Who is up for this movie challenge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drsoe08
So recently I've been binge watching some of my country's (Philippines) acclaimed movies, till I stumbled to this behemoth of a film

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/aa/e1/e9aae1365323e0e3e4c8a1dfac9fbaae.jpg

A Lullaby to the Sorrowful Mystery (Filipino: Hele sa Hiwagang Hapis) is a 2016 Filipino historical fantasy drama film directed by Lav Diaz. The movie is 485 minutes long, roughly 8 hours.

So anyone up for this movie challenge? lol

Patient_Leech
Jesus...

Well, I mean there are plenty of TV series that are probably way longer than that.

I guess my willingness to sit through it would have to do with whether or not it's actually good.

Drsoe08
I finally watched this behemoth of a film, and its not an easy feat. Started around 9 in the morning, finished it around 6 in the evening, my goodness no amount of words can describe this monster. A TON of long takes without any dialogue lol, the story was a mix of history and fantasy, there's two story lines in the movie.

First, De Jesus' search for the body of her husband and KKK Supremo, Andres Bonifacio and second, there's the somewhat continuation of Jose Rizal's novel 'El Filibusterismo' and lastly, throw in some portions of Philippine mythology.

Don't let the run time fool you, this film is a godly experience.
5 stars out of 5 for me, a true masterpiece of cinema.
every serious cinephile should watch this film atleast once.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.