Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArtificialGlory
Jordie’s been banging them pillies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rR15EKRlU8U

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Jordie’s been banging them pillies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rR15EKRlU8U I dont like him or his views but I hope he recovers from this watching someone you love die, is terrible. I know this and can empathise with him and understand his pain.

Robtard
As a feminist, I do hope Peterson recovers from his drug addiction and best wishes to his wife's recovery, hopefully she beats that shit cancer.

Did not know she's been a foster parent for kids needing homes/help for 20+ years. Good on her.

Surtur
It was sickening seeing some people rejoice over this, I'm glad he is getting help.

Robtard
Yeah, what kind of people would rejoice over someone who is hurt...

"LoL, too bad Clinton didn't break her neck instead when she slipped in the bathtub!" -Trumpers circa 2018

Surtur
Your "what aobut Hillary" is noted. Lets move on thumb up

Robtard
^ Did not like his Virtue Signaling being pointed out.

Anyhow, also read that Peterson's on/off addiction to mood-changing prescription drugs goes back around two decades at least, and it's not something that happened solely due to his wife's cancer, though that obviously would not help the man.

Surtur
^Deflected to Hillary in a pathetic trolling attempt. Good stuff.

https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif

Adam_PoE
What is with conservatives and opioid abuse?

Surtur
'Atta boy.

Adam_PoE
Jordan Peterson can now join the ranks of other trailer park heroes like Rush Limbaugh.

Surtur
Hell yeah, take him down a peg Adam. You so got him.

Adam_PoE
"He is a pill-popping drug addict! My conservative heroes are just like me!"

Surtur
Yeah, I bet his wife probably brought the cancer on herself too for being married to such a horrible guy.

Emperordmb
This is an example of why I think Putinbot and Robtard are better people than AdamPOE

Robtard
Nah.

Adam's just noting that Trumpers** love to attack anyone they perceive as "Leftist" when they're down, but virtue signal while clutching gradma's pearls when it happens to them.

**Not all of course. eg I don't recall you gleefully praying for Clinton's death after she collapsed due to pneumonia in 2016. edit: Wait, you weren't a Trumper then, but I still think you wouldn't have regardless.

Surtur
See DMB this is why you're wrong, Rob and PB aren't any better. They agree with Adam's dumb bullshit. They always have.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
See DMB this is why you're wrong, Rob and PB aren't any better. They agree with Adam's dumb bullshit. They always have. I said I hope Peterson recovers from his drug addiction and wished his seemingly very decent-of-a-person wife a recovery, it's that's akin to "dumb bullshit", cool.

PutinBot hasn't commented aside from good wishes to Peterson. So you're just freaking out over him for no reason again, other than your own petty dislikes.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
I said I hope Peterson recovers from his drug addiction and wished his seemingly very decent-of-a-person wife a recovery, it's that's akin to "dumb bullshit", cool.

PutinBot hasn't commented aside grom good wishes to Peterson.

But you also brought up Hillary Clinton for no reason lol. All comments were on topic until you.

And PB will agree with you lol. He always does no matter what. He can prove me wrong by saying he disagrees with you bringing Hillary into this. Spoiler: he never will.

Robtard
But you also brought up Hillary Clinton for no reason lol. All comments were on topic until you.

And PB will agree with you lol. He always does no matter what.

Incorrect. It was an example to show how you have floating standards and were virtue signaling, as you've wished ill on people who were down on their luck as well simply because you didn't like them.

IOW: You attacked PutinBot here for no reason, when he's only made one goodwill post towards Peterson.

Surtur
Incorrect. It was an example to show how you have floating standards and were virtue signaling, as you've wished ill on people who were down on their luck as well simply because you didn't like them.

IOW: You attacked PutinBot here for no reason, when he's only made one goodwill post towards Peterson.

No it's not incorrect: everything was on topic until you brought up Hillary. And you have zero room to run your mouth about floating standards, which is another problematic part of your post.

And hey PB can prove me wrong. You think he will?

Robtard
What I said was correct; this won't be debated. You not liking that as usual has been noted. /noted

Surtur
Nah what you said was a lie and deflection lol. You know it, I know it, anyone with a brain knows it.

Keep digging that hole though.

Robtard
Re:
What I said was correct; this won't be debated. You not liking that as usual has been noted. /noted

Surtur
Nah what you said was a lie and deflection lol. You know it, I know it, anyone with a brain knows it.

Keep digging that hole though.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
What is with conservatives and opioid abuse?
Jordie's on benzos.

Surtur
Yeah he said it was anxiety medication. I do not think it is a narcotic?

I'm f*cking helping.

https://i.imgur.com/1UAPtgZ.jpg

ArtificialGlory
Yeah he said it was anxiety medication. I do not think it is a narcotic?

I'm f*cking helping.

https://i.imgur.com/1UAPtgZ.jpg
Yeah, but benzos can be incredibly nasty. Although I suppose opioids are great for anxiety too, when it comes down to it.

Surtur
Oh both can have severe withdrawal effects.

And to me it would be weird to give like vicodin or percocet to a guy with anxiety. Valium? Sure.

ArtificialGlory
Oh both can have severe withdrawal effects.

And to me it would be weird to give like vicodin or percocet to a guy with anxiety. Valium? Sure.
Yeah, using opioids to relieve anxiety is definitely off-label use and by "off-label use" I mean crushing the pills up and snorting them.

Surtur
Sounds like how celebrities relieve anxiety.

ArtificialGlory
Sounds like how celebrities relieve anxiety.
Best done in a McDonald's bathroom.

Adam_PoE
Nah.

Adam's just noting that Trumpers** love to attack anyone they perceive as "Leftist" when they're down, but virtue signal while clutching gradma's pearls when it happens to them.

**Not all of course. eg I don't recall you gleefully praying for Clinton's death after she collapsed due to pneumonia in 2016. edit: Wait, you weren't a Trumper then, but I still think you wouldn't have regardless.

It is very interesting to me that conservatives have limitless understanding, support, and forgiveness, but only for people on their side of the political aisle.

SquallX
Will you morons just shut up for once!

dadudemon
Originally posted by SquallX
Will you morons just shut up for once!

haermm

https://i.imgur.com/bKwv5L9.gif

dadudemon
It is very interesting to me that conservatives have limitless understanding, support, and forgiveness, but only for people on their side of the political aisle.

I'm a liberal.

I took up for Hillary when people were mocking her for whatever illness she had. thumb up

Does anyone on this site, except for Enthnolester, identify as a conservative, though?

Robtard

That phenomenon is interesting to me too.

But I would add it's more of the Republican-Conservative types and definitely the Trumpers.

BrolyBlack
The guys wife has been struggling bad, why is everyone jumping on him to get help to get off clonopin?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
The guys wife has been struggling bad, why is everyone jumping on him to get help to get off clonopin?
Cause he failed to slay the dragon of chaos in his life. He tried to clean his room, but found instead a bunch of Klonopin bottles and banged them all down.

Surtur

Lol that goes both ways.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Cause he failed to slay the dragon of chaos in his life. He tried to clean his room, but found instead a bunch of Klonopin bottles and banged them all down.

We are only human

Adam_PoE
Lol that goes both ways.

No, it does not. Conservatives have compassion only for other conservatives, whereas progressives have compassion for everyone who is not cruel.

Emperordmb
No, it does not. Conservatives have compassion only for other conservatives, whereas progressives have compassion for everyone who is not cruel.
Except you tend to define "Everyone who is not cruel" as "everyone who doesn't oppose my agenda"

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Except you tend to define "Everyone who is not cruel" as "everyone who doesn't oppose my agenda"

No, I define cruelty as cruelty. For example, exploiting anti-transgender animus for profit is cruel. I would not have any compassion for the misfortune of a such a person.

SquallX

Robtard
Are we back to pretending conservatives are spotless. Cute.

BrolyBlack

ArtificialGlory
We are only human
Fair enough.

Surtur

Yeah, it goes both ways.

Putinbot1
We are only human Yes, we are and shit happens. Nobody really has a plan when the world punches you in the face. We all do the best we can, which would have been a truer more honest philosophy for Jordan to expound, but made him a lot less money. Nobody normal likes to see anybody in rehab, and watching someone you love die is always hell. I wish him well and hope he recovers. I also hope he understands the world is more complex and no easy answers exist often.

Surtur

Not sure, it seems pointing out some sick folk were celebrating this triggered people. Everything was 100% on topic until "but Hillary" had to be injected into it. Because anything that makes progressives look remotely bad needs to be immediately countered, the NPC's are programmed that way.

Robtard
sick folk were celebrating

*Still needs citation*

*still virtue signaling*

Putinbot1
To be honest this is little different to Nietsches' breakdown over the beaten horse. Both, although Petersons experience is far worse in my opinion are things that would upset anyone normal and under the right crcumstances seriously damage the psyche. People are far simpler emotionally than philosphies and the world is a very much harder more complex world for people who try to never bend, sometimes we all have to roll with a punch or two. It's not hypocrisy on Peterson's part because until you taste real shit you can't imagine how nasty it is. He now I suspect gets it.

Surtur
I mean we're already seeing shit like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFAIypaWsAYFZlL.jpg:large

Robtard
@pb1

"It's not hypocrisy on Peterson's part because until you taste real shit you can't imagine how nasty it is." -pb1

"He now I suspect gets it." -pb1

Partly agree there, but a bit of humility along the way, goes a long way.

I'm skeptical, but hopefully .

Surtur
Wait, folk were trying to say this shows hypocrisy? Sad.

Putinbot1
@pb1

"It's not hypocrisy on Peterson's part because until you taste real shit you can't imagine how nasty it is." -pb1

"He now I suspect gets it." -pb1

Partly agree there, but a bit of humility along the way, goes a long way.

I'm skeptical, but hopefully . We all think nothing can touch us until we lose something that really matters, be it a partner, kid, the ability to walk, our liberty. Jordan lived in a very rareified world, reality can become a game when you are lucky and it brings you crashing down harder when things go wrong. Humility is reserved for those of us who have learnt or been taught it by life. Like Broly said, and on this Rob I agree, "we are only human", however it takes adversity to realise it. No easy answers exist.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
We all think nothing can touch us until we lose something that really matters, be it a partner, kid, the ability to walk, our liberty. Jordan lived in a very rareified world, reality can become a game when you are lucky and it brings you crashing down harder when things go wrong. Humility is reserved for those of us who have learnt or been taught it by life. Like Broly said, and on this Rob I agree, "we are only human", however it takes adversity to realise it. No easy answers exist.

Someone in the past had a discussion about JP and there was a video of him on Joe Rogan discussing how he (JP) hadn't eaten or slept something weird for "literally" 30 days. He was showing signs of drug use back then (the symptoms were easy to see.)

Not many people like to watch someone spiral, especially in their "off" moments. Best of luck to JP and anyone else that has an addiction problem.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by snowdragon
Someone in the past had a discussion about JP and there was a video of him on Joe Rogan discussing how he (JP) hadn't eaten or slept something weird for "literally" 30 days. He was showing signs of drug use back then (the symptoms were easy to see.)

Not many people like to watch someone spiral, especially in their "off" moments. Best of luck to JP and anyone else that has an addiction problem.

30 goddamn days? Must have been the most epic amphetamine bender in Canadian history.

jaden_2.0
It's a shame that a guy who dedicates a significant part of his life to helping young men become more emotionally resilient struggles with it himself. Mental illness can affect anyone and I wish him well in his recovery. His wife too.

Surtur
How god damn dare u

SamZED
Joe Rogan on his podcast talked about how Peterson is one of the most misrepresented public figures. It seems to be the case. I don't agree with some of his views, but i'm yet to hear him say anything that makes him an evil facist he is constantly painted as. His debate with Dyson was the most painful to listen to. Like listening to two highschoolers one of whom is trying to give rational arguments while the other one's pointing finger and calling him names.
To people who say he tries to cash in on others misfortune I wanna ask how? He became famous by standing up for an idea and at the time he had nothing to gain from it but risked losing everything. Now people want to come and listen to his lectures. Most of which have nothing to do with politics. Why wouldn't he do that for a living?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's a shame that a guy who dedicates a significant part of his life to helping young men become more emotionally resilient struggles with it himself. Mental illness can affect anyone and I wish him well in his recovery. His wife too. I wonder if his rules were how he was "keeping himself" able to function, having already had a brush with losing the plot. Makes sense, but the inability to bend or acknowledge the effects of deep emotion, which no one can plan for, seem to have been a weakness in his plan, as these things are for everyone. I agree with you and Snowdragon on all counts mate.

Putinbot1
No, I define cruelty as cruelty. For example, exploiting anti-transgender animus for profit is cruel. I would not have any compassion for the misfortune of a such a person. No doubt this is reprehensible from him. No one should sell bigotry.

Putinbot1
There is a profound sadness to me that young men so badly need a brusque father figure with feet of clay like Peterson. His strange obsessions with gender and neo marxists professors aside, he has been a moderate force for the most part to disenfranchised young men of the internet.

Surtur
No doubt this is reprehensible from him. No one should sell bigotry.

Good thing JP doesn't sell bigotry.

There is a profound sadness to me that young men so badly need a brusque father figure with feet of clay like Peterson. His strange obsessions with gender and neo marxists professors aside, he has been a moderate force for the most part to disenfranchised young men of the internet.

^Legit laughed out loud over this. Great satire thumb up

Putinbot1

snowdragon

It seems to me, that he was in part adding discipline to a group of individuals lost to internet gaming/youtube. The only reason I know about the guy is how he spoke to free speech and gender pronouns which is what gathered his fame.

The internet is a ubiquitous force that isn't focused on good or bad but obviously allows a gigantic platform and it allows a lot of influence to pop up rapidly.

Putinbot1
It seems to me, that he was in part adding discipline to a group of individuals lost to internet gaming/youtube. The only reason I know about the guy is how he spoke to free speech and gender pronouns which is what gathered his fame.

The internet is a ubiquitous force that isn't focused on good or bad but obviously allows a gigantic platform and it allows a lot of influence to pop up rapidly. No, I don't disagree, my sadness is they didn't or couldn't divine the world for themselves. Although it seems Jordan's understanding was relatively superficial also.

snowdragon
No, I don't disagree, my sadness is they didn't or couldn't divine the world for themselves. Although it seems Jordan's understanding was relatively superficial also.

I agree, in part, the internet creates its own world that is separate from the communities that we live in. This is the issue for our generation to attempt to reconcile aside from our cleaning up our planet.

It would be amazing if someone with the resources/brains/direction would push an agenda that focuses on community wellness and global awareness without being dicks stick out tongue

Putinbot1
I agree, in part, the internet creates its own world that is separate from the communities that we live in. This is the issue for our generation to attempt to reconcile aside from our cleaning up our planet.

It would be amazing if someone with the resources/brains/direction would push an agenda that focuses on community wellness and global awareness without being dicks stick out tongue again, I agree totally. Resilience isn't easy, we all have times in our lives when we feel lost and broken, sometimes we are and we just have to push on. The truth is Jordan gave these kids a framework that to a point will work. It won't work when something truly serious happens, nothing does. It's then people have to find their own way, often with the help of friends, the authorities, whatever help is available. Jordan even in this sense is luckier than most he is a wealthy, highly educated man. As Tyson said, "everyone has a plan", life just has a way of giving people a cheap shot from nowhere, which can easily become brutal ground and pound. No rules will help your life then, just resilience and someone helping restrain life from beating you down.

snowdragon
again, I agree totally. Resilience isn't easy, we all have times in our lives when we feel lost and broken, sometimes we are and we just have to push on. The truth is Jordan gave these kids a framework that to a point will work. It won't work when something truly serious happens, nothing does. It's then people have to find their own way, often with the help of friends, the authorities, whatever help is available. Jordan even in this sense is luckier than most he is a wealthy, highly educated man. As Tyson said, "everyone has a plan", life just has a way of giving people a cheap shot from nowhere, which can easily become brutal ground and pound. No rules will help your life then, just resilience and someone helping restrain life from beating you down.

I believe that was his point, provide an opportunity to identify a certain attitude then you need a support network to allow its growth.

Now if we utilized that belief system and injected it into say more impoverished areas with money we would have a new "religion" to handle in addition to providing to some really needy individuals.

cdtm
No doubt this is reprehensible from him. No one should sell bigotry.

Is that really what he was doing, though?

Was JP advocating any sort of violence or action against transgender people?

dadudemon
I mean we're already seeing shit like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFAIypaWsAYFZlL.jpg:large

I have (or had?) similar memes about Courtney Love and Charlie Sheen.

Sorry, man, drug abuse is drug abuse. If you do something stupid, expect to get made fun of.

I make fun of myself for divorcing. World needs less snowflakes.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon

Sorry, man, drug abuse is drug abuse. If you do something stupid, expect to get made fun of.

I make fun of myself for divorcing. World needs less snowflakes. I wear both my divorces as a badge of pride, few things last forever. Drugs, one mans drug abuse is another mans Saturday night DDM. I used to love Coke and probably would still abuse the **** out of it if I didn't want to live to see my granddaughter have grand kids and see my third family grow up. I dislike many things about JP, but I can forgive him a great deal because he is at least someone who lives life.

cdtm
The Simpsons made a really good point, in the episode about Marge and Homer helping out an old cowboy:

"Both my kids are grown, and had their kids. I made my fortune and retired. Why shouldn't I be able to do whatever I want?"

The law makes no distinction, of course. Even if it really should, since laws exist for a reason (The effect on society! Fatherless kids! Not wanting to work!)

Surtur

To be honest there were people on twitter celebrating too, but I'm too lazy to go try to find them all again.

cdtm
Would believe anything about toxic twitter.

dadudemon
I wear both my divorces as a badge of pride, few things last forever. Drugs, one mans drug abuse is another mans Saturday night DDM. I used to love Coke and probably would still abuse the **** out of it if I didn't want to live to see my granddaughter have grand kids and see my third family grow up. I dislike many things about JP, but I can forgive him a great deal because he is at least someone who lives life.

Nice! thumb up

Despite you being a giant wanker sometimes, you're deep down (in your butthole, most likely) a softy.

Putinbot1
Nice! thumb up

Despite you being a giant wanker sometimes, you're deep down (in your butthole, most likely) a softy. nothing soft about my butthole I do exercises to keep it tight. That said I am always amazed when I pass a shit as big as a baby's arm and yes that kind of contraction and relaxation is no doubt a definite example of release being pleasure from pain. 😊

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by cdtm
Is that really what he was doing, though?

Was JP advocating any sort of violence or action against transgender people?

He literally compared transgender people advocating for their inclusion in the Human Rights Act to Mao.

Silent Master
What are the odds that he's leaving out context?

Trocity
It's Insecure Adam, so it's basically a KMC guarantee that it's context free.

Robtard

Actually good point, do recall certain people here mocking and having a laugh at Charlie Sheen's expense when he was down the drug hole.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Silent Master

Not as great as you being a time-waster troll.

Silent Master
Not as great as you being a time-waster troll.

Ah, yes. the favorite tactic of people that know I'm right.

Raptor22
Ah, yes. the favorite tactic of people that know I'm right. please do go on

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16990473&highlight=userid%3A67348#post16990473

Silent Master
That was in response to you ignoring my explanation, completely different context.

Nice try though.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Raptor22
please do go on

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16990473&highlight=userid%3A67348#post16990473

laughing out loud how embarrassing

Emperordmb
It's from the Cathy Newman interview. Adam's framing it as an attack on transgender people, whereas Peterson specifically clarified that he wasn't referring to anyone who is transgender, but a particular sort of political activist pushing the intersectional agenda.

He's clarified over and over again that his criticisms are ideological criticisms rather than an attack on people for being transgender.

Silent Master
It's from the Cathy Newman interview. Adam's framing it as an attack on transgender people, whereas Peterson specifically clarified that he wasn't referring to anyone who is transgender, but a particular sort of political activist pushing the intersectional agenda.

He's clarified over and over again that his criticisms are ideological criticisms rather than an attack on people for being transgender.

IOW, context was left out.

I'm shocked.

Raptor22
That was in response to you ignoring my explanation, completely different context.

Nice try though. if only ur explanation addressed the question.

Ur try was not good

Silent Master
It did.

Nice try though.

Putinbot1
S and M loves all this Raptor. He is good at what he does, fair dues to him thumb up

Adam_PoE

By all means, how is Peterson saying that people advocating that a group to which they belong be included in a charter protecting human rights is ideologically no different than a mass-murdering dictator not an attack on people?

Adam_PoE
Adam_PoE: You are saying someone who's trying to live like Christ, who may well have struggled with that, who had quite a tough time over the years, you're comparing them with, you know, Chairman Mao, who saw the deaths of millions of people.

Peterson: No, just the activists.

Adam_PoE: Well, even the Christian activists, you know, they're people too. They have a right to try to live according to their consciences.

Peterson: Yeah, but they don't have the right to impose their beliefs on the whole community.

Adam_PoE: Under Mao millions of people die. I mean, there's no comparison between Mao and a Christian activist, is there?

Peterson: Why not?

Adam_PoE: Because Christian activists aren't killing millions of people.

Peterson: The philosophy that's guiding their utterances is the same philosophy.

Adam_PoE: The consequences are not the same.

Peterson: Not yet.

Adam_PoE: So you're saying that Christian activists could lead to the deaths of millions of people?

---

Tell me, dmb, does this seem like an ideological criticism to you or an attack?

dadudemon
By all means, how is Peterson saying that people advocating that a group to which they belong be included in a charter protecting human rights is ideologically no different than a mass-murdering dictator not an attack on people?

I don't advocate that Mormons are not allowed to be made fun of. And I don't advocate Mormons have to be referred to by their special titles and names (we have them).

People born to Mormon parents are more likely to grow up being Mormon than a kid is to be transgender when born to a transgender parent. Meaning, it is harder to get away from being a Mormon than it is being transgender. So making fun of Mormons should be worse than Transgenders, right?

But I digress: suicide among Mormons is far less than transgenders and I want less death in the world.

Nibedicus

Surtur
Actually good point, do recall certain people here mocking and having a laugh at Charlie Sheen's expense when he was down the drug hole.

Hey if JP goes on a crazed rant about being a warlock for the vatican I give you permission to laugh. Come on, that's a crazy thing to say and just the suggestion the vatican has warlocks makes me giggle.

It's not like Sheen just went "yeah, my wife is dying and I turned to drugs and got hooked and now I'm gonna seek help" and people went "lolololol!".

Putinbot1
Hey if JP goes on a crazed rant about being a warlock for the vatican I give you permission to laugh. Come on, that's a crazy thing to say and just the suggestion the vatican has warlocks makes me giggle.

It's not like Sheen just went "yeah, my wife is dying and I turned to drugs and got hooked and now I'm gonna seek help" and people went "lolololol!". when I lived in KSA we called the school for Islamic studies that produced the religious Police Hogwarts.

Silent Master
when I lived in KSA we called the school for Islamic studies that produced the religious Police Hogwarts.

I hope that was intentional

Putinbot1
I hope that was intentional ha, I'd never thought of it that way, it may have been on reflection as it came originally from some guys at BAE systems. Ouch.

One Big Mob
I like when Jordan Peterson snorts morphine because hey, even the greatest Angel in Lucifer had a wild side. Jordan Peterson just needs to find his light again so he can tell me to clean my room so I can find lost pills and hate black people.

Rage.Of.Olympus
3 posts before this turned into Trump/Hilary.

Lol.

Jordan was on an anti-depressant that can cause SERIOUS withdrawals. He's known his wife since they were teenagers right? Imagine loving someone for that long and being helpless as they're wasting away. That's terrible.

Good on him. Having the knowledge to go into rehab to properly detox from these anti-depressants instead of "toughing it out" is by far the smartest thing to do.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
3 posts before this turned into Trump/Hilary.

Lol.

Jordan was on an anti-depressant that can cause SERIOUS withdrawals. He's known his wife since they were teenagers right? Imagine loving someone for that long and being helpless as they're wasting away. That's terrible.

Good on him. Having the knowledge to go into rehab to properly detox from these anti-depressants instead of "toughing it out" is by far the smartest thing to do.

What is strange is Rob acted like I insulted one side and thus he had to come even the odds and insult the other, that is strange because I didn't even mention the left or right in that post, I just said some people were celebrating. Rob seemed to intuitively realize they would be leftists and thus he had to say something, intriguing. This is a similar phenomenon to Trump Compliment Syndrome, where people feel they can't compliment Trump about anything without also inserting an insult. Example: Oh Trump saved a kid from drowning? Good, but it sucks he put kids in cages.

Anyways, yeah I'm not even sure why he told people he was going into rehab. They could have easily explained his not being around as much with "he is taking some time to deal with the emotional fallout of his wife's illness".

Wait, I think it's probably because he wanted to try to help other people going through similar things feel a bit better about themselves, maybe help them understand they aren't alone. What an alt right monster.

BackFire

Putinbot1

Robtard
What is strange is Rob acted like I insulted one side and thus he had to come even the odds and insult the other, that is strange because I didn't even mention the left or right in that post, I just said some people were celebrating. Rob seemed to intuitively realize they would be leftists and thus he had to say something, intriguing. This is a similar phenomenon to Trump Compliment Syndrome, where people feel they can't compliment Trump about anything without also inserting an insult. Example: Oh Trump saved a kid from drowning? Good, but it sucks he put kids in cages.

You're playing games again, because you acted like a hypocrite while virtue signaling and you didn't like having that pointed out.

Next time do yourself a favor. Read out loud what you just typed and reflect on it for 10 seconds before hitting send.

Surtur
You're playing games again, because you acted like a hypocrite while virtue signaling and you didn't like having that pointed out.

Next time do yourself a favor. Read out loud what you just typed and reflect on it for 10 seconds before hitting send.

Didn't act like a hypocrite...you just couldn't stand me noting something about this situation and had to involve Hillary. You just couldn't leave it lol, you *had* to bring her into it.

Which hey that is your choice, but I don't wanna see you cry if others do the same in your threads or threads from your pals in the future(you have indeed cried about this before).

Robtard
My example of your hypocrisy and virtue signaling just happened to be about Clinton. You're trying to use that as a means to distract and deflect from yourself, it's very obvious.

Surtur
My example of your hypocrisy and virtue signaling just happened to be about Clinton. You're trying to use that as a means to distract and deflect from yourself, it's very obvious.

The problem is there was no hypocrisy and you couldn't help drag Hillary into this, but keep trying thumb up

Emperordmb
He's tweeting again, he's close to returning. I'm deeply happy for him.

Emperordmb
@Putinbot I think you have a caricature of what Peterson actually thinks. You seem to portray him as almost this "every man for himself" type figure and someone who believes people never need help.

He's stated before that some people struggle under burdens too difficult for them to bear and that the tragedy of life can deal people serious damage. And one of his twelve rules is to treat yourself as someone you're responsible for helping. According to that chapter if you need medication take your damn medication. He's said if you need antidepressants don't be too prideful to accept the necessary help. I'd assume the same here applies to his rehab. The responsible thing for him to do was to go into rehab. He may have needed help but he was willing to admit that much rather than letting his life spiral further out of control. He's a clinical psychologist, his entire profession is built around people needing help and support with the struggles of their lives.

He also doesn't believe it should be "every man for himself," it's why one of his rules is for people to make friends with people who genuinely support them in life. It's why he tells people not just to be responsible for their own sake, but so they can be a person other people can rely upon. He tells people that they play an active role in how good or bad the world is for everyone and that they should take responsibility for that. He points out repeatedly that we should be reciprocal in our relationships with other people. He has stated repeatedly that despite believing the left can go too far, that they have a valuable and necessary role in politics in aiding and giving a voice to the people who wind up at the bottom of society, that's part of the reason why he supports Canada's healthcare system and why he believes a party advocating for the working class is a good thing to have.

I mean no disrespect Putinbot, but it seems like your criticism of Peterson is you unknowingly attacking a caricature of him, which I don't necessarily blame you for, because the exposure you have of him likely comes mostly through either left wing outlets saying what they don't like about him, or right-wingers you argue with highlighting very specific points about him. Under those circumstances you're likely to see left-wing media outlets trying to criticize him and right-wingers on the internet praising him only honing in on a specific part of him, which paints the wrong picture if you aren't presented the full context and nuance of what he actually believes.

For example, it is correct to say that he argues a degree of hierarchy in society and uneven wealth distribution in society is justifiable. You'll hear the left-wing critics hone in on that as a point of critique and right-wingers hone in on that with praise and as an argument against those on the left. It is true that he makes that point, but if you only hear that point, and aren't exposed by either right-wingers you debate with or left-wingers who criticize him to his accompanying statements that hierarchies tend towards a degree of corruption and need to be held in check and criticized, or that hierarchies should be built on competence and the ability to actually help other people rather than dominance tyranny and pure selfishness, or that society needs to act to properly care for the people that become dispossessed in such societies, you're going to have a very skewed view of what he actually believes overall. You're going to assume he has a simplistic view based on the fact that those who disagree with him and those who argue against you hone in on the same points without giving the points that actually offer nuance as much attention.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I like when Jordan Peterson snorts morphine because hey, even the greatest Angel in Lucifer had a wild side. Jordan Peterson just needs to find his light again so he can tell me to clean my room so I can find lost pills and hate black people. missed this... Brilliant satire.

DMB that's a lot to read mate but I will reply given time.

dadudemon
He's tweeting again, he's close to returning. I'm deeply happy for him.

Nice.

Where are you happy for him and how deeply? (Butthole things)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.