Darth Vader (RotJ) vs. Dooku (RotS) and Maul (Rebels)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
In Palpatine's throneroom.

To the death.

Josh_Alexander
Team wins.

Vader can't possible defeat both of them, specially not if we are talking about peak Dooku. Old Dooku would be a fairest match.

I would even bet that a peak Tyranus could solo Vader.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Old Dooku would be a fairest match.

It's the oldest Dooku there can possibly be.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

It's the oldest Dooku there can possibly be.

Ohh sorryy! This is Rebels Maul and ROTS Tyranus.

Give it to the team still.

Vader isn't fast enough to counter both of them.

KingD19
Dooku from RotS would destroy Vader from RotJ. He's just far faster, more skilled, and far more liberal with his force powers. Iirc he kicked Anakin unconscious for a bit and then hurled Kenobi clean across the hangar, then dropped some wreckage on him.

Maul isn't even needed, but he'd win against Vader solo as well.

BruceSkywalker
team but dooku prolly solos

Surtur
Darth Vader slowly lumbers towards them and they both think someone is punking them.

Surtur
Originally posted by KingD19
Dooku from RotS would destroy Vader from RotJ. He's just far faster, more skilled, and far more liberal with his force powers. Iirc he kicked Anakin unconscious for a bit and then hurled Kenobi clean across the hangar, then dropped some wreckage on him.

Maul isn't even needed, but he'd win against Vader solo as well.

That part was hilarious though, Dooku drops some debris on Obi Wan in the most loving way possible. It's like he took extra care to make sure it did zero damage to him.

NotAllThatEvil
I would still give it to vader honesty. He may not be as fast as he used to be, but he is still fast enough to keep up with force users such as asoka and he uses force powers a lot more liberally as seen in his fight with luke in episode 5 and to rogue one massacre. He also beat dooku pretty easily by himself without the too much acrobatics

Surtur
Nah see they specifically used 80s lumbering Vader here so you can't really bring up other stuff...that is why they used this version.

KingD19
Originally posted by Surtur
That part was hilarious though, Dooku drops some debris on Obi Wan in the most loving way possible. It's like he took extra care to make sure it did zero damage to him.

Yeah. After blasting him 150+ feet into a guard railing so hard it dented around his body, he gently drops debris so it pins him in place without actually touching him.

And yeah if this was Vader with his feats from Rebels, he'd have easily won this fight.

Robtard
Vader takes out these scrubs with contemptuous ease. He could casually Force-Choke them if he wanted to not sabre duel.

relentless1
Vader from ROTJ implies all canon feats up until that point are useable, therefore Rebels stuff is usable and Vader wins, Old Maul is nothing and got wrecked by Old Ben in three moves, Dooku is the only feasible challenge and he gets dusted too, Dookus specific weakness is kinetic energy AKA lightsaber blows with massive strength behind them and cyborg Vader is even stronger than Anakin in that regard... Anakin who easily bested Dooku this way I might add and as far as Force goes, Dooku was a beast yes but Vaders usage of the Force in ESB and Rebels is a much more lethal usage of TK that Dooku exhibited so yeah, I think Vader could win.

Keep in mind the only reason Vader looked like a punk to noob Luke is because he was conflicted and didn't wanna kill his own kid. Against other opponents he'd be the same old Vader; no mercy.

NemeBro
Vader looked like a punk because the old films had really slow, clunky, and shitty fight choreography lol. Especially the first film, yikes.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Vader takes out these scrubs with contemptuous ease. He could casually Force-Choke them if he wanted to not sabre duel.

In all seriousness, yeah maybe. He could just crush their windpipes. He doesn't need to choke them nor does he need to be physically faster.

Josh_Alexander
If we take in canon, then Vader certainly has a better chance.

I think Rebels Maul, even peak Maul, could be defeated by Vader.

However, Dooku does turn things arround.

Yet, I see Vader being able to take Maul out, leaving this battle into a 1v1 between Darth Vader and Darth Tyranus.

The question is whether old and crippled Anakin has it in him to defeat Dooku once more...

The answer is no.

Surtur
Legit took Anakin like 4 minutes to kill Dooku with a lightsaber. I'm guessing it'd be much quicker if he just used the force on that b*tch.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
Legit took Anakin like 4 minutes to kill Dooku with a lightsaber. I'm guessing it'd be much quicker if he just used the force on that b*tch.

Anakin beat Dooku in saber combat. Force-wise, Dooku was always superior, far superior.

In that manner, I must admit that Vader's TK is high tier, even one to rival Dooku's.

However, the Force isn't determined by TK alone. In that manner, Dooku would have the upper hand due to Force Lightning.

Besides, Vader's saber combat is far different from Anakin's.

Anakin was able to defeat Dooku because of his unique fighting technique (if we take the theories that Dooku lost on purpose).

Vader on his side is a more wise and precise duelist. In that manner, he would lose to Dooku's saber style.

NotAllThatEvil
How does being wiser and more precise make him a weaker saber duelist than his younger self that beat dooku?

Darkstorm Zero
to2SMng4u1k
Scene 38 How it should be

KingD19
Anakin only beat Dooku thanks to Palpatine getting him to embrace the Dark side and that power boost that comes with it. Before that Dooku was trouncing Anakin and Obi-Wan with ease.

NotAllThatEvil
I would dare say vader is a lot better at dark side force battling than anakin was

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
How does being wiser and more precise make him a weaker saber duelist than his younger self that beat dooku?

Anakin didn't beat Dooku because he was a better duelist than him. Rather, because his fighting technique and Dooku's condition were optimal for his victory.

For instance, someone like Obi Wan couldn't have defeated Dooku. Even someone like Mace Windu would have a harder time than Anakin.

Yet, Anakin could have never defeated Mace or Obi Wan.

Think of this scenario like a rock-papper-scissors case.

Here, this are very respected youtubers in the SW community.

HCcaoIEzego

DEYA1FgujOk

So you can see that Anakin beat Dooku because of factors that are not entirely due to Anakin's saber abilities.

Also, Vader's fighting style is much different from Anakin's.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I would dare say vader is a lot better at dark side force battling than anakin was

If you were to ask me, who would do better in an all out battle against Dooku, I'd say that Vader would do better.

What I mean is, I don't think Anakin would have been able to defeat an all out Dooku.

As the videos above claim and many SW fans (including me) believe, Dooku was testing Anakin under Sidious' command.

Furthermore, I think Dooku could have dispatched Anakin as easily as he did Obi Wan.

Instead, he decided to let Anakin increase momentum, rage and power at the expense of his... Dooku was 80 years old by the time of ROTS.... A prolongued battle was unwise.

In that manner, I think Vader would hold better against an all out Dooku, but still be defeated in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.