Superman vs. Thanos- armwrestle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGod
This is Routh Superman-
https://i.postimg.cc/ZnZ90ZWf/1.jpg

Thanos is amping his physical stats with the Power stone-
https://i.postimg.cc/BbgjKyDJ/2.jpg

Strict armwrestling match only. How does it go?

Darth Thor
Does the power stone physically amp Thanos?

Bashar Teg
why Routh, the lamest of all Supermen?

LordGod
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Does the power stone physically amp Thanos? Looked like it did when he punched Brie.

LordGod
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
why Routh, the lamest of all Supermen? Because he's the strongest.

Josh_Alexander
I don't recall Thanos ever using the stone in such a way.

If he does use it to give himself "strength" then he should win this by the very concept of the Power Stone.

I don't recall this Superman's feats however, is he beyond Universal power?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by LordGod
Because he's the strongest.

goddamnit...you're right. sad

ShadowFyre
He doesn't need to be "beyond" universal power to win this.

I personally think Supes will win this due to speed and being able to slam Thanos hands before he can ever even activate the power stone.

This Superman lifts a kryptonite Island which is far and beyond any strength feat anyone in the MCU has.

Supes 8-9/10 unless he hesitates and gives Thanos the chance to activate the stone.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He doesn't need to be "beyond" universal power to win this.

I personally think Supes will win this due to speed and being able to slam Thanos hands before he can ever even activate the power stone.

This Superman lifts a kryptonite Island which is far and beyond any strength feat anyone in the MCU has.

Supes 8-9/10 unless he hesitates and gives Thanos the chance to activate the stone.

I think it's obvious that the stone is already active, as the OP stated that Thanos is amped.

So, I don't think speed bears in mind here.

Adam Grimes
If it's anything like Comic!Power Gem then it doesn't work like you think it does, Josh.

ShadowFyre
Well, if it's already activated then Thanos probably wins. But how the stones work are some what vague

SquallX

ShadowFyre
That's true, I forgot it's technically Reeves Superman.

NemeBro
Because he's the strongest. Of live action Supermen? He's not. Reeves Superman and Welling Superman are considerably stronger, with Welling being probably the strongest live action Superman.

Anyway, how are we supposed to answer this thread? At no point in the entire MCU are we given any indication that the power stone can amp its users' strength.

Regardless, there is not a single feat of strength on par with Routh lifting an island the size of Greenland apparently in the entire MCU.

ShadowFyre
Well, it greatly amped Rowan's durability and I was led to assume strength but it really doesn't matter cause Supes is gonna slam his hand faster than he can do anything.

Josh_Alexander
Well, it greatly amped Rowan's durability and I was led to assume strength but it really doesn't matter cause Supes is gonna slam his hand faster than he can do anything.

Ehhh, no. This is a armwrestling, they are already bracing. Speed won't matter here.

NemeBro
It won't matter because by feats Routh is much stronger than Thanos is, I agree. thumb up

Darth Thor

Psychotron
Thanos never amped himself with the stone in the movies. Superman wins either way.

John Murdoch
Routh Superman 10/10, as well as Reeves and Welling Supermen 10/10. Cavill should be able to skunk Thanos as well. My animated Supermen feats are too hazy to recall, but they should stomp too (certainly All-Star Superman, who actually arm wrestled in his adaptation haha).

ShadowFyre
Remind me which one wellings is? Is that Smallville?

So is Rough Superman Reeves Superman or not?

It really shouldn't matter for this thread but I'm curious

John Murdoch

It really shouldn't matter for this thread but I'm curious

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Bryan Singer intended Routh Superman to be a continuation of Reeves Superman after Superman II, as if Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace never happened to Clark Kent. So:

- Reeves Superman is Superman: The Movie, II, III, & IV
- Routh Superman is Superman: The Movie, II, & Returns
- And yes sir, Welling Superman is Smallville + his upcoming appearance on the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline, whatever that appearance entails as well.

John Murdoch
^ For the purposes of this thread, Routh having Superman: The Movie and Superman II feats + stuff like the plane rescue and kryptonite island lifting feats should equal a victory with or without the power stone against Thanos, IMO. That's without taking into account his unreal levels of speed and exotic powerset (the turning back time stuff from I and news reports saying Superman was moving so fast he was appearing in more than one place at the same time type stuff in Returns).

NemeBro

It really shouldn't matter for this thread but I'm curious Only for the first two films.

And it does matter, Reeves Superman could push the moon at relativistic speeds.

relentless1
Routh Superman is Reeve Superman and that means he destroys Thanos in any sort of challenge

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by NemeBro
Only for the first two films.

And it does matter, Reeves Superman could push the moon at relativistic speeds.

It doesn't matter in the fact that Supes is gonna win regardless based off of each movies individual feats

LordGod
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Speed won't matter here. Yes it would. confused

ShadowFyre
Why would speed not matter in an arm wrestling contest? It absolutely would imo, it wouldn't be the deal breaker but it would definitely be an advantage

Darth Thor
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Bryan Singer intended Routh Superman to be a continuation of Reeves Superman after Superman II, as if Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace never happened to Clark Kent. So:

- Reeves Superman is Superman: The Movie, II, III, & IV
- Routh Superman is Superman: The Movie, II, & Returns
- And yes sir, Welling Superman is Smallville + his upcoming appearance on the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline, whatever that appearance entails as well.

Precisely thumb up

Impediment
Reeve and Routh are the same Superman with different actors.

This Superman flew faster than light and reversed time, and pushed the moon out of orbit at WTF ridiculous speed.

Thanos gets his arm broken.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Impediment

This Superman flew faster than light and reversed time, and pushed the moon out of orbit at WTF ridiculous speed.

No Routh Superman never pushed the moon. That was Superman 4. Routh Superman was a sequel to Superman 1 & 2 only.

LordGod
Why would speed not matter in an arm wrestling contest? It absolutely would imo, it wouldn't be the deal breaker but it would definitely be an advantage thumb up

Adam Grimes
No Routh Superman never pushed the moon. That was Superman 4. Routh Superman was a sequel to Superman 1 & 2 only. Reported for arguing against a mod ruling. thumb up

LordGod
No Routh Superman never pushed the moon. That was Superman 4. Routh Superman was a sequel to Superman 1 & 2 only. I think his point is that Routh Superman IS Reeve Superman. They are meant to be the same exact character.

As such- Routh gets Reeve's feats by default.

Darth Thor
I think his point is that Routh Superman IS Reeve Superman. They are meant to be the same exact character.

As such- Routh gets Reeve's feats by default.

Theyre not exactly the same though. Their paths change after Superman 2. So Routh doesnt get Reeves Superman 3 & Superman 4 feats by default.

playa1258
The question is which live action Superman does not beat Thanos?

Psychotron
Originally posted by playa1258
The question is which live action Superman does not beat Thanos?

That's honestly a good question. Reeves, Routh, Welling, and Cavill all kill him for sure.

ShadowFyre
What othe r ones are there?

Putinbot1
What othe r ones are there? George Reeves and the Supergirl one, to name two.

John Murdoch
- Dean Cain Superman might lost, but I don't know much about him. He did eat a bomb capable of causing a massive explosion/reaction of some sort at a power plant and it caused him only to pat his chest like he ate a spicy pepper or something.

- Don't know about Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, or other live-action actors.

Putinbot1
Dean Cain would toast him

Silent Master
If I remember correctly, Dean Cain Superman had far better super-speed than DCEU Superman.

Robtard
It's it's not been mentioned, Routh Superman is the same as Reeve's Superman (film 1-2). ergo, he wins this with ease.

Surtur
It needs to be noted it is irrelevant if Routh Superman is Reeve Superman because he doesn't need Reeves feats to win. Flying an entire island into space>>>>>>>>>anything Thanos physically did. In fact, flying an island into space>>>>anything anyone in the MCU ever physically did.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the island was made of kryptonite and Superman had just been shanked with kryptonite too.

Surtur
And while I know he was intended to be Reeve Superman, if he is how did Lois remember that she f*cked Superman? I thought the super kiss erased it. Yet she clearly knew in Superman Returns. She wasn't shocked and demanding answers from Superman as to how her kid has powers. You can see how uncomfortable she is when her husband asks her about the "I spent the night with Superman" article. She knows she boned him, and must have hooked up with the husband so soon afterwards she didn't know which guy had knocked her up(Supes dodged a bullet there).

Or did the kiss only erase her knowledge that Clark Kent is Superman?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
It needs to be noted it is irrelevant if Routh Superman is Reeve Superman because he doesn't need Reeves feats to win. Flying an entire island into space>>>>>>>>>anything Thanos physically did. In fact, flying an island into space>>>>anything anyone in the MCU ever physically did.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the island was made of kryptonite and Superman had just been shanked with kryptonite too.

I had a similar argument years ago in the MVF. Noted the time it took Supes to lift the island from sea level to outside Earth's orbit, the estimated weight of the island, that the weight would be bearing down on him from above while he exerted the tremendous lift required to raise it from below, meaning his body would be under ridiculous levels of strain. The fact Supe's was actively being weakened by Kryptonite both around him and inside him while doing so.

The feat really is one of the most impressive feats of strength and durability. A similar feat is Astroboy's lifting of the city which came up in another match, in terms of strength and durability, but that's just a city, not an island.

But a certain lovable someone dismissed Superman's feat under the "he was sun soaked!" claim.

Surtur
But he wasn't sun soaked he was exposed to the normal levels of sunlight...

Putinbot1
Well, another time Surt, Rob and Whirly are in agreement! It does happen.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Silent Master
If I remember correctly, Dean Cain Superman had far better super-speed than DCEU Superman. And Planet moving strength.

playa1258
CW Superman will probably get feats to take Thanos and if the statements are true Titans Supes and Krypton Supes do too.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
I had a similar argument years ago in the MVF. Noted the time it took Supes to lift the island from sea level to outside Earth's orbit, the estimated weight of the island, that the weight would be bearing down on him from above while he exerted the tremendous lift required to raise it from below, meaning his body would be under ridiculous levels of strain. The fact Supe's was actively being weakened by Kryptonite both around him and inside him while doing so.

The feat really is one of the most impressive feats of strength and durability. A similar feat is Astroboy's lifting of the city which came up in another match, in terms of strength and durability, but that's just a city, not an island.

But a certain lovable someone dismissed Superman's feat under the "he was sun soaked!" claim.

Think it beats the World Engine feat? The gravity beam did go all the way through the Earth.

Impediment
Superman absolutely shit stomps Thanos.

riv6672
Thanos Over The Top.

Those big meaty sausage fingers...mmmm

Silent Master
Originally posted by Impediment
Superman absolutely shit stomps Thanos.

If h1 didn't want Superman to win, this is what he'd post.

Originally posted by h1a8
Post a scene where Superman absolutely shit stomps someone in arm wrestling or it doesn't count.

riv6672
https://i.lensdump.com/i/jZk2Ko.jpg

Nibedicus

riv6672
But can he arm wrestle?

Psychotron
Can Thanos?

Surtur
Routh Superman lifted an island made of kryptonite, after having been stabbed with kryptonite.

Thanos has no physical strength feats, amped or not, to match that.

He loses.

Some mentioned Clark from Smallville, but he's a planet mover so it's even worse.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by playa1258
CW Superman will probably get feats to take Thanos and if the statements are true Titans Supes and Krypton Supes do too.

Well, I never watched Krypton, so can't comment there. But, IIRC, Titans-verse Supes is supposedly FTL, according to Dr Eve Watson, which would put him out of Thanos' league purely via the laughable speed difference. And even CW Superman is a multi-million tonner via scaling from the key feat, to go along with things like the time he supported a collapsing skyscraper while Supergirl flew off to try and fix the foundation.

TheVaultDweller
Oh, and actually, CW Superman also has another decent strength feat. He replicated the Reeves Superman coal to diamond move, though his was smaller. Though it should also be noted CW Kal did his purely onehanded (and they actually included the heat element in his):

JyHFPV-j8Gs

lzD1ZcfqYFo

And it's pretty impressive based on what Kyle Hill says from about the 8 minute mark onward:

ePyRYv9A35I

So, yeah, going both via scaling from Kara (who has also done things like lift a submarine out of the water and flew the Fort Roz prison into space etc.) and some of his own feats, CW Superman is already not too shabby. Because he's also got a couple of decent speed and durability feats as well.

relentless1
Routh Superman = Reeves Superman and he breaks Thanos' arm off without breaking a sweat

SquallX
Smallville already did the coal feat.

TheVaultDweller
That doesn't detract from my point, which is that CW Superman already has a number of decent feats under his belt, despite his lack of overall screen-time.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

riv6672
Originally posted by riv6672
Thanos Over The Top.

Those big meaty sausage fingers...mmmm
Post Necro Bump...still going w. Thanos.

SquallX

riv6672
Originally posted by SquallX
Because Thanos is really going to beat pre crisis Superman.
Agreed. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.