Obama sums up most "woke" posters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1

Putinbot1
Spot on, I've been saying this for years.

Surtur
He may not properly know how to throw a baseball, but the dude can sum up woke culture something fierce smile

dadudemon

Emperordmb
I heard someone say the other day say "I didn't like him as president, but he'd make a great high school teacher"

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Nice.

If only he wasn't a warmongering, fundamental rights violating, corporatist, he seems like he'd be a good guy.

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/L5jXcnbp2dkZi/giphy.gif

Robtard

Surtur

Eternal Idol
I've got mixed feelings about this.

I think we should call out bullshit and wrongdoing more often. On the other hand, people are flawed and don't always make the best choices, but are capable of learning from their mistakes and making amends.

BoJack Horseman deals with this concept of personal responsibility a lot. It's a great show, and if you haven't seen it, you should.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I've got mixed feelings about this.

I think we should call out bullshit and wrongdoing more often. On the other hand, people are flawed and don't always make the best choices, but are capable of learning from their mistakes and making amends.

BoJack Horseman deals with this concept of personal responsibility a lot. It's a great show, and if you haven't seen it, you should.

The thing is one can call out someone for doing something wrong without demanding they lose their livelihood and be shunned from society. For example, one can say Shane Gillis shouldn't have made certain jokes without the need to say he should to be fired.

And people need to at least be consistent. The latest thing with Katie Hill shows, for instance, a lot of the #MeToo crowd are hypocritical weasels.

Rage.Of.Olympus

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
The thing is one can call out someone for doing something wrong without demanding they lose their livelihood and be shunned from society. For example, one can say Shane Gillis shouldn't have made certain jokes without the need to say he should to be fired.

And people need to at least be consistent. The latest thing with Katie Hill shows, for instance, a lot of the #MeToo crowd are hypocritical weasels.

They might be but it also shows why markets deal better with "inequities" or bigotry better then our govt does. They move quickly, just or unjust but they do things govts can't keep up with.

Also people that decide to make statements about their politics etc are constantly asking for fire. That's one of the first things we learn in life, don't push, religion, politics unless you want significant feedback.

Bentley

Surtur

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Spot on, I've been saying this for years.

As have I.

Obama was into the community organizing scene, so he's calling them out from the perspective of someone that's done real stuff. He's been to those meetings, and participated in sit ins and all kinds of stuff that involved doing more then sending an angry letter.

Of course, this probably means he doesn't have a thing against the "spirit" of these armchair activists. I bet he isn't even against some of the rudeness.

It's just the fact, they're not really doing anything BUT being jerks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.