Kraken (Clash of the Titans) vs Kraken (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charles ASX
Which between the two versions of the two mythical sea monsters wins in a fight?

Josh_Alexander
The Son of Ares wins without a drop of doubt.

TheVaultDweller
Didn't the Kraken from Pirates get owned by a bunch of medieval British Navy vessels? I recall it mucking up the one. But it's later in very bad shape, IIRC, after it went up against an actual coordinated Naval war effort.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Didn't the Kraken from Pirates get owned by a bunch of medieval British Navy vessels? I recall it mucking up the one. But it's later in very bad shape, IIRC, after it went up against an actual coordinated Naval war effort.

It was never shown and its death happened off-screen; it was heavily implied that Beckett ordered Jones to kill it himself.

TheVaultDweller
Point was more about the type of enemy/weaponry capable of seriously damaging it. That being said, I haven't watched the CotT movie in ages, so can't remember the durability feats for that Kraken.

Charles ASX
according to what is said in the movie the only thing that could stop him was the look of the Medusa capable of turning any mortal being into stone.

Eon Blue

TheVaultDweller
Welp, then this thread is largely pointless IMO, as you have two sea monsters with very little feats and who died via plot device. So, it's basically down to who people like more.

KingD19
Well we know Titand Kraken was powerful enough to kill Gods and was very much larger than the Pirates kraken.

And Zeus or Hades alone could have solod PotC.

NemeBro
The Clash Kraken could pick up the Pirates Kraken and take a bite out of it like a phucking sandwich. It stomps.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
Well we know Titand Kraken was powerful enough to kill Gods and was very much larger than the Pirates kraken.

And Zeus or Hades alone could have solod PotC.

I had a look at the relative sizes. Not that big of a difference actually. Pirates Kraken has a listed body length of around 1400 feet or around 426 meters, scaling off the ships around it. The Kraken from Titans was more upright and stood around 415 meters, but with a bit longer body. However, I noticed a huge advantage for the Titans Kraken in that it actually has proper functional arms (on top of several tentacle arms) with big-ass claws attached. It could legit give the other Kraken an F-5 if it wanted to.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Charles ASX
according to what is said in the movie the only thing that could stop him was the look of the Medusa capable of turning any mortal being into stone.

That went for both versions of Clash of the Titan's Original and the remake.

NemeBro
The Pirates Kraken was only about that length per the concept art. In the actual film it is much smaller.

TheVaultDweller
Honestly, the size seems all over the place, based on what I have been looking at. When its body is lying on the beach, it looks WAY smaller than when it attacked the ship Jack and the others were on.

Anyway, as I said, now that I properly had a good look at both, it doesn't matter all that much. The Titans Kraken is simply much better built for fighting. Also, I saw in the ship sinking clip that regular axes, swords etc. could still wound the Pirates Kraken. Small wounds, granted, but still, if a random schmuck with a hand axe can make it bleed, several foot long pincers are going to ruin its shit. Also, if the implication that it was ordered to beach itself is true, you can kill the Pirates Kraken by simply depriving it of water for long enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.