What was your opinion on Batfleck?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I think everyone can agree that he wasn't a great Daredevil but I remember people weren't happy when it was announced he was going to be Batman. Curious to see what people's opinion of him was after BvS and JL.

BruceSkywalker
well his only good scene was the wharehouse scene and that was it

Bentley
I want to see Ben Affleck as Thanos

SquallX

roughrider
He wasn't better than Christian Bale, but he's at least No. 2 for live action actors, I'd say. I never had a problem with his casting, and he certainly wasn't the reason the DCEU ran aground: Geoff Johns & company kept hiring the wrong people to direct, and they rushed things to get the Justice League movie out. That set them back years, and maybe they play second to Marvel Studios forever, now.

SquallX

jaden_2.0
I liked the way he was portrayed at the beginning of BvS. Almost like a horror movie in that house with the police.

BruceSkywalker
well it doesn't matter anyway co the dceu is truly dead

Kazenji
He was a good Batman, It's just that the movies that he was in weren't that great.

I hate how people seem to ignore Batman Begins, When they complain about his voice for the next two movies.

Dr Will Hatch
I'm partial to Christian Bale. He's the definitive live action Batman to me.

Flyattractor
How is this Relevant?

-Pr-
I think we got promising hints that Affleck could do the job, we just didn't see enough of him.

It's sad we won't see more of him, imo.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How is this Relevant?

Because he was the last one to play batman before Affleck. Kind of expected people to bring him up tbh.

SquallX

Putinbot1
I liked him as Daredevil and Batman.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
He was a good Batman, It's just that the movies that he was in weren't that great.
Basically.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I hate how people seem to ignore Batman Begins, When they complain about his voice for the next two movies.
In my case, I was unimpressed w. Bale since the first movie. The first overly long, dull, ignore every other aspect of Batman but his MA training and even manage to make THAT boring, dear lord what crappy costume movie.

steverules_2

Surtur
I chose "He was just okay, not bad or good". Though I did enjoy the fight sequence that seemed to mimic the gameplay from the Batman Arkham Asylum game.

steverules_2
That was the only part of BvS I actually liked

Darth Thor
Afflecks portrayal of Batman was good. Unfortunately Snyders portrayal of the character was not.

NotAllThatEvil
The DC movies with batfleck in them were the worst DC movies, but batman was always the best part of those movies. It's a shame we couldn't see him in just one good movie

Impediment

Surtur

riv6672

NemeBro
He was fat.

riv6672
^^^haha

Scottie
I thought he was good, he was really good in the film The Accountant which gave me hope and that warehouse fight in BvS was excellent. Ive still not got round to justice league yet and been put off watching if because of the reviews. I think alot of the breakdown between batfleck and wb is he wanted to direct the solo batman movie realy badly but he just doesnt have the skill to direct big action scences. Then when he got replace in the chair he lost any excitment he had for the role.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672

In my case, I was unimpressed w. Bale since the first movie. The first overly long, dull, ignore every other aspect of Batman but his MA training and even manage to make THAT boring, dear lord what crappy costume movie.

Each to their own there, I didn't find the movie boring at all.

riv6672

Lestov16
The problem with Batfleck is that while Ben Affleck portrayed him well, a lot of his characterization occurs off screen and is meant to be assumed (such as the graffiti-ed Robin suit), not to mention that he seems really useless compared to the other members of the Justice League.

Flyattractor
Batfleck is a Crap Action Hero Actor. He belongs in Softy Romance Comedy Bullshit that the Gays and the Whammins like to watch.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Batfleck is a Crap Action Hero Actor. He belongs in Softy Romance Comedy Bullshit that the Gays and the Whammins like to watch.

...but I thought you cucked for anything DC related? You surprised me, Fly.

Flyattractor
Nope. You are confusing me for one of your other personalities again.

Kazenji
good to see that you're acknowledging the first movie at least, I see it alot on social media like FB. Whenever something to do with Bale's Batman get's brought up and they're only going off The Dark Knight & Dark Knight Rises.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah his Batman voice got worse throughout the trilogy.

Batman Begins was the best of the trilogy anyway IMO and one of the finest comic book movies ever made.

riv6672
^^^i can see how that would get annoying after a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.