Davy Jones vs Barbossa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Both sides have their ships and crew, standard equipment. No kraken.

Fight takes place in the barren sea. Who wins?

KingD19
Is this Skeleton Barbossa crew? Because even as immortals Jones cree are not only better fighters, but are immortal and aren't just skeletons. So they can literally pick Hectors crew apart and toss away the pieces.

NotAllThatEvil
The flying dutchman is a more powerful ship than the queen anne's revenge. Not to mention that jones is functionally immortal and Barbosa is a worse fighter now that his leg is gone. Don't see how he can take this.

juggerman
Originally posted by KingD19
Is this Skeleton Barbossa crew? Because even as immortals Jones cree are not only better fighters, but are immortal and aren't just skeletons. So they can literally pick Hectors crew apart and toss away the pieces.

They are only easily dismantled in the moonlight if they are the cursed crew

NemeBro
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Both sides have their ships and crew, standard equipment. No kraken.

Fight takes place in the barren sea. Who wins? Crew vs. crew is arguable, but what isn't arguable is that Davy Jones is well above Barbossa as a combatant even if he was in his prime, albeit mostly due to considerably superior physicals as opposed to swashbuckling skill. I'd give it to Davy Jones.

Kazenji
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
The flying dutchman is a more powerful ship than the queen anne's revenge

Queen Anne's revenge was Blackbeard's ship. Hector had the Black Pearl.

Eon Blue
Just for clarification this is cursed Barbossa crew from the original Curse of The Black Pearl film.

juggerman
With that clarification, this actually becomes a fight; though Jones and his team have the advantage. I think Hector is the better duelist but that isn't enough to close the stat gap. Plus Jones can teleport and his crew can merge with the ship or some such nonsense. The Black Pearl can hold off the Dutchman for a while but eventually they go down

KingD19
Keep in mind that they comically showed the Pearl's skeleton crew can be dismembered and blown apart. So at the very least the Dutchmen guys can literally break them apart and chuck the pieces out to see. They'll put themselves back together eventually but the time it takes would count as a forum win.

juggerman
Only in the moonlight. In the daytime, overcast night or new moon, they would operate normally

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by Kazenji
Queen Anne's revenge was Blackbeard's ship. Hector had the Black Pearl.

Hector gets it in the fourth one and I believe it was his flagship in the fifth. I assumed we were using the most recent version of the character

NotAllThatEvil
Being cursed, I say Barbosa wins. Jones's immortality can be broken by finding his box, which I'm assuming he has to keep on his boat like the third movie, while Barbosa's men need the blood of a former crew mate, all of the gold pieces, and the box. Also, the pearl was shown to be much more maneuverable than the dutchman, so really all they have to do is to keep from being boarded and they win the ship fight.

juggerman
Even if Jones' heart is on his ship (I think it should be to give Barbossa's crew a shot) Jones' crew still has a massive advantage. They can merge with their ship, Jones can teleport and walk through solid objects, and if things get sticky they can submerge their ship to shake off the opponents. Jones has too many options imo

Eon Blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.