Bad Movies Ready for a Reboot. *nods to carthage*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Instead of Hollywood trying to remake Classical or Good Movie (which always turn out to be utter shit) why not try to remake Bad Movies with Good Premesis that they just failed to pull off.

I got two MOON Movies that could use this treatment.

270j3YK2YMU

2d8NlbkZzFk

carthage

steverules_2

roughrider
I'm a fan of Michael Mann, but one real bomb on his resume is his adaption of The Keep in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(film)

F. Paul Wilson's Adversary Cycle runs several books. It's a horror series just waiting to be adapted right, either movies or Netflix series style.

Flyattractor

BruceSkywalker

Flyattractor
Hellraiser Was Not a Bad Movie and Thus Does NOT Need to be Remade.

PERIOD!

Goyer wants to make a Sequel. All Fine and Dandy. He don't need to do his own FanFic and call it a remake.

Esau Cairn
Speaking of Clive Barker....

Nightbreed.

Kazenji
^ Never seen the myself, but Isn't that director's cut an improvement on it?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid B-grade movie.

Juz saying a reboot/remake with a bigger budget would have a lot of potential.

Kazenji
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Is my pick.

Trocity
Friday the 13th. Jason is arguably the most iconic horror character ever and deserves to have some great new modern films made with him.

I recently watched a few of the old Friday movies and boy are they shit.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Is my pick.

Good call.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Trocity
Friday the 13th. Jason is arguably the most iconic horror character ever and deserves to have some great new modern films made with him.

I recently watched a few of the old Friday movies and boy are they shit.

Aren't those movies suppose to be very low budget almost B-grade to begin with?

Dr Will Hatch
^ Yeah, all of the Ft13th movies kind of suck, tbh. I hate how they get compared to Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Hellraiser, etc. Just mindless gore with no story.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by roughrider
I'm a fan of Michael Mann, but one real bomb on his resume is his adaption of The Keep in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Keep_(film)

F. Paul Wilson's Adversary Cycle runs several books. It's a horror series just waiting to be adapted right, either movies or Netflix series style. The keep is an amazing film, even the Tangerine Dream soundtrack is great. It has great actors, who give great performances.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ Yeah, all of the Ft13th movies kind of suck, tbh.

I like some of them, Just don't think too much about them while watching them... go along for the ride.

jaden_2.0
Plenty new material for another Spaceballs. 😆

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Speaking of Clive Barker....

Nightbreed.

The Old Nightbreed wasn't Horrible but it was kind of Overambitious for the minuscule budget it got. That and it is the kind of movie that needs to be 3 hours long cause it was Way Complicated and needed a Lot of World Building.

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^ Yeah, all of the Ft13th movies kind of suck, tbh. I hate how they get compared to Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Hellraiser, etc. Just mindless gore with no story.

To be fair, Halloween and ANOES have their fair share of B-Class Stinkers too.

Trocity
Nightmare on elm street is pretty trash yeah. Halloween is better than either but elm and hellraiser are no better than Friday.

Insane Titan
Starship troopers

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Trocity
Nightmare on elm street is pretty trash yeah. Halloween is better than either but elm and hellraiser are no better than Friday.

Disagree. The first Elm Street is a stone cold classic and Dream Warriors/New Nightmare were really solid horror films. Some of the later ones were shitty, yeah, but even at their worst, they showed a lot more creativity and competent filmmaking than anything Ft13th ever did. Hellraiser is uneven, but it's got a way better premise than "retarded teenagers who never learn get killed by a zombie over and over again".

roughrider
Originally posted by Putinbot1
The keep is an amazing film, even the Tangerine Dream soundtrack is great. It has great actors, who give great performances.

I don't hate the film, but it just slowly unraveled after a cool opening third. It's original run time was 210 minutes; it got released at 96 minutes, so it got butchered in the editing room.

I'd just as soon see a version more faithful to the book - Molasar resembles Dracula more than the off rack Darkseid looking being in the movie - with up to date CGI that gets it right.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't hate the film, but it just slowly unraveled after a cool opening third. It's original run time was 210 minutes; it got released at 96 minutes, so it got butchered in the editing room.

I'd just as soon see a version more faithful to the book - Molasar resembles Dracula more than the off rack Darkseid looking being in the movie - with up to date CGI that gets it right. I don't disagree the book is better, I also read it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.