Shaolin Monks vs MMA fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Who do you reckon will win ?
They say Shaolin monks have great feats ie breaking metal etc able to take a lot of pain ie hitting their heads with hard objects etc.
But reckon they(Shaolin monks) can get out of a grapple, grab take down or tackle from a wrestler/MMA fighter or person twice their size ?

SamZED
MMA fighters no contest.

ozz81
Originally posted by SamZED
MMA fighters no contest.

true disadvantage the Shaolin monks have is they cant grapple and wrestle , they have no form of defence or attack against it... They will have to pretty much keep distance etc..

Putinbot1
True disadvantage is sticking a spear in your neck doesn't help check leg kicks, knees, elbows or a good old fashioned punch in the face.

ozz81
Originally posted by Putinbot1
True disadvantage is sticking a spear in your neck doesn't help check leg kicks, knees, elbows or a good old fashioned punch in the face.

I mean H2H not using weopons !

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ozz81
I mean H2H not using weopons ! leaning on a spear stuck in your neck isn't really using weapons. It's vaudeville.

ozz81

Putinbot1

Bashar Teg
Shaolin monk..depending on the monk of course. Many of them are more about meditation than h2h

ozz81

Surtur
A monk from D&D would win.

ozz81

ozz81
Originally posted by Surtur
A monk from D&D would win.

LOL i mean in real life not from dungeons and dragons

Surtur
sad

Putinbot1
A shaolin monks chi blasts should do it!

Surtur
Plus their hits count as enchanted weapons.

Robtard
They say Shaolin monks have great feats ie breaking metal etc able to take a lot of pain ie hitting their heads with hard objects etc.
But reckon they(Shaolin monks) can get out of a grapple, grab take down or tackle from a wrestler/MMA fighter or person twice their size ?

Even using proper weight divisions, so a 125lbs Shaolin monk isn't going up against a 220lbs MMA heavy weight, I'd say your top ranked MMA fighter could beat your best Shaolin practitioner across every weight division.

CaveDude33211

In a Octagon or in a no-holds-barred street fight?

Shaolin Monk either way - if it's a street fight, then then Shaolin Monk kills the MMA fighter in a matter of seconds.

CaveDude33211
true disadvantage the Shaolin monks have is they cant grapple and wrestle , they have no form of defence or attack against it... They will have to pretty much keep distance etc..

Brazilian Jujitsu is derived Jujitsu, which is derived from Shaolin Kung Fu.

Shaolin Monks have many technique defenses against grappling and could even kill the MMA fighter easily in the process.

They invented the precursors to these artforms.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Shaolin monk..depending on the monk of course. Many of them are more about meditation than h2h

All Shaolin Monks are about H2H - that's the point of Shaolin Kung Fu.

Most other (Non-Shaolin) Buddhist Monks are about meditation and not H2H.

But yes, a fully-trained Shaolin Monk would destroy any MMA fighter.

CaveDude33211

CaveDude33211

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Even using proper weight divisions, so a 125lbs Shaolin monk isn't going up against a 220lbs MMA heavy weight, I'd say your top ranked MMA fighter could beat your best Shaolin practitioner across every weight division. thumb up

ozz81
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Brazilian Jujitsu is derived Jujitsu, which is derived from Shaolin Kung Fu.

Shaolin Monks have many technique defenses against grappling and could even kill the MMA fighter easily in the process.

They invented the precursors to these artforms.

Did it really ? Please Show me references where is states this please?

ozz81
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
The "vids" you've seen of them aren't real Shaolin Monks - the Shaolin Order was destroyed during Mao's take-over in China in the 1960s and Shaolin Monks were imprisoned or killed and many fled the country.

(Think of the Jedi Purge and Order 66)

Mao re-opened the Shaolin Temples and filled them with spies posing as Shaolin, when they aren't and most don't practice Shaolin Kung Fu, either.

The acrobats and other showmen you see in vids are government propagandists.

Shaolin Kung Fu is a broad system of combat that contains thousands of techniques, including pressure-point attacks.

Bruce Lee never criticized Shaolin Kung Fu.

Bruce Lee criticized Competitive-Karate fighters for utilizing techniques that were inefficient in combat - what he referred to as "Dry land swimming".

Competitive-Karate back then was similar to MMA now, and if Bruce Lee was still alive, he would be criticizing MMA for being impractical and inefficient.

"He did after and when he fought Wong Jack Man who did shaolin kungfu he was also a shaolin monkhence bruce lee even defeated him tbh..

Shaolin Monks invented all the techniques you see in MMA.
***** I respect all you say but Can you please give me references for this please, i fail to see it to be honest.. Their methods/style have no wrestling , jui jitsu and grappling... "

Jeet Kune Do (which is mostly Wing Chun) is another variant of Shaolin Kung Fu - so saying Shaolin Kung Fu isn't as versatile as Jeet Kune Do is like saying that a Tiger isn't as ferocious as a Tiger.

Shaolin Kung Fu overall is as versatile as Jeet Kune Do since they are the same thing - and Shaolin Kung Fu is far more versatile than MMA.

****"Ok in your opinion which is more better Jeet kune Do or Shoalin kung fu ?

A Shaolin Monk could easily knock out a MMA fighter while the MMA fighter is attempting to take him down.Shaolin Kung Fu uses pressure-points that can be quickly and simply applied to paralyze a grappler.

****"MMA fighters tbh also know about pressure points as well, their was a shaolin monk that fought a MMA fighter and lost so bad it was embarrassing"
MMA itself is a smaller martial art that is usually a combination of Brazilian Jujitsu, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Judo, Muay Thai and Western Boxing.

MMA contains less techniques overall and is less effective than Shaolin Kung Fu.
MMA fighters don't even know how to block punches and typically get knocked out from simple attacks because of it.
Shaolin Kung Fu created the grappling techniques you see in MMA.
So Shaolin Kung Fu is far, far more versatile than MMA is.

***I fail to see this can you please give/show some references again theres no grappling , wrestling, jiu jitsu in shaolin kungfu at all. MMA fighters know how to block, again a shaolin monk also got bested when he fought against a MMA fighter

ozz81
(CaveDude33211) You Stated : ""Bruce Lee never criticized Shaolin Kung Fu.
Bruce Lee criticized Competitive-Karate fighters for utilizing techniques that were inefficient in combat - what he referred to as "Dry land swimming".

****To be honest He did when he fought and defeated Wong Jack Man who was a shaolin monk and did shaolin kungfu in depth. Bruce criticized his fighting style saying it wasnt effective etc it was in a book and he openly stated this to the public, He defeated Wong with ease .. ***/

Putinbot1
MMA isn't a martial arts system. It's a combat sport that as long as the shared rules of a particular agreed fight are followed can include whatever you want. The UFC no longer allow headbutts or downward elbows. For years the now defunct Pride FC allowed soccer kicks to grounded opponents negating a need to go to ground etc.

Robtard
CaveDude the sock is saying a lot of nonsense. Bruce Lee (who would also get his ass kicked by any top ranked MMA fighter today even with Bruce in his prime) did criticize all traditional Chinese martial arts that relied on strict forms. Bruce felt that one should use whatever was best for a given fight/situation.

Scribble
I'm so ****ed that I'm too drunk to serve

Surtur
Originally posted by Scribble
I'm so ****ed that I'm too drunk to serve

wut

CaveDude33211
Did it really ? Please Show me references where is states this please?
You didn't know that Kung Fu is the grandfather of Martial Arts?

Every Japanese and Okinawan Martial Art, including Jujitsu, is derived from Kung Fu.

***** I respect all you say but Can you please give me references for this please, i fail to see it to be honest.. Their methods/style have no wrestling , jui jitsu and grappling... "

Shaolin Kung Fu contains joint-locking techniques (similar to those used in Aikido)

Ground-fighting was not commonly practiced in China, because Martial Artists knew that grappling on the floor with your opponent, where they had complete access to your body, was ineffective and dangerous.

The old saying in China was, "If the fight goes to the ground - you're already dead."

Later during Japan's formation, the basis of techniques for grappling found within Kung Fu was expanded and developed into several artforms such as Jujitsu and later Aikido and Judo.

In Japan's feudal-era, after the Battle Of Sekigahara, when all the Samurai Clans were mostly united under the Emperor and conventional warefare was more scant, Samurai became used more as bodyguards and practiced forms of combat that were designed to subdue a single opponent who wouldn't necessarily be armed.

That is where Ground-fighting became more prominent and one of the few times were it was useful and applicable in combat.

****"Ok in your opinion which is more better Jeet kune Do or Shoalin kung fu ?

Jeet Kune Do's base-art is Wing Chun - which is Shaolin Kung Fu.

****"MMA fighters tbh also know about pressure points as well

They do not. Other than constricting a person's windpipe.

Shaolin Monk's on the other hand, can shut down every part of a person's body with simple pressure-point attacks.

Comparing an MMA Fighter's knowledge of pressure points with a Shaolin Monk, is like comparing a Kindergartner finger-painting with Picasso.

, their was a shaolin monk that fought a MMA fighter and lost so bad it was embarrassing"

No Shaolin Monk has ever fought an MMA Fighter.

The Shaolin Order was all nearly wiped out in the 1960s during Mao's revolution in China, and the Shaolin Monks who weren't killed or arrested, fled the country.

A few opened Kung Fu schools in other countries, but most kept a low profile - and they never believed in fighting people for fame or money.

The acrobats and showmen you see at Shaolin Temples or in combat sports in modern times are government propagandists and spies - they are not Shaolin Monks.

No Shaolin Monk has ever fought an MMA Fighter, but if they did, they would destroy them pretty easily.

MMA fighters know how to block

They absolutely do not - blocking is not a technique that is commonly used in MMA.

MMA Fighters get routinely knocked out in fights, due to their inability to block punches and kicks.

MMA Fighters prefer to rely on Western Boxing, where they train to take hits to their head and throw combinations - usually resulting in them eventually getting knocked out.

Shaolin Kung Fu does the opposite and places an emphasis on not getting hit, and instead attacking through an opening to strike the opponent's weak point.

(CaveDude33211) You Stated : ""Bruce Lee never criticized Shaolin Kung Fu.

****To be honest He did when he fought and defeated Wong Jack Man who was a shaolin monk and did shaolin kungfu in depth. Bruce criticized his fighting style saying it wasnt effective etc it was in a book and he openly stated this to the public, He defeated Wong with ease .. ***/

1. Jack Wong was not a Shaolin Monk.

2. Bruce Lee's fighting style was Shaolin Kung Fu.

Bruce's criticisms of Jack Wong were about Jack's skills as a fighter - not a critique of Shaolin Kung Fu itself - which Bruce Lee practiced and used.

Again, Bruce did however criticize Sport-Karate as a system and stated those techniques were impractical and inefficient and likened them to "Dry land swimming".

CaveDude33211
Even using proper weight divisions, so a 125lbs Shaolin monk isn't going up against a 220lbs MMA heavy weight, I'd say your top ranked MMA fighter could beat your best Shaolin practitioner across every weight division.

A Shaolin Monk could simply land one strike on an MMA Fighter's solar-plexus, sternum or liver and knock the MMA Fighter out easily.

MMA Fighters on the other hand, can't replicate the same feat casually.

MMA Fighters also aren't good at blocking and are highly-susceptible to being knocked out with simple punching attacks.

Shaolin Monks would be nearly impossible to hit, due to more advanced blocking techniques.

Your top ranked MMA Fighter, like Anderson Silva for example, would give a decent fight to a Shaolin Monk - but the Shaolin Monk would eventually knock him out.

CaveDude33211
CaveDude the sock is saying a lot of nonsense. Bruce Lee (who would also get his ass kicked by any top ranked MMA fighter today even with Bruce in his prime)

Based on what? smile

did criticize all traditional Chinese martial arts that relied on strict forms. Bruce felt that one should use whatever was best for a given fight/situation.

And I'm sure you don't even know which part he specifically critiqued, do you? smile

He didn't criticize Shaolin Kung Fu as being ineffective - Bruce Lee taught and used Shaolin Kung Fu.

If Bruce Lee was alive today, he would criticize MMA as being ineffective and impractical for reasons already stated.

Even before his death, Bruce Lee still relied mainly on the Shaolin Kung Fu art of Wing Chun - which is the base-art of Jeet Kune Do.

Putinbot1
This socks posts are comedy gold. Good stuff Thorne.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Putinbot1
This socks posts are comedy gold. Good stuff Thorne.

Your clueless rambling is even funnier. And who the fvck is Thorne? smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.