Dr. Manhattan vs. Pinhead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGod
https://i.postimg.cc/5Nh3Xk5m/1.jpg

-VS-

https://i.postimg.cc/sg5J79wC/2.jpg

How does it go?

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
the good doctor takes this

LordGod
Particular reason why you think so?

Bashar Teg
imho pinhead has many temporary ways to kill doc, but no permanent ones. pinhead would also be bored af with it all, since he'd likely not have the ability to make doc suffer. maybe if he were able to draw doc's entire being into hell, if that's even possible, which it probably isn't

Impediment
Stalemate.

Pinhead is a divine being and Manhattan could just turn intangible or recreate himself.

LordGod
I was just wondering how Manhattan would go about actually winning since he's never encountered an immortal demonic entity before. Not sure that Pinhead's atomic structure could be manipulated in the same way as the "earthly" matter that Manhattan is accustomed to playing with.

riv6672
Originally posted by Impediment
Pinhead is a divine being
^^^huh. Did not know. thumb up

TheVaultDweller
Because Science actually recently did an interesting breakdown on Dr Manhattan. Just ignore the cheesy jokes:

f4QhfwpvdrI

So, yeah, very interesting fight, as you have two extremely powerful entities, but their powers operate on completely different principles. Hard to say how this goes down.

ShadowFyre
Good match. A lot of good points. I'm gonna say Manhattan takes it outside if he'll but Pinhead reigns supreme inside

Bashar Teg
how could doc kill pinhead, tho?

Robtard
Seems they could destroy each other's bodies, but that's not a permanent death for either of them.

Doc has more power if we tap into the written material. Unless the Hellraiser comic/written material trumps that. Not read myself.

Bashar Teg
if hell shared the same physical properties and is part of the universe, doc would stomp. however as imp pointed out, pinhead is supernatural. but could the supernatural be that which is a part of our universe which simply can't comprehend? If so, doc would probably have this match in the bag. it's purely a philosophical debate.

Robtard
Agreed.

Tapping into the written word, Manhattan is able to travel to other realities and universes and he's behind the rebirth of the new DC reality, he re-created an entirely new reality which mixed the DC and Watchmen universes. That seems god-level and greater than Pinhead's shown.

Though I've not seen all nine Hellraiser films. I think I stopped at four.

Imp could tell us more regarding the "Doomsday Clock" comic, as I think Manhattan was stopped somehow.

Bashar Teg
I stopped at 3 because it was just awful. my suffering was legendary

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed.

Tapping into the written word, Manhattan is able to travel to other realities and universes and he's behind the rebirth of the new DC reality, he re-created an entirely new reality which mixed the DC and Watchmen universes. That seems god-level and greater than Pinhead's shown.

He's also about to job to Superman.

Robtard
Who doesn't? stick out tongue

KingD19
In Doomsday Clock Manhattan literally figures out how magic works and adds it to his power set.

ShadowFyre
But this isn't the comics. Manhattan already got tricked and beaten by a human. In Hell, Pinhead would give him sexual organs just to rape him with.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
Who doesn't? stick out tongue

Good point.

Robtard
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
But this isn't the comics. Manhattan already got tricked and beaten by a human. In Hell, Pinhead would give him sexual organs just to rape him with.

Manhattan already has a blue cock, balls and anus though...

ShadowFyre
Oh yeah. I was thinking he didn't for some reason

LordGod
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
But this isn't the comics. Exactly.

Surtur
Honestly I don't think whether or not Pinhead is supernatural matters. This is about power. I have not kept up with the Hellraiser series so maybe he did some crazy shit and came back from bodily destruction?

Not all divine beings are created equal so that is irrelevant as well imo.

Bashar Teg
it is relevant. but you'd have to have knowledge on the topic to know that neither character (according to screen feats) can be killed permanently. both have been completely physically eradicated, only to return (immediately, in the case of doc). That's pretty relevant, yes?

Putinbot1
I think potentially, certainly present Manhatten is on a multiversal scale he has no sold magic. Whilst Pinhead is also Multiversal in presence his power operates on a much lower scale. The Doc as of DC now is magnitudes beyond a small god, angel, demon.

ShadowFyre
Ok...one last time. This is movie Manhattan. Literally zero of his comic feats apply here.

Quit calling him multiversal, he isn't even city level in the movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.