General Grievous vs. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage

KingD19
Movie version dies horribly.

Even TCW Grievous is outmatched imo. Though he puts up a much better fight.

Josh_Alexander
Movie version would lose.

But CW version should come on top. Honestly, Diana has no impressive sword-fighting skills.

SquallX

relentless1
Greivous gets annihilated here; he's got absolutely no way to keep up with her speed and her sword dices him easy if it can cut a monster like Doomsday

Josh_Alexander

NemeBro
Good thread, Diana punches through his organ case with a single blow.

BruceSkywalker
grievous loses but clone war version puts up a fight

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Greivous is blocking blasters all day and going toe to toe with Jedi, who in turn can also block blasters.

Diana's speed won't help her against Greivous super defenses.

I agree with your points, but I wonder if a lightsaber could even hurt her.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by NemeBro
Good thread, Diana punches through his organ case with a single blow.

thumb up

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
grievous loses but clone war version puts up a fight

This, pretty much. ^

Robtard
She'd win with sword, fist, headbutt or very easily by blasting him from a distance with her Bracelets of Submission aoe attack.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11133/111331200/6214606-1026741152-giphy.gif

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
I agree with your points, but I wonder if a lightsaber could even hurt her.

Well, a valid argument if we were debating whether a lightsaber can cut her. For the sake of debating, and given the fact that there is no clear evidence to suggest she is immune to such a weapon, we must assume WW is vulnerable to a LS.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
She'd win with sword, fist, headbutt or very easily by blasting him from a distance with her Bracelets of Submission aoe attack.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11133/111331200/6214606-1026741152-giphy.gif

Blasting Grievous would be her best option.

She is definitely not winning with the sword.

Robtard
Blasting Grievous would be her best option.

She is definitely not winning with the sword.

Blasting would be the easiest and fastest for her.

Incorrect. She could easily use her ridiculously superior speed and combat-awareness** to punch, kick or headbutt Grievous to death, with a single blow before he could react.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CircularAnotherAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

**You'll note that she blocks some of the bullets while looking away, she has some extra-sensory capabilities

Josh_Alexander
Blasting would be the easiest and fastest for her.

Incorrect. She could easily use her ridiculously superior speed and combat-awareness** to punch, kick or headbutt Grievous to death, with a single blow before he could react.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CircularAnotherAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

**You'll note that she blocks some of the bullets while looking away, she has some extra-sensory capabilities

Diana is blocking bullets, that's impressive under earthly parameters.

Grievous is blocking blasters! Bullets are archaic under the SWverse.

Grievous reflexes are peak, and his sword-combat abilities are far superior to Diana's.

h1a8

Grievous reflexes are peak, and his sword-combat abilities are far superior to Diana's.

Prove that blasters are faster than bullets.
Diana blocked bullets from 3-5ft away.

KingD19
Actually you're completely wrong. In the Swverse "slugthrowers" are guns. And force users have trouble with them because they shoot tiny, invisible bullets that are faster than a blaster bolt. It's not a laser. It's an energy bolt shot by gas.

Robtard

SW blasters visibly appear much slower than bullets, and since they're bright colors and larger, they should be easier to block than a bullet which is nigh invisible when traveling.

Also, how was Grevious killed in ROTS? By a blaster.

You just sodomized your own talking points, you lose again. Diana wins this as shown with facts.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by h1a8
Prove that blasters are faster than bullets.
Diana blocked bullets from 3-5ft away.

There is no canon info on how fast blaster bots travel, so a direct comparison with earthly bullets isn't factible.

I do believe that a blaster bolt is slower than a standard bullet.

However, we've seen Grievous block blasters from multiple opponents without issue.

Also, Diana blocking bullets doesn't make her as fast as bullets. Diana isn't a speedster.

Josh_Alexander
SW blasters visibly appear much slower than bullets, and since they're bright colors and larger, they should be easier to block than a bullet which is nigh invisible when traveling.

Also, how was Grevious killed in ROTS? By a blaster.

You just sodomized your own talking points, you lose again. Diana wins this as shown with facts.

Grievous was much weaker by the time of ROTS. Also, he didn't have his lightsaber.

I am not debating that ROTS Grievous would win.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Grievous couldn't block a bullet?

Grievous reflexes and attack speeds are so fast that Obi Wan required to use pre-cog in order to stand toe to toe with him.

Diana's speed is impressive, but she isn't Superman nor Flash. She isn't speedblitzing anyone.

Diana better use her bracelets. Peak Grievous could defeat Diana in sword combat.

Robtard
Grievous was much weaker by the time of ROTS. Also, he didn't have his lightsaber.

I am not debating that ROTS Grievous would win.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Grievous couldn't block a bullet?

Grievous reflexes and attack speeds are so fast that Obi Wan required to use pre-cog in order to stand toe to toe with him.

Diana's speed is impressive, but she isn't Superman nor Flash. She isn't speedblitzing anyone.

Diana better use her bracelets. Peak Grievous could defeat Diana in sword combat.

This is a distraction. Grievous had an Electrostaff in his hands, those are capable of blocking blaster fire. No so excuses there.

You kinda are.

You mean is their evidence Grievous could move as fast as Diana and reproduce her bullet-feat as shown in the gif? No, there is none, Grievous is fast, but not that fast.

Yet he's still not faster than Diana.

Diana literally speed-blitzs so save everyone is that scene I posted. Open your eyes.

Surtur
You'd need the version of Grievous from the original non CGI clone wars cartoons. That's the most powerful version of Grievous.

Oh he still loses, but might as well send in the best Grievous.

Josh_Alexander
This is a distraction. Grievous had an Electrostaff in his hands, those are capable of blocking blaster fire. No so excuses there.

You kinda are.

You mean is their evidence Grievous could move as fast as Diana and reproduce her bullet-feat as shown in the gif? No, there is none, Grievous is fast, but not that fast.

Yet he's still not faster than Diana.

Diana literally speed-blitzs so save everyone is that scene I posted. Open your eyes.

I've never seen an electricstaff block blaster bolts.

Diana didn't speed blitz. She was just moving as fast as the guy was moving his arm to aim at the next target, which isn't really that fast considering he was looking to kill all hostages.

In fact, I haven't seen Diana speed blitz before. Having super reflexes doesn't make you super fast.

Diana is not a speedster.

We saw it perfectly clear in the No Man's Land scene from Wonder Woman, where she is constantly blocking bullets, but she isn't running superfast. The enemy soldiers are actually able to notice and aim her.

So in that manner, if enemy soldiers are able to tag her, then Grievous will for sure.

Diana's best option is to use her bracelets.

Inhuman
Grevous was garbage in the movie. He loses.

h1a8
Double post

h1a8
There is no canon info on how fast blaster bots travel, so a direct comparison with earthly bullets isn't factible.

I do believe that a blaster bolt is slower than a standard bullet.

However, we've seen Grievous block blasters from multiple opponents without issue.

Also, Diana blocking bullets doesn't make her as fast as bullets. Diana isn't a speedster.

Blasters are about 100mph.
Diana has blocked machine gun fire and also bullets from 3-5 ft away. It's impossible to do this without being a speedster.

In the machine gun feat. She reacted after the fire. That means she moved to block the bullets AFTER they were fired.

Originally posted by KingD19
Actually you're completely wrong. In the Swverse "slugthrowers" are guns. And force users have trouble with them because they shoot tiny, invisible bullets that are faster than a blaster bolt. It's not a laser. It's an energy bolt shot by gas.

I'm wrong?
You know the only statement I made was Diana blocked bullets from 3-5 ft away. Are you saying this is wrong?

Surtur
Surely those bullets she blocked were traveling at the same speed that a major league baseball pitcher can throw at. 100 mph.

NemeBro
Did Grievous actually block blaster bolts in the series?

Josh_Alexander
Diana has blocked machine gun fire and also bullets from 3-5 ft away. It's impossible to do this without being a speedster.

In the machine gun feat. She reacted after the fire. That means she moved to block the bullets AFTER they were fired.

I'm wrong?
You know the only statement I made was Diana blocked bullets from 3-5 ft away. Are you saying this is wrong?

No she didn't. She moved prior to the bullets being shot.

WW hasn't speedblitzed anyone.

KingD19

I'm wrong?

I was talking about Josh.

Josh_Alexander

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Slugthrower

This suggests that Jedi can intercept bullets.

KingD19
I didnt say they couldn't block slug rounds. I said it's much harder than blocking blasters because slugthrowers shoot faster, bullets are smaller, invisible and go faster.

And they definitely have troubles with shotguns.

Josh_Alexander
I didnt say they couldn't block slug rounds. I said it's much harder than blocking blasters because slugthrowers shoot faster, bullets are smaller, invisible and go faster.

And they definitely have troubles with shotguns.

Agree.

I honestly believe that it would be harder for a Jedi to block earthly rounds, but I don't think they would be startled by these.

Robtard
I've never seen an electricstaff block blaster bolts.

Diana didn't speed blitz. She was just moving as fast as the guy was moving his arm to aim at the next target, which isn't really that fast considering he was looking to kill all hostages.

In fact, I haven't seen Diana speed blitz before. Having super reflexes doesn't make you super fast.

Diana is not a speedster.

We saw it perfectly clear in the No Man's Land scene from Wonder Woman, where she is constantly blocking bullets, but she isn't running superfast. The enemy soldiers are actually able to notice and aim her.

So in that manner, if enemy soldiers are able to tag her, then Grievous will for sure.

Diana's best option is to use her bracelets.

An Electrostaff can block lightsabers, but you think they can't block blaster bolts now? Really? Regardless, Grevious didn't even have the chance to try because the blaster bolt was too fast for him.

Incorrect. Diana reacted to save the people after the attacker fired his machine-gun, that's a speed-blitz and she continued to speed-blitz all the way protecting all the hostages.

She absolutely is, here's the proof again:

Your low-balling of Diana and ignoring screen feats won't change that, she utterly wrecks Grevious with or without weapons.

Every point you brought up was taken apart since your first; you're done here Josh.

Josh_Alexander
An Electrostaff can block lightsabers, but you think they can't block blaster bolts now? Really? Regardless, Grevious didn't even have the chance to try because the blaster bolt was too fast for him.

Incorrect. Diana reacted to save the people after the attacker fired his machine-gun, that's a speed-blitz and she continued to speed-blitz all the way protecting all the hostages.

She absolutely is, here's the proof again:

Your low-balling of Diana and ignoring screen feats won't change that, she utterly wrecks Grevious with or without weapons.

Every point you brought up was taken apart since your first; you're done here Josh.

Read carefully next time Robtard, there is a difference in being able and being fit for a job. Blocking a blaster bolt with a electrostaff is possible, doesn't mean it isn't much harder than with a normal lightsaber.

9QJ2mqXdr5I

Your gif is tricky. The clip actually shows Diana anticipating the bullet's trajectory.

The guy's arm is moving in relation to Diana's body movement. She is moving fast, but she isn't a speedster.

Unless you can prove that Grievous will be frozen to Diana, which you haven't, since Diana has never frozen anybody, my points are intact.

KingD19
She is absolutely a speedster. Aside from the bank scene that clearly shows her moving fast enough to move normal humans out of the way of an assault rifle bullet from like 3 feet away. There's the Steve Trevor scene where he dies and she finally stops holding back because she's so angry.

_CuE3lto5XA?t=142

Skip to 2:20.

Also in Rob's clip, she's not anticipating trajectory. She's literally watching the bullets and blocking or dodging them at the last second while running along the path he's firing to keep the hostages safe.

Josh_Alexander
She is absolutely a speedster. Aside from the bank scene that clearly shows her moving fast enough to move normal humans out of the way of an assault rifle bullet from like 3 feet away. There's the Steve Trevor scene where he dies and she finally stops holding back because she's so angry.

_CuE3lto5XA?t=142

Skip to 2:20.

Also in Rob's clip, she's not anticipating trajectory. She's literally watching the bullets and blocking or dodging them at the last second while running along the path he's firing to keep the hostages safe.

Okay, it's all matter of what your definition of speedster is.

If you define speedster as anything that is just faster than the parameter (in this case humans) then you are right.

However, I find that the definition of speedster under science fiction is anyone/anything that can render static an oponent or parameter.

If you check the clip you posted, the guys aren't static in the normal time in relation to Diana.

In the slow motion scenes, Diana is moving slow along with the background. In the fast scenes, Diana is moving faster than the humans, but these are "also moving" and not statues.

So, in other words, Diana is just moving faster than the humans are, but no as signficantly as to render them motionlessn, unlike beings like Flash or Superman could.

CaveDude33211

Jedi don't have trouble with slugthrowers because they shoot "tiny, invisible bullets" - Jedi can sense small physical objects through the Force easily - and slugthrower bullets aren't faster than a blaster bolt - blaster bolts are beams of light and move as such.

The only reason Jedi have trouble with bullets, is because bullets carry actual weight - whereas a blaster-bolt is weightless and bounces off a lightsaber's blade.

A bullet is propelled kinetically and carries inertia into the blade - multiply that hundreds of times (machine gun), and it could potentially shoot a Jedi's lightsaber out of his hands.

KingD19
Blaster bolts are not beams of light bud. They're compressed energy bolts shot out by tibanna gas. Do you Star Wars?

KingD19
Also a slugthrower was dangerous because not only did it shoot tiny rounds at much higher velocities than blasters bolts. But the slugs would melt when they hit the blade and shrapnel could splash past a force users guard. Plus there were scatterguns and blocking a shotgun spread would be nearly impossible.

CaveDude33211
Blaster bolts are not beams of light bud. They're compressed energy bolts shot out by tibanna gas. Do you Star Wars?
Yeah, they are still beams of light, bud.

I Star Wars. Do you Star Wars? smile

Also a slugthrower was dangerous because not only did it shoot tiny rounds at much higher velocities than blasters bolts.
https://data.whicdn.com/images/307096561/original.gif

It was true that it had been developed originally as a response to blasterfire and other projectile weapons, but over the centuries it had developed into much more. "Of all the seven forms," her Master had told her, "Form Three, with its emphasis on anticipating and blocking lightspeed energy blasts, requires the greatest connection to the Force. The road is long, but it is worth the journey, for a true master of Form Three is invincible."

- Medstar 2: Jedi Healer

SquallX

Eon Blue
^ we finally agree on something.

Clearly Josh is on something and is an ignorant SW fanboi. Diana wins with EASE. Anyone arguing otherwise is just blatantly trolling.

Josh is reported.

Robtard
Read carefully next time Robtard, there is a difference in being able and being fit for a job. Blocking a blaster bolt with a electrostaff is possible, doesn't mean it isn't much harder than with a normal lightsaber.

9QJ2mqXdr5I

Your gif is tricky. The clip actually shows Diana anticipating the bullet's trajectory.

The guy's arm is moving in relation to Diana's body movement. She is moving fast, but she isn't a speedster.

Unless you can prove that Grievous will be frozen to Diana, which you haven't, since Diana has never frozen anybody, my points are intact.

You didn't counter a single thing I said, all you're doing is forever ignoring that whatever point you had was countered and moving the goal.

eg How I have to prove that "Grevious will be frozen to Diana", which isn't something I ever claimed.

My claim was that she's far faster than Grevious and can destroy him with a hit (or two). Both of those are true and shown in the gifs. You lose again, Josh.

Josh_Alexander
You didn't counter a single thing I said, all you're doing is forever ignoring that whatever point you had was countered and moving the goal.

eg How I have to prove that "Grevious will be frozen to Diana", which isn't something I ever claimed.

My claim was that she's far faster than Grevious and can destroy him with a hit (or two). Both of those are true and shown in the gifs. You lose again, Josh.

If being faster is all it takes to win a battle, then Flash should have been able to defeat Steppenwolf on his own!

Oh Rob, you seem oblivious of your own fallacies.

Diana has no sword combat feats, dispite how much you like how her medieval suit fits her body, she doesn't have what it takes to face grievous in a sword fight.

SquallX
If being faster is all it takes to win a battle, then Flash should have been able to defeat Steppenwolf on his own!

Diana has no sword combat feats, dispite how much you like how her medieval suit fits her body, she doesn't have what it takes to face grievous in a sword fight.

Your joking right?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by SquallX
Your joking right?

What sword combat feats does Diana has to contest Grievous!?

She is fast, but there is nothing to suggest that she can safely contest a 4 arm sword master like Grievous.

All Grievous needs is to strike her with his saber once!

Robtard

Not what I said and Flash wasn't physically capable of harming Steppenwolf despite his speed(he was also a stumbling fool), while Wonder Wonder is capable of one-shotting GG.

^So you strawmanned me and used a faulty comparison in the same sentence. Talk about fallacies.

"Diana has no sword combat feats" <--- 100% incorrect. She fought and sliced up Doomsday with her sword in BvS. Watch the film as proof. . You lose again, Josh.

NemeBro

Diana has no sword combat feats, dispite how much you like how her medieval suit fits her body, she doesn't have what it takes to face grievous in a sword fight. I guess it's a good thing Diana is also strong enough to kill Grievous in one punch. She doesn't need her sword.

And her outfit isn't medieval you ignorant moron. haermm

Josh_Alexander
Not what I said and Flash wasn't physically capable of harming Steppenwolf despite his speed(he was also a stumbling fool), while Wonder Wonder is capable of one-shotting GG.

^So you strawmanned me and used a faulty comparison in the same sentence. Talk about fallacies.

"Diana has no sword combat feats" <--- 100% incorrect. She fought and sliced up Doomsday with her sword in BvS. Watch the film as proof. . You lose again, Josh.

Grievous is also capable of one shotting, oh boy, you have no idea.

WOW! Doomsday is such a great indicator of sword combat abilities!! OMG! I guess anyone who has been able to hit the Hulk are incredible fighters!

Is that all you have?

I guess it's a good thing Diana is also strong enough to kill Grievous in one punch. She doesn't need her sword.

And her outfit isn't medieval you ignorant moron. haermm

I agree. But I bet Grievous slices her in half before she can even reach him.

Your over love for DC has always been a known arround here.

Robtard
Grievous is also capable of one shotting, oh boy, you have no idea.

WOW! Doomsday is such a great indicator of sword combat abilities!! OMG! I guess anyone who has been able to hit the Hulk are incredible fighters!

Is that all you have?

So?

Now you're changing what you initially claimed because you were wrong and embarrassed yourself over it.

Wonder Woman is a Amazonian warrior-goddess raised in a combat-orientated society and trained with sword, spear and shield. Seriously, you should pay attention when watching movies.

edit: She's also around 5,000 years old; that's a lot of training, Josh.

Josh_Alexander
So?

Now you're changing what you initially claimed because you were wrong and embarrassed yourself over it.

Wonder Woman is a Amazonian warrior-goddess raised in a combat-orientated society and trained with sword, spear and shield. Seriously, you should pay attention when watching movies.

edit: She's also around 5,000 years old; that's a lot of training, Josh.

Not changing anything, just pointing at the fact that Diana will require more than just speed to defeat Grievous in a sword-sword combat.

More fallacies/ A statement without combat feats is useless. Diana has 0 impressive sword abilities.

Statements are useless without feats to back them up.

KingD19
What skills does Grievous show in the movie? He gets almost all of his arms chopped off by Obi-Wan almost immediately.

Josh_Alexander
What skills does Grievous show in the movie? He gets almost all of his arms chopped off by Obi-Wan almost immediately.

I am debating the 2nd round of this thread, not the 1st. I think movie Grievous was too weak, and he has too little feats for me to feel comfortable to back him.

On another note, it's worth mentioning that Obi Wan was able to defeat Grievous because A.) This was significantly weaker by the time B.) Obi Wan used Pre Cognition, which is basically being able to see into the future and predict upcoming attacks prior to these being launched.

h1a8
Not changing anything, just pointing at the fact that Diana will require more than just speed to defeat Grievous in a sword-sword combat.

More fallacies/ A statement without combat feats is useless. Diana has 0 impressive sword abilities.

Statements are useless without feats to back them up.

If someone is statued or nearly statued then it takes 0 skill to beat them in a sword fight.

playa1258
Diana wins. Star Wars is overrated power wise and tech wise.

Josh_Alexander
If someone is statued or nearly statued then it takes 0 skill to beat them in a sword fight.

Diana has never speedblitzed anyone!

steverules_2
which is basically being able to see into the future

Could he help me pick out the winning lotto numbers? mhmm

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by steverules_2
Could he help me pick out the winning lotto numbers? mhmm

Not according to that.

h1a8
Diana has never speedblitzed anyone!

She doesn't need to.
Fact1: She can perceive bullets in very slow motion.
Fact2: Grievous is many times slower than a bullet
Fact3: She can move her limbs with the speed necessary to block bullets from 3-5ft away.

From facts 1 and 2, Grievous would be statued.
From fact 3, she can hit Grievous before he can move sufficiently to defend.

Josh_Alexander
She doesn't need to.
Fact3: She can move her limbs with the speed necessary to block bullets from 3-5ft away.

From facts 1 and 2, Grievous would be statued.
From fact 3, she can hit Grievous before he can move sufficiently to defend.

Reflexes and body speed are two different things.

That's a fallacy. Grievous' robotic arms are fast enough to obliterate Jedi's, forcing guys like Obi Wan to have to predict the future. Also, Greivous has 4 while Diana only has 2. Also a moving bullet is different from a moving limb.

Moving limbs isn't the same as moving your body. Again, when has Diana speedblitzed anyone?

And how is she penetrating Grievous saber-shield?

h1a8
Reflexes and body speed are two different things.

That's a fallacy. Grievous' robotic arms are fast enough to obliterate Jedi's, forcing guys like Obi Wan to have to predict the future. Also, Greivous has 4 while Diana only has 2. Also a moving bullet is different from a moving limb.

Moving limbs isn't the same as moving your body. Again, when has Diana speedblitzed anyone?

And how is she penetrating Grievous saber-shield?

Grievous never moved his arms faster than normal human speed. You are basically disagreeing with fact 2. If you disagree then please post proof.
For future reference please state which statements or facts (by the number) you disagree with and then give your reasons.

Fact4: Grievous has no feats showing that he can perceive any speed close to bullet speed.
This fact isn't need as he would be statued from facts 1-3.

Surtur
I wouldn't grant speedblitzing ability solely on the ability to dodge or block bullets. But I think WW has other feats too where she moves at blur speeds. Nothing too special, but surely above Grievous.

JLU WW vs Grievous would be interesting.

Nah I'm jk it'd be a slaughter.

Robtard
Wonder Woman speed-blitz'd the first bullet after it was fired to save the first hostage, actually.

h1a8
I do not view the fight as WW blitzing from a distance (closing the distance) at the start. I view the fight starts in close range. WW can swing and hit Grevious before he can respond.

Surtur
Grievous has no projectiles to fire, he has to rely on melee combat and yes that doesn't require speedblitzing, he will be moving in slow motion to her.

Josh_Alexander

Grievous never moved his arms faster than normal human speed. You are basically disagreeing with fact 2. If you disagree then please post proof.
For future reference please state which statements or facts (by the number) you disagree with and then give your reasons.

Fact4: Grievous has no feats showing that he can perceive any speed close to bullet speed.
This fact isn't need as he would be statued from facts 1-3.

Fact 1:Perception and movement speed are two different things!
Fact 2:You've presented 0 evidence whatsover that Diana can speedblitz anybody!
Fact 3: That doesn't mean she can move that fast.

I'll take that as if you have no idea who Grievous is. Grievous' arms are way faster than normal humans!

Fact 4:

Go ahead and tell me a normal human can deliver 20 strikes per second! You clearly have no idea who Grievous is.

Again, bring evidence that WW can move (her body) through a rain of lightsabers!

h1a8
Fact 1:Perception and movement speed are two different things!
Fact 2:You've presented 0 evidence whatsover that Diana can speedblitz anybody!
Fact 3: That doesn't mean she can move that fast.

I'll take that as if you have no idea who Grievous is. Grievous' arms are way faster than normal humans!

Fact 4:

Go ahead and tell me a normal human can deliver 20 strikes per second! You clearly have no idea who Grievous is.

Again, bring evidence that WW can move (her body) through a rain of lightsabers!

You are now trolling. I'm going to start reporting you. My argument has nothing to do with perceptions and speed being the same thing. That's why I stated then AS DIFFERENT FACTS. I even numbered the facts to prevent you from trolling.

Her perceptions will make Grevious appear as a statue.
Her limb speed will allow her to strike Grevious once before he can move to defend.

Why do you keep mentioning blitzing?
She doesn't have to blitz. She just casually walks up to him and swings her sword once and it is over. She will swing the sword faster than Grevious can respond or act.

Note: pretend Grevious is allowed to swing his sabers. WW perceptions would freeze his motion and she will casually cut him in half while he's in a frozen state.

NemeBro

I agree. But I bet Grievous slices her in half before she can even reach him.

Your over love for DC has always been a known arround here. I know you would make that bet, you are something of a drooling retard.

And because you are widely-mocked by literally everyone on this board as a drooling retard with literally no one you can claim has a positive opinion of you, your attempt at shaming me for my "reputation" is hilarious. laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
You are now trolling. I'm going to start reporting you. My argument has nothing to do with perceptions and speed being the same thing. That's why I stated then AS DIFFERENT FACTS. I even numbered the facts to prevent you from trolling.

Her perceptions will make Grevious appear as a statue.
Her limb speed will allow her to strike Grevious once before he can move to defend.

Why do you keep mentioning blitzing?
She doesn't have to blitz. She just casually walks up to him and swings her sword once and it is over. She will swing the sword faster than Grevious can respond or act.

Note: pretend Grevious is allowed to swing his sabers. WW perceptions would freeze his motion and she will casually cut him in half while he's in a frozen state.

Your whole argument relies on Diana getting within limb range to hit Grievous.

My whole argument relies that she can't get within limb range, because such would require for her to move her entire body! You have been unable to prove that she is a speedster or that Grieovous won't be able to tagg her body!

Sure, perhaps her hands are small Millenial Falcons, but limb speed and body speed are different things!

So, are you sure I'm the troll here!?

Besides, you haven't proved that Grievous won't be able to react!

Greivous reflexes are clearly above human! Diana's arms might be superfast under human perspective, but Grievous is no human!

So, your entire argument line is a big fallacy!

Josh_Alexander
I know you would make that bet, you are something of a drooling retard.

And because you are widely-mocked by literally everyone on this board as a drooling retard with literally no one you can claim has a positive opinion of you, your attempt at shaming me for my "reputation" is hilarious. laughing out loud

You are a DC lover, your opinion is nothing but that of a blind man.

SquallX

Josh_Alexander

h1a8
Your whole argument relies on Diana getting within limb range to hit Grievous.

My whole argument relies that she can't get within limb range, because such would require for her to move her entire body! You have been unable to prove that she is a speedster or that Grieovous won't be able to tagg her body!

Sure, perhaps her hands are small Millenial Falcons, but limb speed and body speed are different things!

So, are you sure I'm the troll here!?

Besides, you haven't proved that Grievous won't be able to react!

Greivous reflexes are clearly above human! Diana's arms might be superfast under human perspective, but Grievous is no human!

So, your entire argument line is a big fallacy!

The machine gun feat has her blitzing stop the first bullet AFTER it fired.
Diana also blitzed into the room.

Characters only get abilities from on screen feats. Grevious has no feats of reacting to Diana's speed.

Josh_Alexander
The machine gun feat has her blitzing stop the first bullet AFTER it fired.
Diana also blitzed into the room.

Characters only get abilities from on screen feats. Grevious has no feats of reacting to Diana's speed.

Again with that BS?

I clearly posted the clip where Diana anticipates the shot's trajectory!

I've already stated that I'm not debating ROTJ Grievous.

NemeBro
no u Nah dog you. thumb down

KingD19
By anticipating trajectory do you mean she watches it fly toward her and then blocks the bullet when it gets close?

WolvesofBabylon
Doesnt she blitz Superman in Justice League? To no effect cause its Superman. Can Grievous react to that??

Josh_Alexander
By anticipating trajectory do you mean she watches it fly toward her and then blocks the bullet when it gets close?

Aye.

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Doesnt she blitz Superman in Justice League? To no effect cause its Superman. Can Grievous react to that??

She never blitzed Supe.

KingD19
Aye.

She never blitzed Supe.

Okay, so then you're confusing what street-levelers do when they "Aim-Dodge" vs what Wonder Woman does, which is legitemate bullet timing. Because she didn't watch where he was shooting and then jump in between where she guessed the bullets were going. She literally watched them flying toward her and the hostages in slow motion, then blocked them when they got close enough. Those are two completely different things. That's like saying Quicksilver from Fox or MCU are predicting trajectories when they literally watched bullets flying by them in super slo-mo and had ample time to react.

You're downplaying Diana like hell and uplaying Grievous like a summbitch.

You're the only one who thinks he wins for a reason.

Josh_Alexander
Okay, so then you're confusing what street-levelers do when they "Aim-Dodge" vs what Wonder Woman does, which is legitemate bullet timing. Because she didn't watch where he was shooting and then jump in between where she guessed the bullets were going. She literally watched them flying toward her and the hostages in slow motion, then blocked them when they got close enough. Those are two completely different things. That's like saying Quicksilver from Fox or MCU are predicting trajectories when they literally watched bullets flying by them in super slo-mo and had ample time to react.

You're downplaying Diana like hell and uplaying Grievous like a summbitch.

You're the only one who thinks he wins for a reason.

Her reflexes are peak and her arms fast enough to intercept them.

That doesn't mean she can move that fast (bodywise).

KingD19
Her reflexes are peak and her arms fast enough to intercept them.

That doesn't mean she can move that fast (bodywise).

It absolutely does. An average bullet moves around 2,500 fps/1,700mph. A bullet from a SCAR battle rifle is even faster because it uses a big round and the bullet goes faster to hit harder. She was a few feet away from the gunman, who himself was a few feet away from the hostages. So she had to cross double the distance to block the bullets. So she was moving far in excess of 1,700mph because she was across the room. And had to run and intercept every single bullet after it was fired. If only her arms were that fast, then everyone would have gotten shot because she couldn't get to them in time.

Math bro. Not that hard. I'm not detailed like guys like ddm, but this is simple stuff.

Josh_Alexander
It absolutely does. An average bullet moves around 2,500 fps/1,700mph. A bullet from a SCAR battle rifle is even faster because it uses a big round and the bullet goes faster to hit harder. She was a few feet away from the gunman, who himself was a few feet away from the hostages. So she had to cross double the distance to block the bullets. So she was moving far in excess of 1,700mph because she was across the room. And had to run and intercept every single bullet after it was fired. If only her arms were that fast, then everyone would have gotten shot because she couldn't get to them in time.

Math bro. Not that hard. I'm not detailed like guys like ddm, but this is simple stuff.

She is using her arms to block the rounds once they are fired. That's fast.

However, her lateral movement (body movement) is simply in coordination with how fast the shooter is aiming the gun sideways.

That's fast, for sure. But that doesn't make her a speedblitzer.

Again, Diana has never speedblitz anybody. She is simply peak fast.

BrolyBlack
I know you would make that bet, you are something of a drooling retard.

Everyone is laughing at himlaughing out loud

h1a8
Again with that BS?

I clearly posted the clip where Diana anticipates the shot's trajectory!

I've already stated that I'm not debating ROTJ Grievous.
Although it may or may not be debatable with the later shots, the first few shots were fired before she ran to block them.

If you disagree then post the scene showing her running to block the first shots before they are fired.

Josh_Alexander

9QJ2mqXdr5I

Minute 2:36, the guy was about to pull the trigger when Diana broke the roof and felt on the ground with her bracelet anticipating the shot's trajectory.

I wonder if people even analyze the scenes before bringing their arguments to the table.

WolvesofBabylon

However, her lateral movement (body movement) is simply in coordination with how fast the shooter is aiming the gun sideways.

Again, Diana has never speedblitz anybody. She is simply peak fast. [/QUOTE

Peak fast? Going back to that scene with Supes she covers quite a bit of ground almost instant. Much faster than a true Peak like Captain America or Black Panther.

What or who is your definition of speedster? Do they have to be Flash/Quicksilver/Superman speed?

relentless1
ok, forget speed, you guys clearly can't come to a consensus on that and its annoying (obviously WW is much faster than Grievous btw) her AOE bracelet attack alone would be enough to drop the General and she can do that outside of the range of his Sabers, there's nothing he can do to her this is a spite thread really

KingD19
Josh is the only one arguing. And with no proof at that. We're all in agreement.

Josh_Alexander
Except you are wrong. I've agreed that Diana will defeat Grievous in a standard fight.

This debate has arose because Robtard believes Diana can defeat a peak Grievous in sword to sword combat.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon

Again, Diana has never speedblitz anybody. She is simply peak fast.

Where's that?

Ofcourse. Diana is no speedster. She lies within the peak fast categoty alongside beings like Thor, Valkyrie and others.

Her body speed isn't fast enough to render Grievous motionless or helpless.

h1a8
Minute 2:36, the guy was about to pull the trigger when Diana broke the roof and felt on the ground with her bracelet anticipating the shot's trajectory.

I wonder if people even analyze the scenes before bringing their arguments to the table.

No. The shots after that. He shoots before she moves.

Josh_Alexander
No. The shots after that. He shoots before she moves.

The shots are within arm reach. Her body is just adjusting for the speed at which the shooter is moving the gun sideways. She isn't running as fast as a bullet.

BrolyBlack

h1a8
The shots are within arm reach. Her body is just adjusting for the speed at which the shooter is moving the gun sideways. She isn't running as fast as a bullet.

Prove that the initial shots are within arm reach.

Prove that she is tracking the movement of the barrel vs looking at the bullet in the air.

Josh_Alexander
Prove that the initial shots are within arm reach.

Prove that she is tracking the movement of the barrel vs looking at the bullet in the air.

Lol! The killer is trying to kill all hostages, which means he is aiming at the person right next to diana for each shot. Diana's arm is long enough.

I don't need to prove logic, you need to prove illogic.

h1a8
Lol! The killer is trying to kill all hostages, which means he is aiming at the person right next to diana for each shot. Diana's arm is long enough.

I don't need to prove logic, you need to prove illogic.

It's a machine gun. He's not aiming at a particular person. He's just spraying.

You made the claim that Diana was following his aim and not the bullets. You you must prove your claim.

Josh_Alexander
It's a machine gun. He's not aiming at a particular person. He's just spraying.

You made the claim that Diana was following his aim and not the bullets. You you must prove your claim.

He is spraying to the next person, which means Diana is still within arm reach.

I don't need to prove logic. Obviously she knows he is spraying sideways and moving alongside his movement.

She is using her super reflexes to block the bullet with her arms

Again h1, do you have any solid proof that Diana is a speedblitzer? Assumptions won't be accepted.

h1a8
He is spraying to the next person, which means Diana is still within arm reach.

I don't need to prove logic. Obviously she knows he is spraying sideways and moving alongside his movement.

She is using her super reflexes to block the bullet with her arms

Again h1, do you have any solid proof that Diana is a speedblitzer? Assumptions won't be accepted.

Logic? What are you talking about? It's not illogical for a superhuman to see a bullet in the air and run to try to intercept it.

So again, you have to prove that she followed the aim of the gun and not the actual bullets in the air.

Josh_Alexander
Logic? What are you talking about? It's not illogical for a superhuman to see a bullet in the air and run to try to intercept it.

So again, you have to prove that she followed the aim of the gun and not the actual bullets in the air.

That doesn't mean that the sideways movement of her body is bullet fast. Your fallacies won't be taken.

Doesn't matter, the guy isn't moving his arm at bullet speed. Regardless of what she was looking at, she will be moving in relation to the gun.

You clearly don't seem to comprenhend the scene.

BrolyBlack

NemeBro
im a god

h1a8
That doesn't mean that the sideways movement of her body is bullet fast. Your fallacies won't be taken.

Doesn't matter, the guy isn't moving his arm at bullet speed. Regardless of what she was looking at, she will be moving in relation to the gun.

You clearly don't seem to comprenhend the scene.

You have to prove that she is moving in relation to the gun and not reacting to the bullet already being in the air. You made the claim. So prove it.

Josh_Alexander
You have to prove that she is moving in relation to the gun and not reacting to the bullet already being in the air. You made the claim. So prove it.

What part of Diana having to move at the speed of the guy's arm movement don't you comprenhend?

In order for her to save all the hostages she needs to move her body at the speed at which the guy is changing target.

Moving slower than that would imply that the next hostage would be shot, moving faster than that would imply that she will be missing the shots.

And I should remind you that the burden of proof falls on the one trying to give attributes to characters

In any case, you need to prove that Diana can run as fast as a bullet.

Last chance h1. Prove your case or I guess this debate is over.

h1a8
What part of Diana having to move at the speed of the guy's arm movement don't you comprenhend?

In order for her to save all the hostages she needs to move her body at the speed at which the guy is changing target.

Moving slower than that would imply that the next hostage would be shot, moving faster than that would imply that she will be missing the shots.

And I should remind you that the burden of proof falls on the one trying to give attributes to characters

In any case, you need to prove that Diana can run as fast as a bullet.

Last chance h1. Prove your case or I guess this debate is over.
Yes it's possible to move in relation to the aim and still stop the bullets (you still have to move pretty phucking fast). But that doesn't mean that happened. The fallacy is you assuming that is what happened since that can also get the job done.

What you are not considering is that he can fire first before she moves. She sees the bullet in the air and zips to the location of where the bullet is going.
She can do that multiple times in the sequence to achieve the same result.

You are claiming situation A happened when situation B is also possible.

Your argument should be that since A is possible then we can't be sure B is the case and therefore there is no evidence that Diana is bullet speed fast in travel speed.

Do you agree?

BrolyBlack
im a god

smile

One thing is for sure, cry baby Josh ruined this forum.

Josh_Alexander
Yes it's possible to move in relation to the aim and still stop the bullets (you still have to move pretty phucking fast). But that doesn't mean that happened. The fallacy is you assuming that is what happened since that can also get the job done.

What you are not considering is that he can fire first before she moves. She sees the bullet in the air and zips to the location of where the bullet is going.
She can do that multiple times in the sequence to achieve the same result.

You are claiming situation A happened when situation B is also possible.

Your argument should be that since A is possible then we can't be sure B is the case and therefore there is no evidence that Diana is bullet speed fast in travel speed.

Do you agree?

I agree. But it's not my burden to prove that 'B' isn't the case, as it's the responsibility of the one giving special attributes to the character to prove such.

In other words, you need to prove that B is the case. As long as A is present, B isn't a fact but a possibility.

Since we have no further evidence that Diana as fast as a bullet, your whole case relies on possibility.

h1a8
I agree. But it's not my burden to prove that 'B' isn't the case, as it's the responsibility of the one giving special attributes to the character to prove such.

In other words, you need to prove that B is the case. As long as A is present, B isn't a fact but a possibility.

Since we have no further evidence that Diana as fast as a bullet, your whole case relies on possibility.

Well the thread is really over since WW wins.
But let's say that it's a sword fight only. How was Obi Wan and other Jedi able to damage Grevious without them being as fast as WW?

Also slicing his hands/arms work too. No need to go for the body at first.

Josh_Alexander
Well the thread is really over since WW wins.
But let's say that it's a sword fight only. How was Obi Wan and other Jedi able to damage Grevious without them being as fast as WW?

Also slicing his hands/arms work too. No need to go for the body at first.

Obi Wan was the most powerful Jedi in the Soresu form, which was a sword fighting style that focused on defense rather than offense. The form was inteneded to take on highly offensive opponents (like is the case of Grievous) and wait for a weakness to appear in order to exploit it.

Furthermore, Obi Wan was highly skilled in pre cognition, which was the power of seeing into the future attacks of the opponent.

Obi Wan defeated Grievous because of his special fighting style and his ability of the Force to predict Grievous' attacks, not because he was faster.

Other Jedi actually had a bad time facing Grievous. That's why Grievous killed so many of them. Most of them were forced to use the Force on Grievous in order to face him.

Lastly, as I've already pointed over and over again, Diana has no sword combat feats whatsoever.

KingD19
You yourself pointed out how weak Grievous was after Windu crushed his chest cavity in the CW cartoon. Also, explain Jedi getting hit then, as pre-cog wasnt an infallible technique in battle. Obi-Wan had trouble with Jango Fett and multiple normal people in the claymation cartoon since you want to use a Grievous with feats the movie version literally cant do anymore.

KingD19
Also Grievous fights incredibly slow in the movie. I can put up compartive fight videos that show how easy Diana will whoop him, but Josh is gonna ignore them because clearly he wants the General to win. Even though Diana already beat one. wink

Oh and he has absolutely no defense for her shockwave attack, which she can use whenever she wants.

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander
You yourself pointed out how weak Grievous was after Windu crushed his chest cavity in the CW cartoon. Also, explain Jedi getting hit then, as pre-cog wasnt an infallible technique in battle. Obi-Wan had trouble with Jango Fett and multiple normal people in the claymation cartoon since you want to use a Grievous with feats the movie version literally cant do anymore.

That's why I said I am not debating ROTS Grievous, as I believe he was weaker than prior to meeting Windu.

Well, you are right, Obi Wan defeating Grievous was also due to this last one being weaker.

Regardless, Obi Wan was the most suitable to face him. That's why the Jedi Council decided him to go hunt Grievous, as he was the most suitable for the task (besides other OP characters like Windu and Yoda ofcourse).

Also Grievous fights incredibly slow in the movie. I can put up compartive fight videos that show how easy Diana will whoop him, but Josh is gonna ignore them because clearly he wants the General to win. Even though Diana already beat one. wink

Oh and he has absolutely no defense for her shockwave attack, which she can use whenever she wants.

If you were to read my posts instead of just angrily attack anyone who disagrees with your opinion (as most fanboys in this forum), perhaps this thread would have ended long ago.

h1a8

Josh_Alexander

h1a8

h1a8
Predicting and seeing into the future are two different things. Diana seeing thinks in slow motion doesn't mean she can react to them, as you still haven't proven she can move at speedblitzing speeds.

You have no basis of evidence to say that Diana can move faster than a Jedi. What's worse, Diana doesn't have the sword skills to even contest a Jedi.

So, Diana doesn't have the speed nor the skill.

Stop nitpicking. You should know what I mean when I say predicting. Future seeing (although Jedi don't do that).

You are missing the point. Your argument is that Diana couldn't get close enough to tag Grevious because she isn't fast enough to get through the swinging blades. Well Jedi that were a lot slower damaged Grevious.

Skill is irrelevant if someone is not fast enough to get through swinging blades. Think of a fan. You can't put your hand through without getting cut no matter your skill level. That's because you don't have the necessary speed.

So you contradicted yourself.

And when the Jedi damaged Grevious they did not use any speed blitz forward maneuver. They just stood in one location and managed to tag him.

No Jedi that damaged Grevious was shown to be faster than Diana.

So if Diana perceptions have Grevious as a near statue then she can tag Grevious far easier than those Jedi.

And seeing shit nearly frozen does mean you can react to the motion. Wtf is your dumb ass thinking. Diana reacts to bullets because she sees then in slow motion.

Josh_Alexander
Stop nitpicking. You should know what I mean when I say predicting. Future seeing (although Jedi don't do that).

You are missing the point. Your argument is that Diana couldn't get close enough to tag Grevious because she isn't fast enough to get through the swinging blades. Well Jedi that were a lot slower damaged Grevious.

Skill is irrelevant if someone is not fast enough to get through swinging blades. Think of a fan. You can't put your hand through without getting cut no matter your skill level. That's because you don't have the necessary speed.

And when the Jedi damaged Grevious they did not use any speed blitz forward maneuver. They just stood in one location and managed to tag him.

So if Diana perceptions have Grevious as a near statue then she can tag Grevious far easier than those Jedi.

And seeing shit nearly frozen does mean you can react to the motion. Wtf is your dumb ass thinking. Diana reacts to bullets because she sees then in slow motion.

Except you are ignoring the fact that the Jedi were blocking Grievous' offense, which actually requires skill!

They weren't just avoiding all Grievous' attacks and breaching his defense!

Diana has nor the skill nor the body speed to avoid all of Grievous' attacks.

BrolyBlack
Stop nitpicking.

And seeing shit nearly frozen does mean you can react to the motion.

Wtf is your dumb ass thinking.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

He really is

h1a8
Except you are ignoring the fact that the Jedi were blocking Grievous' offense, which actually requires skill!

You didn't address my argument. You just ignored it. That's trolling.

You are missing the point. Your argument is that Diana couldn't get close enough to tag Grevious because she ISNT FAST ENOUGH to get through the swinging blades. Well Jedi that were a lot slower damaged Grevious.

Surtur

This makes no sense. She can move her body to block bullets. She can perceive a bullet. Grievous moves slower than a bullet. This ends in one punch.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
This makes no sense. She can move her body to block bullets. She can perceive a bullet. Grievous moves slower than a bullet. This ends in one punch.

She has the speed to block a bullet, not several bullets at the same time.

She could block one of Grievous' arms, not necesarily all 4.

Surtur
He won't have a chance to swing all four arms.

Josh_Alexander
He won't have a chance to swing all four arms.

20 strikes per second speaks otherwise.

Surtur
Lol when did he hit someone 20 times in a second?

carthage

BrolyBlack

h1a8
20 strikes per second speaks otherwise.

Yet much slower Jedi can tag him. Why?
What do you think will happen if Diana views him as a near statue?

Surtur
Maybe his 20 strikes per second ability was disabled when fighting Obi Wan. Poor guy.

Trocity
Grievous stomps.

Josh_Alexander

If you were to know about SW lore, then you wouldn't be asking this.

Josh_Alexander
Yet much slower Jedi can tag him. Why?
What do you think will happen if Diana views him as a near statue?

Now you are just avoiding

CaveDude33211

It's a reference to this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LeftTidyAuklet-size_restricted.gif

Labyrinth Of Evil and the Revenge Of The Sith novelization both clarified that Grevious had the capability to strike twenty times per second.

Surtur
Okay but statements need to be supported by feats. Is there an actual feat of him striking someone 20 times in a second or does a book merely claim he's capable of it? He certainly doesn't perform such a feat during any film or tv show.

And if it's referencing his Obi Wan fight it is a pretty blatant exaggeration of what goes down.

BrolyBlack
Never argue with a retard

Josh_Alexander
Okay but statements need to be supported by feats. Is there an actual feat of him striking someone 20 times in a second or does a book merely claim he's capable of it? He certainly doesn't perform such a feat during any film or tv show.

And if it's referencing his Obi Wan fight it is a pretty blatant exaggeration of what goes down.

If the movie states he does then he does. I assume you haven't watched the CW series.

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Never argue with a retard

That's why no one argues with you laughing

BrolyBlack
Says the retard^

KingD19
The movie never stated it anywhere though.

carthage

Robtard
If the movie states he does then he does. I assume you haven't watched the CW series.

When I noted on page 3 that Wonder Woman: "is a Amazonian warrior-goddess raised in a combat-orientated society and trained with sword, spear and shield. She's also around 5,000 years old; that's a lot of training, Josh."

You said: "Statements are useless without feats to back them up."

But now statements work as usable feats for Grevious. You really are a dishonest debater, Josh.

Surtur

That's why no one argues with you laughing

I have watched the CW series, but I can't claim perfect memory of every episode. Can you describe the scene in which this is said? Or link to it?

BrolyBlack
When I noted on page 3 that Wonder Woman: "is a Amazonian warrior-goddess raised in a combat-orientated society and trained with sword, spear and shield. She's also around 5,000 years old; that's a lot of training, Josh."

But now statements work as usable feats for Grevious. You really are a dishonest debater, Josh.

Bingo and he’s a disgraceful liar.

CaveDude33211

The novelization merely describes what happens on screen in the movie.

Keep in mind that it's been stated that the fights in the movies are "slowed down" so that the audience can actually view the fights.

In the reality of the Star Wars universe the most powerful Jedi, Sith and Grevious can all move at speeds invisible to the naked eye.

"The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move them faster than the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and the lightsaber within it would literally vanish: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed, an imitation quantum event. No human being could move remotely as fast as Grievous, not even Obi-Wan - but he didn't have to."
https://media3.giphy.com/media/MTViaLu6tSo12/source.gif
"Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack."

- Revenge of the sith novel Novelization

It's basically just describing what's onscreen.

Grevious having cybernetic-reflexes was a major plot-point - and the specific reason for Kenobi going to Utapau in the first place.

- If Grevious couldn't strike at 20 times per second - they would have sent some mook-Jedi, instead.

Kenobi was there specifically because of that speed.

Josh_Alexander

Except we actually have a glimpse at Grievous rotating his sabers really fast, which actually gives credit to the statement.

And I said that being 50,000 years old plays no backup to she being an amazing saber duelist.

Try again.

Josh_Alexander

Keep in mind that it's been stated that the fights in the movies are "slowed down" so that the audience can actually view the fights.

In the reality of the Star Wars universe the most powerful Jedi, Sith and Grevious can all move at speeds invisible to the naked eye.

"The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move them faster than the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and the lightsaber within it would literally vanish: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed, an imitation quantum event. No human being could move remotely as fast as Grievous, not even Obi-Wan - but he didn't have to."
"Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack."

Grevious having cybernetic-reflexes was a major plot-point - and the specific reason for Kenobi going to Utapau in the first place.

- If Grevious couldn't strike at 20 times per second - they would have sent some mook-Jedi, instead.

thumb up

Josh_Alexander
I have watched the CW series, but I can't claim perfect memory of every episode. Can you describe the scene in which this is said? Or link to it?

WlnEtvwegSQ&t=596s

The youtuber above is a very knowledgable on SW and fanfics as a whole.

He makes a good portrayal of Grievous.

CaveDude33211
WlnEtvwegSQ&t=596s

The youtuber above is a very knowledgable on SW and fanfics as a whole.

He makes a good portrayal of Grievous.

This was really good. thumb up

h1a8

1) on screen feats only, no novels
2) we use visual speed unless there is strong evidence otherwise (like bullets, etc).

So again, by what we see Grevious would be a statue to WW.

CaveDude33211
1) on screen feats only, no novels
2) we use visual speed unless there is strong evidence otherwise (like bullets, etc).

So again, by what we see Grevious would be a statue to WW.

The novel merely describes what is happening onscreen.

There is no discrepancy, and thusly no reason for it to be discounted.

Visual speed also cannot be relied upon for Star Wars, since the fights in Star Wars are slowed down purposely for the the audience's benefit.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>