"Getting too political" is a silly double standard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
Taking a knee is no less political than playing the national anthem. If you think the former is too political, than you should hold the same view of the latter.

eThneoLgrRnae
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm so sorry that leftist brainwashing has made you so retarded that you believe playing or standing up for the anthem is "being political" lol. It's called patriotism.

Taking a knee means you're a virtue-signalling attention whore who hates America.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm so sorry that leftist brainwashing has made you so retarded that you believe playing or standing up for the anthem is "being political" lol. It's called patriotism.

Taking a knee means you're a virtue-signalling attention whore who hates America.
You're talking to a guy who hates patriotism though. Nothing about what you're saying is going to be persuasive to him.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You're talking to a guy who hates patriotism though. Nothing about what you're saying is going to be persuasive to him. Are you really so much of a partisan retard that you're taking Star's side here? laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae
You're talking to a guy who hates patriotism though. Nothing about what you're saying is going to be persuasive to him.

Oh yeah... that's right. I forgot that patriotism is taboo to the modern-day left.

If u r patriotic then that obviously means you're a racist, after all. laughing out loud

Putinbot1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you really so much of a partisan retard that you're taking Star's side here? laughing out loud DMB is Starflys biggest fan tbh.

Emperordmb
Are you really so much of a partisan retard that you're taking Star's side here? laughing out loud
Just commenting on the obvious fact that he's not gonna get anywhere here because the person he's talking to has told me before that he thinks patriotism is retarded.

But really I agree because the national anthem and football used to not be a polarizing thing. The national anthem prior to the takeaknee thing was a unifying symbol for the country, and football (despite me not being a fan) was one of the places of American life not infested with back and forth political partisanship. The Kaepernick introduced political partisanship into the equation.

Though to be fair, Trump is also partly responsible for exacerbating it. If you looked at polling, before he weighed in on the issue, an overwhelming majority of Americans simultaneously held the position that Kaepernick's kneeling was not something they approved of but that they believed he should be allowed to kneel. After Trump weighed in on the issue, if you look at polling, quite a few left-wingers reflexively kneejerked and started believing Kaepernick kneeling for the anthem was a good thing whereas they merely believed he should be allowed to do it while personally disagreeing with the action. Likewise after Trump's comment quite a few right-wingers reflexively rallied behind Trump's position and took the stance that Kaepernick shouldn't be allowed to kneel whereas previously they disagreed with him kneeling on a moral level but still believed he should be allowed to kneel.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Taking a knee is no less political than playing the national anthem. If you think the former is too political, than you should hold the same view of the latter.

Only if you believe patriotism is restricted to the right.

But why would it be? Should not love of country be bipartisan?

ArtificialGlory

eThneoLgrRnae
Just commenting on the obvious fact that he's not gonna get anywhere here because the person he's talking to has told me before that he thinks patriotism is retarded.

But really I agree because the national anthem and football used to not be a polarizing thing. The national anthem prior to the takeaknee thing was a unifying symbol for the country, and football (despite me not being a fan) was one of the places of American life not infested with back and forth political partisanship. The Kaepernick introduced political partisanship into the equation.

Though to be fair, Trump is also partly responsible for exacerbating it. If you looked at polling, before he weighed in on the issue, an overwhelming majority of Americans simultaneously held the position that Kaepernick's kneeling was not something they approved of but that they believed he should be allowed to kneel. After Trump weighed in on the issue, if you look at polling, quite a few left-wingers reflexively kneejerked and started believing Kaepernick kneeling for the anthem was a good thing whereas they merely believed he should be allowed to do it while personally disagreeing with the action. Likewise after Trump's comment quite a few right-wingers reflexively rallied behind Trump's position and took the stance that Kaepernick shouldn't be allowed to kneel whereas previously they disagreed with him kneeling on a moral level but still believed he should be allowed to kneel.

I know of no right-wingers that say he or anyone else shouldn't have a right to kneel. However, that is a right which means the government only should not be able to interfere with. If the employer of any kneeler threatens the person with being fired (or does actually go thru with firing him) for kneeling then I'm fine with that. That is the employer's right. There is an appropriate time and place for protesting (it's really not protesting though; it's virtue-signalling, attention-seeking behavior, nothing more) and doing it on someone else's time is not the time to do it.

Robtard
There's nothing wrong with quietly kneeling during the national anthem; it's a personal choice. Trump and his retard Trumper army who had/have a problem with it are simply morons** being played but Trump when he so commands it.

There's also nothing wrong with playing or participating in with the national anthem.

**see the older thread here over it, we had a few morons who had a problem with people quietly kneeling

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, because it's sooooo "moronic" to be upset at people who shit all over the flag and the anthem merely because they wanna virtue-signal and get attention. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not a surprising reply coming from such an anti-USA p-o-s as yourself who is always bashing our founders though (who're all a hell of a lot smarter and wiser than you). It's par for the course for you... moron.

You probably think people who get upset over American flag-burning are "morons" as well I bet.

Putinbot1
Yeah, because it's sooooo "moronic" to be upset at people who shit all over the flag and the anthem merely because they wanna virtue-signal and get attention. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not a surprising reply coming from such an anti-USA p-o-s as yourself who is always bashing our founders though (who're all a hell of a lot smarter and wiser than you). It's par for the course for you... moron.

You probably think people who get upset over American flag-burning are "morons" as well I bet. silly faceless troll.

Robtard
Yeah, because it's sooooo "moronic" to be upset at people who shit all over the flag and the anthem.

^Even though this is just a character Starfly is playing, that is actually correct as well. What do I care if someone pisses or shits** on a flag they purchased themselves? It's their property; so shit on it all you like, just do so legally.

**Though it should be noted that Kaepernick didn't "shit all over the flag and the anthem", he merely kneeled quietly, not bothering anyone else. If Trump hadn't made Trumper morons froth at the mouth over it, it would have died out rather quickly.

eThneoLgrRnae
@pooty: Your opinion on the matter means shit to me, dude, considering how much you're always talking shit about America as well and even seem to hate your own country since you want it to be controlled by globalist scum.

Putinbot1
@pooty: Your opinion on the matter means shit to me, dude, considering how much you're always talking shit about America as well and even seem to hate your own country. silly faceless little troll.
smile

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
^Even though this is just a character Starfly is playing, that is actually correct as well. What do I care if someone pisses or shits** on a flag they purchased themselves? It's their property; so shit on it all you like, just do so legally.

**Though it should be noted that Kaepernick didn't "shit all over the flag and the anthem", he merely kneeled quietly, not bothering anyone else. If Trump hadn't made Trumper morons froth at the mouth over it, it would have died out rather quickly. thumb up he is a silly faceless troll account, too ott to affect anyone except make them laugh.

eThneoLgrRnae
You want your country controlled by globalists instead of making its own destiny so yeah, you seem to hate your own country.

Robtard
@PBot1

TBH, he does get a few other Trumpers to play his moronic wingmen. So maybe that's his real game.

Putinbot1
@PBot1

TBH, he does get a few other Trumpers to play his moronic wingmen. So maybe that's his real game. was shocked by DMB and also entertained laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
Pooty and wittle robbie sucking each other off, as usual. laughing out loud

Putinbot1
Pooty and wittle robbie sucking each other off, as usual. laughing out loud shush little one, back in your box.

eThneoLgrRnae
His man juice taste good, pooty? laughing out loud

cdtm
See, the problem isn't getting political. Captain America punching out Adolf Hitler in the funny pages was political.

The trouble is, everything these days is nothing but. Mud slinging and virtue signaling is out of hand, all across the media spectrum. Marketers don't seem to know how to push something, unless they're pushing somebodies buttons.

That's why I prefer manga to a lot of western offerings, because I can sit back and enjoy the story of a kid made of rubber traveling the world to become the pirate king, without seeing some reminder of the ever persistent "You should he mad" be.

Robtard
"Captain America punching out Adolf Hitler in the funny pages..."

If that happened today, Trumpers would throw a hissy fit.

eThneoLgrRnae
First of all, CA is a fictional character. Secondly, if he were real, he would not be on your side robbie I promise you because it is your side that is acting like actual nazis. Finally, it is you idiots on the left that seem to be obsessed with that genocidal maniac Hitler, not us conservatives.

Surtur

The national anthem wasn't meant to piss people off and taking a knee eventually just became a way to piss people off. Faulty comparison, try again.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
The national anthem wasn't meant to piss people off and taking a knee eventually just became a way to piss people off. Faulty comparison, try again.

thumb up

Surtur
First of all, CA is a fictional character. Secondly, if he were real, he would not be on your side robbie I promise you because it is your side that is acting like actual nazis. Finally, it is you idiots on the left that seem to be obsessed with that genocidal maniac Hitler, not us conservatives.

Just ignore Rob he's trolling when he brings up Captain America. He knows Cap would slap the shit out of any Antifa dweeb.

eThneoLgrRnae
Just ignore Rob he's trolling when he brings up Captain America. He knows Cap would slap the shit out of any Antifa dweeb.

Yeah, I realized he was just trolling.

Surtur

See that is the thing, notice how the number of players taking a knee rose DRAMATICALLY after Trump got involved? This shows they gave two shits about black on black crime or whatever. They just wanted to piss Trump off. Should Trump have weighed in? Nah, but he exposed the true colors of a lot of people by doing so. This was never really about police brutality, etc. It was some edgelord type shit.

And if Colin Kaepernick cared so much about injustice and abuse he wouldn't have signed with Nike. Unless he just cares *only* about black lives. Kids in sweatshops? Meh, he gots ta get paid. He was poor before Nike came to him.

And of course in the off season all these kneeling players used the publicity they gained to help promote the issue they were kneeling over.

Lol, just kidding.

jaden_2.0
eThneoLgrRnae is actually my sock account.

Eon Blue

Surtur

eThneoLgrRnae
@Eon: your idiotic insistance that I'm Fly, or Star, or even both somehow (LOL) aside, yeah, I'm a very patriotic person who served his country honorably in the military. When anti-USA pieces of shit disrespect our flag and anthem then yes, it upsets me.

I don't expect you to understand considering you have literally zero pride in your own country.

NemeBro
What do you think they should have done with it?

Surtur
What do you think they should have done with it?

I don't know, maybe instead of just throwing cash at something they could participate in programs meant to help the police connect with those in the neighborhoods they patrol. I know these already exist, why not lend their celebrity to it?

How many of them have sat down and hat an actual conversation with a police officer? Especially one who works a tough neighborhood? Maybe start there.

Or just whine on tv. Either or.

Wait, who am I kidding? I don't need to give you any solution, I just gotta shout "do something". That's good enough thumb up

Silent Master
I haven't heard anything about his anti-police burtality charity work lately. what has he been doing to help the cause he seemed to care so much about?

Surtur
Well Colin did donate 25k to an activist group honoring Assata Shakur, who was convicted of aiding and abetting in the murder of a state trooper, who now lives in Cuba cuz she fled there.

Yup, Tupac's aunt I think.

cdtm
My issue is they did nothing with it. They knelt, got all this press over it...cried about police brutality...and what? What did they do with it? Throw some cash at some charities? That's easy to do when you're wealthy.

Not to mention the corrupt nature of many charity organization's, the same as non profit's.

They're excellent ways to scam money.

Surtur
And then Colin turned around and took millions from Nike lol.

Police brutality=bad, sweatshops=good

snowdragon
And then Colin turned around and took millions from Nike lol.

Police brutality=bad, sweatshops=good

Poor ole Colin......just misunderstood...... laughing He knew his days were over in football so he had to sell his victimhood...boohoo no one likes me enough to pay me millions of dollars to be mediocre in sports as an adult stick out tongue

Surtur
It's not like he opted out of his own football contract and then whined like a b*tch that nobody would hire him.

Adam_PoE
I don't know, maybe instead of just throwing cash at something they could participate in programs meant to help the police connect with those in the neighborhoods they patrol. I know these already exist, why not lend their celebrity to it?

How many of them have sat down and hat an actual conversation with a police officer? Especially one who works a tough neighborhood? Maybe start there.

Wait, who am I kidding? I don't need to give you any solution, I just gotta shout "do something". That's good enough thumb up

How many police officers have sat down with members of the community the patrol? Especially officers policing communities in which they do not live. Maybe start there.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How many police officers have sat down with members of the community the patrol? Especially officers policing communities in which they do not live. Maybe start there.

How many whined about police brutality in front of millions?

Give me a rough estimate.

Silent Master

^
Deflection

Adam_PoE
How many whined about police brutality in front of millions?

Give me a rough estimate.

Not enough, apparently.

Originally posted by Silent Master
^
Deflection

Quite the opposite, actually.

Silent Master
Not enough, apparently.

Nope, it was a deflection.

Surtur
Not enough, apparently.

Neat, but we did have millionaire cry babies whining and drawing attention.

What did they do with that attention?

Adam_PoE
Nope, it was a deflection.

The suggestion that the issue of police brutality will be solved, not by officers sitting down with the communities they police, but by celebrities sitting down with officers is the deflection. I addressed the problem of police brutality directly. You are welcome.

Silent Master
No, the conversation was about whether or not Colin actually believed in the cause or was just using it for selfish reasons.

So yes, you deflected.

Surtur
Hell we can expand it beyond Colin to *anyone* else kneeling lol.

What did they do? Adam, you got any answers?

Robtard
Using their name to draw attention to a cause is an act in of itself. eg It's why if you ranted about human rights abuses in say the KSA, it wouldn't really matter at all, cos you're just a pleab, but if a Ben Shapiro did, it likely would raise some level on awareness and possibly have an impact in started a dialog.

Why this had to be said...

Surtur
Nice deflection.

Robtard
That was a direct on topic reply... so if you can't understood celebrity sway and drawing attention to causes with the weight of said status, that's on you my peon friend. But it exists; this won't be debated.

Surtur
That was a direct on topic reply... so if you can't understood celebrity sway and drawing attention to causes with the weight of said status, that's on you my peon friend. But it exists; this won't be debated.

^Wow.

Silent Master
If Colin cared that much about the issue, what has he been doing recently to push the issue forward?

snowdragon
If Colin cared that much about the issue, what has he been doing recently to push the issue forward?

Well duh, he's supporting the cause now by buying the nikes that represent him wink

Surtur
I respect him cuz he insisted Nike clean up their act before signing. It was a condition he imposed on them.

Lol oh no wait the opposite occurred. And yes his Nike commercial talked about "sacrificing everything". You can't make this up.

Robtard
According to google, Kaepernick has donated over a million to charities and to raise awareness and continues to do so.

Good for you, Colin. Putting your money where your mouth is unlike Trump, who promised to donate 1million to a charity of E. Warren's choice if she took a DNA test. She did; then Trump backed out by claiming he never said he would, like a true coward.

Surtur
So he just threw money at the problem and did nothing else?

Robtard
^"Moving the goalposts is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt."

For those who are more visually minded:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/83116dac5575fef19f9a39e17984e7bd/tenor.gif

Surtur
I can't see how it's moving the goalposts when I initially pointed out they threw money to charities but did shit else. But you do you.

Silent Master
How much of that million went to charities that specifically dealt with police brutality?

carthage
All pigs must die

panthergod
Originally posted by carthage
All pigs must die

Agreed, as do all sane actual humans..

Surtur
All pigs must die

Just gonna sit back and wait for lefties here to call you a bigot over this.

It's gonna happen.

carthage
When did libtards get mad over insulting animals???
They would stoop this ****ing low

Surtur
When did libtards get mad over insulting animals???
They would stoop this ****ing low

When? When they got mad over MS-13 being called animals. Duh.

Adam_PoE

If police departments care that much about the issue, what have they been doing recently to push the issue forward? Fixed that for you.

cdtm

I don't know.

How would that work? What would the goal of the conversation be? What if you're patrolling a community that is heavily populated by the likes of gangs, should they be in those meetings?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't know.

How would that work? What would the goal of the conversation be? What if you're patrolling a community that is heavily populated by the likes of gangs, should they be in those meetings?

Community policing involves officers building relationships with the community through interactions with local agencies and members of the public, creating partnerships and strategies for reducing crime and disorder.

cdtm
Community policing involves officers building relationships with the community through interactions with local agencies and members of the public, creating partnerships and strategies for reducing crime and disorder.

So like a neighborhood watch?

Weren't those at the center of stand your ground problems?

dadudemon

Which was proven to reduce crime, improve perceptions of law enforcement from the populace, and improve education (the children of the people seem to go to school more often...imagine that).

It is one of the tools in the bag of helping the black community.

Yes, black, because they are poor and uneducated, disproportionately and commit for too many crimes. For instance, Latinos are less educated and poorer than black people but commit less crime - it's not a poverty problem, it's a culture and poverty, education, and law enforcement trust problem.

If the leftists cared about minorities, they'd be strongly pushing for this type of policy to be pushed. And some do! big grin

Actually, Bernie has walked the walk as well as talked the talk. Probably the only Presidential candidate that is genuine. Yang is great policies but he's too much of a politician. That lady from Hawaii? She's good,too. All the rest...

dadudemon
So like a neighborhood watch?

Weren't those at the center of stand your ground problems?

No. Paying the police to be on duty,visit neighborhoods, check in on the people, and get to know them.

Also, escorting kids to school, ensuring kids have something to eat, etc.

Edit - Oh f*ck...these black kids just need dads to be successful in life. That makes me sad. That's not the polices' job.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
No. Paying the police to be on duty,visit neighborhoods, check in on the people, and get to know them.

Also, escorting kids to school, ensuring kids have something to eat, etc.

Edit - Oh f*ck...these black kids just need dads to be successful in life. That makes me sad. That's not the polices' job.

How would that work in large metro's, where so many people live that it's impractical to become part of a community?

Imagine if a mailman for New Haven or Long Island was assigned such duties. As is, they're overworked and understaffed to the point, where they're delivering well past nightfall.

Adam_PoE
How would that work in large metro's, where so many people live that it's impractical to become part of a community?

Imagine if a mailman for New Haven or Long Island was assigned such duties. As is, they're overworked and understaffed to the point, where they're delivering well past nightfall.

It does not necessarily have to look exactly like that. The goal is to move from a reactive policing strategy to a problem-oriented model.

jaden_2.0
All pigs must die

Like this?

ccFs1CozQ5E

dadudemon

I posted on this already.

The police themselves outlined this stuff, not me. I definitely do not want to go look up my old post that had the source but they had a list of over 20 things they can do to improve many aspects of black people's lives in urban areas with police outreach programs.

And, more and more urban areas have Latinos suffering from the same cycles of poverty, ignorance, and violence. This would work for more than black people.

Search my post history and you'll find it. Or use google. This is not new stuff. We've known about the science of this for 20+ years, now. Glasgow greatly reduced their violence issues with similar ( but not as...happy rainbows and butterflies) programs. They went from the murder capital of the western world (greatly eclipsing any US cities) to decent. I wouldn't mouth off to any young Scotsmen at 2AM on an early Saturday morning, still...but it's generally a much safer place than before.

Rockydonovang
That's a deflection.

Aside form that, you realize the government's paid the nfl to do the anthem?

And whether i like patriotism or not isn't relevant here. Patriotism is a statement of support for an instuition that sets policies. It is, by definition, politcal. If you have an issue with protests in football due to being political, you shuld have the same issue with songs specifically that specifcially support political instiutions.

Rockydonovang
Only if you believe patriotism is restricted to the right.

Huh? What does right or left have to do with it. The united states is a politcal instiution. Hence songs it's deemed official are forms of political expression. Loving your country is no less partisan then standing up for systematically oppressed people.

The only differnece is the former is defending an instutition, while the latter is vested in the interest of the people the instiution was formed to serve.

Rockydonovang
According to google, Kaepernick has donated over a million to charities and to raise awareness and continues to do so.

Good for you, Colin. Putting your money where your mouth is unlike Trump, who promised to donate 1million to a charity of E. Warren's choice if she took a DNA test. She did; then Trump backed out by claiming he never said he would, like a true coward.
Surt takes another l. Some things never change.

Silent Master
How much of that million went to charities that specifically dealt with police brutality?

So, none of it did?

Surtur
Surt takes another l. Some things never change.

^This is what happens when your cheer lead instead of reading the thread. I took no L. My comments mentioned Colin, but were not directed just at him they were about all the kneeling players. My specific comments about Colin noted that he signed with Nike and noted a donation he made to an org that supports someone who was involved with the killing of a cop.

My comment about what they should do wasn't even about how they need to give to charities, I asked what they'd done besides throw cash at things(and was then told I was "moving the goalposts", by bringing that up again in response to a post noting Colin threw cash at things, despite having already made this point).

I never said "Colin didn't give to charities" or anything. If I had, then Rob going "well google shows this" surely would be an L. As it stands, his post contradicted nothing I said. Nor did it seem to contradict anything anyone said. The most others did is ask about his givings to charity.

Surtur
Oh and speaking of charities I will note donating money to a charity is not even really an example of these players using the attention they gained to do anything good. Not unless they made that money specifically because of their kneeling.

Now there is no doubt in my mind the guy got his Nike endorsement for his activism and not his athletic ability, so I wonder how much of that $14 million went to charities?

His million dollars worth of donations was spread out over time and apparently the last of the donations was in January of 2018, while the Nike partnership was announced in September of 2018.

jaden_2.0
He has Twitter. Why not just go look at it?

Silent Master
What does Twitter have to do with anything?

jaden_2.0
Well you're all wondering what Kaepernik has been doing. It's on his Twitter.

Silent Master
What, he's posting anti police memes?

jaden_2.0
He's funding a "Know Your Rights" campaign.

Took me about 30 seconds to find that out.

Silent Master
How does it tackle the police brutality problem?

jaden_2.0
Knowing your rights when being stopped by police....mmmm...I wonder.

Surtur
Are there a lot of blacks that die at the hands of cops because of a lack of knowledge of rights?

Also, if a police officer is one of those guys who will get brutal with you why would knowing your rights stop that? How does that go?

"I don't like the way you're talking to me, time to pistol whip you"

"Officer I know my rights, you cant do that"

"Oh? My mistake, carry on".

Shouldn't it be the brutal cops that need to brush up on the rights of others?

Silent Master
You think the police brutality that Colin was complaining about IE the shooting of unarmed black men can be solved by educating the black men on their rights?

Sounds to me like you're saying the problem isn't with the police, but with uneducated black men.

Surtur
That seems kinda racist. Jaden you're part of the problem now. *smh*

dadudemon
Are there a lot of blacks that die at the hands of cops because of a lack of knowledge of rights?

When doing an honest apples to apples comparison, black people are less likely to be killed by the police than white people. It's what we call "white privilege."

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

Surtur
I heard this one black guy was killed after he shouted "please shoot me you f*cking pig" because he wasn't aware he had the right to remain silent.

Awful. RIP.

cdtm
Huh? What does right or left have to do with it. The united states is a politcal instiution. Hence songs it's deemed official are forms of political expression. Loving your country is no less partisan then standing up for systematically oppressed people.

The only differnece is the former is defending an instutition, while the latter is vested in the interest of the people the instiution was formed to serve.

And how does taking a knee help those people?

If your answer is "By drawing attention to the issues", if that were true, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The only thing brought to attention, is who is offended by disrespecting the national anthem.

Emperordmb
Okay let's rephrase it from "getting too political" because technically even something as universal as opposing murder on a human rights basis is political.

Instead "getting too partisan." Sports and the National Anthem used to be a haven away from political partisanship, and was instead something unifying to Americans. The result of Colin Kaepernick's actions is the partisanization of a space in which Americans used to come together without being at each other's throats politically, and I don't think it's a good thing to drive our populace towards further contempt for their fellow Americans.

ares834
lmao

The dude took a knee during the National Anthem. That's it. The ones responsible for driving "our populace towards further contempt for their fellow Americans" were the ass hats who threw a fit over a whole lot of nothing.

cdtm
Originally posted by ares834
lmao

The dude took a knee during the National Anthem. That's it. The ones responsible for driving "our populace towards further contempt for their fellow Americans" were the ass hats who threw a fit over a whole lot of nothing.

It's their fault for being offended.

Remember this any time a liberal demands a "safe space".

ares834
Sure, "safe spaces" are often retarded as well.

BackFire

Emperordmb
I'm just going to point out that I also criticized Trump for throwing fuel on the fire earlier in this thread if anyone criticizing the supposed partisanship of my statements would care to check.

ares834
I don't care about you supposed partisanship. I'm merely pointing out that taking a knee during the National Anthem is completely innocuous and certainly should not be equated with "throwing fuel on the fire".

Silent Master
You're aware that thousands if not millions of people disagreed about it being innocuous. otherwise there wouldn't have been a scandal/issue in the first place.

ares834
Then those thousands are retards. Kaepernick's actions hurt no one; those thousands were the ones who made it out to be some big issue when he was, peacefully and even silently, presenting his message. I can see why some people may disagree with his actions and consider it disrespectful. But the sheer level of vitriol thrown his way was ridiculous and embarrassing.

Silent Master
You're aware that those you're calling retards feel the same way about the other side? Was it as ridiculous and embarrassing as the vitriol thrown at those that considered kneeling to be disrespectful?

eThneoLgrRnae
Then those thousands are retards. Kaepernick's actions hurt no one; those thousands were the ones who made it out to be some big issue when he was, peacefully and even silently, presenting his message. I can see why some people may disagree with his actions and consider it disrespectful. But the sheer level of vitriol thrown his way was ridiculous and embarrassing.

Nah, the "vitriol" he received is exactly what his ass deserved. What's truly embarassing is people who think he should have a right to "protest" by kneeling but at the same time think patriotic people like myself have no right to bash him for it. No, he didn't actually hurt anyone but what he did do with his virtue-signalling attention-seeking behavior is disrespect the flag, the anthem, and even the country itself. If you're not a patriotic kind of person then of course you don't get it and probably never will.

In the end, yes, he has a right to kneel but people who get upset over it have every goddamn right to criticize him for it as well. If some people have an issue with that then well it's just too damn bad. thumb up

Putinbot1
Nah, the "vitriol" he received is exactly what his ass deserved. What's truly embarassing is people who think he should have a right to "protest" by kneeling but at the same time think patriotic people like myself have no right to bash him for it. No, he didn't actually hurt anyone but what he did do with his virtue-signalling attention-seeking behavior is disrespect the flag, the anthem, and even the country itself. If you're not a patriotic kind of person then of course you don't get it and probably never will.

In the end, yes, he has a right to kneel but people who get upset over it have every goddamn right to criticize him for it as well. If some people have an issue with that then well it's just too damn bad. thumb up dur

Surtur

Uh, hate to break it to you but Colin did more than just kneel. Remember the pig socks? It's almost like dude was trying to piss people off.

Silent Master
Uh, hate to break it to you but Colin did more than just kneel. Remember the pig socks? It's almost like dude was trying to piss people off.

He was

I thought that was obvious.

cdtm
Let's also keep in mind he was protesting on someone else's dime. If you want to protest on your own time, that's one thing, but he was being well paid and abusing the TV his bosses paid for to make his statement.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Putinbot1
dur

Quite an argument you have there. Guess you don't have anything of actual subtance to add, as usual. Just typical trolling from you.

dadudemon
You're aware that thousands if not millions of people disagreed about it being innocuous. otherwise there wouldn't have been a scandal/issue in the first place.

Those people have an overly sense of self-grandiosity and should:

1. STFU
2. Calm down
3. Realize taking a knee is far less important than something like the thousands of innocent murdered in drone strikes each year by our military.

"Oh my gosh! My ancestors who fought and died for this country are so offended that this player took a knee during the national anthem!"

Sure, okay, buddy. Whine away.

We need less hurt feelings and more STFU.

Surtur

1. STFU
2. Calm down
3. Realize taking a knee is far less important than something like the thousands of innocent murdered in drone strikes each year by our military.

"Oh my gosh! My ancestors who fought and died for this country are so offended that this player took a knee during the national anthem!"

Some drones did a thing. Move on.

dadudemon
Some drones did a thing. Move on.

Agreed.

We should introduce drone control and require drone background checks.

Surtur
Didn't Obama do this thing where he reclassified those civilians killed by drones as military combatants, or some shit?

I know he did something to manipulate the number of civilian casualties. Awful.

Robtard

1. STFU
2. Calm down

We need less hurt feelings and more STFU. Should bump the Kaepernick kneeling hurt my feelings thread. Be funny

Surtur
So what about the hurt feelings over the national anthem? That's pure snowflake behavior.

eThneoLgrRnae

1. STFU
2. Calm down

Very similar to people who get upset over gun violence which make up a very small percentage of overall deaths in the USA while at the same time turning a blind eye to the almost a thousand unborn children murdered in their mothers' wombs in this country every single damn day.

The way you feel about people like me getting upset over people disrespecting the flag and anthem is the exact same way I and other pro-lifers feel towards people like you who think mass infantacide is no big deal while at the same time b*tching for something to be done about gun violence and pretending to care about the children.

Surtur
I'm still wondering why, if Colin is such an innocent guy just protesting police brutality, he wore the pig socks?

You see saying "police brutality is wrong" just targets the bad cops. The pig socks go after them all. It's like calling all Chinese people chinks in order to protest what Xi Jinping is doing.

Robtard
So what about the hurt feelings over the national anthem? That's pure snowflake behavior.

Considering your previous views of Colin Kaepernick and his silent kneeling during the anthem, that's just funny for you to say

Surtur
My view is he was kneeling to start shit and this is proven by his pig socks. That is some shit you do if you wanna spark a controversy, not raise awareness to an issue you're passionate about.

Silent Master

1. STFU
2. Calm down

Agreed, that mostly goes for both the pro and anti sides of the "controversy".

eThneoLgrRnae
My view is he was kneeling to start shit and this is proven by his pig socks. That is some shit you do if you wanna spark a controversy, not raise awareness to an issue you're passionate about.

Yes, as I said in previous posts, it was nothing more than virtue-signalling attention-seeking behavior.

Raptor22

Surtur

Silent Master
"Clarifying intentions" IOW, the kitchen got too hot so he made an excuse in the hopes he'd be allowed to leave.

dadudemon
Very similar to people who get upset over gun violence which make up a very small percentage of overall deaths in the USA while at the same time turning a blind eye to the almost a thousand unborn children murdered in their mothers' wombs in this country every single damn day.

The way you feel about people like me getting upset over people disrespecting the flag and anthem is the exact same way I and other pro-lifers feel towards people like you who think mass infantacide is no big deal while at the same time b*tching for something to be done about gun violence and pretending to care about the children.

Ad hominem much?

Go ahead, quote a single post of my where I think abortion is okay. I'll wait.

dadudemon
Agreed, that mostly goes for both the pro and anti sides of the "controversy".

Yup. Dis dude gets it. thumb up

Surtur
"Clarifying intentions" IOW, the kitchen got too hot so he made an excuse in the hopes he'd be allowed to leave.

Hey to be fair they give the same leniency to Trump when he clarifies comments after the fact...

Robtard

Now you're flipping out cos of a pair of socks?

Robtard legit laughed.

Surtur
Not flipping out, just pointing out it wasn't some innocent protest. Do better with your next response thumb up

Robtard
Peacefully kneeling in quiet is just that though.

Still laughing that you're going on about a man's socks still. Snowflake behavior at its best.

Raptor22
"Clarifying intentions" IOW, the kitchen got too hot so he made an excuse in the hopes he'd be allowed to leave. if that were the case id assume he would have stopped kneeling which brought far more heat on him than the socks.

Surtur
Peacefully kneeling in quiet is just that though.

Still laughing that you're going on about a man's socks still. Snowflake behavior at its best.

Yep, the left never went on about clothes.

Plus, I don't really care, do you?

Raptor22
Hey to be fair they give the same leniency to Trump when he clarifies comments after the fact... except kaepernick didnt make comments that he was clarifying. Nor did his socks have a slogan or anything saying all cops are pigs that would need to be clarified or explained away. He wore the socks and when people misrepresented his intentions he corrected them.

After the fact. When should he have explained them?

Would it really have made sense to u if he made a press release the day before announcing his plans to wear pig socks and preemptively explain his rational?

Surtur
He clarified an action he took.

And I gotta ask: you gullible enough to buy into the excuse, yay or nay?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Raptor22
if that were the case id assume he would have stopped kneeling which brought far more heat on him than the socks.

That's probably why he made the excuse, calling cops pigs(which was his point) would have chipped away at his support. thus his "not all" excuse after being called out.

Raptor22
He clarified an action he took.

And I gotta ask: you gullible enough to buy into the excuse, yay or nay? until i see a legitimate reason to doub him in this scenerio ill lean towards believing him.

Whats more believable to u?

1. That he believes there are alot of good cops out there but there are bad ones too and the bad ones cast doubt on the good ones, some people misrepresented his intentions and he clarified.

Or

2. He thinks every single cop is evil, his socks were meant to represent that but he lied and said they werent because of the minimal amount of heat he got for it even tho he continued the kneeling which brought far mor heat, cost him his career and made him the enemy of the people for half the country.

Silent Master
That's your right, just like it's other people's right to say. Until they see a legitimate reason to believe him, they'll take his "clarification" as an excuse.

Nibedicus

Raptor22
That's probably why he made the excuse, calling cops pigs(which was his point) would have chipped away at his support. thus his "not all" excuse after being called out. support from who and for what?

Silent Master
For his protesting.

Raptor22

Raptor22
For his protesting. whose support would he have had for his protest that he would have lost due to the sox?

Silent Master
Surely you don't think that everyone who supported his kneeling also hated the police.

Raptor22
Surely you don't think that everyone who supported his kneeling also hated the police. not at all.

Both his kneeling and his sox were protests against the police. There was much, much, much bigger backlash against the kneeling from the police, police supporters, and the general community than for the sox. Yet he continued to kneel.

Ur the one saying he made his "excuse" to not lose support. So whose support would he have lost.

Because it seems like anyone who would be against someone for calling cops pigs was or would soon be against him for the kneeling.

cdtm
Originally posted by Raptor22
until i see a legitimate reason to doub him in this scenerio ill lean towards believing him.

Whats more believable to u?

1. That he believes there are alot of good cops out there but there are bad ones too and the bad ones cast doubt on the good ones, some people misrepresented his intentions and he clarified.

Or

2. He thinks every single cop is evil, his socks were meant to represent that but he lied and said they werent because of the minimal amount of heat he got for it even tho he continued the kneeling which brought far mor heat, cost him his career and made him the enemy of the people for half the country.

3. He's an attention whore.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>