Who in DC can defeat Perpetua

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
A crap ton of threads have been made with the World Forger, and it surprises me that not nearly as many have been made for Perpetua. This makes me wonder: who other than the Source and its Judges in DC are more powerful than Perpetua? Some feats from her off the top of my head:

-Rending the Overvoid into flesh to create the Monitor, Anti-Monitor, and World Forger, three truly Multiversal + beings, latter of which was capable of keeping a Multiversal entity (Barbatos) as a pet on his shoulder for billions of years, forging Hypertime, and tanking a Multiversal punch.

-Instantly oneshotting the Ultra-Monitor, a fusion of the Monitor/Anti-Monitor/World Forger and the power of the totality, which allowed the Brothers to shape their respective domains of Matter, Anti-Matter, and Dark Matter. Also granting the Ultra-Monitor the ALE and transforming him into COIE AM.

-Creating the initial DC Multiverse and the Sixth Dimension ex-nihilo, a realm beyond even imagination/the 5th dimension that makes the entire lower Multiverse (which in this case consists of the Dark Multiverse, 5th dimension, Monitor Sphere, Sphere of Gods, mainstream multiverse, etc) appear microbial in comparison.

Galan007
Did Perpetua actually create the 6th dimension, though? I thought she just operated within it -- like Mxy and the 5th dimension..?

MrMind
perpetua is just one of many who resides in the 6th dimension to create multiverses

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Galan007
Did Perpetua actually create the 6th dimension, though? I thought she just operated within it -- like Mxy and the 5th dimension..?

Well, Perpetua is stated to have created the entire DC Multiverse from scratch (creating it out of the nothingness that is the blank canvas of the Overvoid). The Sixth Dimension is still part of DC, and as such could not have existed prior to Perpetua creating it. I would argue Perpetua is more or less directly responsible for the creation of Mxy and the like as well.

At the very least, Perpetua created the Matter, Anti-Matter, and incomprehensibly massive Dark Multiverse.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by MrMind
perpetua is just one of many who resides in the 6th dimension to create multiverses

The Sixth Dimension is not the same as the Greater Omniverse: the former is a dimension Perpetua created along with the Brothers Three to act as the control room for the DC Multiverse. The Greater Omniverse is where Perpetua and the Super Celestials create multiverses on the blank canvas of the Overvoid. As Mxy says, only Perpetua and the Brothers Three could exist in the 6th dimension prior to the destruction of the Source Wall, which caused the barriers between dimensions in DC to falter. It is a product of DC, not a dimension where all of the super celestials in the Omniverse reside.

ShadowFyre
So she created WF?

Galan007
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, Perpetua is stated to have created the entire DC Multiverse from scratch (creating it out of the nothingness that is the blank canvas of the Overvoid). The Sixth Dimension is still part of DC, and as such could not have existed prior to Perpetua creating it. I would argue Perpetua is more or less directly responsible for the creation of Mxy and the like as well.

At the very least, Perpetua created the Matter, Anti-Matter, and incomprehensibly massive Dark Multiverse. But there are no direct implications that Perpetua created the 6th or even 5th dimensions. So far as we know, she 'only' created the dimensional space of the mainstream multiverse(which stops at the Monitor Sphere), as well as the Dark Multiverse(which is infinitely more vast than all dimensions within the mainstream multiverse combined.)

I personally think Perpetua was created within the 6th dimension(by the Source) to carry out her function of multiversal creation. IOW, she operates from within the 6th dimension, but she didn't create the realm itself

Galan007
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So she created WF? Perpetua created WF, Monitor, and Anti-Monitor. Three, fully multiversal beings.

celeyhyga17
The "Cosmic Judges" can beat her i gather.

Stoic
I'll place odds on Dr. Manhattan being able to break even with her at the least, but I'm thinking that Manhattan wins.

deft
Maybe Lucifer or Michael.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Stoic
I'll place odds on Dr. Manhattan being able to break even with her at the least, but I'm thinking that Manhattan wins. what if Superman beats up Dr. Manhattan?

Diesldude

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
I'll place odds on Dr. Manhattan being able to break even with her at the least, but I'm thinking that Manhattan wins.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
what if Superman beats up Dr. Manhattan?

Hes not. You all were parading around KMC saying that Superman was going to beat the team of Zod, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, etc... and when he did face them, he was getting slaughtered. It's like you parade on possibilities and it never happens.

xJLxKing

CatL18
Mandrakk and Cosmic Armor Superman.
Mandrakk is avatar of page and CAS represents ink.
And,Empty hand.

Diesldude

CatL18
BTW, in Morrison and Geoff's setting, it is Superman who represents ink(imagination)
But, in Snyder setting, it is probably The Source who represents ink.
What do you think this difference?

Badabing
HISHE Batman would win.

Galan007
Originally posted by CatL18
BTW, in Morrison and Geoff's setting, it is Superman who represents ink(imagination)
But, in Snyder setting, it is probably The Source who represents ink.
What do you think this difference? My take:

The Overvoid is the blank paper/canvas of the comic book itself -- the 'white space' in between panels. I believe the Source is a type of proxy/variation of the Overvoid(as they both transcend ALL), and is used as the means through which writers can introduce the ink/content to the page.

Thought-Robot was powered by the most powerful and hopeful story in existence: the story of Superman. That was the only way to counter Mandrakk, who was, literally, the epitome/manifestation of 'bad story' -- the metafictional essence of evil, if you will.

CatL18
Originally posted by Galan007
My take:

The Overvoid is the blank paper/canvas of the comic book itself -- the 'white space' in between panels. I believe the Source is a type of proxy/variation of the Overvoid(as they both transcend ALL), and is used as the means through which writers can introduce the ink/content to the page.

Thought-Robot was powered by the most powerful and hopeful story in existence: the story of Superman. That was the only way to counter Mandrakk, who was, literally, the epitome/manifestation of 'bad story' -- the metafictional essence of evil, if you will.
I see.
I totally agree with your explanation.

I think strongest power in DC is the imagination itself.
It has been confirmed by many stories like Final Crisis.
That is why I put CAS and 5th Dimensional Imp like Mxy at one of highest tier.

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude
what if Superman beats up Dr. Manhattan?

That would be weird. A physical conflict between the two should never happen. For example, even if DOTNG's isn't canon, Superman states that there are simply forces beyond his powers. This is further reinforced, when he and the other forces of order are routed by Apex Luthor in what I'd assumed was a hypothetical mock up of how the battle would go if they fought it without first gathering the fragments. In that future, they all died.

ATM the situation has placed the forces of good in a do or die position. This shows that Superman has a limit, or he'd just go sundip and save the day solo, Superman has limits, he can just take more bullshit than mostly any Earth hero can.

LordGod
Maybe Mxy. Maybe Doc Manhattan.

MrMind
Definite:
Overvoid/Source/Presence/
Elaine Belloc
Great Evil Beast

Possibly:
Judges of the Source (they done it once)
The Endless altogether
Lucifer Morningstar
Michael Demiurgos
Mxy
CA Superman/Mandrakk
Yellow Aliens
The Leviathan of Stories
The Empty Hand

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by MrMind
Definite:
Overvoid/Source/Presence/
Elaine Belloc
Great Evil Beast

Possibly:
Judges of the Source (they done it once)
The Endless altogether
Lucifer Morningstar
Michael Demiurgos
Mxy
CA Superman/Mandrakk
Yellow Aliens
The Leviathan of Stories
The Empty Hand

I thought Lucifer and Michael were above GEB? My memory is kinda shoddy on them though

MrMind
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I thought Lucifer and Michael were above GEB? My memory is kinda shoddy on them though

I wouldn't think so

GEB is the great darkness equal to Presence light, as the collateral of their fight would destroy all creation. so they stalemated and merged

There was a scan somewhere that if Spectre was at full potential he could've stopped GEB, which I only view it as pure hyperbole

carver9
@Diesldude...

Sigh, you're wrong again.

Diesldude
Originally posted by carver9
@Diesldude...

Sigh, you're wrong again.

You made false accusations. I asked you to provide proof, and you respond with this?

Diesldude
Carver’s next reply.

I just got owned

Philosophía
Mxy based on feats .

Based on presentation, unknown, really, until we know more about the other Multiverses/Judges of the Source.

DarkSaint85
Hes not. You all were parading around KMC saying that Superman was going to beat the team of Zod, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, etc... and when he did face them, he was getting slaughtered. It's like you parade on possibilities and it never happens.

.....Lol.

Can't wait to see Damage peel Superman scalp backwards.

Diana is going to wreck Black Adam. She has consistently been displayed above Herald level.

Did anyone read Immortal Hulk? It was just verified that ALL of the Hulks except WWH has merged into one being. Thanos gets killed here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.