Color Out of Space

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Nicolas Cage Sci-Fi Horror, Based on a H.P. Lovecraft story of the same name

y4Rn5XAw8YU

Patient_Leech
thumb up

I think I heard something about this a year or so ago. Trailer is intriguing.

Robtard
Based on a Lovecraft short story and looks like a B-horror movie, I'll watch it

Surtur
I HAVE THE POWAH!

Astner
The Colour Out of Space is probably Lovecraft's one novella that shouldn't be adapted into a visual medium, because it's themed by a glow in a visible color not part of the visible color spectrum.

Astner
The trailer looks like hot garbage by the way. thumb down

Kazenji
Noticed the director is also the same guy who did that Hardware movie, Hoping that this one is alot better then that film.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
thumb up

I think I heard something about this a year or so ago. Trailer is intriguing.
Same here, and same here.

Lovecraft and Cage were made for each other.

Astner
Originally posted by riv6672
Lovecraft and Cage were made for each other.
How? Cage looks like a posh kid who grew up with drugs and never accomplished anything in his life.

Lovecraft wasn't just a racist, he was also an imperialist. It's clear from his stories that noble traits like: attractiveness, intelligence, distinguished ancestry, virtue. a hard work-ethic, and a strong will are characteristics that go hand-in-hand; as does malformed features, pettiness, mental unsoundness, superstition, and amorality.

Here we can see that the main character is slender, intelligent, likable, social, and hard-working. Does this sound like someone who'd look like Nicholas Cage?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Astner
The Colour Out of Space is probably Lovecraft's one novella that shouldn't be adapted into a visual medium, because it's themed by a glow in a visible color not part of the visible color spectrum.

I'm okay with that. It gives the filmmakers room to be creative and trippy.

Originally posted by Astner
Lovecraft wasn't just a racist, he was also an imperialist. It's clear from his stories that noble traits like: attractiveness, intelligence, distinguished ancestry, virtue. a hard work-ethic, and a strong will are characteristics that go hand-in-hand; as does malformed features, pettiness, mental unsoundness, superstition, and amorality.

And Stephen King did a lot of coke. So what? One can still enjoy aspects of the stories without condoning some of the author's tenancies. Lovecraft was a huge influence like him or not.

NemeBro
That's not what he's saying lol

Kazenji
Richard Stanley to do The Dunwich Horror next

https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/the-dunwich-horror

dynamix
ohhhh a lovecraft universe! Color out of space is out this weekend but i think only in select theaters for now.

BruceSkywalker
i' ve only liked nic cage in a few films but i stilll might see this

Kazenji
It's good Richard Stanley has gotten back into directing after the shit show of 'The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996).

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
'The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996).
Good grief that was awful. The only good thing to come of that were Fairuza Balk as a cat and the Brando-esque character parody from South Park.

Robtard
This film was hilariously bad. The only redeeming quality is Nick Cage being Nick Cage with his ridiculous overacting.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
This film was hilariously bad. The only redeeming quality is Nick Cage being Nick Cage with his ridiculous overacting.

I watched it. I did laugh at Nic Cage's raginess a few times, but at least it fit with the premise of the film somewhat.

The movie's not bad at all. It's Annihilation (2018) meets The Thing (1982) meets Nic Cage. I do think the film would have worked better with someone besides Nic Cage, though, someone with a little more subtlety and nuance.. heh.

Robtard
Can't disagree more, the film was a disaster, imo.

I got the Annihilation vibe too, wondered if Lovecraft's story was the inspiration for that book and film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.