Vapes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
So there's been a lot of shit about vapes in the news, and a lot of talk among politicians on both sides of the aisle about various forms of bans n shit. Trump's certainly weighed in, the FDA's weighed in. People screaming "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!"

So what are your thoughts?

CaveDude33211
People get pneumonia every day. Probably more of them smoke cigarettes than vape. Even more smoke neither. As an ex-smoker, I can assure you vaping is better than smoking. The rich are just looking to regulate it so they can slap another fat tax on the poor. They're willing to spend a few million on propaganda to reap a few hundred billion down the road.

So yeah, it's propaganda.

SquallX

Silent Master
Let the retards kill themselves. it's natural selection.

dadudemon
I let my employees vape indoors.

Second hand vape is pretty much 0 health risk. When you're sitting in very large conference rooms, and are spaced far apart, it pretty much completely dissipates. I would prefer every single smoker start vaping, immediately.

There is still a health risk.

https://health.usnews.com/conditions/articles/secondhand-vaping-risks-for-kids

Anyway, I got Rogue Jedi a vaping device to help him quite smoking cigs. He said it is stronger than a cig. Far less "bad" for you than a cig and the second hand "smoke" is far less bad for others. Seems like a no brainer.

Still, I won't interfere with people's right to kill themselves.

Emperordmb

Surtur
I honestly just couldn't get into vaping. I prefer to smoke.

ArtificialGlory

Esau Cairn
From what I gather, it's not so much regulating vaping but the actual devices themselves. There's more cheap knock-offs on sale then the real authentic ones.

Cheap knock offs that have a tendency to catch on fire.

Some also advertise as no-nicotine but actually have nicotine to get you hooked on their brand.

Eon Blue

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Silent Master
Let the retards kill themselves. it's natural selection.

If people want to kill themselves because smoking is more important then living, who are we to get in their way.

shiv
These Cases

What environment are they working and living in?

What are the levels of Mold Spores, Dust, Particulate (Harmful Vehicle Emissions), Dioxins, etc in the air they're breathing?

What are their occupations?

Their Medical Record?

Lifestyle?

What equipment are they using?

Are they using it responsibly?

samhain
I know people who have never smoked yet have started vaping because they think it's healthy or something, seems like lots of young people are into it probably because it's called a device and they love devices but then cigarettes have always been aimed at children, why should vaping devices be any different? Personally, I'm coming up on 3 months without smoking (or vaping for that matter).

Surtur
Did people see this clusterf*ck?

Witness Says Vaping Helped Her Quit Smoking. Rashida Tlaib Asks 'Are You a Conspiracy Theorist?'

wut

BrolyBlack
Wow and people say Rashida is smart?

Raptor22
Originally posted by samhain
Personally, I'm coming up on 3 months without smoking (or vaping for that matter). congrats. Its not easy. Hope u stick with it

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Wow and people say Rashida is smart?

"Moments before, Tlaib had asserted secondhand smoke was "worse than directly smoking cigarettes."

Hmm.

BrolyBlack

dadudemon
Originally posted by shiv
Before blaming E-Cigs and vaping for all medical problems a person experiences, you should first consider these questions:

1. What environment are they working and living in?

2. What are the levels of Mold Spores, Dust, Particulate (Harmful Vehicle Emissions), Dioxins, etc. in the air that they're breathing?

3. What are their occupations?

4. What is in their medical history that could be a contributing factor?

5. Is there anything in their lifestyle that could be a contributing factor?

6. What equipment are they using?

7. Are they using e-cigs responsibly?

Updated your post for you.

Raptor22
@broly

It was a fairly common misconception back in the day that alot of people believed. Tho with things like the interwebs around nowadays there's really no excuse for not knowing.

With that being said second hand smoke is still very dangerous.

"Secondhand smoke contains hundreds of chemicals known to be toxic or carcinogenic, including formaldehyde, benzene, vinyl chloride, arsenic ammonia and hydrogen cyanide."

"Secondhand smoke is a serious health hazard causing more than 41,000 deaths per year. It can cause or make worse a wide range of damaging health effects in children and adults, including lung cancer, respiratory infections and asthma."

"Secondhand smoke causes approximately 7,330 deaths from lung cancer and 33,950 deaths from heart disease each year."

"Between 1964 and 2014, 2.5 million people died from exposure to secondhand smoke, according to the 2014 report from the U.S. Surgeon General. The report also concluded that secondhand smoke is a definitive cause of stroke."

https://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/health-effects-of-secondhand-smoke.html

Robtard
I'll take a vaper next to me over a smoker any day of the week.

Vaping should be regulated similar to cigarettes though, age restrictions, can't market to kids, where you can and can't vape. Though likely not as strict with the last.

Cig smoking should only be allowed in enclosed glass boxes with proper ventilation, like they have in some airports, where normal people can watch the smokers like one would watch monkeys at a zoo, while the children point and laugh while making funny faces.

BrolyBlack

shiv
Originally posted by dadudemon

Thank You.

Emperordmb

dadudemon

Robtard

Emperordmb
That's a good point.

I want to eliminate age restrictions on everything and start requiring competency tests.

And I mean everything.

Can't vote unless you pass the test.

Can't drive.

Can't smoke.

Etc.
I don't necessarily agree. I think age, despite its arbitrary nature is a guarantee that at some point you will grow into your liberty. A test could all too easily be gerrymandered to suit the interests of whoever makes the test.

ArtificialGlory

Robtard
That would mean Republicans wouldn't get to have kids anymore.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't necessarily agree. I think age, despite its arbitrary nature is a guarantee that at some point you will grow into your liberty. A test could all too easily be gerrymandered to suit the interests of whoever makes the test.

I disagree. A test cannot be readily gerrymandered unless you think a drivers' written test is that magical.

In which case, Republicans would be all over that. lol

dadudemon

ArtificialGlory
That's where this idea started, by me, years ago, on KMC.
Indeed, I remember.

Surtur

Badabing
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So there's been a lot of shit about vapes in the news, and a lot of talk among politicians on both sides of the aisle about various forms of bans n shit. Trump's certainly weighed in, the FDA's weighed in. People screaming "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!"

So what are your thoughts? I'm tired of kneejerk reactions in this country. Ban this, protest that...stfu. We live in such luxury that people can get triggered and erupt in outrage too easily.

So no to banning. They need to figure out the actual cause. My guess is these kids are adding stuff to their vapes they shouldn't, using the thing excessively, or maybe there was a bad batch of the fluid.

Surtur
Plus the teens will be dead in 12 years anyways so let them vape. If they die early it's a blessing.

If lefties keep resisting and want a ban just tell them maybe Nick Sandmann vapes and he might die. They will change their tune.

shiv
I strongly doubt any one who walks more than 3 miles a day

in all weather conditions

has or will ever have any thing to fear from vaping.

Same goes for anyone who works or lives near salt water or at high altitude.

samhain
Originally posted by Raptor22
congrats. Its not easy. Hope u stick with it

Cheers. Although I'm still working alongside smokers and taking my breaks with them so I'm probably not completely 'clean' just yet.

dadudemon
Originally posted by shiv
I strongly doubt anyone who walks more than 3 miles a day - in all weather conditions - has or will ever have any thing to fear from vaping. Same goes for anyone who works or lives near salt water or at high altitude.

Do you make all posts from your mobile phone? I find myself similarly spacing out my posts like yours when on mobile (but I remove the spaces right before hitting submit).

samhain

Do you make all posts from your mobile phone? I find myself similarly spacing out my posts like yours when on mobile (but I remove the spaces right before hitting submit).

No he's just trying to write haiku's.

cdtm
Let's be honest, there was NEVER going to be acceptable vaping, especially associated with children.

Even if it was found perfectly safe, this is more about social stigma then facts. And the media is nothing more then a peddler of bias for their audiences (If their entire audience believed in feeding brown skinned children to Nazi Pit Bulls, they'd show videos of Nazi Pit Bull feeding frenzies.)

shiv

Gracias, mi amigo.

I can confirm, I do use a mobile device (some times).

shiv
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3614180.stm

31 August, 2004, 12:01 GMT 13:01 UK

Loud Music Lung Collapse Warning

It's not just damage to hearing that clubbers should worry about
Loud music can do more than damage your hearing - it can also cause your lungs to collapse.

Experts writing in the Thorax detail four cases where loud music fans experienced the condition, known as a pneumothorax.

One man was driving when he experienced a pneumothorax, characterised by breathlessness and chest pain.

Doctors linked it to a 1,000 watt "bass box" fitted to his car to boost the power of his stereo.

A pneumothorax occurs when air gets into the space between the lung and the membrane that covers it when small breaks occur in the lung wall.

It is thought the intense pulses of low-frequency, high-energy sound causes the lung to rupture because air and tissue respond differently to sound.

The usual risk factors for collapsed lungs are smoking, illness that has weakened the patient, chronic obstructive lung disease or use of drugs that depress alertness or consciousness, such as sedatives, barbiturates, tranquilizers, or alcohol.

In a minority of cases, the oxygen supply to the vital organs is seriously diminished and the patient's life can be put at risk.

A pneumothorax is treated by inserting a tube called a chest drain to allow air to escape from the chest cavity.

Concerts

In a second case detailed in Thorax, a 25-year-old smoker saw doctors after experiencing a sudden severe pain in the left side of this chest while standing next to a loud speaker in a club.

A third man, a 23-year-old non-smoker, experienced a collapsed lung while attending a pop concert, where he was standing quietly near to several large loud speakers.

In the final case outlined in the journal, a 23-year-old regular smoker had suffered pneumothorax on several occasions.

During a follow-up consultation, where doctors were talking to him about what could have led up to each incident, he revealed that on two of the four occasions, he had been attending a heavy metal concert when he became ill.

Dr John Harvey, of Southmead Hospital in Bristol, who wrote the Thorax report, with colleagues from Belgium, told BBC News Online: "I don't think we'll stop people going to clubs, but we may be able to advise them not to stand next to loud speakers or put a bass box into their car."

Dr Harvey added: "A typical district hospital might see about 50 patients a year in casualty.

"We can't estimate how common loud music is as a cause, but it is probably quite significant.

"The condition is three times commoner in men than in women, and a proportion of sufferers may have been clubbing or standing next to a bass box at a pop concert."

Dr Harvey added: "Both my Belgian colleagues and I have seen cases and the more we mention it, the more people say 'I had a case like that'.

"So we're flagging it up so that doctors can ask the right questions."

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

SEE ALSO:
Safety on the dancefloor
07 Mar 02 | UK
Loud music threat to the young
03 Aug 99 | Health
Collapsed lung
08 Feb 03 | Medical notes

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
Thorax
British Thoracic Society
Noise information risks - Health and Safety Executive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.