Gotham Knights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
https://i.redd.it/o19xt8c8fdo31.jpg

That's looking like Court of Owls. We are long overdue for another Arkham title. Hopefully they don't overdo the Batmobile again. I'm also hoping the boss battles are improved. This is by the same crew who did Origins (which was IMO the second best Arkham game). It had the second best story and the best boss fights in the series.

Ridley_Prime
Here we go again... It's basically what that rumored Arkham Insurgency game was said to be, but I'll believe it when I see it in action.

And agree. Origins was criminally underrated.

Smasandian
Origins was OK but forgetful.....I wonder what Rocksteady is making then.....

BruceSkywalker
im happy.. i enjoyed arkham knight a whole lot.. this i'm looking forward to so much

Khazra Reborn
I didn't like Arkham Knight. The Batmobile stuff was horrible, and the story was worse. I'm kind of glad the series is in Origins teams' hands now, tbh.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1
https://i.redd.it/o19xt8c8fdo31.jpg

That's looking like Court of Owls.

The last picture that it morphs into it isn't, It's a Dragon's head.

Adam Grimes
What I liked about Arkham Origins was that it was the most comic-booky of the tetralogy. Hopefully if this ends up being an Arkham game, they keep it in the same line.

-Pr-
They hinted again today, and there's a Sony conference soon. Fingers crossed.

Ridley_Prime
https://www.joe.ie/gaming/kevin-conroy-batman-court-owls-683873

Well if Kevin Conroy says he's not voicing Batman in this game, it at least confirms the long rumored game's existence. In which case, I assume it'll be Roger Craig Smith who VA'd him in Origins, which for a younger Batman voice, I liked.

Arachnid1
There are a lot of rumors this will be announced at TGA today.

Impediment
Jason O'Mara is an okay Batman voice actor from the animated films.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Arachnid1
There are a lot of rumors this will be announced at TGA today.
This aged well, as expected.

There was that other Telltale Batman briefly shown though, but not an Arkham game.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
This aged well, as expected.

There was that other Telltale Batman briefly shown though, but not an Arkham game. Honestly, why are the devs even teasing the game so close to TGAs?

Arachnid1
https://www.ign.com/articles/wb-games-montreal-announcement-tomorrow-august-18-gotham-knights-court-of-owls

More teasing. This game also has its own slot at DC FanDome, so we should get a trailer soon.

Ridley_Prime
That feel when looking forward to this more than the Suicide Squad/RockSteady game.

Arachnid1
At this point, I'm more excited for all the teasing and leaks around this game to end. We've known it was Court of Owls for years, and still Montreal has drawn out their teasing to the point were this website code bullchit is just a teaser for the teaser for the trailer we'll get at DC FanDome (all after the teaser we got a year ago on their twitter).

I'm so done with all this. At least Rocksteady released a picture and announced Suicide Squad right before the trailer at FanDome.

-Pr-
If Fandome doesn't end with at least a trailer, what interest I have left is going to be seriously hampered.

BackFire

Smasandian
I'm excited for both! Both can be great games.

Ridley_Prime
ZHnDLbiQ1NU

cTwDcf866u4

So this is supposed to be the new Arkham? Not what I expected, but still more interesting than the service-based Suicide Squad game. Honestly lukewarm on it though on first impression, tho can see myself maybe getting at some point, but would need to see more to know if it interests me enough.

It could be good. Long as the RPG elements aren't overbearing, it'll more or less be another Arkham, even if this is more co-op/multiplayer based than it is single player. IDK, but it feels more like a co-op oriented game to me.

But yeah, some are disappointed understandably that this isn't the next kind of Batman Arkham they were expecting (some even hating it already). Will need some time to know if it's worth getting for me, but will keep an eye on it... Oh, and showed the Court of Owls at the end of the trailer.

BruceSkywalker
game looks good

-Pr-
I like co-op.

I don't like shoehorned in RPG elements.

Also, I'll bet anything Bruce ain't dead, and instead was captured by the Owls.

Impediment

Arachnid1
As long as those damage numbers and RPG aspects don't impact stealth, I'm good. Stealth takedowns need to be one shot. None of this AC Odyssey "stealth takedowns only take a third of enemies health before you have to wack at a bullet sponge" nonsense. Otherwise, it looks great.

Also, this has nothing to do with Arkham apparently. It's its own thing.

Ridley_Prime

Arachnid1

BackFire

Ridley_Prime
Ah, I see.

Yeah, I guess now is actually a good a time as any to start moving on from the established Arkham universe, to allow more creative freedom for some DC/Batfamily games, which allowed one such as this to blossom.

Adam Grimes
Not interested.

Ridley_Prime
https://www.ign.com/articles/gotham-knights-ps4-xbox-one-last-gen-cancelled

Mortal Kombat X syndrome.

It's dumb too considering this is the team that gave us Arkham Origins on PS3/360 (which I stand by being a great underrated game) just around the time PS4/Xbone were coming out.

Why forsake last gen now? I'll be surprised too if scalpers don't get in the way of Gotham Knight's sales considering the target platforms.

To make matters worse, seems this'll be a 2 player co-op at best from what I read of today's news, not 4 player. Even though there's 4 characters to choose from.

Oh, and if the defense is to avoid having worse buggy versions that don't work as well on older consoles to meet a release deadline like Cyberpunk, to that I say I can expect bugs from Gotham Knights regardless of the platform, given the team's track record... Arkham Origins.

I honestly wasn't certain on getting Gotham Knights anyway, but the way they're cutting corners is kind of a red flag for me.

-Pr-
I actually don't mind that it's not coming out on PS4/Xbone. My issues with it are the frankly weird gameplay choices. Co-op alone, as attractive as that is, isn't enough to make me want the game as it stands atm.

Smasandian
The gameplay videos don't exactly show why the game cannot come out on the old consoles...it doesn't look crazy good graphics wise but it could just be the gameplay videos they have.

I don't mind coop if it provides a good singleplayer experience. Dying Light and its sequel are coop and I don't notice a single time where it showed....

Ridley_Prime
Fun fact, Gotham Knights was made off the engine of a cancelled Power Rangers game. A AAA Power Rangers game that would have co-op and stuff as you'd expect. WB just took what remained of the idea & assets and made it into their own for the Batfamily.

As interesting as Gotham Knights could be, I would've taken that Power Rangers game over it, which would've covered most of the different series. Plus we've had enough Batman related games, but I hope this still proves interesting enough to be worth getting someday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.