Black Manta runs the MCU gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Run 1: Melee only
Run 2: Manta can use his jet pack, optic blasts, rifle

Warmup: MCU Luke Cage

1. Black Panther (Kinetic suit)
2. Lady Sif
3. Spiderman (Far from Home)
4. Valkyrie
5. War Machine
6. Worthy Cap

Boss: Ragnarok Thor

Where does he stop for both rounds

FrothByte
For melee only, he might not get past Luke Cage. He'll thrash Cage about a bit, but in the end I believe his suit will slowly get damaged while Cage will just keep getting back up. If he gets past Cage then he definitely loses to BP in melee.

With full weaponry then he gets to BP... might get past BP... really depends on how good that kinetic suit is against his weaponry.

I don't see him getting past Sif though. Same issue, his suit is the only thing that gives him enhanced abilities. If it slowly starts getting destroyed then he's toast, whereas Sif's strength and toughness are innate.

NotAllThatEvil
I feel as if this list isn't really ordered fairly. Manta would have a much easier time against spiderman and war machine than black panther.

KingD19
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I feel as if this list isn't really ordered fairly. Manta would have a much easier time against spiderman and war machine than black panther.

What?

In melee only, War Machine is far stronger than Manta and way more durable. While Spidey is even stronger and more durable than that, on top of being insanely faster and having the Peter Tingle which means Manta won't be able to lay a finger on him.

With weapons it'll help, but he'll still be massively outclassed by those 2 as they are tailor made in different ways to take him down.

NotAllThatEvil
War machine, unlike ironman, hasn't really gotten an upgrade since iron man three. And that was done my the U.S. military, not Tony. Even so, neither iron man nor war machine have any feats that that put their strength and durability on par with aquaman, who black manta was able to go toe to toe with. Even with Peter's tingle, he has shown that with q certain amount of kill and tactics, even someone with only captain America levels of strength can take him.

John Murdoch
Black Manta has some great durability feats even in the sub (both getting thrown around by Arthur and taking the base of a torpedo housing to the face) pre-armor, and once he gets his armor he takes some serious punishment (taking a beating from Aquaman and tumbling down that cliff with the ball and chain around his neck all over and onto jagged rocks). Couple that with an island-busting blast and some mobility from his power armor and you've got quite the threat from his Italy performance against Arthur.

Unfortunately, he is starting out against a guy who palms grenades and beats down individuals who can punch down vault doors. Luke dominates him in melee.

Luke could do the same in Round 2. However, Manta was giving Arthur some serious grief, who is more of a threat than Cage. If not, Panther took the war rhino horn knocking him a football field across the Wakandan plains into a rock face with just a few moments to regain composure before he went and fought Killmonger, so I'd say he either gets hit with the blast and recovers or dodges it and rips ol Manta up. If 203 grenade round BP shows up (PIS), then Manta stops at Sif or for sure Peter.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Black Manta has some great durability feats even in the sub (both getting thrown around by Arthur and taking the base of a torpedo housing to the face) pre-armor, and once he gets his armor he takes some serious punishment (taking a beating from Aquaman and tumbling down that cliff with the ball and chain around his neck all over and onto jagged rocks). Couple that with an island-busting blast and some mobility from his power armor and you've got quite the threat from his Italy performance against Arthur.

Unfortunately, he is starting out against a guy who palms grenades and beats down individuals who can punch down vault doors. Luke dominates him in melee.

Luke could do the same in Round 2. However, Manta was giving Arthur some serious grief, who is more of a threat than Cage. If not, Panther took the war rhino horn knocking him a football field across the Wakandan plains into a rock face with just a few moments to regain composure before he went and fought Killmonger, so I'd say he either gets hit with the blast and recovers or dodges it and rips ol Manta up. If 203 grenade round BP shows up (PIS), then Manta stops at Sif or for sure Peter.

Not getting pass BP, that's for sure.

h1a8
Originally posted by carthage
Run 1: Melee only
Run 2: Manta can use his jet pack, optic blasts, rifle

Warmup: MCU Luke Cage

1. Black Panther (Kinetic suit)
2. Lady Sif
3. Spiderman (Far from Home)
4. Valkyrie
5. War Machine
6. Worthy Cap

Boss: Ragnarok Thor

Where does he stop for both rounds

List is out of order. For example, BP suit provides to much protection.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
For melee only, he might not get past Luke Cage. Lol

Black Manta gets to Worthy Cap in round 1 assuming everyone else is bound by the same melee restriction, stops at War Machine in round 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.