abhilegend
Rage, is that you?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sentry just manhandled Current Thor
or well Sentry just seemed pretty inffective until Fat Cobra plot moment happened

DarkSaint85
It wasn't just Thor.

Okoye was strangling him. Wasp was hurting him.

carver9
Sentry

abhilegend
Sentry just manhandled Current Thor
or well Sentry just seemed pretty inffective until Fat Cobra plot moment happened
Are you having a stroke?

AlbertoJohnAvil
The rest of the fight went with fat cobra hitting him with a chi palm to release and contain the bad chi lmao cats acting like it was a L. Get over it.

carver9
The rest of the fight went with fat cobra hitting him with a chi palm to release and contain the bad chi lmao cats acting like it was a L. Get over it.

Fat Cobra prepped for that attack. If it was just him and Sentry, he wouldve got ripped in half.

StiltmanFTW
It wasn't just Thor.

Okoye was strangling him. Wasp was hurting him.

And Thor's performance was the worst.

Restored Thor, Destroyer arm, with full command of Mjolnir.

I love Marvel http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

AlbertoJohnAvil
They explained that Sentry was still getting used to his powers

Bentley
And Thor's performance was the worst.

Restored Thor, Destroyer arm, with full command of Mjolnir.

I love Marvel http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

You could just switch Thor and Thing and nobody would notice

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
You could just switch Thor and Thing and nobody would notice

Thing wouldn't suck so bad.

As for your earlier post, Thor "killed" Sentry only because:

1) he was amped by Norn Stones

2) he had an entire team backing him up, also amped by Norn Stones

3) Bob wanted to be defeated

4) one could argue Sentry killing Ares weakened him, if we count that What if intro which elaborates on that

One-on-one, he got raped by Sentry, who wasn't even in his full crab form yet.

Bentley
Given how easily any version of Sentry stomps Thor it pretty much implies WWHulk is vastly above his paygrade.

SquallX
Make Thor Odinson great again!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SquallX
Make Thor Odinson great again!

He was never great to begin with.

MrMind
Thor got destroyed.

year one superman blitze the crap out of sentry, he punches sentry so hard the shockwave kills thor as an after effect

https://i.imgur.com/hcvwvuz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nQLFvvW.jpg

-K-M-

StiltmanFTW
Their Alpha Flight plans are even better!

-K-M-

Galan007
Originally posted by -K-M-
Shame Marvel doesn't know what to do with Sentry.

Marvel Executive: what's next for Sentry?

Writer: i don't know. Maybe make him go to space for whatever reason????

Marvel Executive: didn't we already do that like 3 times already?

Writer: yes, but this time he will have a new color scheme

Marvel Executive: Brillant! back he goes to Limbo So true, though. Sentry comes back every couple years with something new going on with his powers, stays around for a few issues, then flies back into space for another few years... He's like the comic version of Raz, ffs.

Sentry fans will probably hate me for this, but I think Marvel needs to get rid of the whole Void dynamic(it's just an old and predictable trope with him at this point), and just make Sentry a hyper-powerful Superman analogue with a mild personality disorder... Then put him back on a team book and let the stories flow.

I thoroughly enjoyed Sentry back when he was on the New Avengers lineup, and I feel like that's what they need to do with him again... Except no Void bullshit every other issue.

tkitna
I knew they were going to job Sentry in the Black Panther book. He went from taking care of the Avengers A team with just a gesture to getting hurt by the Wasps stings, a BP kick, and getting schooled by Z class nobodies.

*sigh*

Stoic
So true, though. Sentry comes back every couple years with something new going on with his powers, stays around for a few issues, then flies back into space for another few years... He's like the comic version of Raz, ffs.

Sentry fans will probably hate me for this, but I think Marvel needs to get rid of the whole Void dynamic(it's just an old and predictable trope with him at this point), and just make Sentry a hyper-powerful Superman analogue with a mild personality disorder... Then put him back on a team book and let the stories flow.

I thoroughly enjoyed Sentry back when he was on the New Avengers lineup, and I feel like that's what they need to do with him again... Except no Void bullshit every other issue.

Different writers do different things. At some point you have to toss it out if it isn't contiguous with where we left off last.

Bentley
They should launch a serious cosmic book with Sentry and Warlock

Enzeru
Originally posted by tkitna
I knew they were going to job Sentry in the Black Panther book. He went from taking care of the Avengers A team with just a gesture to getting hurt by the Wasps stings, a BP kick, and getting schooled by Z class nobodies.

*sigh*

I mean, you have to be realistic about it: It's a Black Panther & Friends book. The Sentry was not in the book, so that Jim Zub could shine some light on him as a character. Sentry was in the book, because his powers were perfect for putting a good amount of the Agents of Wakanda into the spotlight. Sentrys Jedi Mind Tricks showed us Okoyes, Wasps and Fat Cobras self-doubts and anxieties. Fat Cobra even got to do more.

And me personally, I didn't even view it as jobbing. It would have been jobbing, if you had the Sentry at full power being tossed around. Obviously, no matter how weakened the Sentry is, someone like Okoye shouldn't even be in the same country as him, when it comes to a fight. But we both know that you can't comics like that.
It was nice to see, that Jim Zub at least put some effort into powering the Sentry down by making him basically fight himself (again). The mental attacks for example. Both Okoye and Wasp were able to fight Sentrys mental assault off. Remember all the other times Wasp was attacked by the Sentry mentally? She was lying on the ground and crying. Everyone was.

I'm more curious what's next for the Sentry. I read that he'll appear somewhere else after his appearance in 'Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda'. I'm very much looking forward to it.

tkitna
Originally posted by Enzeru
I mean, you have to be realistic about it: It's a Black Panther & Friends book. The Sentry was not in the book, so that Jim Zub could shine some light on him as a character. Sentry was in the book, because his powers were perfect for putting a good amount of the Agents of Wakanda into the spotlight. Sentrys Jedi Mind Tricks showed us Okoyes, Wasps and Fat Cobras self-doubts and anxieties. Fat Cobra even got to do more.

And me personally, I didn't even view it as jobbing. It would have been jobbing, if you had the Sentry at full power being tossed around. Obviously, no matter how weakened the Sentry is, someone like Okoye shouldn't even be in the same country as him, when it comes to a fight. But we both know that you can't comics like that.
It was nice to see, that Jim Zub at least put some effort into powering the Sentry down by making him basically fight himself (again). The mental attacks for example. Both Okoye and Wasp were able to fight Sentrys mental assault off. Remember all the other times Wasp was attacked by the Sentry mentally? She was lying on the ground and crying. Everyone was.

I'm more curious what's next for the Sentry. I read that he'll appear somewhere else after his appearance in 'Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda'. I'm very much looking forward to it.

I'm aware of what your saying, but your way more lax about the whole thing than I am. I understand the entire point was to make the actual characters of the book look good, but at least make it somewhat more realistic to the actual characterization of the Sentry. Crying out in pain after a sting from the Wasp,,,,seriously? A distraction I can understand, but actually being hurt I cant get behind. Sentry took shots in the head and face from Thors hammer but yet the Black Panther kicks him in the chest and hurts him? It was pretty poor writing in my opinion.

MrMind
Thor got destroyed.

Except Thor's equivalent is Donna Troy or Superboy

It's like saying since khabib (sentry) has beaten down McGregor(Thor), he now can take Jon Jones (Superman). When more than half the UFC roster can kill McGregor. Beating Thor isn't a feat. Stilt has been doing it every afternoon as bedroom foreplay

Enzeru
Originally posted by tkitna

I'm aware of what your saying, but your way more lax about the whole thing than I am. I understand the entire point was to make the actual characters of the book look good, but at least make it somewhat more realistic to the actual characterization of the Sentry. Crying out in pain after a sting from the Wasp,,,,seriously? A distraction I can understand, but actually being hurt I cant get behind. Sentry took shots in the head and face from Thors hammer but yet the Black Panther kicks him in the chest and hurts him? It was pretty poor writing in my opinion.

Nah, you're completely right. More effort should be put into a proper portrayal for sure.
Although I disagree with the Sentry being in pain. The dialogue made it more look like they were just annoying the hell out of him and pushing him around. Wasp said that keeping him off-balance was good.

To me it was more of a "Ughh, stop bothering me, you idiots". He didn't really make noises, when he was being attacked by Thor. His fist collided with Mjolnir and he was emo-monologuing about his inner demons.
Also, the dialogue had made it clear that the Agents of Wakanda were fighting an uphill battle and that they were going to die, if they don't come up with a solution. So it's not all bad. That's probably why I'm chill about it.

tkitna
Nah, you're completely right. More effort should be put into a proper portrayal for sure.
Although I disagree with the Sentry being in pain. The dialogue made it more look like they were just annoying the hell out of him and pushing him around. Wasp said that keeping him off-balance was good.

To me it was more of a "Ughh, stop bothering me, you idiots". He didn't really make noises, when he was being attacked by Thor. His fist collided with Mjolnir and he was emo-monologuing about his inner demons.
Also, the dialogue had made it clear that the Agents of Wakanda were fighting an uphill battle and that they were going to die, if they don't come up with a solution. So it's not all bad. That's probably why I'm chill about it.

I'll leave it alone here directly, but the whole thing is bothering me the more I think about it. So now we have a merged Sentry that isnt merged anymore. The ease at which Fat Cobra dispersed of the Void is troubling to say the least. Where was this guy during Siege and other storylines where the Void was a major threat. A couple of panels and the Void is handled. Seriously?

Also, please get rid of the red and black costume and the black hair. Hate it.

Enzeru
Fat Cobra didn't eat the Void. Fat Cobra extracted and ate the tiny bit of Voids negative energy, which was messing with Sentrys mind. Sentry also stated that he is still trying to figure out how he functions now. He had a slip-up. The next time we see him (which will supposedly happen soon) he'll probably be in control.

These aren't my theories. This is what I saw in the comic and what was also confirmed by the writer on Twitter, when someone asked him about Sentry.

celeyhyga17
thumb up
Merged Sentry still looks "merged".

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up
Merged Sentry still looks "merged".

Yeah, red suit, black hair and all... plus he wouldn't be saying he was still learning his new "self", if he suddenly got depowered.

Adam Grimes
Fat Cobra didn't eat the Void. Fat Cobra extracted and ate the tiny bit of Voids negative energy, which was messing with Sentrys mind. Sentry also stated that he is still trying to figure out how he functions now. He had a slip-up. The next time we see him (which will supposedly happen soon) he'll probably be in control.

These aren't my theories. This is what I saw in the comic and what was also confirmed by the writer on Twitter, when someone asked him about Sentry. But what is the Void if not all the negative energy within Bob?

tkitna
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
But what is the Void if not all the negative energy within Bob?

Right. Isnt the Void all negative energy? It doesn't make much sense.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

But what is the Void if not all the negative energy within Bob?

Sometimes I wish that there is one scene in the comics... one page... which completely explains the relationship between Bob, Sentry and Void in full detail. Instead Marvel keeps it incredibly ambiguous.
I personally like that, because it makes the character more interesting. But I can also only say that, because I've read every single Sentry appearance multiple times, tried to read between the lines, connect the dots and so on. If other people have not done the same, then they're left wondering: "What the actual **** is going on with this mess of a character?"

I also like to think, that Marvel has an in-house wikipedia about their characters for the writers. And I like to think that Sentrys wikipedia mentions a couple of specific things: reality warping, paranoid schizophrenia, split mind. Schizophrenia means "split mind". Sentry doesn't have multiple personalities, which so many readers seem to believe. Instead Marvel has straight up used the term "schizophrenia" and split him in half.

So in the end of the day Bob is a paranoid schizophrenic, who warps reality. The Void is the devil he imagines to see / to be. And he is unwillingly more specific about it by imagining the Void to be the complete opposite of him. If Sentry saves someone, Void kills someone. If Sentry is good, Void is bad. If Sentry is golden, Void is dark. If Sentry is positive, Void is negative.
And that's what we also saw in Agents of Wakanda. Some of that negative energy was affecting the Sentry. Fat Cobra extracted that small amount of negative energy and Sentry was okay again.

Could Fat Cobra extract the full Void and eat it? I highly doubt that. Not only because that would be an insane amount of negative energy, but also because in the end of the day he would still not heal the Sentrys split mind and the Void would keep returning. Schizophrenia can not be cured.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.